Page 190 of 208 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Which I don't get; when they made orange Luthor, they re-did the lantern with no handle (which I believe required a new mold), and even made a point of pointing out that they did it to make it correct to the comics. Not sure why they wouldn't re-use that mold after making it special for the orange battery...
    The handle is there to remind us how many of the Lanterns can't hold their own lantern cause it's a funny joke.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

1966's Batman TV Series Joker first look:

photo 2_zpsd54be785.jpg

photo 1_zpsf25c2333.jpg

Most of all I want the Batmobile, but I'll try to get all these figures. I do hope Mattel may sell them at local stores here
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

Most of all I want the Batmobile, but I'll try to get all these figures. I do hope Mattel may sell them at local stores here
    Looking at that reveal it looks like he's wearing a diaper and it might be full I'm glad I have zero interest in any of these.

am i the only one getting a Tim Curry vibe of this thing!?!?!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I love it! You can see the shadow of Romero's mustache on the lip, just as Mattel said!

For someone who grew up on the show, these are pure nirvana. Now what do we have to do to get Tut-Tut?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I love it! You can see the shadow of Romero's mustache on the lip, just as Mattel said!

For someone who grew up on the show, these are pure nirvana. Now what do we have to do to get Tut-Tut?
    Here's hoping he's in Wave 2!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Snappy Threader
    New frustration for me.....I have a DCUC sub, and all of the offerings really aren't doing much for me. I actually got the sub for my kids, because they were heavy into DCUC, but the figure selection is really bad.....I mean, really bad. I won't be DCUC subbing again.....

^ I almost subbed, but decided to pass, as 3 subs would have been alot to handle along with playing catch up on MOTUC. Kinda glad I didn't because I only want Mallah, Huntress & maybe Larfleeze so far.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    New frustration for me.....I have a DCUC sub, and all of the offerings really aren't doing much for me. I actually got the sub for my kids, because they were heavy into DCUC, but the figure selection is really bad.....I mean, really bad. I won't be DCUC subbing again.....
    Thats kinda the problem with a DC sub there are far more characters a factions then anything MOTU can offer. I personally have really enjoyed this year and lasts but i love the more obscure DC characters as much as i love the mains Elongated man is responsible for one of my all time favourite comic panels, saint walker is great, wally i love ... red hood i really want cause i love morrisons batman run, but i can see how this is a line strong on cherry picking and how the line goes ahead despite weak subs, i think matty knows its DOS with this line but its different people with each figure for the most part, unlike MOTU were its the same cherry pickers just in different numbers

I did not subscribe either since most figures were not a big deal for me, especially oversized ones, but I do really hope that Huntress shall not be some sort of DCUC sub exclusive ala Fangman is for MOTU.

BTW, have you seen Mattel DC SDCC exclusive 66's Batman Batusi?
    Last edited by Rhanen; March 25, 2013 at 11:44pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What do you mean? Phantom Stranger, Saint Walker, Larfleeze, Elongated Man, Wally West Flash, Huntress, and Fire are all must have characters.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I did not subscribe either since most figures were not a big deal for me, especially oversized ones, but I do really hope that Huntress shall not be some sort of DCUC sub exclusive ala Fangman is for MOTU.

BTW, have you seen Mattel DC SDCC exclusive 66's Batman Batusi?
    Just looked it up and that it is fantastic. He danced like that is far too many episodes and it's perfect!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What do you mean? Phantom Stranger, Saint Walker, Larfleeze, Elongated Man, Wally West Flash, Huntress, and Fire are all must have characters.
    I wish I felt the way you do buddy. Huntress yeah, Phantom Stranger maybe.......Don't need another Flash, literally have 7 already. I know, I know, this is Wally West Flash, but so can be one of the others...ha. To be fair though, I can't really say who I would want in the sub......no interest in more colored lanterns.....Elongated Man was a must, I'm just not a fan I guess.....idk, I would love to see more Golden Age stuff, maybe some fun sub exclusives...I think maybe they might just be hitting the bottom of the barrel. I LOVE DC by the way. Love it. Well pre-new 52 stuff anyway.....My second favorite toy/comic behind MOTU.....just haven't seen much to excite me lately.....

