Page 111 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5234

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    They have put GL wave 2 on matty now for the May 17th slot. They are doing the wave as individual figures rather than as a case like they did with Darkseid/Metallo waves

Wonder which ones will sell out first? Im guessing star sapphire and Skallox/Nite-Lik

JAG2045
    The animal pack & Star Sapphire will sell out the quickest. G'Hu will sit there and rot....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    The animal pack & Star Sapphire will sell out the quickest. G'Hu will sit there and rot....
    I agree with the first two, but I don't know about G'Hu. I'm not a big Green Lantern fan by any means (but have enjoyed all the DC Animated movies and enjoyed the GL Corps in JLU), and I think he's kind of cool! If I had the extra funds, I probably would pick him up. I like his purple colouring and his dreadlock/tentacles. I think he looks pretty interesting and is a fantastic sculpt.

I can see why DCUC collectors would have wanted him to look like this though:

P.S. This thread should be renamed "DC Universe Classics Figure Frustration." DCSH is way long gone.

EDIT: Does anyone have the Dex-Starr, Red Lantern cat yet? I've looked at lots of reviews of that set, but nobody has posted a picture of him in a "kitty" pose. You know, on all 4 legs? I know he's not sculpted to do it very well, but he has the articulation and I want to see it dagnabbit!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 27, 2011 at 03:09am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I don't take my figures off the card or I would.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    P.S. This thread should be renamed "DC Universe Classics Figure Frustration." DCSH is way long gone.
    Yeah ... I gave up hounding all the mods through PMs about this a year ago...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Yeah ... I gave up hounding all the mods through PMs about this a year ago...
    New mods. All done.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Actually, I'd like to just see it titled "DC Universe Classics Discussion", but hey, that's just me.

So with the reveals for SDCC almost upon us, anyone have any ideas about what the SDCC Exclusive could be? Scott had mentioned it was their "oddest" character yet. That statement has me a bit worried, as I typically don't go for the "kooky" characters.

I have a couple of thoughts:

• Ambush bug
    • Duke of Oil
    • Egg Fu
    • Crazy Quilt

So what so you? Any ideas?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think Ambush Bug seems to be the prevailing opinion, from what I've heard. Probably a minimum of new tooling - he'd be on the Deadman buck, I'd imagine.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Eh, I'm used to the "DC Figure Frustration" header. Ambush Bug, huh? Have fun with that.

Ambush bug is the top opinion, but My money is on Rag Doll!!! (Must Have Secret Six!!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    So with the reveals for SDCC almost upon us, anyone have any ideas about what the SDCC Exclusive could be? Scott had mentioned it was their "oddest" character yet. That statement has me a bit worried, as I typically don't go for the "kooky" characters.

I have a couple of thoughts:

• Ambush bug
    • Duke of Oil
    • Egg Fu
    • Crazy Quilt

So what so you? Any ideas?
    My guess is Flaming C.

Last edited by FAKER II; April 28, 2011 at 08:20am.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    New mods. All done.
    Thank you!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    My guess is Flaming C.
    Oh that reminds me of another "odd" possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    Ambush bug is the top opinion, but My money is on Rag Doll!!! (Must Have Secret Six!!!!!!)
    Ohhhh! If it's Rag Doll I'm definitely in!!!
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; April 28, 2011 at 11:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No more frustration for me with this line at all, I gave up on it. I no longer want to waste my time chasing down figures that never arrive in stores, or paying horrible amounts on Matty or Ebay or collector shows. I am even getting rid of all of my DCSH/DCU stuff. Just not worth it as a whole the line is too frustrating and not fun to collect at all.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    No more frustration for me with this line at all, I gave up on it. I no longer want to waste my time chasing down figures that never arrive in stores, or paying horrible amounts on Matty or Ebay or collector shows. I am even getting rid of all of my DCSH/DCU stuff. Just not worth it as a whole the line is too frustrating and not fun to collect at all.
    If you're getting rid of any CnC figure parts, shoot me a PM. I've been tempted to drop the line more than a few times myself, as the rarity - and price -at brick-and-mortar stores just keeps escalating. When I then get a Martian Manhunter with a frozen hip or a Kyle Rayner with oil pouring out of his joints every time I move them, it just discourages me. I reached something of a compromise with my discouragement - I keep collecting, but only select characters rather than the entire collection.

Why don't you guys just buy them online? Just preorder them and they typically arrive before they start popping up in stores.

for me I have to be careful when doing that, shipping typically costs 7-8 bucks for a figure. Sure online they may go for 15 instead of 17 bucks, but it's not fun turning around and actually finding said item in store.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

the SDCC exclusive is Swamp Thing!!! with nifty hidden joints. i had a feeling swamp thing was coming ver y very soon since he just reappeared in the DC universe proper.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Never been a swamp thing fan (only seen the 90's cartoon) so its a miss for me (as my wallet breathes a sigh of relief )

Have to say the "hidden joints" aspect sound cool though- wonder if it will become standard for all figures

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I liked the Swamp Thing comics, but I don't really want a figure of him. Especially not at the secondary market price.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Well, Swamp Thing will be available (without the Un-Men) on Matty after SDCC.

I'm pretty happy, actually - I had a feeling when Swamp Thing made his recent return to the DCU proper that there'd be a clamor for his inclusion in DCUC, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

And I don't care about the Un-Men, so I'm fine with just getting him off the site. I'm glad we'll be able to add him to DCUC line.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

i thought it was funny that he said the articulation on swamp thing was all hidden.

As someone who grew up watching both the animated and live-action Swamp Thing TV shows and movies and who has read a few of the comics, I need to get this figure. I do hope, however, that they eventually release another Swamp Thing more in keeping with his appearance in the latter comics, Swamp Thing Returns movie, and live-action TV show with the cowl-neck aesthetic. As it is, this current figure looks like it was pulled right off the covers of Len Wein's original run, a true artistic masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i thought it was funny that he said the articulation on swamp thing was all hidden.
    I rewound to make sure I heard that right, then my only thought was 'sure compared to Kilowog.'

But yeah not sure what to think of that with the wrists, probably elbows and knees being Barbie like.
    Last edited by wyldman11; April 29, 2011 at 06:06pm.

Bought Star Sapphire. Didn't really examine her too closely beforehand. Wish I had. That's one of the ugliest figures I've ever seen. Her face looks like Cher's (that's not the ugly part, ha ha!) but her eyes are all wonky and one is slightly bigger than the other and WHY is the tiara/mask lavender, when in the comics, it's the same fuchsia as the rest of her suit. Maaaaan. Now I just have to keep hoping that they're eventually make a classic suit Star Sapphire. Buyer's remorse, I'm afraid!

Question for those of you who have seen Robin on the shelves:

What have you been seeing more of: the golden/silver age style head or the Superfriends/Kenner's Superpowers style head?

I've seen about 7 or so Robins with the part in the middle and I haven't seen one of the side parted version Robin. I finally broke down and got one of the vintage style Robins but I'm dying to get a hold of the Superfriends/Superpowers version.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal