Page 167 of 210 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Not sure if this has been discusse in previous pages. My apologies if it has.
    Last week I was returning 2 DCUC figures I bought at walmart at clearance and they rang up regular price at the very walmart I had bought them.
    Now take this as you will, but in the past I have noticed that when a toy line will no longer be replenished the prices keep falling on the clearanced figures until they are gone (for the most part). But if the price goes back up again means that they are set to receive more product. Just some food for thought.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Your Walmart sells DCU figures?

I haven't seen anything DCU related at any Walmart since June 2011.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Thanks for th pics Howlor, I had yet to see that. Have any pics of SPOILER surfaced online? I'm not buying a single DKR figure until I KNOW that all the Batsignal parts have hit major retailers.
    Funny you should ask. I just found this in a random search for something else on ebay:

What's curious is that he comes with the gas mask from Begins.

Now I just need a rerelease of the straight-jacket Scarecrow and a

Talia al Ghul
    and I'll have a complete representation of the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Starman
    Rocket Red
    Mirror Master
    Black Mask
    Poison Ivy
    Uncle Sam w/Dollman
    Elasti-Girl
    John Constantine
    Platinum w/Tin
    Lead
    Saint Walker
    Phantom Stranger
    Elongated Man
    Larfleeze
    Flash (Wally West)
    M. Mallah & the Brain

and a Watchmen Line!
    That's settles it I am getting a 2013 sub!

Rocket Red, Mirror Master, Black Mask, Poison Ivy, Phantom Stranger, Larfleeze, Flash (Wally West) AND M. Mallah & the Brain

WILL ALL BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also
    Is the Red Robin figure part of a wave? Or is it an exclusive?

JAG2045
    Last edited by JAG2045; July 23, 2012 at 06:18pm.
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    That's settles it I am getting a 2013 sub!

Rocket Red, Mirror Master, Black Mask, Poison Ivy

WILL ALL BE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    These ones are part of THIS year's sub - You can only get them day-of now. Except for Rocket Red - he's already sold out...

Mirror Master is in August, Black Mask is in September & Ivy is in October.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    Now I just need a rerelease of the straight-jacket Scarecrow
    I just put mine for sale on ebay MOC case fresh too, if your looking for him PM a offer bro
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Wow, I don't think anyone in Digital River communicates with each other. I got a message from UPS saying I need to contact them about my return of my duplicate DCU sub order I was charged and received. Last week, Brandon set it up so UPS would come by to pick up the package since I had to open it to switch the order invoices. Well, they did not give UPS their entire return address, nor did the put in my correct address, AND they locked it so UPS could not update the information themselves. So I email DigitalRiver stating this, and I get an email asking me why I need to return the order. I responded to the guy saying, "I already went through this with Brandom last week, I had a duplicate order. Do you not communicate with each other or have notes in your system? READ!!! It was a duplicate order and I want my money back, so give UPS a correct label for me!! It isn't rocket science."
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

ah......you believe the darkness to be your ally.....but you merely ADOPTED the darkness.......I was BORN IN IT!!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Question for you guys: if I started a petition on MattyCollector.com's forums for an alternate Mike Wieringo-inspired Wally West head (i.e. right triangles on the sides of the head instead of the squiggle-thingies), would you guys sign it? I'm wondering if there's enough support to get such a petition off the ground.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Nope because I am banned from Matty' s forums.

The DC sub might not even go through, I doubt they'll make another head.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The DC sub might not even go through, I doubt they'll make another head.
    Which is a shame because they clearly had their crap together this year, and it had th ebest reveals of the sub. Worst of all, this is the second time Larfleeze is going to get gyped.

Worst case scenario, all those figures get released somehow, either through the retail relaunch or at higher prices. By all I mean, at least Wally.

Awe man, we are so screwed. There is no way that thing is going to get that high in a week.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Why is the DC Universe sub doing so badly this time? I thought they had some good reveals?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It didn't do that well the first time around. The problem is the line has always been a line full of cherry picking collectors, with most people only getting figures they liked or something like Superpowers. The line had also gone on for 20 waves before DC decided to change direction of the universe, so most people are at a point of I want these 5 and I am done and don't really care about the other figures being released. Poison Ivy, Larfleeze, Wally West, Saint Walker, for example are the only figures I care about (that have been announced). Others have similar lists with a few replacements and only a few additions.

Add in people are having less space to display stuff, and there is still economic problems so buying stuff just to be a completionist is becoming harder for most people.

