Page 155 of 208 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    On a better note, they seemed to have improved 52 Supes
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im...CMTw7518lg.jpg
    Wow cant wait for Red Robin, Ive been catching up on the tim drake stories and I really like the costume (Is there any difference between the Tim Drake costume and the original one from Kingdom Come?)

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm glad I collected the DC Direct GL figures instead. Poor Atrocitus.
    I missed out, and honestly, I do not care, because I would still rather have this turd. The DC Direct one has lacking a lot in articulation and his hands are molded in the most oddest pose.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

i still prefer the original supes costume, but that is an awesome figure.

I hate the hair and face on the new Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Wow cant wait for Red Robin, Ive been catching up on the tim drake stories and I really like the costume (Is there any difference between the Tim Drake costume and the original one from Kingdom Come?)

JAG2045
    I don't think that's Tim. Most likely Jason. They always use that toddler body for the teens.

I don't think that's Tim. Most likely Jason. They always use that toddler body for the teens.
    TG claims it is Tim. I don't care, either way, it is going on my Multiverse shelf because to me, that is NOT Earth Prime's Tim Drake, that the Kingdom Come **** no matter what Mattel says.

I do like that New 52 Superman a lot though. I want a New 52 Aquaman though from Mattel.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

No more Young Justice figures at retail in either scale. Wow, what is it about retail Mattel can no longer handle?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Over on the Matty boards apparently it's been confirmed that there will be no more DC All-Stars after Wave 1, no more young Justice and obviously we know there'll be no more DCUC.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

That sucks. A review of Wave 4 of YJ 4'' was released. I wonder if those are coming out? That at least got Artemis out there along with GL and Superman.

No more Young Justice figures at retail in either scale. Wow, what is it about retail Mattel can no longer handle?
    Have you ever thought maybe its the consumer that no longer wants some of the products Mattel has to offer?

Young Justice to me is just a redo of Justice League as far as the toys are concerned. The TV show is the only real difference but design wise they are too similar and because of that too overpriced

I am not surprised it did not do well at retail, the only time it did was when the figures were priced down or had a B1G1 free

You can't force the market to buy something they don't want. JLU proved that again and again

Anecdotal evidence only , my customers buy a lot of stuff. They buy the non-moving Sonic figures, they buy other lines that are not popular as well as all the popular lines. I have been asked about YJ and when I tell them the price they tell me not interested and thus I have never had a request to buy them. For a person who routinely sends 20lb boxes of retail toys to customers to never have a YJ order told me all I needed to know about that line
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Although, to be fair, doesn't your example actually show that it's on Mattel's shoulders and not the consumers? If the price point was such a factor, then that doesn't mean consumers don't want them. They just don't want what was offered at that price point.

I liked the 4'' figures. Mostly because I like the designs on the show (something I think the 6'' figures reflected poorly) and I liked the basic sculpts. But the articulation was bad. The hands that could not hold things were bad. The weird hand poses were bad. And the price point was ridiculous. But I still bought them because I enjoy the show and the character designs. I have not collected other DC lines with any regularity. I never got into JLU. So I was hoping this could be my big universe-wide DC line.

I honestly think if they'd have taken that same sculpt, added in more articulation and figured out a way to get the price point down that the figures would have been more successful. More articulation would have attracted more adult collectors (a niche market, but they can still bolster sales) and a lower price point would have attracted kids. As you said, when the price was lower the line did seem to do better at retail.

It's just weird that Mattel thought $10 would work. I realize the volume might have been lower, but if you have GI Joe and Marvel Universe figures out there with more articulation and more accessories (especially in the case of Joes) at a lower price point... it's going to be a tough sell. The HOJ was a cool idea, and I love mine, but if that drove up the price point it was probably a mistake.

It's easy to look back with 20/20 vision and point out where it went wrong. I'm sure the decisions were made after some careful thought and research. But it still blows my mind, as someone who works in a marketing department, that they surveyed the current trends out there and decided the line would work at that price point and with limited articulation. In much the same way that they thought packing the First Appearance Batman and Catwoman so heavily in the Legacy packs was a good idea. It's just a bit of a head scratcher.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I am disappointed about the all stars wave though. I was looking forward to getting larfleeze in another wave
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Wait, what? When was this announced?

Toyguru said it on the matty forums.

- Young Justice 4" and 6" figures are done at retail. They said it's possible we'll see more on the Matty website in the future. Miss Martian, we never knew ye.

- DCUC is done at retail as of this year. They said there will be one more wave of 4 this year. They do not say who will be in that wave (or if that "one more wave" means a total of 2 all-star waves or if it's a one-and-done deal), but apparently Larfleeze isn't one of them, since they're looking for a home for him. They said that all previously-revealed figures have been tooled, so they will be looking for a way to release them outside of retail.

