Page 148 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sorry, but what? Aren't they the same character?

I agree with what you said though. That is what I was saying in my review. And actually, it is 4 repaints (WL Flash, Reverse Flash, Red Arrow, Sinestro). Anyway, they make us buy 7 figures to complete Nekron, seperating his head and lower torso between two straight up repaints, but still charging the same price for each. How could they not afford to make the scythe when they went this route? Did Red Arrow and Reverse Flash's head cost $4000 each to produce? If so, why even bother doing a new Green Arrow? And it isn't like Hawk and Dove were completely brand new bodies. Or did their head and cape things cost $60000 a piece?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; January 19, 2012 at 11:14am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, but what? Aren't they the same character?
    He's referring to the classic Professor Zoom, the Reverse Flash vs. Zolomon, the Reverse Flash that took his place during Geoff Johns' run of Wally West Flash. Still, referring to them as Zoom vs. the Reverse Flash is incredibly confusing.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

even when the evil master of sarcasm sticks a cool smilee in his post he's taken seriously. love it.

Well I loved the Brightest Day Green Arrow DCD released last year and the wave 20 is basically an articulated version of that. He still comes with the outdated bow and arrow so the DCD one is a perfect replacement.

DCD

DCUC

Red Arrow is nothing new. Basically a head sculpt, but it makes sense. I'm a big fan of him and do like that mean head sculpt.

Not just an archer. Anything is a weapon.

Legacies

Okay been a LONG time since I visited this thread. I bought one DCUC Sub, cant wait for it. The nuDCU got me back into DC, granted I hate so much of it. SOme of the changes are good. I am thinknig of getting back into this line. Basically starting from square one though. So, is there a current checklist anywhere for the DCUC line?? And what is currently out there, and upcoming at retail?
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

http://www.dcclassics.com/ they don't always have pics but yeah.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well, it looks like Mattel pulled a fast one of us. I read on another site that Mattel is NOT going to release any new characters in the sub that requires more than a new head sculpt. That defies the entire reason for this sub to even exist. -_-
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well, it looks like Mattel pulled a fast one of us. I read on another site that Mattel is NOT going to release any new characters in the sub that requires more than a new head sculpt. That defies the entire reason for this sub to even exist. -_-
    If that's true, then Mattel had better knock our socks off with the parts re-use at NYTF and SDCC.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

They will still be making new figures for the All-Star line so there will be new parts coming out. Which I am still confused why Larfleeze is going retail and Atrocitus is going online.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Where did you hear that? Is that something Mattel actually admitted???

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    They will still be making new figures for the All-Star line so there will be new parts coming out. Which I am still confused why Larfleeze is going retail and Atrocitus is going online.
    The prevailing theory I heard is that the figures coming in the early stages of the sub would have been Wave 21 (Flash, Starman, Ivy, Atrocitus, prob. two others and Metron as the C&C), so that anybody designed after that got tossed into the All-Stars.

Or it could just be more of Mattel's "Logistics", because there really isn't any rhyme or reason sometimes. (such as the logic in making Flashpoint Plastic Man!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Where did you hear that? Is that something Mattel actually admitted???
    From what was posted, the guy asked about getting Doomsday in the Ask Matty forums, and this is what was the response was:

Yes, he is a 100% tool. Until we see an increase in day-of purchases and 2013 subs, a 100% tool figure is not possible. If DCUC sold the same numbers as MOTUC we could, but not at the numbers we are at. We just don't have the sales to support 100% tool'd figures right now..

From what was posted, the guy asked about getting Doomsday in the Ask Matty forums, and this is what was the response was:

Yes, he is a 100% tool. Until we see an increase in day-of purchases and 2013 subs, a 100% tool figure is not possible. If DCUC sold the same numbers as MOTUC we could, but not at the numbers we are at. We just don't have the sales to support 100% tool'd figures right now..
    OK, but that's not the same as only new head-sculpts. Mattel & the 4H have actually been pretty good about inventive ways to reuse parts with new bits. I'm sure new armor, weaponry, et al. will be included as well, on existing bucks.

And while the Doomsday news is disappointing, there are a ton of demanded characters that can be made off of existing bucks and parts.

Honestly, I'm trying to avoid forming too much more of an opinion on the sub until Toy Fair. Then, at least, we'll have a sense of the reality of it, and what to expect. (Of course, should at that point it look like new heads will be it, the fur will likely fly across the fandom!)

My problem is, I am reading this as, "Well we told you this is the only way we are going to give you Doomsday, Granny Goodness, Tin, Platinum, Copper, Elastic Girl, and Elongated Man, but since you did not buy 5 subs each, we are only going to give you repaints and reused character. Have fun with your Black Lantern Swamp Thing, mini-Atrocitus, and no leaf Poison Ivy. However, if you want to buy 10 subs in 2013, we will give you those characters we promised for 2012."

