Page 174 of 208 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    No, IF it were a MOTUC figure produced at MOTUC quotas, it would be $25. But it's at a much higher quota, so it cost them less to make.

I don't know if you just lack comprehension skills, but it's pretty straightforward.
    I'm still shaking my head at how one cannot understand this simple concept...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Hey, that's a 30th anniversary figure I would have rather had than Spector.
    ----------------------------------------
    I HAVE... ...THE FLOUR!!!
    ~WUN-DAR

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    anyone else having Batman the Animated series flashbacks from the "Legends of the Dark Night" episode and hearing Michael Ironsides voice when u look at that figure? lol...
    that episode is based of the DKR this figure comes from so i imagine it would

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I have seen it all. But we get screwed again. That's all my point is.
    I know. But still that's a $25.00 motuc figure at the end of the day. I'm glad they are cheating. Make no mistake I'm not complaining at it's price. Just saying that's a $25.00 motuc figure.

I do hope to get a Superman, Robin, and a Joker figure as well. Then it would really make it speacil.
    No its a DCU figure made in larger numbers, If you buy a can of soda for dollar at a store that has a six pack of soda for 5 you wouldn't say "hey this can should be 83 cents!". the larger the order the cheaper the price, the cheaper they pay to make the cheaper they charge us a consumers.

QUICK! Someone look! Are his shoulders backwards???

----------------------------------------
    I HAVE... ...THE FLOUR!!!
    ~WUN-DAR

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm still shaking my head at how one cannot understand this simple concept...
    Not everyone can be as savvy as ya 'll on economics bro. No need to be mean big country. For the record I personally understand what you mean.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I sure would like to see that happen!!

The WARLORD would fit in perfectly with MOTU characters!
    I have been waiting for this myself... seems like a no brainer!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Snappy Threader
    Looks amazing, and if it is closer in scale, I don't care if they used MOTUC parts or not. Bring on Superman......

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    That horrible constipated face on the MOTUC Batman is based on the art work for the Dark Knight Returns, a series originally published in 1986 written and drawn by some guy named Frank Miller.......Probably one of if not the greatest comic series ever published.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It changed Batman ever since. Plus the animated movie is coming to DVD/Blu-Ray soon.
    I'm beyond amazed at the number of people in this thread the haven't read The Dark Knight Returns...

"Ugly face..."
    "Too big..."

I pity your lack of great-comic reading!!

Next, I'm going to find out that nobody has ever read Watchmen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    What is a Watchman???

Alot of people don't read anymore that's sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Have you guys even read the Dark Knight Returns? He may not have been that ripped but he was definitely that big. Batman was a big, hulking demon in the Dark Knight Returns. Big Country is right, maybe the most important Batman story in the last 30 years and we have people in a Batman thread who have never read it. Yet they feel compelled to let us know how little they know about Batman by dissing how he looks. Boggles the mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Hands down, the best Batman GN ever published. Excelltent story.
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Absolutely fantastic stories. Well worth borrowing them from the local library. Well worth buying them in my opinion, but definitely check them out. They are both in my top five graphic novels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Oh, & I agree with Piccolo, both Lh & DV are GREAT reads, so is the other Batman comic, by them, can't remember what it's called, atm, but I have it, somewhere.
    We're all geeks here. And for a geek to have not read THE book that changed comics as a whole is like a preacher saying "Book of Revelation? What's that???"!!! Two comics that did more to change the medium than any other works...pity that they could have been missed out on! They should be owned by everyone that can afford it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Absolutely. The first time I read TDKR it blew my mind. It came out in an era when most Batman media was Adam West and Super Friends. It made you wonder how far you could go with a comic book. And to have never read Dark Knight Returns? You'd think after seeing Burton's Batman in 1989 people would have rushed in droves to read it. It's in libraries now for crying in the sand. Saying in defense that this is a He-Man forum really paints a bad picture of He-Man fans. Like we have no other interests. I'm a big MOTU fan but I seem to be able to get out from under my rock once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder121 View Post
    All right... as many have pointed out, Batman's face sculpt is based on Miller's drawings, hence the look. But I'm astounded at how many people on here have not read "The Dark Knight, Returns." Don't get me wrong. Not everything Miller writes is gold. However, a few folks on here seem to qualify all of his work in a less-than-stellar light without ever reading his earlier good stories. "The Dark Knight Returns" is outstanding, as well as "Batman: Year One."
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well, it is a MOTU forum, not a Batman site
    I am an unrepentant non-DC and only casual MOTU fan, but even I bought and read The Dark Knight Returns. I heard that it was a masterpiece and bought it to see what the hype was all about. I got to say it was well deserved. I'm one of the last individuals to recommend a DC book but this one is worth at least a read if not a purchase.

As for the figures, as much as I like the story, I don't really feel the need to own the figure. Great for those that want one but it's not for me.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 11, 2012 at 08:28pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks cool, if that bat symbol is just a paint app rather than sculpted in to the chest it might make for a good broader waisted / armoured character

The Dark Knight Returns is the single greatest comic book ever created. Daredevil Born Again is a close second....TDKR revolutionized comics bigtime. Anyway...if you haven't read it you should

As for the figure, I am already sold

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I am an unrepentant non-DC and only casual MOTU fan, but even I bought and read The Dark Knight Returns. I heard that it was a masterpiece and bought it to see what the hype was all about. I got to say it was well deserved. I'm one the last individuals to recommend a DC book but this one is worth at least a read if not a purchase.

