Page 166 of 211 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5265

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

The Watchmen line isn't supposed to have a fee, it will be refunded. So says matty on facebook.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The Watchmen line isn't supposed to have a fee, it will be refunded. So says matty on facebook.
    Meh, I'm not going to take any chances and am going to pass on The Watchmen sub. After looking at the two pictures, I just do not like the way Dr Manhattan looks. Something seems out of proportion for him. If I change my mind, I will just buy them from the secondary market next year
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Is Poison Ivy still the sub exclusive or are they releasing her as normal?

Is there a sub exclusive for the Watchem sub? If not, I think this is the first time there hasn't been an exclusive for a sub.

Heroic Warrior
    I believe Poison Ivy is a 2012 sub figure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

Is there a sub exclusive for the Watchem sub? If not, I think this is the first time there hasn't been an exclusive for a sub.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

You can buy her on Matty. Metron was the sub exclusive.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You can buy her on Matty. Metron was the sub exclusive.
    I could have sworn that I originally read that she was the sub exclusive. If that is not the case then I will buying two. Sweet

Does anyone have pictures of the new retail DC stuff that is not poorly shot with randomized colors that blurr out the shots? How about the actual figures? I cannot find any picture updates since the first Matty panel.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Just got my refund for the Watchmen membership fee. I had totally forgotten about this, so I was a little freaked for a bit!

Oh, and for what it's worth, the thermometer has begun updating. The bulb at the bottom is almost full.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I am wondering why the watchmen just gets a subscription with out any credibility? Is it going to do that much better then the DC line?

Well I think if the DCU sub does not reach its requirement length, or I get a job before the subs expire, I'm going to get a Watchmen sub. We'll see.

BTW, I got two shipping notices for my Rocket Red and Starman, each with two different order numbers, two different final costs, and two different tracking numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of the new retail DC stuff that is not poorly shot with randomized colors that blurr out the shots? How about the actual figures? I cannot find any picture updates since the first Matty panel.

Sorry, I meant the new ones like Batgirl, Hawkman, and an updated Penguin. Plus, what is the difference between the Batman and Superman in next year's stuff compared to the All-Star wave?

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    I am wondering why the watchmen just gets a subscription with out any credibility? Is it going to do that much better then the DC line?
    Its only 6 figures and it probably is being subsidized by DC Comics to help with the sales and promotion of the Before Watchman comic books. That would be similar to Voltron and Ghostbuster which means the cost to Mattel is less and the profit is greater.

If this line does decent expect a 2nd sub with them as they were originally (Early Watchman).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Do you think Silk Spectre is going to be in her movie costume or the original comic's costume? I'm thinking the later, but it would be awesome if she were in her movie costume, as Mattel would have a perfect body for Talia.

Do you think Silk Spectre is going to be in her movie costume or the original comic's costume? I'm thinking the later, but it would be awesome if she were in her movie costume, as Mattel would have a perfect body for Talia.
    I haven't even listened to anything that was said during Mattel's SDCC panel, but I'm positive it will be the comic version. Not only did the movie already have toys, the comic is far more popular & has never been done before.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Zero chance on her movie costume. Whole point of these is to release 6 inch versions of the comic for the first time.

A new question, and a little OT. What is this about Beware the Batman not having Joker and gang in it?

It's probably a similar issue to Green Lantern Animated not having Sinestro first. With The Batman DC saw that while it upset some fans that Batgirl came before Robin most people it didn't bother and it allowed them some time to develop her without people saying she's just a female Robin.

DC doesn't want to just rely on Batman and Superman, this was part of the reason for Batman Bold and the Brave to give other superheroes some spotlight time. Aquaman's actually more liked now then he has been in years for example, sure people still throw the jokes around but you don't see as much and you have more people defending him.

Also Batman Begins helped with this, while not as well liked as Dark Knight Rises, it gave characters who in the general public are completely unknown some visibility.

