Page 151 of 210 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 5241

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

They're probably re-shuffling wave 2 and 3 as well.

Snappy Threader
    They probably just figure Larfleeze wouldn't sell to mom.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Probabbly. Hopefully. Makes sense. I can't imagine DC completely doing away with it's retail line. Especially with Marvel's Legend figures comming back to the shelves.

TG said all star wave 1 was going to be wave 21 so sounds like they are making it (all stars wave 1) like the other waves. Make it with only mainstream characters.

If anything gets moved to the DC sub that's ok since I have one.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He might be right now. Fangirl 2.0 was demoted to Fangirl 1.0.
    Fangirl might be hitting Careerbuilder. Rhobyn might be gone as well...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Ah...that's what I said.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why would BBTS be told they were cancelled entirely then? Maybe someone from Mattel should actually COMMUNIFREAKINGCATE WITH US!!!!

It isn't that hard to type up a quick statement. They have no problem typing up information on their garbage like the hoverboard, but when it comes to something that people buy, they don't.

I don't care if it is Scott or whomever this dumb fangirl that I have never heard of before is, I just want some freaking answers as to what the bloody **** is going on.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

My reading of what you posted, is Mattel removed items from the case. BBTS having the idea to have costume service decided to shoot you an email that what is in the case assortment has changed, by having items actually removed from it.

The other waves, could be something silly like the name change. Technically this line started off as a Batman line, then morphed into DC Superheroes, then became DC Universe Classics. But while they did morph they are also separate toy lines since scale and amount of articulation has changed.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Not sure why they owe you an explanation so urgently on series 2 and 3 of a retail line based on something you heard off an e-tailer. Series 1 hasn't even hit the shelves yet.

Not sure why they owe you an explanation so urgently on series 2 and 3 of a retail line based on something you heard off an e-tailer. Series 1 hasn't even hit the shelves yet.
    Because I want to know why the DC line has been cancelled.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Because I want to know why the DC line has been cancelled.
    sounds like only bbts is saying that.

and isn't this the 2nd time something like this has happened with bbts?

For some reason I recall when the line went from Batman to DC Superheroes then to Classics similar things happened and it upset people. Basically classics is dead at retail, it's now All Star.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    For some reason I recall when the line went from Batman to DC Superheroes then to Classics similar things happened and it upset people. Basically classics is dead at retail, it's now All Star.
    that's what i'm thinking. mattel is changing the name of the line and removing the old line from their retail order list. bbts sees that it's missing and sends out an email to the customers*.

*something matty and dr should do for subscribers more often when there's delays and changes.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    that's what i'm thinking. mattel is changing the name of the line and removing the old line from their retail order list. bbts sees that it's missing and sends out an email to the customers*.

*something matty and dr should do for subscribers more often when there's delays and changes.
    should because stuff like that shouldn't be considered good or great costumer service but expected from customer service. It's bad when we call something good/great when it should be the default.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    sounds like only bbts is saying that.

and isn't this the 2nd time something like this has happened with bbts?
    That is why Mattel needs to tell us something.

Mattel's brand managers must have been mimes in their previous careers.

man, they keep teasing me with Steel and pulling it away.
    Last edited by krosfyah; March 10, 2012 at 10:46pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That is why Mattel needs to tell us something.
    The problem is Mattel may not be aware of what BBTS has said in their emails. It's the problem when your customer service can be on the lacking side. They, didn't have to do a press release, but to come out and say something like we are canceling the retail side and starting a new line called All Stars.

Chances are Mattel would only actually say something if the line was actually cancelled and not being replaced with All Stars.

Now they have kind of said that but they said it was becoming All Stars, which may be all they did with the previous changes also. Part of the problem is I am sure this is something that used to happen all the time, but with the advent more reliance upon the internet things are different.

for all we know, the only people who needed to be told anything were the retailers because it only really affected them (line name change; case changes; etc).

now, if they are making changes to a subscription, then yeah, they should let those subscribers know. but right now, this seems to be a retail change. they sell to bbts and other retailers and that's who they notified. they have no obligation to tell the folks who purchased from those retailers.

