Page 154 of 210 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yes, I will say it up front, I am not a Marvel person. In fact, I stopped reading their comics the moment Brand New Day came out.

And if this is what ML has to offer, then they should have stayed gone. Why not do a regular Spider-Man? Regular Wolverine? Regular Captain America? Characters with designs that people know and love? Why do these ugly designs no one cares about? I understand doing variants, but your first waves should be the familiar designs to attract buyers. I have no interest in these designs, I do not like these designs, and I am not willing to spend $15-18 on them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yes, I will say it up front, I am not a Marvel person. In fact, I stopped reading their comics the moment Brand New Day came out.

And if this is what ML has to offer, then they should have stayed gone. Why not do a regular Spider-Man? Regular Wolverine? Regular Captain America? Characters with designs that people know and love? Why do these ugly designs no one cares about? I understand doing variants, but your first waves should be the familiar designs to attract buyers. I have no interest in these designs, I do not like these designs, and I am not willing to spend $15-18 on them.
    I think the idea is to not start all over again with figures everyone has. I think they're doing it right...this is all "current" looks, or at least recent looks, for these characters. That's the Future Foundation Spider-Man and the Bucky Cap...which is exactly what they look like in the books. I wouldn't call that a "variant" by any means.

But we're way off topic here. That convo should probably be int he Marvel Legends thread.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

The first two waves are always selling out everywhere and scalped for crazy prices such as masked Dark Wolverine which used to go for $200-600 on ebay. Whatever they're doing is working.

Marvel and DC are both going with retail lines that represent what is currently found in comics. There is a decent logic that follows that it would help both figure and comic sales, or it could help them know if their costume designs really do suck.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well they could have at least released a NORMAL Spider-Man. I would have bought that, because I want a fully posseable normal Spider-Man in the 6inch scale. Every Spider-Man Hasbro has released over the years has sucked in articulation or has been too small.

Well, looks like the All-Stars line is indeed cancelled based on the new Q&A.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 3, 2012 at 01:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Well, looks like the All-Stars line is indeed cancelled based on the new Q&A.
    Doesn't seem quite cancelled, but it certainly doesn't look good. What happened to the excuse that part of the change in the line was becuase retailers wanted it this way? Beginning to look like the whole thing was DC's pushing against any classic stuff at retail, as many suspected, rather than the tired old line of "retailers want it this way."

I'm guessing Larfleeze will wind up in one of the unannounced slots in the sub now.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Hopefully Bandai picks up the license.

I haven't read a single issue of Spider-Man since Brand New Day. You want to do a retcon that negates every issue of Spider-Man that I've read since I was a kid? Fine, but don't expect me to ever buy another issue of Spidey. But I kept up with Thunderbolts and Dark Reign, because I love me some villains

And if this is what ML has to offer, then they should have stayed gone. Why not do a regular Spider-Man? Regular Wolverine? Regular Captain America? Characters with designs that people know and love? Why do these ugly designs no one cares about? I understand doing variants, but your first waves should be the familiar designs to attract buyers.
    I really don't want to see another Iron Man, Cap, Spider-Man, Thor, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, etc... The shelves have been just clogged with them for years. Give me a villain that hasn't been made or a supporting character in their new costume. DC and Marvel have huge universes, and I'd much rather have them branch out.

Well they could have at least released a NORMAL Spider-Man. I would have bought that, because I want a fully posseable normal Spider-Man in the 6inch scale. Every Spider-Man Hasbro has released over the years has sucked in articulation or has been too small.
    If you're interested in 6" Spideys not made by Hasbro, I'd suggest you check out this guide. It's a pretty comprehensive retrospective. I have the Spider-Man Classics series 9 black costume Spidey, and I really like it. I hear the clamshell SMCs are nice too.

Have I missed any updates on the Penguin in Super Powers colors we saw awhile back? I've had my fingers crossed that it will show up in the Batman Legacy line, but haven't stumbled into any announcements. I didn't know if anyone had heard any news?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I haven't read a single issue of Spider-Man since Brand New Day. You want to do a retcon that negates every issue of Spider-Man that I've read since I was a kid? Fine, but don't expect me to ever buy another issue of Spidey.

Have I missed any updates on the Penguin in Super Powers colors we saw awhile back? I've had my fingers crossed that it will show up in the Batman Legacy line, but haven't stumbled into any announcements. I didn't know if anyone had heard any news?
    I'm the same way about Spider-Man. I love the character, and always have, but dropped it after the Brand New Day storyline, and I will not buy another new issue until Quesada is gone from Marvel, and the retcon is undone. (So I fully expect not to be buying for quite some time - I'm fully aware of what I'm getting into. )

One of the Matty Q&As this month said that the SP Penguin figure should be slotted in somewhere in 2013, but that's really about it. So at least it's still coming, just not soon.

