Page 133 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Next week?! That'll be a long-ass time to wait only to hear that the logistics couldn't be worked out. If it does get canceled, I wonder if they'll offer subscribers a discount for buying the LoSH set.
    they are collecting interest on all the money people gave them for as long as possible.

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    they are collecting interest on all the money people gave them for as long as possible.
    The line better continue or I will loose intrest ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Do they honestly think that when they reboot 75 year old characters that fans are just going to go crazy for the DCnU figs? I can guarantee that I will not buy a single one. Do they remember how "well" that idea went for Marvel in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    Do they honestly think that when they reboot 75 year old characters that fans are just going to go crazy for the DCnU figs? I can guarantee that I will not buy a single one. Do they remember how "well" that idea went for Marvel in the 90s?
    That is why the DCnU line is basically going to be the All Star show with Superman and Batman. Apparently they always sell and so thats what people will get
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Latest update on the sub, next week they might have some info. You would think if it was canceled they would just say so and tell you they will work on refunds over the next month or so.
    It's probably because now they have to figure out how they can process refunds. They better do it quick because they had no problem taking the money out of my bank account immediately, so they better put it back immediately.

Mighty, do you really think everyone hates the new universe? I sure don't. I like the idea of having soemthing else be the focus for the next few years. I mean, they brought the Multiverse back, it is about time they use the damn thing.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Latest update on the sub, next week they might have some info. You would think if it was canceled they would just say so and tell you they will work on refunds over the next month or so.
    Honestly, my guess would be that instead of the headache of trying to refund all the subscribers $30, Mattel's deciding on what figure(s) they *WILL* go ahead and produce for the subscribers $30 sign-up fee as a "This is all we are able to give you for signing up". You know they don't want to give back any $$$, let alone the fact that DR is run by a couple of kids from the short bus incapable of handling such a request...

Personally, I'd prefer 2 of the regular 6" figures as opposed to a C&C sized. (Unless it was Doomsday) Gimme Jay & Ivy, and I'll be happy...
    Last edited by Skullface; August 25, 2011 at 04:05pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I have a feeling they are doing number crunching. My guess is the 100% was a safe bet on return with their plan. Now they are figuring with what they got if they can still make it happen or return or lower item per item output, or have fewer unique figures released. Also taking into account how easy it will be do a return, because if it's easy or difficult affects any of the above options.

This isn't something that is decided in a single afternoon.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    Man.... I just want the rest of the Metal Men. They are the only figures I want! (from this line.)
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

I give them credit for trying to keep the obscure figs going. I really do, yes it's a business not a charity, but they are trying hard (albeit very clumsily) to keep making and selling some very cool figures. I've just gotten into collecting from this line, being that Canadian retailers are worse for finding stuff, the line only had my casual interest, I'm focusing on collecting all the black characters at the moment, but it's making me want anyone who looks cool. I want to build apache cheif but I don't want toyman or cpt boomerang.

With the way the line is going, I doubt I'd get any heroes of colour outside of John Stewart and MAYBE steel. (I'm hoping this new direction will give me a 2nd shot at getting Steel. though)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    With the way the line is going, I doubt I'd get any heroes of colour outside of John Stewart and MAYBE steel. (I'm hoping this new direction will give me a 2nd shot at getting Steel. though)
    I highly doubt it. I would imagine they will stick to issuing all new characters that have never been done, rather than re-doing ones that are already out there in one form or another. The only do-overs I would expect are ones like Doomsday in a larger scale, since that's one that so many people want.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Toyguru posted this yesterday:

No, we won't have an update until at min next week. It may be longer. We are exploring every option possible to see if we can make this work and that will take some time. Fans have been very excited for the sub and we want to try and make this work, it is just difficult not hitting the bare min we needed to. We're looking into many scenarios. Thanks for your understanding while we keep exploring.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...117#5991026117
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hmm. Regular DCUC figures reuse a lot of parts already, but I wonder if, to make it doable, they'll have to work with existing parts for the large figures as well. They can probably get a lot out of that Kilowogg buck. It's just a shame they never did CnC Doomsday. I was waiting for that one. Of course maybe they can save him for a Superman tie-in line when that next movie comes out.

They can easily get a Doomsday though. Sure, the knees, head, elbows, and shoulders need to be new, but they can use Kilowog's upper legs, torso, waist, and biceps.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Had to drive out of the norm to find this.

Yes I think I would like to find that Batgirl, now my walmart and Kmart need to get new stuff.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Yes I think I would like to find that Batgirl, now my walmart and Kmart need to get new stuff.
    Man was I shocked , my local super stores never have anything in stock I really have to go out of the way to find anything .

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Man was I shocked , my local super stores never have anything in stock I really have to go out of the way to find anything .
    That is how a few of ours looked yesterday, I wish Kmart would get the 2nd wave of Batman in so I could get the Batmite version of Batman.

I don't collect DCUC at all but that Toyman wave is mighty tempting
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I just find it amusing that the Wal-Mart DC endcaps were supposed to go up the beginning of the month, and most have not seen them until the past week or so.

Mattel even posted last week that they were being taken down soon!

And even funnier that the majority of DCUC figures on the display are Wave 14, and NOT the timed-exclusive Wave 18....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I just find it amusing that the Wal-Mart DC endcaps were supposed to go up the beginning of the month, and most have not seen them until the past week or so.

Mattel even posted last week that they were being taken down soon!

And even funnier that the majority of DCUC figures on the display are Wave 14, and NOT the timed-exclusive Wave 18....
    The ones my closest Walmart received when straight into their clearance section, with full priced clearance stickers.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I haven't seen Wave 17 at retail yet...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I haven't seen Wave 17 at retail yet...
    Me either. I found one Toyman in the clearance isle at Walmart but that is all I have seen since wave 16

So Toyguru said that the Walmart end caps are coming to an end this week, but how is that possible? Doesn't Walmart first have to make an endcap before it can stop one?

Don't you just love your love hate relationship with Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I highly doubt it. I would imagine they will stick to issuing all new characters that have never been done, rather than re-doing ones that are already out there in one form or another. The only do-overs I would expect are ones like Doomsday in a larger scale, since that's one that so many people want.
    yeah I doubt it too, I'm just hoping I'm wrong. they only did one steel and that was prior to DCUC I really want it, I should have got him when I had the chance but I wanted the shiny one, now I just want one!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So Toyguru said that the Walmart end caps are coming to an end this week, but how is that possible? Doesn't Walmart first have to make an endcap before it can stop one?
    Some Walmarts have had them for a month, others still don't so I guess that is Walmart giving the big middle finger to Mattel for all the excess DCUC crap they get stuck with