Page 115 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Yeah I have an Anti-Monitor on the way since I don't want wave 17.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah I have an Anti-Monitor on the way since I don't want wave 17.

I'm probably going to do the same. I have the DCD Anti-Monitor, which isn't too bad, and he's not a character I'm totally crazy about anyhow. So if I can find a DCUC one that's not too expensive I may do that, but all told, since I'm sitting out Wave 17, I'm glad it's a C&C I'm not desperate to have.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I wish he looked like the DCD one do we could display him with the Sinestro Corps. The Horsemen usually choose the classic look too, except this time.

RISE!

Found a Black Hal today at a specialty store. Don't care for this wave, but I love the design of this costume, already have the DCD one. Also picked up SC Scarecrow.

Last edited by SCB; June 6, 2011 at 02:03am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Yes, half of it is just correcting what should have been, but it's a really nice set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Sure, I'd love a white faced Harley but I'm not paying all that to get it. I'm not THAT put off by the blue-faced one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    i'd love a corrected Harley and her puddin'
    I'm not really up to speed on this line (I've limited my DCUC collection to just the New Gods characters), so I was wondering about the new Harley figure...

Is the only improvement that her face is going to be white without a blue tint? Or are there other differences/upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I'm not really up to speed on this line (I've limited my DCUC collection to just the New Gods characters), so I was wondering about the new Harley figure...

Is the only improvement that her face is going to be white without a blue tint? Or are there other differences/upgrades?
    Best I can tell that is the case.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    saw the superfriends was at Bot Con for $110. couldn't believe it was out so soon . wonder how long till i they show up at Toy r us ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    saw the superfriends was at Bot Con for $110. couldn't believe it was out so soon . wonder how long till i they show up at Toy r us ?
    It sounds like Wave 18 is going to follow rapidly on Wave 17's heels. I wouldn't start looking for them for at least a few weeks yet, but the moderator at Action Figure Times, who gets review samples from Mattel, did get at least El Dorado to review.

Anyway, take this with a grain of salt, but the guy at RTM who's been very close to 100% with his 'leaks' has the following listed for Wave 20:

Superman (Golden Age)
    Arisia
    Guardian
    Manhunter
    Vandal Savage
    Atrocitus
    C&C: Nekron

Superman, Arisia and Savage have been rumored for a while, so I'd be inclined to believe that, and Nekron, as the winner of the last Fan's Choice, was confirmed a while back to be the C&C for Wave 20.

I assume Manhunter is the Paul Kirk version - as for Guardian, I hope that means Ganthet, but it could be an update/redeco/modern version of the Wave 8 Guardian (Jim Harper) as well.

The only other one I wanted from this wave. Which version is better? I think they're both really good. I like the sculpt of the DCD one a little more, especially the stitching on the mask. The DCUC one is double jointed, making for some cool demented posing.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I got my Matty order stuff today and just wanted to put a warning out there to MOC collectors: do NOT buy DCUC stuff from Mattycollector if you are a MOC collector.

Digital River packaged my Catra, Nite-Lik and the Dex-Starr set in a box a little bit bigger than the boxes we used to get single MOTUC figures in. The box itself is smaller than the DCUC packaging, so they almost folded the tops to pack them in there! I couldn't believe it! This is a company that KNOWS people collect MOC and people always express their displeasure when stuff comes dented or creased. Craziness!

Luckily I am not a MOC collector, but it really shocked me and thought I should share my story. So, if you're a MOC collector, I think your best bet is to pick them up locally if you can.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Superman (Golden Age)
    Arisia
    Guardian
    Manhunter
    Vandal Savage
    Atrocitus
    C&C: Nekron
    Jesus, can we get off of Green Lantern's jock? That is a TERRIBLE wave!

At least it isn't Neon Night Wash Batman with water squirting action.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I have to disagree, honestly, since it looks like we're getting away from the themed waves if this line-up is true. Of course, it's going to largely depend on which versions of Guardian and Manhunter we get. Given that the Paul Kirk Manhunter was proposed for the 4th series of Super Powers, his inclusion in DCUC would make sense. Savage is a classic DC villain as well, and it's been a while since we've seen a Superman in a wave, and Golden Age Superman makes a lot of sense.

Yes, three of the five are GL characters (depending on which Guardian we get) - but we knew about Nekron already, and personally, I very much want both Arisia and Atroctitus. (Actually, if Mattel were to spring for a new buck and throw us a Salaak w/Ch'p, that would pretty much do it for any of the GLC I could want!)