Personally, I could have lived without Wally as Flash - when I get him, he's going right in the variants box, but I can't complain about his inclusion...far too many people have been asking for him for too long, and he's a logical variant, so I can't begrudge his fans. I do wish they'd not given him a monthly slot, but rather, found some other way of getting him out there, but it's not a huge deal for me.

Other than that, I'm completely happy with the character selection we've seen thus far. I do wish they'd gone a different direction with Red Hood (using the Mr. Terrific body with jacket), but otherwise I have to agree with Dr. Kain on this one - Elongated Man, Phantom Stranger, Fire, Huntress, Captain Marvel Jr., and M. Mallah & The Brain are all classic characters that fill holes in the collection...heck, now we have a complete Satellite-Era-JLA. I know the Rainbow Lanterns aren't everyone's cup of tea, but personally, it's good to have Saint Walker and Larfleeze.

I would like to see more villains, though, and hope we see a few in the last remaining slots of this year.

Really, at this point, they've done just about all of the A, B, and C-list characters. Those few that remain - Ice, Vixen and Ra's al Ghul come to mind, are probably on the short-list, as we've discussed. Once you get beyond them, the remaining characters are all more generally obscure, and I think everyone has a legitimate claim...but as they're not as 'main', then I think you'll see more of some people being really happy with them, and others feeling their wish lists aren't being tagged.

For example, as I've probably said before, I'd absolutely want a Zauriel figure. More Batman villains of any era, or Flash rogues, etc. I know a lot of people want to see Johnny Thunder or Ma Hunkel, or the Chief, or more members of the LOSH (I hear Dawnstar's name a lot). And hopefully they'll all get made - but the only way we're going to see any of them is through the sub, which I think is doing a pretty good job of trying to plug the major holes and finish out the line. I just think sometimes you have to deal with one or two figures you're not crazy about to get the ones you do want - which in a way is not dissimilar from having to buy a figure in a wave you don't really want to get the C&C part.

The selection is a very good one. Of course with that said my plans this year were only to pick up Saint Walker, Larfleeze, and Huntress.

while I love Captain Marvel never got into Marvel Jr. Fire is a cool figure etc, but as I am trying to cut down on spending this year a pass for me. The others are all great but fall into the same realm as fire. I would love to see a Ra's and Indigo 1 to finish off the leaders of the Rainbow Corps. I probably should have gotten two Atrocitus one to keep packed and one to open like I did with Walker. But I have also debated opening up my DCUC figures. I just live a in dusty place and cleaning a plastic bubble is so much easier than an actual action figure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I would agree. I think the character selection has been really good for DCIE in both 2012 and 2013. It feels like Mattel is really adding characters to help complete teams that fans have wanted for a long time. I think this will be considered the best DC action figure line ever in terms of depth and consistency of style. It's something DCD/DCC has not strived for even though they have been doing it much longer.

I have sold most of my Mattel DC figures, but only because I am getting into the Sideshow Premium Formats and I just don't have the space to display 200+ action figures so something had to go. They were all boxed up and I don't think I would ever have a place to display them so now some other collectors can enjoy them. I have kept a few of my favorites though (Metal Men, Etrigan, Dead Man, Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Uncle Sam, Phantom Stranger)

Well, for me, yes, I'd like them all, but I only have about 20 DCUC guys, so I'm not cherry picking, I'm cherry prioritizing.

Hard to justify Saint Walker & Phantom Stranger when I don't have personal favorites like Lobo, Deathstroke, Black Adam, Joker, Harley, etc. Now if they put 2 CAC's in next years, I'm sold. Huge sucker for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Well, for me, yes, I'd like them all, but I only have about 20 DCUC guys, so I'm not cherry picking, I'm cherry prioritizing.

