Page 124 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

  1. #3076
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,679
    There's a 24% of subs sold and TNI says that Poison Ivy has been included in the sub:

    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=17542

    Still, if these figures are going to be sold at Matty, there's no point in getting the sub.

    Exclusive list does not seem very appealing either except Metron, but IMHO, I think they should have posted something like Doomsday or Batmobile or Brianiac skull ship.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  2. #3077
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    There's a 24% of subs sold and TNI says that Poison Ivy has been included in the sub:

    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=17542

    Still, if these figures are going to be sold at Matty, there's no point in getting the sub.
    If fans don't buy the sub, then those figures won't appear on Mattycollector.com. Mattel threatened to not make Poison Ivy available any other way.

    I'd love to see them try it! Other than Ra's, Talia, Black Mask and Red Hood, Ivy is the last big name that they have to use.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  3. #3078
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    I doubt it's been announced, but the DC sub is now at 26%. The name of the picture gives it away. Also, the bar looks a tad higher.

    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  4. #3079
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If fans don't buy the sub, then those figures won't appear on Mattycollector.com. Mattel threatened to not make Poison Ivy available any other way.

    I'd love to see them try it! Other than Ra's, Talia, Black Mask and Red Hood, Ivy is the last big name that they have to use.
    It has been said that they won't continue at retail, but actually Matty site will be the place were they "would" (in the most conditional way) continue DCUC after wave 20, in a similar sort of way that they have done it with JLU.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but understood that.

    Still, they handle DC horribly at Matty site.
    I wished that they have sold figures like JLU Gray Ghost, which is extremely obscure but every BTAS fan would love to have it.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  5. #3080
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    if they really want to sell dcuc subs, they should include the giganta CnC pieces that came with gg.

  6. #3081
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    It has been said that they won't continue at retail, but actually Matty site will be the place were they "would" (in the most conditional way) continue DCUC after wave 20, in a similar sort of way that they have done it with JLU.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but understood that.

    Still, they handle DC horribly at Matty site.
    I wished that they have sold figures like JLU Gray Ghost, which is extremely obscure but every BTAS fan would love to have it.
    IF they don't have enough subs the line dies. Some of the currently shown figures might appear in a few years in the new retail line. Reading between the lines, DC has the next year or so planned out for what they want released and Mattel will either sneak in what they can when they can or the few years down the line statement is one of another change will happen around then.

    I think people need to remember, Mattel isn't the one who is always calling the shots on this. This started off as a Batman line, then DC let them have rights to Superman so it became DC Superhero, but that was all they let them do at the time because they didn't want DC Direct to be in competition with this line. When they saw the line did well enough and was a mass retail line the opened up the licensing to all DC (not including sub like wildstorm etc). From my understanding every character they have had to either get permission from DC or be told to make the figure.

    They change to themed waves, and this year being heavy on Green Lantern was most likely a DC decision not Mattel.

    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    if they really want to sell dcuc subs, they should include the giganta CnC pieces that came with gg.
    I think they should add in some previous CnC figures solo, and add in some previous figures that were hard to come by, maybe a variation of one like Perez Zatanna. Add in those listed already and drop in 2 of these Huntress, Ras, Saint Walker, Larfleeze, retooled Kid Flash or Impulse. Come out with a list like that and I think more people will jump in.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 2, 2011 at 01:54pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  7. #3082
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    found batman legacy wave 1 at tru today. i snagged myself a mr freeze since i never got him in dcsh form. i'm trying to cut down on purchases so i passed on joker. i'm waiting for that 2 pack with black suit joker and harley.

    i didnt like the face sculpt on the batman so i passed on him too.

    i also saw the young justice robin and artemis (dcuc scale). they were 24.99 each so i passed. didn't really like robins face and i dont really care about artemis.

  8. #3083
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    Are the Arkham two packs at retail yet?

  9. #3084
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    Wow, its sounds like I'm in the minority here. G.I. Joe and DC are my favorite things (Unless Highlander Gets a Detailed toy line). I will take any obscure character, Like all I have some top wants, *Cough* Ragdoll *Cough*, but the idea of a subscription surprise actually sits very well with me. In the past year I have only seen on pegs were the Darkseid and Bane waves, If the figures were fan demands Ive had to pay a premium on ebay to get them, well more than the $23 It will cost for a club figure. And the thought of just being able to outright own a CnC size figure for under $40 makes me quite giddy.
    I've already subscribed and now all I can do is sit here and hold my breath that more will join, I mean most of you took a stab at a mostly blind first year sub on MOTU, hopefully comics fan can put the same faith in this.
    Yeah, me too.

  10. #3085
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,011
    I echo the annoyance and confusion about the LoSH set still not out. I didn't notice a release date for it at SDCC either, did one slip in between all the other announcements?

    I also still haven't seen Batman Legacy wave 2 even online. I want Batgirl and Catman dangit! I'm not convinced they wouldn't offer Poison Ivy in a Batman line after 2012 too, but I hate knowing she's that far away.

    I no longer believe they're going to amend the sub info so I went and bought mine, but I doubt most others who are waiting will do the same. And yeah, this makes me dubious about buying a $200 LoSH set too.

