Page 128 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 5267

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Movie mayhem!
    Yea I agree... I kinda think they should just reveal the names of the final characters and let the reveals of what they look like in figure form be the fun thing later. At least this first year.

Hey Gbagok, I'll let that Starman hate slide this once............

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Speaking as someone who isn't going to buy a sub, money is just plain too tight in this economy to drop another $255 for a line I'll probably only want half of. With MOTUC, there are only 2 characters I really don't want (Rio Blast and Ram Man), so the vast majority of the purchases are worth it. DC, however, has a lot of goofy characters and characters I've never even heard of. For example ... does anyone really want a figure of Katanna from the original Outsiders roster? A hero with an unsightly costume whose only power is her ability to wield a sword? I have plenty of sword-wielding hero figures, thank you, and all of them look cooler than that superhero. In another example, I had never even heard of the Bronze Tiger because I've never had the opportunity to sample the classic Suicide Squad (no TPBs of it, unfortunately). I can think of a lot better places to put my very limited money than into those two characters. So cherry-picking is an absolute essential for those of us strapped for cash. I've never read the JSA run with that Starman, so I know I'll be wasting at least $20 if I buy the sub, probably more since I have most of the DC characters I enjoy in figure form. There's only about 20 characters left that I want, truth be told (most of them Green Lantern Corps members), and I doubt Mattel's line-up will match with my dream one. Add to that the death of my enthusiasm for the line due to the inexcusably poor quality control over the past few waves, and you have a recipe for many of us choosing to instead put our money into Thundercats Classics or upcoming Transformers Generations figures.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Speaking as someone who isn't going to buy a sub, money is just plain too tight in this economy to drop another $255 for a line I'll probably only want half of. With MOTUC, there are only 2 characters I really don't want (Rio Blast and Ram Man), so the vast majority of the purchases are worth it. DC, however, has a lot of goofy characters and characters I've never even heard of. For example ... does anyone really want a figure of Katanna from the original Outsiders roster? A hero with an unsightly costume whose only power is her ability to wield a sword? I have plenty of sword-wielding hero figures, thank you, and all of them look cooler than that superhero. In another example, I had never even heard of the Bronze Tiger because I've never had the opportunity to sample the classic Suicide Squad (no TPBs of it, unfortunately). I can think of a lot better places to put my very limited money than into those two characters. So cherry-picking is an absolute essential for those of us strapped for cash. I've never read the JSA run with that Starman, so I know I'll be wasting at least $20 if I buy the sub, probably more since I have most of the DC characters I enjoy in figure form. There's only about 20 characters left that I want, truth be told (most of them Green Lantern Corps members), and I doubt Mattel's line-up will match with my dream one. Add to that the death of my enthusiasm for the line due to the inexcusably poor quality control over the past few waves, and you have a recipe for many of us choosing to instead put our money into Thundercats Classics or upcoming Transformers Generations figures.
    But, I want a Katana...

I also want Soranik Natu and Arisia.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I want Katana, and i'm only know familiar with the character thanks to the Brave and the Bold cartoon.

I'd like figures of Doc Magnus and Doctor Sivana too, but they have even less chance of getting made.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'd take Katana - I have all the original issues of Outsiders. I'd take that whole team, actually (well, never really cared for Looker, but you get the drift.)

I sympathize that Mattel didn't have a lot of warning or say over this change, but even still, they could have handled this better. But they're applying MOTU logic to the DC brand, and playing the coy little "it's a secret" game, and I think it's going to burn them on this...which of course really only burns the fans who want the figures.

Personally, I'd rather see Mattel just offer an online wave - Ivy, Starman, Flash, Atrocitus, two others and Metron, or whomever, and if that sells well enough, get people to blind-preorder the next wave, so at least that way we get something.