The way one of those Q&As read (I forget which), it sounded vaguely like they were considering one more wave of DCUC, but that could just be poorly worded. I have no doubt that if Larfleeze doesn't make it to retail, he'll be in the sub.

I suppose it should be some consolation that for however much difficulty people have had with MOTUC in the past year, the DCUC situation is far worse.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'm the same way about Spider-Man. I love the character, and always have, but dropped it after the Brand New Day storyline, and I will not buy another new issue until Quesada is gone from Marvel, and the retcon is undone. (So I fully expect not to be buying for quite some time - I'm fully aware of what I'm getting into. )
    did you mean to say you dropped it after One More Day? Because everything after that reset was really good stuff (up until 6/2010 when i stopped collecting all comics due to lack of funds).

My explanation for One More Day and after, have decently written stories before the event, force a stupid change because the eic doesn't like something and has tolerated it for his tenure, have better writing after and say see it was better without him being married.

Most people who dropped Spider-man/Marvel wasn't because of good writing but because of editorial decisions.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    did you mean to say you dropped it after One More Day? Because everything after that reset was really good stuff (up until 6/2010 when i stopped collecting all comics due to lack of funds).
    Whatever the name of the storyline was that had the marriage written out of existence via the deal with Mephisto save Aunt May's life - at any rate, that's when I stopped. I just found the concept, and editorial decision, absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Doesn't seem quite cancelled, but it certainly doesn't look good. What happened to the excuse that part of the change in the line was becuase retailers wanted it this way? Beginning to look like the whole thing was DC's pushing against any classic stuff at retail, as many suspected, rather than the tired old line of "retailers want it this way."

I'm guessing Larfleeze will wind up in one of the unannounced slots in the sub now.

well you can not blame Mattel for NOT throwing DC under the bus and coming up with other reasons why they were changing DCUC. They were not going to tick off DC by throwing them under the bus and telling customers/fans what was the real problem. Besides, they didn't have to, I think we ALL knew what was going on.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Whatever the name of the storyline was that had the marriage written out of existence via the deal with Mephisto save Aunt May's life - at any rate, that's when I stopped. I just found the concept, and editorial decision, absurd.
    totally agree. it was crazy. but what came out of it was awesomeness.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

What's happening with DC All-Stars line?

I REALLY don't understand what's going on with this line.

Is Wave 1 of All-Stars the first and last Wave?

i live in London and have on Pre-Order (from a store here in the UK)

* Superman
    * Batman
    * Red Robin
    * Superboy Prime
    * Batman Beyond

I've had no email to say they've been cancelled, will I receive these figures?

Will there be more after them?

Is Larfleeze cancelled altogether or will he be in the next Wave?

What happened to Supergirl?

Please someone help, it's very confusing as to what's happening.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I REALLY don't understand what's going on with this line.

Is Wave 1 of All-Stars the first and last Wave?

i live in London and have on Pre-Order (from a store here in the UK)

* Superman
    * Batman
    * Red Robin
    * Superboy Prime
    * Batman Beyond

I've had no email to say they've been cancelled, will I receive these figures?

Will there be more after them?

Is Larfleeze cancelled altogether or will he be in the next Wave?

What happened to Supergirl?

Please someone help, it's very confusing as to what's happening.
    This is being discussed in the DC Classics Frustration thread - unfortunately, at the moment Mattel has not thoroughly clarified the situation, so we're all waiting to hear the fate of the All-Stars line.

I'm going to merge this with the other thread.

Wow, Atrocitus came out pretty shrimpy...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

And they didn't sculpt his boots. Glad I didn't get the sub.

I didn't know Atrocitus became an orange lantern. Man, that is awful. I hope the final version is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Wow, Atrocitus came out pretty shrimpy...
    And I think that's the adjusted figure - IIRC, the original reveal had him on a buck with shorter legs. At least this version's a little taller.

I do wish the reds matched, though.

Atrocitus is pretty atrocious indeed!

They skimped on his boots that were shown before, the paint colors looks disgusting, and even the head looks bad. Is he wearing braces? This is horrible. DCUC is looking deader than ever. I don't think I really want them to make characters I don't have if they are going to turn out this awful. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Atrocitus is pretty atrocious indeed!

They skimped on his boots that were shown before, the paint colors looks disgusting, and even the head looks bad. Is he wearing braces? This is horrible. DCUC is looking deader than ever. I don't think I really want them to make characters I don't have if they are going to turn out this awful. Shameful.
    Wow what a let down from this

And people complain about MOTUC because the paint jobs are often the only thing that really changes, they took this and made it into virtually a budget repaint
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

On a better note, they seemed to have improved 52 Supes

I'm glad I collected the DC Direct GL figures instead. Poor Atrocitus.