Add to that those who are aware are also aware of problems with the online service and the problems people have had. While they might be a minority, not getting a figure you were promised is not a minor little thing.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

How can you not want Phantom Stranger, Black Mask, and Monsieur Mollah? They are just as important as Saint Walker and Larfleeze. After all, what is the point of having a completed Doom Patrol if you don't have anyone for them to fight?

While I hated the 2012 lineup, I love everything revealed thus far for 2013. The only reason I haven't put in my order for a sub yet is because I'm wondering if the remainder of the year will be horrible choices like 2012. They would get a lot more sales if they just revealed the whole lineup for the year.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

We say that every year about every subscription. I don't think they can. At least it is better than last year when they only showed us three figures and then Scott had to just commit to Poison Ivy right then and there to boost sales, but they never showed us her until March of this year. And then of course, she ended up being the modern version not the classic version of her (I don't care either way, but its the point of the matter). All I know is that we are never going to get Granny Goodness, Doomsday, or Killer Croc from Mattel since this can't even make it even halfway to Tier 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How can you not want Phantom Stranger, Black Mask, and Monsieur Mollah? They are just as important as Saint Walker and Larfleeze. After all, what is the point of having a completed Doom Patrol if you don't have anyone for them to fight?
    I haven't gotten many of the villains in the line, sometimes it was because I couldn't find them others just a character or design I didn't care for.

Black Mask, I am not a fan of gangsters/organized crime and that aspect of Batman is one of things I don't like about him. It's one of those things I tolerate.

I am not up on Phantom Stranger

And I know you weren't really looking for an answer
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The showing at SDCC was really strong, and I think people who are fans of the classics aspect of the line should probably have faith in Mattel's overall character choices. What was revealed a few weeks ago is pretty much in keeping with the overall thrust of the line, and you can probably safely assume that the continued direction would be the same, albeit with a few oddballs in there.

I personally have no interest in Wally West as Flash, but I totally understand why people want him, and I'm prepared to 'take one for the team' ...similar to Starman/Boy this year. But if you're interested in the DCU at large, or Silver/Bronze/"Classic" styles (and/or GLC characters), my thinking is that you're probably going to be fairly satisfied with the lineup.

If I had to guess, I would think characters like Vixen, Huntress, Fire, Ice, Ra's al Ghul, Vandal Savage, other Flash Rogues and misc. villains are probably high on the shortlist. Indigo-1 is probably there too, given that all the other major players in the Rainbow Lanterns are accounted for.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It didn't do that well the first time around. The problem is the line has always been a line full of cherry picking collectors, with most people only getting figures they liked or something like Superpowers. The line had also gone on for 20 waves before DC decided to change direction of the universe, so most people are at a point of I want these 5 and I am done and don't really care about the other figures being released. Poison Ivy, Larfleeze, Wally West, Saint Walker, for example are the only figures I care about (that have been announced). Others have similar lists with a few replacements and only a few additions.

Add in people are having less space to display stuff, and there is still economic problems so buying stuff just to be a completionist is becoming harder for most people.

Add to that those who are aware are also aware of problems with the online service and the problems people have had. While they might be a minority, not getting a figure you were promised is not a minor little thing.
    At least last year had the whole "We were caught by surprise by the New 52" excuse. This year's turnout was even better! Wally friggin' West! If it wasn't for Poison Ivy, I wouldn't have gotten the 2012 sub. I would have cherry picked Jay Garrick, Ivy, Mirror Master and a few others. But this year has many more characters that I like.

Many fans collecting DCUC might not care about Mallah.

I think this line was in trouble as early as Wave 11. After people brought Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman and The Joker, it all started going south, with fans not caring about the C&C and cherry picking their favorites. After all of the main heroes and villains have come out, what's left? The Sea Devils? Just like MOTUC, it's $20 for characters you don't care about.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I believe each person has their own choice of characters they care about. I LOVE 2013's lineup so far, and I only started following DC a couple of months ago because I started reading the comic books again at my public library. Yes the line is pricing itself out of existence, but there is no way that mattel can make everybody's wish list of figures. Too many characters and variations.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    After all of the main heroes and villains have come out, what's left? The Sea Devils? Just like MOTUC, it's $20 for characters you don't care about.
    Bat Lash, El Diablo, Anton Arcane, Abigail Arcane, Quentin Turnbull, El Papagayo, Harbinger, and Monitor are major players in the DC Universe and they don't have toys yet.

Bat Lash, El Diablo, Anton Arcane, Abigail Arcane, Quentin Turnbull, El Papagayo, Harbinger, and Monitor are major players in the DC Universe and they don't have toys yet.
    Neither does General Zod ... and you'd think they'd want him in the 2013 sub because of the movie...