Page 173 of 208 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

  1. #4301
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well, it is a MOTU forum, not a Batman site
    We're all geeks here. And for a geek to have not read THE book that changed comics as a whole is like a preacher saying "Book of Revelation? What's that???"!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Strangely, I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately, bigcountry. This is the first Batman figure that I will purchase. Hands down, the best Batman GN ever published. Excelltent story.

    And don't read some of the sub threads... You'll find plenty of people that haven't read Watchmen. And many who have that don't understand why people would want comic inspired Watchmen figures...
    Two comics that did more to change the medium than any other works...pity that they could have been missed out on!


    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Honestly, I haven't read either of them, but I do know of them. & also, I always thought that the DKR version of Joker kinda looked like Walken.
    Then his figure should come with MORE COWBELL!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Absolutely fantastic stories. Well worth borrowing them from the local library. Well worth buying them in my opinion, but definitely check them out. They are both in my top five graphic novels...
    They should be owned by everyone that can afford it!


    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Well if Batmans head co es off you could put the Flipshot Val Kilmer head on and have a Bruce Wayne figure.b
    Brilliance!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  2. #4302
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,246
    WOW, looks like he jumped right outta the comic! I'ma have to get me that beefy sucker - serious nostalgia right there. Of course...not for most of the reasons that a lot of you folks probably have! My dad just had TDKR on his bookshelf along with another book collecting classic Batman stories, and I used to flip through them all the time. And anyone who knows TDKR probably wouldn't let thier youngins flip through that! I was lookin' through that thing before I could fully read - IT WAS NUTS. I mean, back then. NO idea what was going on for awhile. Superman was dying (to my eyes, at least) and Batman was old and beating the ever-loving crap out of him. To this day I still love that story mostly because I thought it was insane and I had no idea what was going on. I mean I've read it since then, but somehow I still like to think of it as the most confusing and scary Batman comic I ever flipped through.

    Totally gettin' this figure.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  3. #4303
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Oh god, I'm passing on anything taken from Batman RIP. That was one of the worst Batman stories I have ever read.

    BTW, another Batman based off the Injustice gang was revealed along with New 52 Wonder Woman. Three Batmans in one wave is OVERKILL!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  4. #4304
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    anyone else having Batman the Animated series flashbacks from the "Legends of the Dark Night" episode and hearing Michael Ironsides voice when u look at that figure? lol...

  5. #4305
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    If that's a motuc body. Why isnt it $25.00. Not that im complaining. But whats up with that.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  6. #4306
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,635
    Actually that Batman has one of the coolest story lines ever.

  7. #4307
    Heroic Warrior Jii Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    If that's a motuc body. Why isnt it $25.00. Not that im complaining. But whats up with that.
    .........................really? Welcome to the magic that is "retail release = less cost per figure". You know....that very concept that ToyGuru has been hammering on about since the line began to explain the higher cost? That thing that more specifically he has been going out of his way to re-iterate of late to explain the recent price increases?
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you haven't seen ANY of TG's recent videos, or his Q&A sessions or the SDCC Mattypalooza panel or...anything?
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

  8. #4308
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    .........................really? Welcome to the magic that is "retail release = less cost per figure". You know....that very concept that ToyGuru has been hammering on about since the line began to explain the higher cost? That thing that more specifically he has been going out of his way to re-iterate of late to explain the recent price increases?
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you haven't seen ANY of TG's recent videos, or his Q&A sessions or the SDCC Mattypalooza panel or...anything?
    I have seen it all. But we get screwed again. That's all my point is.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  9. #4309
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    WOW, looks like he jumped right outta the comic! I'ma have to get me that beefy sucker - serious nostalgia right there. Of course...not for most of the reasons that a lot of you folks probably have! My dad just had TDKR on his bookshelf along with another book collecting classic Batman stories, and I used to flip through them all the time. And anyone who knows TDKR probably wouldn't let thier youngins flip through that! I was lookin' through that thing before I could fully read - IT WAS NUTS. I mean, back then. NO idea what was going on for awhile. Superman was dying (to my eyes, at least) and Batman was old and beating the ever-loving crap out of him. To this day I still love that story mostly because I thought it was insane and I had no idea what was going on. I mean I've read it since then, but somehow I still like to think of it as the most confusing and scary Batman comic I ever flipped through.

