Page 143 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Cost + shipping. I only want figures as they appeared circa 1985 and earlier. I got the sub to support the line, hoping I'd get more figures to fill in that line up. Speaking of, anyone want an Atrocitus?
    Oh no, I really hope they make characters at least up into the late 90s. Skyhook would be great and I still want a Kyle Rayner Parallax. I also wish they'd do more variants. Some characters like Zatana and Con-El have looks besides the ones their current figures use that I'd like to get.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I will leave it at this, they went on about wanting characters 'moms' and 'kids' would easily recognize. So we get a two comic characters who haven't had large appearances but have played big roles in some events. Batman Beyond a character from a show that is a decade old. And Plastic Man, who has had some recent appearances on Batman Bold and the Brave but outside of that is probably not largely known outside of comics, despite having a show 30 years ago. If it was Space Armor Superman and not Superboy Prime or Aquatic Assualt Batman not Batman Beyond I think this would fit what you are saying more. Kids tend to eat up variations like that, where as comic fans tend to eat up comic based variations.

In short if you were to ask the moms and kids they said the line was going for about these characters you would likely get a who? or "is that some funky comic version of the character that know only die hard fans know about?"
    Yeah, this line up baffles me based on that earlier reasoning behind changing things up. I honestly think Batman Beyond is due for a come back, but this doesn't seem to be related to such a move. I don't know if I should be encouraged that it's not more of Kenner/Hasbro's endless Batman costume variants, but I this line up isn't even much of a compromise between that and what Classics was. It's really just a little less than half of a normal wave without the Collect and Connect parts and with one re-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They are done with Build a Figures. I agree though, they need to make Blight, Spellbinder, Shriek, Curare, Stalker, and Inque.
    And Max!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

Yeah, this line up baffles me based on that earlier reasoning behind changing things up. I honestly think Batman Beyond is due for a come back, but this doesn't seem to be related to such a move. I don't know if I should be encouraged that it's not more of Kenner/Hasbro's endless Batman costume variants, but I this line up isn't even much of a compromise between that and what Classics was. It's really just a little less than half of a normal wave without the Collect and Connect parts and with one re-issue.

Faker II may have been right in that this a change over wave that was partially planned. But even then, Poison Ivy.

Man my last sentence in what you quoted, I needed to actually stop and read one more time I remember editing it once.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

In case anyone was looking, don't expect the selection to be grand but still its a sale

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    DC Fans, we just heard that Toys R Us has some awesome deals starting tomorrow: DCU vs MOTU 2-packs are $10 off from 11/11-12/10, Young Justice 4" singles are BOGO 50% off 11/11-11/19 and DC Universe 6" figures are $7 off 11/11-11/23!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If anyone missed out on the Super Friends wave, they'll be available on Matty this Tuesday.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    In case anyone was looking, don't expect the selection to be grand but still its a sale
    Too bad no TRU sells the new VS sets yet.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

So I decided to switch out my displayed figures today. Conclusion the new packaging is a pain to store with other toy lines.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Too bad no TRU sells the new VS sets yet.
    They do just not by you, some of the TRU Expresses have gotten them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They do just not by you, some of the TRU Expresses have gotten them
    Sure, if I wanted to pay $40 for each set. Do they have them on sale too? There was one at my local mall last year, but I haven't bothered to check to see if they have it again this year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior

store exclusives?

Went to a toys "r" us today.

Got some DC figures (hadn't planned on it). But the big whoop is that one was marked as a wl-mart exclusive and the other a k-mart exclusive.

WAVE 14 FIGURE 7--GL Alan Scott--Marked as a wal-mart exclusive
    WAVE 15 FIGURE 5--Martian manhunter--Marked as a K-Mart exclusive

Never seen anything like that.

We all could go on and on as to the how's and why's but I'm not.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Went to a toys "r" us today.

Got some DC figures (hadn't planned on it). But the big whoop is that one was marked as a wl-mart exclusive and the other a k-mart exclusive.

WAVE 14 FIGURE 7--GL Alan Scott--Marked as a wal-mart exclusive
    WAVE 15 FIGURE 5--Martian manhunter--Marked as a K-Mart exclusive

Never seen anything like that.

We all could go on and on as to the how's and why's but I'm not.
    Well MM they later released at other stores without the K-Mart sticker. The UPC was no doubt the same. I don't know why they had the UPC for the Alan Scott in their system though.

It happens because people don't look at the items enough to notice what people are returning if they have a receipt. I found this earlier in the year.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    It happens because people don't look at the items enough to notice what people are returning if they have a receipt.