I'm at the point where, though I'm willing to buy any new character, there's only a small number I actively WANT - so I totally get where people are coming from for not wanting to commit to a whole year sight unseen.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I haven't read the whole thread, so this might have already been discussed about (sorry about that). But I don't understand why wouldn't Mattel just publish the most fan wanted characters without a subcription-system (like Poison Ivy or Katana) on Mattycollector? If the first MOTUC figures were profitable without a sub, why couldn't they do the same with the remaining DCUC fan favorites?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, so this might have already been discussed about (sorry about that). But I don't understand why wouldn't Mattel just publish the most fan wanted characters without a subcription-system (like Poison Ivy or Katana) on Mattycollector? If the first MOTUC figures were profitable without a sub, why couldn't they do the same with the remaining DCUC fan favorites?
    Because DCUC is notorious for cherry pickers when the items go online at Matty, they have to be able to guarantee the production numbers or else they will be stuck with the stock and take a loss.

The first MOTUC figures were profitable because they sold out every time, they did 6 then decided to do more then a half sub then a full sub

DC's license most likely does not allow them to just say "we will do 3 characters and see how it goes", its either a one shot sub where they can guarantee a production number and pay the licensee or its nothing at all. The past 2 years of DCUC and JLU on Matty were to prove to them that the fans would support online sales, that failed horribly as JLU crashed and burned and DCUC did not do much better. Had they sold out everything the same way MOTUC we would not even be entertaining any of this debacle.

MOTUC they can do what they want with because they own the characters, they own the rights. A lot of people are forgetting they own nothing for DC, its all licensed = completely different set of rules legally and financially. Each licensee has their say and I am guessing helps subsidize things (aka helps pay the cost)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I would love to see Katana and Lady Shiva
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Thanks for the explanation, markatisu! I can see the license-part making things more complicated for Mattel.

I'm feeling that DCUC has run it's course and there's no point in trying to bring more age to the line. I could see Mattel selling a sub that consists of the most wanted characters that haven't been released yet, but with the lesser known characters included I can definately understand fans not jumping in with the sub.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I only want Jay Garrick. It's not practical for me to sign up for a $200+ subscription to get only one figure that I want.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I only want Jay Garrick. It's not practical for me to sign up for a $200+ subscription to get only one figure that I want.
    I want that figure too. Jay's my favorite Flash. Have you seen the 13" figure of him. I own it, and it is SWEET.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    I want that figure too. Jay's my favorite Flash. Have you seen the 13" figure of him. I own it, and it is SWEET.
    I haven't seen the 13 inch figure of him. If the subscription was just the 9 regular figures, I'd probably bite the bullet and get the other 8 just for the Jay Garrick, but because it includes all the expensive larger figures, it's just not worth it to me.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I haven't seen the 13 inch figure of him. If the subscription was just the 9 regular figures, I'd probably bite the bullet and get the other 8 just for the Jay Garrick, but because it includes all the expensive larger figures, it's just not worth it to me.
    I agree on all counts!

Here's a shot of the larger jay figure. He's amazing: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/g...8337763-35.php
    I want to smurf your smurf.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Then go buy the DCD one.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Then go buy the DCD one.
    DCD aren't compatible with DCUC. They're too tall and shiny and don't have the articulation. I dropped DCD when I started with DCUC.

Add me to the list of Katanna supporters, but there again we see the problem of cherry picking. One fan has no interest, one would kill for one. I'm not interested in Atrocitus, but a bunch of others, out of the characters revealed, ONLY want Atrocitus. I bought the sub because regardless, I NEED certain figures in my collection and this is the ONLY way I can get them. I can unload the ones I don't want, but should the sub not happen, I won't in any way, be able to add Jay Garrick, etc. to my collection. I wish more people would look at it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    DCD aren't compatible with DCUC. They're too tall and shiny and don't have the articulation. I dropped DCD when I started with DCUC.

Add me to the list of Katanna supporters, but there again we see the problem of cherry picking. One fan has no interest, one would kill for one. I'm not interested in Atrocitus, but a bunch of others, out of the characters revealed, ONLY want Atrocitus. I bought the sub because regardless, I NEED certain figures in my collection and this is the ONLY way I can get them. I can unload the ones I don't want, but should the sub not happen, I won't in any way, be able to add Jay Garrick, etc. to my collection. I wish more people would look at it that way.
    Personally I just don't want to deal with dumping figures I don't want. Add to that there are figures that were released I wanted/needed for my collection that I never saw and don't have. And it seems most people I come across opened it for the CnC piece and I am a on card collector.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well I would rather have a DCD one than no version at all.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Well I would rather have a DCD one than no version at all.
    I guess, if you just want any action figure of a character, but they're two different lines that are incompatible. I have a bunch of DCD figures like Vixen, Dr. Light, Fire & Ice and Batwoman, and I'm glad I have them and that they were made, but I still want DCUC versions, because DCUC are the figures I actually have on display.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I guess, if you just want any action figure of a character, but they're two different lines that are incompatible. I have a bunch of DCD figures like Vixen, Dr. Light, Fire & Ice and Batwoman, and I'm glad I have them and that they were made, but I still want DCUC versions, because DCUC are the figures I actually have on display.
    One thing, though - as DCD went on, they changed the scale on the figures, so all of the ones you mentioned are in the newer scale, and are both taller and shinier than the average DCUC.

Some of the older ones aren't so bad - so I have Elongated Man, Phantom Stranger, Jay Garrick, Dr. Sivana, Hush, Ra's al Ghul and so forth on display with my DCUC, and many of them blend in just fine.

You're right about the articulation, and if you're really looking closely at some of them you can see they don't all match up, but to tell the truth as long as they display "ok" I'd rather have them than nothing. I largely stopped buying DCD after DCUC came out (except for the Rainbow Corps leaders) and recently sold off all of my older ones, but I'm keeping about twenty DCD figures for characters that I feel I 'need' on my DC display.

Not to say I don't want Mattel to make those characters, but at least the DCD is something. Vixen's not so bad, but I never bothered getting Fire & Ice, realizing how out of place they'd look with DCUC, so I really want Mattel to make them. And while the Hush version of Poison Ivy is the correct height, she's awkwardly posed and doesn't stand right, so she's number one on my wish-list.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Oh, I agree that the DCU versions are nice, but I still want the characters to at least have them. Yes, Poison Ivy is tall as hell, but she still looks great on my Batman rogues shelf. Not to mention Scarecrow and Mad Hatter look fine.

If I had a choice, I would definitely choose DCU over DCD, but that is not the case. In fact, now that I know they aren't ever coming, I plan on buying the DCD figures of Vixen, Earth 2 Robin, Monitor, Harbinger, Alexander Luthor II, Elastic Man, Ras'al Ghul (Trinity version), Birds of Prey 3 pack (for Huntress and Oracle), Jay Garrick (1st Appearance), Hugo Strange, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, Indigo-1, and when it comes out, AC Killer Croc.

Also, I want to get all of the Multi-verse stuff like The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come figures.

The Plot Thickens:

Toyguru
    I'm not sure where fans jumped to the conclusion that all 2012 retail figures would all be part of the new 52? This was never stated. We certainly are looking at these design as cool variants of main characters, but what we have said is that the retail line in 2012 will be more mainstream, meaning it will look a bit more like the DCSH line of 2006 and 2007 in terms of more characters moms and kids know. It does not mean it is exclusive to the new 52 designs of character.

The online club will be (if the club gets enough support) the place for us to do 100% collector aimed characters like team builders, females and characters that do not have as much of a mass appeal. No one place (retail or online) is restrictive to one era or another (although I wouldn't count on seeing new 52 character in the online club in 2012, if they happen it is retail where they could potentially be). It is about how well known a character is, (or how well known WB/DC WANTS a character to be) not what eras he, she or it is from for the retail line in 2012.

Again he calls out "females" like they're some fringe oddball category within DC. Where are these moms and dads that don't or won't buy toys of female super heroes? My caged hyenas are hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Again he calls out "females" like they're some fringe oddball category within DC. Where are these moms and dads that don't or won't buy toys of female super heroes? My caged hyenas are hungry!
    I think they focused on two female figures that seemingly caused problems. Power Girl which was overpacked. And Zatanna who was sent to Walmarts that decided to compensate for not having any product in a year by over stocking on a single wave.

I still don't understand, every male friend I had got the one female figure either to complete their collection, for g-rated sex with the hero, or to play damsel.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Big Barda, Cheetah, Donna Troy, Mary Marvel and Zatanna all pegwarmed after collectors brought them.

Here we go back to shortpacking female characters.