    Totally gettin' this figure.
    Absolutely. The first time I read TDKR it blew my mind. It came out in an era when most Batman media was Adam West and Super Friends. It made you wonder how far you could go with a comic book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    anyone else having Batman the Animated series flashbacks from the "Legends of the Dark Night" episode and hearing Michael Ironsides voice when u look at that figure? lol...
    Awe, man, you hit the nail on the head. Besides Over the Edge, Legends of the Dark Knight is probably the best episode to come out of the New Adventures of Batman series. It was also to name of a toy line and comic book at that time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    We're all geeks here. And for a geek to have not read THE book that changed comics as a whole is like a preacher saying "Book of Revelation? What's that???"!!!

    Two comics that did more to change the medium than any other works...pity that they could have been missed out on!

    Again, preaching the truth. How can you give your opinion of a figure if you don't know it's source? Again, just coming into a thread and announcing to everyone "I have no idea what this is so I don't like it." Your credibility is shot.

    And to have never read Dark Knight Returns? You'd think after seeing Burton's Batman in 1989 people would have rushed in droves to read it. It's in libraries now for crying in the sand. Saying in defense that this is a He-Man forum really paints a bad picture of He-Man fans. Like we have no other interests. I'm a big MOTU fan but I seem to be able to get out from under my rock once in a while.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  10. #4310
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I have seen it all. But we get screwed again. That's all my point is.
    Not in any way, shape or form. The actual body shape has nothing to do with the pricing. It's all about how many they make. The more you make, the less it costs to make.

  11. #4311
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,249
    Just for the record, the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh was NOT created by Grant Morrison - it goes, way, way back to an old Silver Age story, and was actually featured in an episode of Brave and the Bold. (voiced by Kevin Conroy, no less.) Morrison brought the concept back in a different way for RIP.

    I am thrilled they're making it - I can't wait to pick it up, and it'll be a nice chance for people who missed out on Bat-Mite the first time.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  12. #4312
    Heroic Warrior Super-Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    121
    Totally love it. Would be sweeeeeeet to get the TDKR Superman.
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

  13. #4313
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    I know. But still that's a $25.00 motuc figure at the end of the day. I'm glad they are cheating. Make no mistake I'm not complaining at it's price. Just saying that's a $25.00 motuc figure.

    I do hope to get a Superman, Robin, and a Joker figure as well. Then it would really make it speacil.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  14. #4314
    Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,443
    @ Big Country, honestly, I can actually see Joker coming with a cowbell, it would almost seem fitting, as a joke.

  15. #4315
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    46

    Read TDKR

    All right... as many have pointed out, Batman's face sculpt is based on Miller's drawings, hence the look. But I'm astounded at how many people on here have not read "The Dark Knight, Returns." Don't get me wrong. Not everything Miller writes is gold. However, a few folks on here seem to qualify all of his work in a less-than-stellar light without ever reading his earlier good stories. "The Dark Knight Returns" is outstanding, as well as "Batman: Year One." Before making up your minds on anything, you should at least be informed on it. So go read it. If you dislike it, then say whatever you want to say. But don't say something is bad without having read it. That's just demonstrating your ignorance.

    As far as this toy version of Batman, being a MOTUC fan, I love it and hope to see Superman added to the mix.
    Last edited by Spyder121; August 11, 2012 at 02:29pm.

  16. #4316
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Just for the record, the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh was NOT created by Grant Morrison - it goes, way, way back to an old Silver Age story,
    Yup, Batman #113 from 1958.



    and was actually featured in an episode of Brave and the Bold. (voiced by Kevin Conroy, no less.)
    That was awesome.



    I am thrilled they're making it - I can't wait to pick it up, and it'll be a nice chance for people who missed out on Bat-Mite the first time.
    Me too. I don;t collect DC figures, but I'll absolutely be getting The Dark Knight one, and very likely the Zur-En-Arrh.