As for the figures, as much as I like the story, I don't really feel the need to own the figure. Great for those that want one but it's not for me..

Support the line!
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

What's the name of this figure?! Where can I buy it? I can't use toys r us website cause I'm Italian and I know they don't ship internationally!

OK, so they're making a Dark Knight Returns Batman with a MOTUC buck. OK, Now I want a Dark Knight Returns Superman! with the same use of the MOTUC buck!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I totally understand economics, supply and demand. I did go to collage.

Ok. I understand it's a dcuc figure higher production lower cost. But it's a motuc buck that would cost the motuc fan $25.00. That's all I'm saying.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    This will be the first Batman figure I'll buy for my own collection in many years.

The head/facesculpt is spot on. I would think everyone here loves Frank Miller due to 300. And Robocop2.

Okay, maybe I'm alone in my knowledge Robocop2 is one of the best sci-fi movies of all time...

I totally understand economics, supply and demand. I did go to collage.

Ok. I understand it's a dcuc figure higher production lower cost. But it's a motuc buck that would cost the motuc fan $25.00. That's all I'm saying.
    It is NOT just a buck.

It's a buck, and a newly sculpted head, gauntlets, greaves, cape, etc...

It's paint apps and packaging.

So no, I'm sorry, it's nowhere NEAR being the same thing.

Which Collage did you attend? Was it a family picture collage? Or a sporting events collage?
    Last edited by Larry Waters; August 11, 2012 at 10:29pm.
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

It is NOT just a buck.

It's a buck, and a newly sculpted head, gauntlets, greaves, cape, etc...

It's paint apps and packaging.

So no, I'm sorry, it's nowhere NEAR being the same thing.
    But so would a motuc figure. Find out how many of these are made vs. a motuc figure being made. Hey maybe the production of the motuc is more at a higher cost. I don't know and I know you don't. Cause Mattel dosent kiss and tell. But they already have more then half of this batman finished using motuc parts. So yea that right there can help the cost being lower.

Dude I'm not fighting with you. Im saying my piece and that's the end of my end. You have the right to disagree and please do so. It's your god given right.

But it's still a motuc figure. Buck. Toy. What ever you want to call it.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

So if this can happen, why can't DC budget money or resources be diverted to MOTUC? If DC utilizes these parts then Mattel Management should be finding more ways to do this and justify MOTUC's continued existence. I at first didn't think it was the same until I looked really close and the musculature in the legs and shoulders are identical. I wish they would do more characters in this manner as well.

But so would a motuc figure. Find out how many of these are made vs. a motuc figure being made. Hey maybe the production of the motuc is more at a higher cost. I don't know and I know you don't. Cause Mattel dosent kiss and tell. But they already have more then half of this batman finished using motuc parts. So yea that right there can help the cost being lower.

Dude I'm not fighting with you. Im saying my piece and that's the end of my end. You have the right to disagree and please do so. It's your god given right.

There is opinion and then there is the hard reality of production. Factories charge less the more figures are ordered to produce. A figure with higher production numbers is cheaper then one with lower production numbers. Mattel has clearly said many times that the MOTUC figures are their lowest produced figures. So it is safe to assume that a Batman figure sold in stores across the nation has a much larger production number. Therefore they are cheaper.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

That's pretty dope. I want one.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I like the Dark Knight Returns version, but what about Kingdom Come, Flashpoint, Vampire Batman, and Batman Inc Batman?? Then again, forget the Batmen, I just want my Ras'al Ghul and Talia!!!!! That is all I ask. Give me those two and I will buy every version of Batman Mattel wants to release, even the Adam Fake version.
    Nothing would make me happier than to have a super-articulated, 4HM-sculpted Kingdom Come Batman and Bat Knight (possibly a CnC figure?). Why this was never done in the six years we've had the DCSH/DCUC line, I have no idea. Instead we got Sinestro Corps Batman.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

You are arguing, actually.

"I think that just maybe all of the laws of production and supply and demand cease to exist on the doorstep of the factory in Japan where the MOTUC figures are produces and there, they're produced even more than a retail DC figure for MORE than the DC figure."

Arguing poorly.

Collage....yep!

Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    There is opinion and then there is the hard reality of production. Factories charge less the more figures are ordered to produce. A figure with higher production numbers is cheaper then one with lower production numbers. Mattel has clearly said many times that the MOTUC figures are their lowest produced figures. So it is safe to assume that a Batman figure sold in stores across the nation has a much larger production number. Therefore they are cheaper.
    This.

Mattel pays per figure production run to the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    So if this can happen, why can't DC budget money or resources be diverted to MOTUC? If DC utilizes these parts then Mattel Management should be finding more ways to do this and justify MOTUC's continued existence. I at first didn't think it was the same until I looked really close and the musculature in the legs and shoulders are identical. I wish they would do more characters in this manner as well.
    I doubt they would but how do you know that didn't happen? plus DC already gave MOTUC retail shelf time with the two packs (they were DC Universe excluisves, thats how they made it to shops) seems to me Motu owes the DC department more then one buck or a bird

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Which is funny because he was not even a comic accurate SC Batman.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.