I picked up a Black Lantern Hal, and an All Stars Batman (wave 10 repack). Only 6 bucks each.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

My problem is, I am reading this as, "Well we told you this is the only way we are going to give you Doomsday, Granny Goodness, Tin, Platinum, Copper, Elastic Girl, and Elongated Man, but since you did not buy 5 subs each, we are only going to give you repaints and reused character. Have fun with your Black Lantern Swamp Thing, mini-Atrocitus, and no leaf Poison Ivy. However, if you want to buy 10 subs in 2013, we will give you those characters we promised for 2012."
    Not so excited to see Matty's comments. I got the sub hopping we'd get Doomsday, Killer Croc, Granny Goodness... The first figure hasn't shipped, and one of those is already off the table. Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Not so excited to see Matty's comments. I got the sub hopping we'd get Doomsday, Killer Croc, Granny Goodness... The first figure hasn't shipped, and one of those is already off the table. Boo.
    I was hoping for the Metal Men, Ras'al Ghul, Doomsday, Granny Goodness, Killer Croc, Talia, and Vandal Savage.

okay, that is NO WHERE NEAR getting figures with ONLY new head sculpts.

I am glad I did not get the sub as I only would have wanted Doomsday.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Well I have to say Mattel is setting themselves up to fail. They might as well return all our money and cancel the sub because they are not getting a second year of a sub. They obviously understand nothing about boosting business and keeping customers happy. The are saying how great the MOTUC fans are, well that is because they have no other outlet to buy the figs other than online.

If they gave us 12 awesome figs that we wanted instead of garbage they would have our business for years to come. But instead they are raising prices, cutting out accessories and C&Cs, and just reusing parts. Great business practices Mattel.

I was hoping for the Metal Men, Ras'al Ghul, Doomsday, Granny Goodness, Killer Croc, Talia, and Vandal Savage.
    My understanding, from something I read a while ago, is that the Metal Men are a given...I believe they were already planned out, and just being released incrementally. Same deal for Elasti-Girl, and probably Mento...I'd be very surprised if those guys don't make it out.

I also personally think Ra's is a given as well, but I have no evidence to back that up. With the new Bat-movie this year, it's probably more likely than not.

Just looking at them I thought they had been reusing parts the whole time, with only head, feet and hands looking different. I know there is about 3 different chest sizes (not including the female figures).

About cost, DC Direct figures I used to get for 15 bucks now cost 25, Doctor Who figures that cost me 14 now cost 17, I saw Walking Dead action figures but they cost 16 bucks a piece, I got a bunch of Mini Mates for 4-5 bucks for a pack back in the day now they cost 7-9 bucks for a pack.

I know people have mentioned recent price jumps for G.I. Joe and Star Wars also, costs are going up all over the place just some more so then others.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 25, 2012 at 12:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I also personally think Ra's is a given as well, but I have no evidence to back that up. With the new Bat-movie this year, it's probably more likely than not.
    I think he'd be more likely to show up in the Legacy line, as opposed to the sub or DCnU line...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I think he'd be more likely to show up in the Legacy line, as opposed to the sub or DCnU line...
    That would make sense, but I think the Legacy line is going away. I think it was apparently just a place-holder until the All-Stars and Dark Knight Rises stuff hits.

The only thing that was announced for Legacy that hasn't hit is the Batman/Catwoman Arkham City pack, which there's been no word on. There was rumor of other stuff a ways back, but it was all Arkham City or Movie Master related, and nothing official was ever said.

The Classic Catwoman in the purple dress and green cape has hit though? If so, dang, I gotta get on the ball!

The news about Doomsday is exactly what I was afraid would happen with that thermometer crap. He is without a doubt THE oversized figure that should have been made by now and would have sold the subscription in a heartbeat if he'd been shown. I know, I know, they didn't have enough time to plan like that, but now they're crying poor house for next year and saying sub sales have to improve first? Uh, no, that doesn't work because that's just a catch 22. There won't BE good enough sales if they don't offer the fan-demanded characters. You include Doomsday to get people to buy, you don't try to entice them to buy stuff they don't want so they'll MAYBE get a CHANCE to buy him in another year. I feel ashamed as a MOTUC collector for spoiling Mattel with that kind of loyalty. Maybe the option is nothing. Maybe that's what we've got to look forward to with this line, we're dead fans walking and don't even know it. What really got me started on the line originally was stuff like Black Manta, Wonder Woman, and that kickass Ares figure back in wave 3. In my view, two of those ARE fairly obscure compared to what we were seeing in DC toys for years--and Wonder Woman wasn't making a lot of appearances either. I'm sorry to all the fans who really love JSA, Starman and OMAC, but I hate that those are so dominant now, but I still don't have a Ra's, Vandal Savage, General Zod, or Granny Goodness. I've only got a Manhunter because they overkilled GL last year (and no Grandmaster, sigh). Now I can just hope that Man of Steel gets Zod and Faora made and Dark Knight Rises gets a Ra's, but still, the chances of this line being cool enough to attract more fans in order grow and/or get better seem very very grim to me. I guess there's hope Mattel just wants to coast now and will make figures "right" if this line survives to see a better economy. That it's alive at all maybe is the hope? I don't know, but I feel like I need to walk away until DCUC comes back to my side of the sandbox with characters I want.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm just about done with this DCIC or whatever it is sub. We have heard bupkis on this subscription. Seriously, we haven't even seen the Poison Ivy that was teased, what, 6 months ago?

I really want a Poison Ivy and Huntress figure, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they pull the plug on this line after the initial offerings.