  11. #3086
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Are the Arkham two packs at retail yet?
    I saw Batman and Two-Face at Target on Saturday.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  12. #3087
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I think they would have if they had more time to plan for it.
    More time? It was their own friggin panel. They have plenty of time to talk. Instead of spending 16 minutes to rush out everything and take 25 minutes of questions, it should be 45 minutes of reveals and 15 minutes of questions.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  13. #3088
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I also still haven't seen Batman Legacy wave 2 even online. I want Batgirl and Catman dangit! I'm not convinced they wouldn't offer Poison Ivy in a Batman line after 2012 too, but I hate knowing she's that far away.
    Did you check K-Mart? I found 'em there three days ago.
    Picked up Batman and Catman, but left Batgirl on the shelf.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  14. #3089
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    More time? It was their own friggin panel. They have plenty of time to talk. Instead of spending 16 minutes to rush out everything and take 25 minutes of questions, it should be 45 minutes of reveals and 15 minutes of questions.
    I think he meant more time to plan the DCU sub out, you can't talk about what you have not thought through

    I still am confused why some people are not getting that this is not a long term decision, this is a oh **** what do we do know fly by the seat of our pants and make it up as we go along situation
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  15. #3090
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    More time? It was their own friggin panel. They have plenty of time to talk. Instead of spending 16 minutes to rush out everything and take 25 minutes of questions, it should be 45 minutes of reveals and 15 minutes of questions.
    Mattel should have BEEN announced that the line was ending and that the sub was the only way to save it. After traveling to Comic-Con and buying various online expensive exclusives, some fans aren't too keen on suddenly having to spend $300 to get Poison Ivy.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  16. #3091
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think he meant more time to plan the DCU sub out, you can't talk about what you have not thought through

    I still am confused why some people are not getting that this is not a long term decision, this is a oh **** what do we do know fly by the seat of our pants and make it up as we go along situation
    Exactly, and neither Mattel nor DC will admit that is what happened. Well DC might but extremely unlikely.

    Action figure lines take more than a month even two to prepare for. The whole DC rebranding thing is coming off very forced into a short period of time. Sure the guys in charge have been planning it for some time but it has sounded like they have dumped everything into everyone else's lap last minute. Stripes CnC only looks like it does because those at DC told Mattel to design him that way. Mattel most likely at the time thought it was a new version of the character. Well it is and then some.

    Then most likely a 4-6 weeks before Comic Con Mattel is told they new way they are going to handle the license. At this point Mattel is scrambling to get stuff together, and like I said it takes more than a month or two to plan something like that out. This is why the information is/was all jumbled, and contradictory. Mattel is known for making mistakes but this doesn't sound like a typical Mattel blunder.

    Or to put it another way, you can't have a 20 minute showing on something you have had two meetings on one 10 minutes before the panel and the other 2 weeks before the panel.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 2, 2011 at 08:03pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  17. #3092
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Mattel should have BEEN announced that the line was ending and that the sub was the only way to save it. After traveling to Comic-Con and buying various online expensive exclusives, some fans aren't too keen on suddenly having to spend $300 to get Poison Ivy.
    if all you want is poison ivy and you are considering getting the sub just for her, one might as well hire a customizer. the cost would probably be under $100 (based on the customs i've seen for sale on ebay).

  18. #3093
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,694
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Or to put it another way, you can't have a 20 minute showing on something you have had two meetings on one 10 minutes before the panel and the other 2 weeks before the panel.
    EXACTLY, thank you for getting out what I was trying to say
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  19. #3094
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,349
    Got my Wave 18 set tonight, (still waiting for Wave 17 to show up around here) and honestly, the quality hasn't been this good in quite a while.

    So glad to finally have a complete LOD & near complete Super Friends! (Though I still want a better non-lantern Scarecrow & a skinnier Riddler)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  20. #3095
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Did you check K-Mart? I found 'em there three days ago.
    Picked up Batman and Catman, but left Batgirl on the shelf.
    It depends, my K-Mart has everything on clearance, thus, I am never going to find Wave 2 there as they seem to be going out of business.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  21. #3096
    Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,114
    Kmart has the best prices around for DCUC $12.99. I am going to stop today and check.

  22. #3097
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    …i passed on joker. i'm waiting for that 2 pack with black suit joker and harley.

    i didnt like the face sculpt on the batman so i passed on him too…
    If I hadn’t managed to find the All-Star version of the wave 10 Joker then I might have picked this Joker up. But the wave 10 Joker is my definitive Joker.

    Is that face on Batman the same one from the Sinestro Corps Batman? I thought that DCSH and DCUC had different sized neck pegs. If this Batman has the standard DCUC sized neck peg then I may pick him up and slap another DCUC Batman head on him.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Are the Arkham two packs at retail yet?
    I saw the Batman/Two Face pack at Target.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  23. #3098
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,171
    What? Catman is out already???? MUST. HAVE!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  24. #3099
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It depends, my K-Mart has everything on clearance, thus, I am never going to find Wave 2 there as they seem to be going out of business.
    Yeah, about half the toy aisles appeared to be on clearance when I was there...
    But wave two was still on the pegs. Mind you, just one of each.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  25. #3100
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

    Is that face on Batman the same one from the Sinestro Corps Batman? I thought that DCSH and DCUC had different sized neck pegs. If this Batman has the standard DCUC sized neck peg then I may pick him up and slap another DCUC Batman head on him.
    i don't know if it's exactly the same. i skipped on that batman too. it is the same expression though.

    and the buck doesn't look quite like the original black/grey dcsh batman. he has the cool belt, but it looks slightly different. i dunno. i didn't get it so i couldn't compare side by side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •