Page 117 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 5267

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Has wave 1 of Batman Legacy been released yet?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    i've only seen it online.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    My LCS got a few Jokers today...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

A couple of questions;

1. how are the batman legacy figs getting released? are they 2 packs or single figs and are they basically a subline like green lantern classics? If so are there any CNC's?

2. Did anyone get the 3secret 3 pack on matty that was released on monday? Or does anyone know what figs were released? Were they new figures or re-packaged old ones?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    A couple of questions;

1. how are the batman legacy figs getting released? are they 2 packs or single figs and are they basically a subline like green lantern classics? If so are there any CNC's?

2. Did anyone get the 3secret 3 pack on matty that was released on monday? Or does anyone know what figs were released? Were they new figures or re-packaged old ones?

JAG2045
    I can only speak to the first one. The Legacy figures are packed individually and with no CnC's. Yes, they are similar to the GL Classics in a sense, but their packaging is more like Batman Movie Masters than DCUC.

I've been collecting these since wave 2, though it's lessen a lot since the recent price hike and having a lot of the characters I like by this time. I'd like for Mattel to release a side-line based on Mike Grell's "Warlord" series (probably online judging by the costumes of most of the female cast), which would make a good bridge between DC Classics and MOTUC.

On re-evaluating the material, the men wore just as little. The main Character's most popular outfit was pretty much a speedo with a furry little loincloth. That's one thing about the lost world of Skartaris, it was a place of equal opportunity lol
    Last edited by King Gilskull; June 29, 2011 at 06:11pm.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So I just got my Toyman from Wave 18 yesterday from BBTS, and man is he COOL!!!

I love the fact they gave him extra wrist and double elbow articulation. Honestly, he is one of the DCUC figures that I've had the most fun with so far.

Kudos to the team at Mattel for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I've been collecting these since wave 2, though it's lessen a lot since the recent price hike and having a lot of the characters I like by this time. I'd like for Mattel to release a side-line based on Mike Grell's "Warlord" series (probably online judging by the costumes of most of the female cast), which would make a good bridge between DC Classics and MOTUC.
    http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/im...d_Vol_1_37.jpg
    On re-evaluating the material, the men wore just as little. The main Character's most popular outfit was pretty much a speedo with a furry little loincloth. That's one thing about the lost world of Skartaris, it was a place of equal opportunity lol
    Yes. Yes! YES! A thousand times, YES!! But...they said they will not use the MOTUC bucks for anything but MOTUC. They could try for a new buck that's between the two, but I don't think they will spend the money for that just for Warlord. I think we could possibly get Warlord himself in DCUC, but I kind of doubt we could even hope for a 5-pack with Warlord, Machiste, Deimos, Shakira, and Jennifer Morgan. But I would really really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yes. Yes! YES! A thousand times, YES!! But...they said they will not use the MOTUC bucks for anything but MOTUC. They could try for a new buck that's between the two, but I don't think they will spend the money for that just for Warlord. I think we could possibly get Warlord himself in DCUC, but I kind of doubt we could even hope for a 5-pack with Warlord, Machiste, Deimos, Shakira, and Jennifer Morgan. But I would really really like that.
    I would be down for a set of that as well, I liked how Warlord and Deimos were done in JLU
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'd be okay for basic DCUC bodies for a Warlord release. Besides a little difference of height, one difference I'd like to see is for the female characters to be a bit more muscular like their sister brand. I got the DCUC Star Sapphire on the same self as BG Teela, and she looks like a stick compared to the resident warrior goddess (though I guess it fits since she's a aircraft business owner with a magic ring while the other is a warrior since birth) But don't get me started on DCUC Starfire and to a lessor degree, Wonder Woman.

BTW all the Warlord love makes me happy.
    Last edited by King Gilskull; June 29, 2011 at 10:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_2547.jpg

Batman Legacy Wave 2!!!

Batman w/ Bat Mite
    Batgirl
    Catman
    I really like the Batman but I wish it had the yellow/black oval Batman symbol on his chest instead of the all black bat. Then it would be the ultimate Super Friends Batman.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I really like the Batman but I wish it had the yellow/black oval Batman symbol on his chest instead of the all black bat. Then it would be the ultimate Super Friends Batman.
    Wait for the inevitable 5pack repaint.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I like to think of it as Brave and the Bold Batman, DCUC style. All I need now is a smiling bearded Aquaman with a voice chip that sings this following song, then I'm all set.
    Please embed youtube videos per forum rules. Thanks

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    BTW, King Gilskull, welcome to the boards.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Oh my goodness!!!!! I MUST HAVE CATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed completely. Catman!

I just wish these toys weren't so hard to find.
    And so prolific/expensive.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Agreed completely. Catman!

I just wish these toys weren't so hard to find.
    And so prolific/expensive.
    Wait, is the Catman wave out already? I've been checking Entertainment Earth for a while now but it hasn't been listed.

Wait, is the Catman wave out already? I've been checking Entertainment Earth for a while now but it hasn't been listed.
    No, it isn't. Sorry.

I was referring to DCUC figures in general with my gripe about cost and availability.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    No, it isn't. Sorry.

I was referring to DCUC figures in general with my gripe about cost and availability.
    Oh yeah, the cost is awful. They've been pretty easy to get online, but you have to want (and be ready to buy) everything.

Here are some TERRIBLE blurry as all get-out pics I took of my Super Friends wave with my iPhone.

I still need Bizarro and Scarecrow. I keep hoping they issue them in this line, but I may end up biting the bullet and buying the old versions.

This is a mash-up team up with the Super Friends (I don't have Plastic Man), Super Powers (I accidentally left Golden Pharaoh out) and Black Canary and Zatanna who I felt SHOULD have been in the Super Powers collection but their gender made them ineligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    BTW, King Gilskull, welcome to the boards.
    Thank you very much, it's good to be here.

I saw that Mattel is releasing DCUC Super Powers stands this month on Mattycollector.

"DCU Super Power Stands: Created just for 6" figures, the set includes 12 stands, each with an all-new Super Powers logo. Compatible with most 6” figures; may not work with some."

Are these the same stands that came with Desaad, Cyclotron, Tyr, Golden Pharoh, etc.? Anyone know how much these are going to cost?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I saw that Mattel is releasing DCUC Super Powers stands this month on Mattycollector.

"DCU Super Power Stands: Created just for 6" figures, the set includes 12 stands, each with an all-new Super Powers logo. Compatible with most 6” figures; may not work with some."

Are these the same stands that came with Desaad, Cyclotron, Tyr, Golden Pharoh, etc.? Anyone know how much these are going to cost?
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.232831000

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not even two weeks have gone by and Wave 18 has already arrived. I have mixed thoughts on this wave because three of the characters I can care less about since I am not a Super Friends fan while the others are pretty nice. However, I am a completionist, so my thoughts on the characters themselves matter not.

El Dorado - The figure sculpt is pretty much what we are used to with a new head sculpt and armor. The details in the armor is pretty cool with the Aztec symbols and stuff, making him have something different from other characters. Unfortunately, outside of that, this figure is very bland. The coloring is good but his left leg is extremely loose, making it hard for him to stand on his own. Overall, I give the figure a 3/5. He is just way too boring and has absolutely no accessories.

Samurai - Like El Dorado, Samurai is kind of bland, but his face sculpt is very nice. The orange and green do not work for me though, but that isn't Mattel's fault. However, it does not mean I could not wish it had been white and orange instead. Anyway, he comes with just a sword and it only goes into his left hand, which is a bummer because I prefer swords in right hands. Overall though, I'm going to give the figure a 3.5/5 because of the head sculpt and paint job.

Black Vulcan - He kind of reminds me of a huma version of Elec Man fro Mega Man. The black and yellow work so well, but then they ruin it with tights instead of pants. His skin tone legs just do not fit with the rest of the costume and really detract from its flow. The head is nice though, but really, he just looks like Black Lightning in a speedo wearing a cowl. I'm giving him a 4/5, but they really should have just kept his legs all black as that would hav elooke dnice with the yellow boots.

Apache Chief - To finish out the Super Friends stuff, we have Apache Chief. While I am not a fan of SF, this figure is pretty cool. At first I thought he had Bane's body, but that is not the case, so it might be Atom Smasher's. Either way though, the figure is actually quite nice. Sad thing is though, he is just slight taller than Anti-Monitor by about a CM. With that said, the sculpt itself is really nice and the colors are very earthly. He truly looks like a native american, which brings a nice diversity to the norm. It is juts too bad he is too tall to be placed with Jonah Hex, otherwise that would be an interesting combiation. Overall I give him a 5/5 because there is nothing to complain about.

Captain Boomerang - This is an extremely cool figure. The details are well done, the coat and scarf are full of folds, and the scarf can even be moved around his neck if you wanted to do so. He does have double jointed arms and legs, and while the arms work due to his specialty, the legs do not. It also does not help that the lower knee hinges on both legs are loose, making it hard to keep him posed in cool positions. The face is well done despite it looking like Seth Green, but it is the boomerang itself that gets me. The thing is made out of extremely cheap rubber, and I mean cheap. The thing cannot stay in his hand due to how soft it is, not to mention the portion he holds in his hand is the package caused it to be curly like a pig's tail. This is not cool in my book. In fact, he should have had at least two boomerangs so you could have one in each hand. Mattel dropped the ball with this guy, wich is a shame because he is such a great looking figure. I'm giving him a 4/5 because it is the little things that bring him down.

Bronze Tiger - It is so nice to finally have a member of the League of Shadows. Yes, he is more known for his stunts in the Suicide Squad and Justice League International, but I know him from Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil's Ras'al Ghul masterpieces. Nevertheless, this figure is just roaring with awesome. Both of his faces are done incredibly and he looks great with either head on. He has a multitude of weapons to choose from, which I do not recall seeing since Deathstroke, and the paint job is top notch. The colors just work so well together that there is nothing to complain about here. I'm giving him a definite 5/5 for being perfect. I just hope Mattel will finally give us his master in Wave 20 or the next Batman Legacy wave.

Toyman - Toyman has always been an interesting character to me, because I have no idea if he is supposed to be a human or not. I've seen him portrayed as a human with really long arms and legs, then I've seen him portrayed with the same costume but as a puppet. I have a DC card where he kind of looks like Penguin but without the long nose, and then of course you have him in both Superman TAS where he was a child doll, Sueprman vs Doomsday as some really whacked out psychopath pedophile, and lastly, as a child scientist in Publice Enemies. Nevertheless, the figure is a great sculpt, but they failed in one aspect, his knees. The double joints on the arms work well, but it seems like they switched his and Captain Boomerang's legs as CB had double joints but Toyman does not. What gives? The double joints would have been perfect here. That is his only failing. The explosive top and razor bad yoyo are a nice touch of accessories though, but how about an exploding teddy bear too. :-) I give Toyman a 4.5/5 because the lack of double joints in the legs just hurts the sculpt for me.

Overall, a decent wave with some great figures in it. I also need to state that outside of the loose joints on the characters, THERE ARE NO OTHER QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES! That has not been the case since Wave 13, so it is nice to see some good QC again. If you like these characters, you should definitely pick them up online as at this point, I doubt we are ever going to see this wave in stores anymore.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I kind of have the opposite reaction that you did, Dr Kain. Black Vulcan's bare legs and all, the Super Friends all look very faithful to their cartoon depictions. Yes, there were a few episodes where Black Vulcan had black tights instead of bare legs, but those were only a couple of appearances, versus the entire Challenge season, which is where most people remember him from. I actually like these representations better than The Wonder Twins, who looked kind of demonic.

I hate Captain Boomerang and won't be displaying him at all. I mistakenly thought this was his son, the newer Captain Boomerang, then started reading his card back and it was the original's origin. At first I thought they'd made a mistake but then realized this WAS the original Captain B, but the way he looks today, not the Silver Age costume, I would have preferred. Bronze Tiger is a nice figure and I prefer the Tiger head, but I'm not doing a Suicide Squad display, so like Boomerang, he's not getting displayed.

I don't own any of the DCUC figures (although I've almost bought the Metal Men to make a cool display) as I'm trying to stick with just collecting one toy line.

But that Bronze Tiger (combined with the awesome Deadshot figure) would be the start of an excellent Suicide Squad display. Although I suppose the odds of getting most of the original members made is pretty slim.