To each their own, though! I suspect we'll see less GL stuff by year's end and more Bat- and Super- stuff come 2012.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hey! I like Arisia!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

My Anti-Monitor came in. Cool figure despite the scale and look they chose to make him in. He's not the tallest C&C they've made, but neither was Imperiex. Atleast he can change size. The cape is kind of cheap, cloth without any wires like with Trigon. Still a cool figure on his own.

I'm assuming that Manhunter is a Manhunter robot from Green Lantern. Not sure about Guardian, since they already did the Golden Age one. I guess I inferred that it was one of the Guardians of the Universe. Overall, it just sounded like another Green Lantern wave.

I'm assuming that Manhunter is a Manhunter robot from Green Lantern. Not sure about Guardian, since they already did the Golden Age one. I guess I inferred that it was one of the Guardians of the Universe. Overall, it just sounded like another Green Lantern wave.
    I think they are just trying to tie into the movie, at least it isn't the so so movie line quality of figures that cost just as much as these do. Never figured out why (well to some extent I get it) why movie lines tend to be over priced and lack the quality of regular lines.

I'm assuming that Manhunter is a Manhunter robot from Green Lantern.
    Since the Manhunter robot is pegwarming in a number of places I've seen, from GL Classics wave 1, then I hope Mattel wouldn't make it worse...but there again, this is Mattel.

Since the Manhunter robot is pegwarming in a number of places I've seen, from GL Classics wave 1, then I hope Mattel wouldn't make it worse...but there again, this is Mattel.
    probably this guy.

Nope I am betting manhunter isn't the GL manhunter for 2 reasons.

1. We got one in the GL line.
    2. Look at the Purple lantern Atom. His pants(specifically the lower legs) look like manhunter's

It is not a bad wave per se but I am not into it. honestly after the super friends, legion of doom and all the Super Powers figures are released i am done.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

We need a Manhunter Grandmaster. That's what I'd be hoping for with that Manhunter reference. Also I wish they'd made the Manhunters with closed mouths.

Attrocitus is not a CnC? That's weird. I thought he was sure to be a big one.

Also, once again, I get the feeling that GL Classics has been dumped and the characters planned for Wave 3 are appearing in DCUC waves. I am glad we got the characters we got from the GLC waves, but I'm sorry its over.

No wave featuring Vandal Savage is bad! Ever! Though a Golden Age Superman instead of the Krypton Man...that I find terrible.

which is weird since you'd think more people would army build them. I wanted to until they had the weird head/neck issue where it doesn't look right on top of the body.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I have to say if that Wave 20 line up is in fact true, I have no problems with it. Only one I'd prefer to not be in there is Nekron-he does not warrant a C&C; could easily be a regular figure, and should have been in one of the GL Classics waves. (Give us a Doomsday C&C already!-Hell, Atrocitus could have been the C&C choice, as he's nearly Kilowog's size)

GA Supes is long overdue, (along with GA Bats), Vandal Savage is welcomed, and, depending on how he's designed, could FINALLY pave the way for some civilian-type looks for figures. Not big into Manhunter's character, but his design is unique enough that he'll stand out on the shelf. (Plus the SP tie-in) Arisia & Atrocitus are A-OK by me, and Guardian will depend on which one. If it's the modern version of the one from Wave 9, I'll pass. If it's Ganthet, or one of the other GL Guardians, I'll take it. (Though they could easily put 2 of them in one package or include Ch'p, etc...)

And for all the GL complaining, I wonder who will complain if/when the majority of DCUC next year turn out to be Bat-related?

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    which is weird since you'd think more people would army build them. I wanted to until they had the weird head/neck issue where it doesn't look right on top of the body.
    I think lots of people WOULD like to army build them, but at $16+tax a pop, it makes it hard to do so, especially if you collect other lines.....
    Last edited by Skullface; June 7, 2011 at 10:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    That's because only hardcore collectors army build. Casual buyers and kids don't want generic soldiers which is why Marvel Universe AIM soldiers and Hand ninjas always clog up the pegs in most stores.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    I got two Manhunters MOC for $6 each but I ended up trading one away because I got something nice for it. If I had found more for that price I would have kept a couple.

I have two Manhunters. I was actually a little underwhelmed as they seemed on the small side to me. But at $15/$16 a pop, two is more than plenty for me.