Another way to look at it, DC and even Marvel are actually going about things in the opposite way they tend to handle their lesser known characters. Usually it was lead with the most well known villains and then work your way down to lesser known till you get to characters comic fans barely know. They are starting with mid card characters and working up to the bigger names.

People do try to pick up comics like Batman etc but don't recognize the villains, because there are other ones than Joker....... Penguin/Riddler/Catwoman(who is or isn't) and a few others people are vaguely aware of. Btw where's King Tut? Other issues like it not being the exact same version is another issue, or a character they like happens to be currently dead or not featured. Wait they killed Nightcrawler? When did that happen, shortly after the movie came out? They don't stick around for the resurrection from those statements ~6 months later.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 18, 2012 at 03:41pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I get why Beware the Batman wants to highlight the obscure villains, but I think a lot of people are going to want to see that universe's takes on the big guns eventually. I don't have a problem with them starting out with the unknowns, but I think it's a little silly to say Joker et al. will never appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I get why Beware the Batman wants to highlight the obscure villains, but I think a lot of people are going to want to see that universe's takes on the big guns eventually. I don't have a problem with them starting out with the unknowns, but I think it's a little silly to say Joker et al. will never appear.
    How often has never truly meant never?

How often has never truly meant never?
    Exactly. That's why I think it's silly - I won't be at all surprised to see them backpedaling in a year. That said, I do look forward to hearing voices/personalities on some new villains - Professor Pyg et al.

Well that explains it. The reason I have two different DCU shipments is they charged me and shipped my sub twice.

On one order, they didn't charge me shipping since it was supposed to be combined with my MOTUC sub. On the other, they charged me shipping. So I call up Digital River to ask if I should just refuse the shipment of the one I was charged shipping on so I could get a refund when they received it, and the answer was, "Uh, I'll send this over to our subscription handler to look over this." DOH! That had nothing to do with my question and now I don't want to refuse the package just in case they tell me not to.

Oh yeah, and the best part is, this was from Kevin at the US escalation department number.

EDIT: So yeah, they just refunded me the shipping charges from the duplicate order... That really was not what I was asking. -_-
    Last edited by Dr Kain; July 19, 2012 at 11:55am.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    DC doesn't want to just rely on Batman and Superman, this was part of the reason for Batman Bold and the Brave to give other superheroes some spotlight time. Aquaman's actually more liked now then he has been in years for example, sure people still throw the jokes around but you don't see as much and you have more people defending him.
    I have always been an Aquaman fan, but the Brave and the Bold version elevated him beyond all my expectations. OUTRAGOEUS!

- - - Updated - - -

Well that explains it. The reason I have two different DCU shipments is they charged me and shipped my sub twice.

On one order, they didn't charge me shipping since it was supposed to be combined with my MOTUC sub. On the other, they charged me shipping. So I call up Digital River to ask if I should just refuse the shipment of the one I was charged shipping on so I could get a refund when they received it, and the answer was, "Uh, I'll send this over to our subscription handler to look over this." DOH! That had nothing to do with my question and now I don't want to refuse the package just in case they tell me not to.

Oh yeah, and the best part is, this was from Kevin at the US escalation department number.

EDIT: So yeah, they just refunded me the shipping charges from the duplicate order... That really was not what I was asking. -_-
    As long as you don't open it, you can bring it back to the office and have them return it to sender.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    As long as you don't open it, you can bring it back to the office and have them return it to sender.
    But can I trust Digital River to actually refund me when they get it back?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; July 19, 2012 at 04:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Exactly. That's why I think it's silly - I won't be at all surprised to see them backpedaling in a year. That said, I do look forward to hearing voices/personalities on some new villains - Professor Pyg et al.
    I think the reason they are saying that now is for to get those who are tired of seeing it focused on certain characters first. Get them on board and have them be your word of mouth to promote the show when it turns out to be good without the Joker. Then come up later and say the studio or toy company wanted to make a Joker figure/story and/or the fans have been asking for it to see our take on it. Mainly the 'fans' in this case are those who wanted him there in the first place.