- 2013 will see a relaunch of their 6" DC figures, with "complimentary" figures released at retail and on Matty, so that we "can complete our collections." (Whatever that means.)
    Last edited by SCB; April 7, 2012 at 03:34pm.

i didn't care for the YJ 4" figs. i did like the 6" figs, but the price point (even with the large accessory) was a little ridiculous. they pretty much priced themselves out of a market where folks were being selective about buying figs at $15 each.

DCUC has done remarkable. 20+ waves is outstanding. not shocked that it's time for a break and a relauch...but they aren't really doing the break.

imo, they should wait till 2014 and go with all new bucks to start completely over. of course, by that time new 52 could be over. still, if in 2013, they have new bucks that are as good (but different) than the dcuc bucks, then they might get people to re-buy the same characters. i just think they need a longer period of time between death of dcuc and launch of the new figs. /shrug.

I wonder if YJ will sell any better on Matty then JL does, they can't give away JL toys sadly

But I agree DCUC has done incredible, 20 waves at retail is one heck of a life. Its like people who worry about MOTUC not realizing that MOTUC has sold a remarkable amount of figures for a internet only mail order line

This points to a bigger picture though, I think slowly Mattel is making way to Matty and Mattelshop online only. Mass retail has a wider reach but they are also vultures in what they expect and what the company gets in return, and I think financial wise they get too big a piece of the pie for what they can provide as less and less kids buy toys.

When a line is good and sells well they are happy, when a line stumbles they dump it instantly. With the high cost of tooling the risk imho is too high.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

It was a good 20 waves, but I am still shocked they never did a CnC Doomsday. And I'm still sour they never did Vandal Savage, R'as Al-Gul, or General Zod. I mean I don't want them all ruined like Atrocitus, but still, it stings. Is this the fall out of Green Lantern bombing? It feels like that's when things seriously changed for the Mattel DC toys.

YJ is ending too? Dammit!!! I liked the small figures. I liked them more than the JLU figures honestly, those just looked like Happy Meal toys to me. But I also didn't need to collect all of the DC universe in the YJ line. Just the main characters from the show were good. Disgusting that they did an Captain Atom but no Miss Martian. I hope this does not badly affect the cartoon (but I fear it will).

The reality of fewer kids wanting action figures...that's trouble for the animated TV shows in general since an awesome show like Symbionic Titan was canceled just for not having toys. I fear the future. DC toys in the DCUC style...I'm just sad it's going to be over. They could have done more.

I don't care if it had a healthy life, I will not be satisfied until I at least get Ras, Talia, a large Killer Croc, large Doomsday, Hush, Granny Goodness, and Damian Robin.

BTW, they should just put Larfleeze in the sub because I do not want to waste time looking for him at retail, and they haven't announced all of the figures for it, so why not put one already tooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Over on the Matty boards apparently it's been confirmed that there will be no more DC All-Stars after Wave 1, no more young Justice and obviously we know there'll be no more DCUC.
    See, this is utter crap. They need to communicate this to EVERYONE!!!! Last year it was only making this announcements on their facebook page. This year they seem to only be making these announcements on their message board. Are they ever going to understand how to use communicatoin effectively?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 7, 2012 at 07:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't care if it had a healthy life, I will not be satisfied until I at least get Ras, Talia, a large Killer Croc, large Doomsday, Hush, Granny Goodness, and Damian Robin.
    here's hoping the batman line continues on.

Nope. No Legacy in 2012. They put that on hold for the movie figures.

Nope. No Legacy in 2012. They put that on hold for the movie figures.
    only in a video game year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

YJ is ending too? Dammit!!! I liked the small figures. I liked them more than the JLU figures honestly, those just looked like Happy Meal toys to me. But I also didn't need to collect all of the DC universe in the YJ line. Just the main characters from the show were good. Disgusting that they did an Captain Atom but no Miss Martian. I hope this does not badly affect the cartoon (but I fear it will).
    Miss Martian is available right now in a two-pack with J'onn. And Artemis is supposed to be in Wave 4 which has been on review sites and is (presumably) still coming out in some fashion. So, at least in the 4'' line we'll have a complete team.

Young Justice line officially cancelled, not just in retail.

Young Justice line officially cancelled, not just in retail.
    That is going to be awkward for the show which has already been renewed and is working on finishing S2

We'll probably get the 6 inch Batman and Kid Flash though, but not Guardian and Conner in shirt and jeans shown at Toyfair.

Luckily we got the white suit Conner we were all begging for