That's what I figure.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    When I was in retail that never would have flown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    Well MM they later released at other stores without the K-Mart sticker. The UPC was no doubt the same. I don't know why they had the UPC for the Alan Scott in their system though.

It happens because people don't look at the items enough to notice what people are returning if they have a receipt. I found this earlier in the year.
    http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/v...y/DSC00239.jpg
    I've found that same Thomas toy at our store at least ten times. I actually suspect the exclusive ended and they mixed it in with the regular assortment.

Mad Love two-pack in stock at toysrus.com

Toysrus.com has the Mad Love: Harley Quinn/Joker two-pack in stock for $31.99. Shipping is free if you spend more than $49.99 (I paired mine with the online exclusive boxset of MotU Hot Wheels).

As of right now, they have 34 in stock, so grab one soon if you still need Harley and her puddin'!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I have a QC issue with my Wonder Woman. She's...showing her boob.

She also has glue on her chest and neck as well as paint where there shouldn't be paint.

She's from MattyCollector...so it's not just the MOTUC having the problems. Matty asked me to send them pictures, but I thought I would share here. It's kind of funny, actually. MOC you couldn't tell she had ANY problems because her wrists are crossed in front of her in a "Bullets and Bracelets" pose. Then, I opened her and she exposed herself to me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I have a QC issue with my Wonder Woman. She's...showing her boob.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6...b9b066a629.jpg

She also has glue on her chest and neck as well as paint where there shouldn't be paint.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/6...107f0a30_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6...ff05dcbe_z.jpg

She's from MattyCollector...so it's not just the MOTUC having the problems. Matty asked me to send them pictures, but I thought I would share here. It's kind of funny, actually. MOC you couldn't tell she had ANY problems because her wrists are crossed in front of her in a "Bullets and Bracelets" pose. Then, I opened her and she exposed herself to me.
    Hey, just an FYI. . .Wave 17 just got released at Winner's Stores and they're only $9.99 each! You can cheaply pick-up an extra!
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Holy wardrobe malfunction!

The QC on the DCUC line often makes MOTUC's problems pale. I haven't gotten a wave in a while where at least one figure doesn't have mismatched plastic parts (not just a shade off, but basically two different colors) and some other problem somewhere. Mattel's QC is bad across their lines (the Monster High dolls had myriad problems with falling apart when first released from what I've seen on the web).

And this is the one company that doesn't have to have it's toys tested by an outside facility to meet the new regulations their own recalls helped bring into being. Makes you feel real secure about their stuff, doesn't it?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

So Reign of the supermen toys are coming back! thats awesome, now I can get Steel at a decent price!! WOO HOO!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And this is the one company that doesn't have to have it's toys tested by an outside facility to meet the new regulations their own recalls helped bring into being. Makes you feel real secure about their stuff, doesn't it?
    What? They were trying to kill our kids with lead paint. And they donít even have to have their toys checked out as stringently as Hasbro and everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    So Reign of the supermen toys are coming back! thats awesome, now I can get Steel at a decent price!! WOO HOO!
    Thatís good news. The only ones I have are Superboy, Cyborg Superman, and the Superman in the standard blue/red suit with the mullet. I look forward to completing the line up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Are you planning to eat your toys?

Are you planning to eat your toys?
    You've never had roast beast-man? it's to die for!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    What? They were trying to kill our kids with lead paint. And they donít even have to have their toys checked out as stringently as Hasbro and everyone else?
    Thatís good news. The only ones I have are Superboy, Cyborg Superman, and the Superman in the standard blue/red suit with the mullet. I look forward to completing the line up.
    Yep, Mattel is exempt:
    http://www.saferstates.com/2009/09/t...ing-rules.html

Well paid lobbyists make the difference.

As for the Reign of the Supermen set, that's already cancelled according to BBTS. It may be, however, that the information was sent out prematurely by Mattel and the "cancellation" is simply so it can be re-solicted later.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Well paid lobbyists make the difference.

As for the Reign of the Supermen set, that's already cancelled according to BBTS. It may be, however, that the information was sent out prematurely by Mattel and the "cancellation" is simply so it can be re-solicted later.
    yeah it's funny and sad that these councils and committees that are set up to protect us can still be bought and sold.

regarding the reign figues;

let me utter an "Argh!" with a glimmer of "hmmm."

Fear is faith in failure

Wait, what? Why would they announce a line just to cancel it 4 days later? Did BBTS jump the gun on listing it?