If they add Larfleez to the sub, it wouldn't exactly be a change since they haven't revealed what all figures in the sub will be. Not that I think you were saying that, just it's still possible that's what they'll do. Or maybe they'll use him as a hook for a 2013 DCIE club, but I hope they're smarter than that and will use Vandal Savage or someone fans really MUST HAVE for that.

How about that new Batman they added to wave 1? Looks pretty awesome.

Whatever the line is called, figures based on the DCUC style will continue for a while. Personally, I'm not all too interested since most of the stuff going forward will be based on the new stuff. But whenever they give us some throwbacks to 70's and 80's era stuff I might pick it up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

How about that new Batman they added to wave 1? Looks pretty awesome.
    Yeah, especially since DCD's is not going to be out until Jan.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Mattel's nonsense has truly sapped my interest in this line. I love that I got some really cool figures that are currently gracing my shelf, but the stupidity with which this line is managed is mindboggling. I'm in for Red Robin and Poison Ivy, but I think I'm done after that.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Mattel's nonsense has truly sapped my interest in this line. I love that I got some really cool figures that are currently gracing my shelf, but the stupidity with which this line is managed is mindboggling. I'm in for Red Robin and Poison Ivy, but I think I'm done after that.
    DC is probably just as equally if not more to blame depending on the complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I'd go ahead and throw just as much blame at DC. A very good share of the problems in the DCUC line came from them, particularly later in the line (demanding focus on current stories like the Rainbow Lanterns and such). But I'm completely with you on being over it, though . I just got Waves 19 and 20. I now have it up with all my others, from the Batman '03 that I haven't replaced (Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze) to DC Superheroes (Batgirl, Brainiac, chrome shield Steel, Mongul and an Osito-bearing Bane) and DC Universe Classics. There are very few DCUCs that I'm unwillingly missing, just a handful of Wave 14 (all I really want out of that one that I don't have is a completed Ultra Humanite) and all of Wave 18 (I wants me that Anti-Monitor and all, but there's not a single figure in that wave that I'm OK with plunking down the money for just to get him) and some exclusives. I love, love, LOVE this line, but I'm done. There's not a single figure that has/had been solicited in the DCU/All Stars line that I have any interest in. Club Infinite Earths only has Poison Ivy and Jay Garrick coming in the next year that I have any interest in. I look at my shelves and can't see many others that I am willing to endure the nonsense to get. I've been all-in with both MOTUC and Mattel DCU. One of them has to give and unfortunately DCU is closer to my plug-pulling hand. I've got enough frustrations just trying to get my MOTUCs, and the distribution there is fairly straightforward. I don't need even more one-hour sellouts, preorders unceremoniously cancelled for reasons unknown, highly anticipated figures suddenly and mysteriously disappearing into the ether, figures shown at trade events and Cons that aren't actually planned for release and having to fight the scalpers at retail. Aside from the previously mentioned figures, I have a bead on incredibly good prices for Adam Strange/Starfire, Lobo and The Wonder Twins with Gleek. After that I think I can pretty much close the book on DCU.

I cannot think that way. I want Black Mask, Poison Ivy, Jay, Metron, and Platinum and Tin from the announced sub figures. I want Larfleeze, I want the New52 figures (especially Aquaman), I want non-statue Flashpoint figures, and I want the rest of Apokolips. I want Ras'al Ghul, Talia, Vandal Savage, a big Killer Croc, a big Doomsday, I need Steel, Cassie Batgirl, non-Tiger Woods clothes wearing Brainiac, Emerald Empress and the rest of the Fatal Five, Shadowlass, Dawn Star, Bouncing Boy, regular Scarecrow, Ressurection Man, Anton Arcane, El Diablo, Abigail Arcane, Cinnamon, Bat Lash, El Papagayo, future Hex, Turnbull, Telluhlah Black, Damian Robin, **** Batman, Static Shock, Blight, Curare, Inque, Spellbinder, Warhawk, Future Superman, the Justice Lords, the Royal Flush Gang, the rest of the Metal Men and Doom Patrol, Terra, Ravager, and the list goes on and on.