Page 121 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 5203

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not even 20%? How many subs are needed in order to hit 100%? It sounds like they are asking the impossible. Well, I guess we aren't going to get Jay, but I'm sure Atrocitus is a go no matter what since he is going to be in the new universe.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Dove appears to be a new buck! She looks sturdier and has clenched fists.

I went ahead and bought the sub and hope enough people will to ensure these figures get made. Who DOESN'T want Jay Garrick?! Starman is... fine. I wasn't dying for him, but he goes along with the rest of the JSA. Attrocitus I don't want at all, so I'll get rid of him. IF these happen. I really hope fans invest. In case anyone wasn't clear, if they don't sell enough subscriptions, these figures won't happen at all.

Guys I have a question, I'm wanting to join the DC Infinite Universe club. It says that I will pre-authorized a total of $45 and then charged $20. Does this mean I need $65 in my account that will be on hold (Assuming the club goes thru) or does the $20 come out of the $45 Pre-authorization?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I guess if Metron wins, he will look like what the 4H just posted on their site:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Until they fix the price on MOTUC Club Eternia and add in the 4 variants that are missing, I'm not placing my order for any of the subs(unless we get to the deadline, but how dumb of Mattel to let that slip). I imagine many others are also not committing to any subs for the same reason, which is probably why the IE club isn't getting very high.

Um, why does it matter? It isn't like you get charged for those variants right now anway. They already told us what is in the sub, so I don't see the reason for holding off if you have the money.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I ordered both subs. Basically, after a few things end for me this year (just bought the last Star Wars figure I wanted - Superhero Squad is pretty much kaput, JLU is ending, and there are only 2-3 more Joes or TFs I want), then these will be basically all I buy. So the MOTUC and DCUC subs make perfect sense for someone like me.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    or does the $20 come out of the $45 Pre-authorization?
    I believe it works that way but it's $30 not $20. They tell you that because if you use a debit card, it's like you're actually charged $45, but after a few days the $15 just magically reappears.

I hope the thermometer just isn't up to date, because if it is, DCUC is over and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I believe it works that way but it's $30 not $20. They tell you that because if you use a debit card, it's like you're actually charged $45, but after a few days the $15 just magically reappears.

I hope the thermometer just isn't up to date, because if it is, DCUC is over and done.
    Could be many people just haven't ordered yet for whatever reason, it's only been up two and half days at this point. For example I know at least around here this is a fairly big vacation weekend.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 24, 2011 at 02:34pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I bit the bullet and bought the subscription today- Im hoping that it will go ahead,

For anyone still on the fence here is a good piece about why the subscription is a good idea from Itsalltrue.net:

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=13705

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Is the DC sub dead? I'm not getting it, but I was curious how the termometer was doing.

When I go to Matty, its no longer on the main page - the block next to Club Eternia is just blank. And when you click on 2012 subs, it only shows the other 3.

There is still a text link to it and it looks like you can order, but its pretty much disappeared otherwise.

It was on the main page when I checked just now, still under 20%.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Um, why does it matter? It isn't like you get charged for those variants right now anway. They already told us what is in the sub, so I don't see the reason for holding off if you have the money.
    It's not about the money, it's about knowing if the variants will still be in the sub or not. It's been a known problem for long enough now that there should be an official answer. That's why it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    It was on the main page when I checked just now, still under 20%.
    Weird. Its still not there for me.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Weird. Its still not there for me.
    It shows for me:

It LOOKS like it's at 20%, but I'm guessing the file name (DCU_sub_2012_buy_19.jpg) indicates it's at 19%.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I picked up Swamp Thing today at my local "We Gouge Our Prices" shop and he is pretty awesome. He is definitely worth the $60 I paid (unfortunately, they sold out of Marlena and had no Voltrons) for him, but that does not mean he is absolutely perfect. My minor complaint is that the new skin feels like it is only going to last a few years before it falls apart and he cannot twist his waist and stuff due to the skin. Other than that, this figure is just down right amazing. He is tall, has a great looking base, the UnMen, although weird, are pretty cool, and the details are just down right impressive. I definitely give him an A and this is the greatest Swamp Thing figure ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It's not about the money, it's about knowing if the variants will still be in the sub or not. It's been a known problem for long enough now that there should be an official answer. That's why it matters.
    They told us at SDCC that they sub included the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It shows for me:
    I just tried with Firefox and it was there. For some reason its totally gone when I use Chrome.

As much as I love Atrocitus, Ill take my chances. Im not signing up for a sub where all i collect are the lantern corps. Course if the sub figure was revealed and not chosen and was black lantern swamp thing, i wouldve thrown down.

We don't need Black Lantern Swamp Thing when we just got Swamp Thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Is the DC sub dead? I'm not getting it, but I was curious how the termometer was doing.

When I go to Matty, its no longer on the main page - the block next to Club Eternia is just blank. And when you click on 2012 subs, it only shows the other 3.

There is still a text link to it and it looks like you can order, but its pretty much disappeared otherwise.
    Its still there but its barely registering, it could be 10% or it could be 20%

Either way the subs usually end in a week, not very impressive if people are wanting a DC sub
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They told us at SDCC that they sub included the variants.
    I can't tell if you don't know about this or if you're being obtuse (no offense, don't shawshank me for that term!), but the site doesn't include them in the price breakdown and quotes the wrong total in the subscription agreement. That bothers me, I don't know why it wouldn't bother anyone wanting the sub. They could have said at the panel that there'd be a giant painted lady included with the sub, that doesn't supersede the actual agreement in print and pixels. I fear getting the sub as it is and then finding out the variants were dropped because a typo. If it's no big deal, why is not corrected yet? If you don't think that's a legitimate concern, why not?

If we get to the deadline with still no comment from Mattel, I'll take my chances with a sub, so it's not like the DC sub is threatened by my caution or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Either way the subs usually end in a week, not very impressive if people are wanting a DC sub
    Yeah, and based on how meh some people seem to be about the MOTUC sub total issue, that probably isn't a factor in the low turn out. I wonder how many subs would equal 100 compared to how many MOTUC subs are sold usually. I'm more of a completionist, but even I am only interested in Atrocitus and Metron from the characters suggested so far.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 29, 2011 at 02:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    As much as I love Atrocitus, Ill take my chances. Im not signing up for a sub where all i collect are the lantern corps. Course if the sub figure was revealed and not chosen and was black lantern swamp thing, i wouldve thrown down.
    You can TOTALLY have my Atrocitus! Well, except it doesn't look like it's happening now, unless that thermometer is just totally wrong or not updated. it looks like DCUC is dead. Long live the DCnU line. (Except not!)

I still say their BIG problem with this wave is:

A. Not having a DEFINITE figure as an exclsive. I know many people that don't want to sign up because they WANT metron but DON'T want Shaggy Man.

B. Didn't show enough figures. They should have shown AT LEAST 1 of the larger figures so people know what kind of figure they would get for 30.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I really, really want this sub to happen but I'm only one man buying two subs so I don't think I'm going to make a difference. I will be bummed if this gets nixed because I really wanted some awesome oversize figures and was hoping for Metron w/ his chair to be the exclusive item.

I suspect Atrocitus and Jay could get released somehow even if the sub doesn't go forward, but I think Starman looked lame and Metron in his chair should have been shown too and not a ringer in a vote full of lame-os (imo, I'm sure they have their fans though).

On the plus side, they don't appear to be updating their site much at all (ahem), so the thermometer may not be live.