Page 134 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Some Walmarts have had them for a month, others still don't so I guess that is Walmart giving the big middle finger to Mattel for all the excess DCUC crap they get stuck with
    If my store was the largest employers of methheads I would agree with you. So when I say I was surprised they had them posted here the day or day after it was announced says something.

And yes, ~3 years ago they fired 50% of their employees were fired in a single night of failed drug tests.

I only know it's getting bad again because we get truck Tuesday and new movies can be put out as late as Thursday.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 29, 2011 at 07:38pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The Walmart near me hasn't had any DCUC since January. The only DC toys they have at all are the preschool age group playsets, and Green Lantern Movie crap.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Some Walmarts have had them for a month, others still don't so I guess that is Walmart giving the big middle finger to Mattel for all the excess DCUC crap they get stuck with
    I got to 8 diffrent Walmarts and I can definitely say not a single one has even had anything new for DCU past Wave 15. And some never received anything after 12.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Well thanks to some awesome peeps, who hooked me up with their $5 coupons, I got a Nite Lik and Sinestro Scarecrow today for $16. I also finally found the Imaginext Superman / Krypto pack today so it was a good DC day.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    im Still looking for Captain Boomerang

Batman Legacy Wave 2 is at TRU now

Catman is awesome!

From facebook

Hi DC Universe Club Infinite Earths fans!

We have some good news...the 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program is moving forward! As you know, we did not hit the number of subscribers we were seeking for the club, but we know that there are some very passionate DC Universe fans, so we found a way to make the program work.

Current subscribers will get 6" and oversized figures according to the schedule that was originally communicated at San Diego Comic Con and online. All figures that have been revealed will be part of the subscription program.

In order to make the program work, we needed to raise prices for day-of sales. So if you are NOT a subscriber, you will be paying more for the figures on the day of the sale. The good news for subscribers is that you are locked in at the subscription rates previously advertised.

And the even better news is that we are exploring re-opening the subscription program for a limited window of time. We've heard fans online posting that they wish that they had subscribed, so now you'll get that chance. Be on the lookout for more details and dates next week.

We still have more good news, we are excited to reveal the winning club exclusive figure...Metron! So all of the subscribers will get their very own Metron, along with his Mobius Chair!

All of this good news will hopefully mean a fabulous start to the weekend for all of the DC Universe fans!

-FanGirl 2.0

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

That's very good news for the line.

Its also very shrewd to raise the price on day of purchase sales, and to reopen the subscription so people can take advantage of the price break.

It seems like a solid way of going forward.

Neat. I was wondering what was going on with this.

Congrats, DC fans! While I only own a few figs, I think DCUC is the only line that even comes close to the awesomeness of MOTUC. While I've left comic book stuff behind in my childhood, it was still a big part of my youth so I still check out what all the new figures are. While I'll likely never collect them, I'm very happy for those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

Its also very shrewd to raise the price on day of purchase sales, and to reopen the subscription so people can take advantage of the price break.

And hopefully if they get more subs because of that, might be able to mitigate out some more of the cost.

Glad they figured it wasn't that people didn't want the line, it was more most didn't want a sub.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Glad to hear this, if for no other reason then I'm now guaranteed a Poison Ivy. But it is good news all around. No idea where I'm going to display a Mobius Chair, though!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I wonder how much the price raise is, I can't afford a DCUC sub and an MOTUC sub, I'm also not that familiar with as many DC characters as I am MOTU, but I've gotten into this line (in terms of collecting) and will gladly cherry pick. There are some characters I've recently learned about that I'd love to get as well as some others that I hope come out. I'm considering completing the Apache Chief wave though I'm not that interested in Toyman or Cpt Boomerang.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

My guess would be 5 dollars, 10 dollars at the most. Five dollars can quickly start adding up, but I have no idea of production numbers etc. Also they boost it too high they will have fewer sales.

Oh good! I am very happy it will continue! It was such a sad whimper of a way for it to go. The Horsemen said it isn't really the end of the line, so that would have been comforting, but I really didn't want to see the obscure guys go away or to be stuck with just the new universe versions of only main characters (although I will be eager to see what those toys look like).

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    And hopefully if they get more subs because of that, might be able to mitigate out some more of the cost.

Glad they figured it wasn't that people didn't want the line, it was more most didn't want a sub.
    I have a feeling the higher price for day-of sales is going to happen no matter how many more subs they sell. If there is a benefit, I hope it is in how much tooling we see (as opposed to less tooling because of the low number of subs).

Hum, I feel tempted to subscribe for the sole reason of wanting Metron so badly.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    My guess would be 5 dollars, 10 dollars at the most. Five dollars can quickly start adding up, but I have no idea of production numbers etc. Also they boost it too high they will have fewer sales.
    My guess is $5 for a 6" figure, $10 for an oversized.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

I have to say it is pure genius and they should have n problem getting more subs. Heck, this news, coupled with the fact I can combine shipping on the subs I already have has sold me on another one.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

i snagged Catman today, and almost bought Batgirl and Batman/mite, but stepped back into reality to see that only Catman is the prize here, there are a billion Batman figs, and i already have a Batgirl.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, I am shocked they are still going ahead with it. This makes the thermometer completely pointless though.

Still, I cannot wait to get Metron and Atrocitus. Huntress, Ras, and Granny Goodness better be part of the releases for next year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'm glad they're opening it up again, I may sign up now that Metron is definitely the sub figure. Had no interest in any of the other options.

Is there any kind of release list of the first few figures? I know they've named some figures in a non-specific way, but I want at least the first two or three. I'm only collecting GLC related figures and New Gods figures now, so I want to know how much i'll have to sell off.

I can handle a $5 increase, some comic shops charge that much for dcuc anyway, for some figures at least
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

If it's a $5 increase, I have no problem paying $20 for a Jay Garrick figure. He's the only one that they announced that I wanted.

Now if I can just find a Catman figure...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Glad it went through, but totally bummed Metron is the sub figure. I want him and the chair so bad. But I don't really collect DCU in general (just a few here and there... and I WILL be getting that LOSH pack) but I've always wanted Metron. Anyone order an extra sub and want to hook me up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    If it's a $5 increase, I have no problem paying $20 for a Jay Garrick figure. He's the only one that they announced that I wanted.

Now if I can just find a Catman figure...
    I thought it would be $25! if it's $20 thats even better as it's the price comic shops charge for the bulk of the dcuc figures! awesome!

Fear is faith in failure