Page 168 of 211 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 5267

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yep, but supposedly they are going to do a Superman subline like Batman Legacy when Man of Steel hits theaters.

BTW, do you have to pay the full amount now for the Superboy/Miss Martian preorder? If so, how exactly is that a preorder?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    While I hated the 2012 lineup, I love everything revealed thus far for 2013. The only reason I haven't put in my order for a sub yet is because I'm wondering if the remainder of the year will be horrible choices like 2012. They would get a lot more sales if they just revealed the whole lineup for the year.
    I'm almost the opposite. There were/are three out of the 2012 lineup that I want(ed): The Flash, Poison Ivy and Constantine. The 2013 lineup has one announced so far, Phantom Stranger, that registers above a 0 on the 1-10 scale for me. And he's only at about a 3. There's precisely 0 incentive for me to subscribe. I'm sad that it'll probably go away and we'll only have the New 52 garbage from here on out, but wow is that lineup uninteresting. If that's the best that they're going to come up with for such an increased price, maybe it's for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I just put mine for sale on ebay MOC case fresh too, if your looking for him PM a offer bro
    I appreciate it, but money's going to be a little tight for the next little bit. Unless my wife gets one of the jobs she's trying for or the subs all go south, MOTUC and Watchmen has my toy budget maxed out for the foreseeable future.

I rate Phantom Stranger a 9 in my book. I love the character like I do with Spectre.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

If any of you are still on the fence about subscribing to the DC Infinite Earths 2013 subscription, please read the article I just wrote for the Fwoosh and then go subscribe!

I'm not buying the sub unless Brandon Routh makes a video telling me to support the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    If any of you are still on the fence about subscribing to the DC Infinite Earths 2013 subscription, please read the article I just wrote for the Fwoosh and then go subscribe!
    Excellent write-up illustrating all of the great reasons to support DCIE. After reading it, I would've signed up - but I already re-subbed!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It doesn't appear that the thermometer has moved at all in about a week, so far as I can tell, which means either:

A.) No one else is subscribing
    or
    B.) Matty hasn't bothered updating it.

It looks like all their focus is on MOTUC right now, so I'm not sure what to make of that...very little is being said about the DCUC sub.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    It doesn't appear that the thermometer has moved at all in about a week, so far as I can tell, which means either:

A.) No one else is subscribing
    or
    B.) Matty hasn't bothered updating it.

It looks like all their focus is on MOTUC right now, so I'm not sure what to make of that...very little is being said about the DCUC sub.
    Yeah, I wondered about that too. Did they update the thermometer last year? I can't remember exactly, but I think it just sat at the same level until they announced they hadn't gotten enough subscribers, but were going ahead with it anyway. Kind of not the point of showing a thermometer...

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Yeah, I wondered about that too. Did they update the thermometer last year? I can't remember exactly, but I think it just sat at the same level until they announced they hadn't gotten enough subscribers, but were going ahead with it anyway. Kind of not the point of showing a thermometer...
    The thermometer was a joke last year. Its updates were sporadic at best.
    My assumption is that they'll be able to justify no unique tooling, but I'd be really shocked if they just throw their hands up and walk away if we don't hit the minimum. As a JLU collector from the beginning, at least as far as DC goes, Matty's not too good at bluffing. (JLU has been 'over' any number of times.) I wouldn't be surprised to hear a "well, we didn't make it, but we're going to move ahead anyway", but we're going to see a minimum of effort from them.

I just hope that if anything, they just go ahead with the six figures they revealed. After all, they are probably already in production since Mattel needs at least 7 months to produce a figure (or so Scott claims).

Actionfigureinsider.com's Geek's Shall Inherit podcast (Episode 34) had some interesting news on Watchment. The packaging sounds very cool! It's going to look like a book in the Absolute style, I guess. There will be some original art with them too.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Well, at least there's one sub that doesn't have to worry.

I have to wonder, if the DC sub falls through - what DC does Mattel have? There are what, a total of ten DCUC figures, mostly DCnU, coming to retail. There's the Batman Movie stuff, which will be gone by late fall, and that 'evergreen' Batman line. Everything else is kaput now, no?

I really wish I would know for sure if Mattel was going to can the DCU sub. If it does get canned, I want The Watchmen sub, but I don't want to take the chance of getting the sub and then the DCU one somehow pulls through at the last minute. I can only afford Watchmen or DCU, not both, and I already subscribed to the Watchmen one.

Next up, what is the difference between All-Star New 52 Batman and Superman and the DC Unlimited New 52 Supermand Batman (or whatever the Batman line is going to be called)?

EDIT:

So I just got this email from Matty. Oh my god, these people are... they are pretty much a corporation of Homer Simpson. I just got this email from them:

Thanks for ordering from MattyCollector.com. At your request, we've initiated a return request authorization. This authorization will expire in 30 days. We want to make sure you're properly credited, so please return the product(s) on or before the Return Due By date below.

Here's a summary of your return:

Um...

Returned On:
    Friday, 07/27/2012 at 10:30 A.M.
    Left At: Dock
    Signed By: BRENT

I still have yet to be refunded, but seriously, what is wrong with this company?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; August 3, 2012 at 07:50pm.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just got a BROKEN TDKR SDCC figure from Matty today.

Called about a replacement, and its still OVERSEA's. Is scott joking? He said they had a US call center now!

The girl had no idea if they have customer service stock. Just that the figure would be sent out and they might replace it in a few weeks. MIGHT!?!? Seriously? Id keep it for that matter and customize it. This is unaceptable.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

At least you didn't get a broken $75 God of War Kratos Play Arts Kai figure today from a store that does not allow refunds or exchanges. I am ****** right now.

Prime is way too tall.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Sad that the Superboy/Miss Martian set is Made to Order and while thats not to bad, on top of that if a certain number isn't reached they won't make it at all.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

It's looking like the DCUC sub made it. The thermometer eked over the minimum mark at some point last night. No official announcement yet that I've seen, but Toyguru was responding early this morning over on Matty. I'd expect something soon.

It's looking like the DCUC sub made it. The thermometer eked over the minimum mark at some point last night. No official announcement yet that I've seen, but Toyguru was responding early this morning over on Matty. I'd expect something soon.
    Last night? It had to be this morning. I was on there at 7:45 when I go up, and the thermometer was at 90%ish. As such, I figured it would not make it and went to order The Watchmen sub, but before I could complete my order, it told me it was unable to process my order, meaning, they closed the sub while I was in the midst of ordering. To my surprise, an hour later, someone told me the sub had made it. How it reached 20%ish in less than 3 minutes is beyond me.

so glad i have the dc direct version.

That's really weird because I checked matty at lunchtime and it was below the level 1 mark but now its just gone over.

Im happy we will be getting Wally West/Phantom Stranger etc but i'm upset it looks like we wont get a 2014 line

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    That's really weird because I checked matty at lunchtime and it was below the level 1 mark but now its just gone over.

Im happy we will be getting Wally West/Phantom Stranger etc but i'm upset it looks like we wont get a 2014 line

JAG2045
    Why would there be no 2014 line? That 2nd level was for a fully tool'd figure in the 2014 line, not the 2014 line itself.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered the sub. Hopefully I can get enough fans together for a Mike Wieringo Wally West head and get Elongated Man's colors changed to his JLI version.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Yup, the sub is a go. So we're good for the next year, but I'm sure we'll be right back here again come next July.

Still, that's another 13 figures we've got coming, so better than nothing. Plus whatever makes it out at retail, but I suspect that will largely be DCnU A-Listers. (I cannot wait to get my hands on that SP Penguin, though!)