Hard to justify Saint Walker & Phantom Stranger when I don't have personal favorites like Lobo, Deathstroke, Black Adam, Joker, Harley, etc. Now if they put 2 CAC's in next years, I'm sold. Huge sucker for those.
    I have a similar scenario, so I can easily pass on Phantom Stranger & Red Hood, I do want Wally, Freddy & Huntress (most of all) but the refusal of the sub for me are the large size figures. Monsieur Mallah looks cool, but I don't have any Doom Patrol characters yet, and it is quite pricey.
    Now, if they have sold the sub with an oversized Doomsday, that would have been different
    Last edited by Rhanen; March 27, 2013 at 08:00am.

My feedback thread

besides the Adam West Batman stuff the only figure I would want it a LARGE Doomsday and the DKR batman.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I don't have personal favorites like Lobo, Deathstroke, Black Adam, Joker, Harley, etc.
    Uh, just because you don't have them doesn't mean everyone doesn't.

Anyway, when it comes down to Wally, I cannot wait to get him, but yes, I would have preferred someone else like Ras, Talia, Vandal, or The Shade in his place.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Uh, just because you don't have them doesn't mean everyone doesn't.
    Uh....Okay?

I really don't understand. Are you asking a question, or are you confused as to what my post said? What does what you, or anyone else own have to do with my decision to sub? Oh yeah, nothing. You quoted the middle of a sentence, out of context and are now what? suggesting I should have subbed anyway because you own a Mad Love 2 pack? Uh nah, I'm good. Maybe in a movie year.

I didn't bash subbers or the character selection. I simply stated MY reason for not subbing. I even said I would like them all, but buying my favorites first takes precedence.

So, basically, whats your beef, Stu?

Because you were making it sound like they never released any of those characters.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    "Must have" may be a little strong, but Mattel is at least keeping their word about trying to complete teams. Except for Huntress (who is still a highly requested figure), all of the others here add to teams/groups that have laready been started (JLA, JLU. Lantern Corps leaders, etc). Captain Marvel, Jr. also fits that bill. Even oddballs like Red hood still fit under the Bat Rogues, so we really are team building as we were told we would.

We do need a few more Legionairres, though, if another big set isn't in the offing...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Snappy Threader
    Because you were making it sound like they never released any of those characters.
    Easy fella. CO just meant he couldn't justify (to himself, personally) subbing and paying for characters such as Saint Walker and Phantom Stranger when he is still missing Lobo, Deathstroke, Black Adam, Joker, Harley, etc from his personal collection. I have to say though, to me, the characters released aren't must haves. To some they are...but to me...no way. That's why I can't justify subbing again next year. I get the finishing out teams, but to me, the teams they are finishing aren't worth my money. I am however happy that those friends of ours like yourself are getitng characters they really want. That being said, I really can't think of any character that would be must have for me at this time...>Sgt. Rock maybe...he would be cool.

That being said, I really can't think of any character that would be must have for me at this time...>Sgt. Rock maybe...he would be cool.
    I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a Sgt. Rock figure. I know DCD made one over 10+ years ago, but I think he'd be a pretty easy sell in the retail line - or at least he would have before it got canned. I'm also surprised we never saw Blackhawk...I know Toyguru's a fan of his, and he worked him into the JLU line. I have the DCD figure, and he's not at all a priority of mine, but I had figured he'd have shown up by now.

The only other members of the LOSH about whom I've heard any quantifiable fan chatter are Dawnstar and Mon-El - not to say they mightn't make others, but are any of them really in demand? (My LOSH awareness is somewhat more limited than the rest of the DCU.)

I wonder if it might not be a good idea for Mattel to revisit the two-pack concepts - except instead of going to obscure characters, doing themed sets to supplement the sub, and finish out those teams. Ra's & Talia, Doc Magnus & Chief, Johnny Thunder & Thunderbolt, etc. - even one a quarter could go a long way...especially for characters who might not be strong single-carded sellers.