  17. #4317
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Now that they've used a MOTUC buck for a DC character, I hope they do it again & make a Warlord figure.
    I sure would like to see that happen!!

    The WARLORD would fit in perfectly with MOTU characters!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  18. #4318
    Court Magician McMOTU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Boy View Post
    Now you can take Sir Laser-lot, take the chest jewel out, insert a "S" logo on the chest, change the head and hand for a human one (like Flipshot, with painted black hair), and you got a Superman...

    DC in invading ETERNIA!!!
    The real story behind Sir-Lasor-Lot!

  19. #4319
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,794
    that hawk man is beautiful!

  20. #4320
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Boy View Post
    Now you can take Sir Laser-lot, take the chest jewel out, insert a "S" logo on the chest, change the head and hand for a human one (like Flipshot, with painted black hair), and you got a Superman...

    DC in invading ETERNIA!!!

    You wouldn't even need to use Flipshot's head. With a little customizing you could take a Superman head in the styles of Ed McGuinness or Jim Lee or Ed Benes or even Frank Quitely from DC Direct and put it on a MOTU body. But, I'm sure if we wait it out we'll get a Superman with an awesome 4H MOTU body.


    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I sure would like to see that happen!!

    The WARLORD would fit in perfectly with MOTU characters!
    Adding Warlord to the MOTU line sounds like a match made in heaven.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  21. #4321
    Heroic Warrior Mistico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Meridian, ID
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder121 View Post
    All right... as many have pointed out, Batman's face sculpt is based on Miller's drawings, hence the look. But I'm astounded at how many people on here have not read "The Dark Knight, Returns." Don't get me wrong. Not everything Miller writes is gold. However, a few folks on here seem to qualify all of his work in a less-than-stellar light without ever reading his earlier good stories. "The Dark Knight Returns" is outstanding, as well as "Batman: Year One." Before making up your minds on anything, you should at least be informed on it. So go read it. If you dislike it, then say whatever you want to say. But don't say something is bad without having read it. That's just demonstrating your ignorance.

    As far as this toy version of Batman, being a MOTUC fan, I love it and hope to see Superman added to the mix.
    Funny thing about people mentioning "Batman: Year One" over and again, I KNEW that title sounded familiar! So I went though my graphic novels and found it! Right next to my "Batman: The Killing Joke"! This is AWESOME! Now to find "The Dark Knight Returns" and add it to my collection. Batman has always been my favorite DC character.

    EDIT: Just found & bought TDKR from Amazon. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Mistico; August 11, 2012 at 03:48pm.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

    My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

  22. #4322
    Heroic Warrior stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alternia
    Posts
    1,814
    i love it. ordered two for me and a friend. can't wait!!!

    oh, and if they are using motuc parts for other figures, wouldn't tha make more money for motuc? either lowering motuc costs and/or providing more income for tooling/accessories?
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  23. #4323
    Heroic Warrior Jii Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    i love it. ordered two for me and a friend. can't wait!!!

    oh, and if they are using motuc parts for other figures, wouldn't tha make more money for motuc? either lowering motuc costs and/or providing more income for tooling/accessories?
    Which if it were possible is one reason why I would 100% suppose the use of motuc parts for other lines. Anything they can do to lower tooling costs is good news for everyone.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

  24. #4324
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I have seen it all. But we get screwed again. That's all my point is.
    Oh come on dude...read an economics book or something that can explain production costs to you.

    It has nothing to do with getting "screwed"...it's a matter of "make more=lower cost per piece". How is that getting "screwed"?
    Last edited by Larry Waters; August 11, 2012 at 04:49pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  25. #4325
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I know. But still that's a $25.00 motuc figure at the end of the day. I'm glad they are cheating. Make no mistake I'm not complaining at it's price. Just saying that's a $25.00 motuc figure.

    I do hope to get a Superman, Robin, and a Joker figure as well. Then it would really make it speacil.
    No, IF it were a MOTUC figure produced at MOTUC quotas, it would be $25. But it's at a much higher quota, so it cost them less to make.

    I don't know if you just lack comprehension skills, but it's pretty straightforward.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •