Page 192 of 211 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Okay, then where are Grifter, Voodoo, Fatality, N52 Green Arrow, N52 Hal, Stormwatch, Static Shock, Helspont, Zealot, Talia (you know, Damian's mom, the lady who has been through the comics a lot)?
    I'm sure Hal & Ollie are on the short list. Talia falls into the stereotypical fear of non-household name females at retail. (Serously, if the only way we got Poison Ivy was an online series, there's no way we'll ever see Talia at Target) As far as the rest, with the exception of Stormwatch, none of those characters currently have a monthly book, so we'll get more Super-Bats figures before they even consider Grifter et al

And I can blame Mattel because they can easily tell DC no.
    Do you understand how licensing works? The license holder (DC) basically has final say over what Mattel produces. That's how DCUC was run-Mattel brought a character list to DC for approval before they could even start sculpting/planning assortments. I guarantee you DC doesn't give 2 craps about Wildstorm characters. They only keep them in their stable to keep Jim Lee content...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    But they aren't even utilizing DC characters currently in the comics like Jason Todd, Starfire, Bat Lash, El Diablo, Batwoman, any of the dudes from Batman Inc, etc. All they are doing is giving us Batman repaint 2099, cartoon Batman that should have his own toyline, video game characters that should have their own toyline, etc. I wouldn't have as much of an issue if they were giving us 5 figures in a wave, but when it is only 2-3 figures, it is getting ridiculous. Outside of Aquaman in the next wave, there isn't anyone else until Damian hits at the end of the year (if he even comes out) that I plan to get. I'm not wasting my money on any of the Injustice figures, especially when they look hideous and lack articulation, and I don't care about cartoon versions of characters. I want actual characters. Why not give us Red Son Superman or Flashpoint Batman, both of which tie into either the Injustice game or The Flashpoint Paradox? Or TDKR Joker and Superman to go with the Batman they just gave us? It's because Mattel has gone deedeedee.

Nevertheless, it is so nice at how limitless this line is to the DC universe.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 10, 2013 at 12:38am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Just found DKR Batman and Planet X Batman on Friday. Both figures are really nice (although DKR Batman's batarang was really warped in packaging. I love the articulation on DKR Batman and how easily removable his head is!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm starting to think this line really is done if they're doing reprints all ready.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I need to say this straight up, excluding the Injustice stuff, Larfleeze is by far the worst DCU figure I have ever seen. The lack of any sort of bicep swivels really really hurts this figures on a massive level. For a figure that Mattel has made us wait this long for, he was not worth it. His arms are horrible. And like Saint Walker, his ankle joints have NO motion at all. What is the point of the ankle joints if you can't even do anything with them? Then you have the quality control, which is very poor. His lower legs, upper pieces to his thigh swivels, and arms are a completely different shade of orange from his torso and upper legs/lower thighs. *** is Mattel doing to this line? Then I have paint flakes all around his joints. I've seen bootlegs with better quality than this. I'm sorry, but to those who complain about people buying them early off ebay from Chinese sellers, there is absolutely no difference in the poor quality you get with those than there are with the final product. This figure is a travesty. In fact, outside of Phantom Stranger, this entire year has been a joke. Saint Walker was extremely limited in his articulation. Elongated Man was missing way too many accessories. And then we have Flash next month that seems to have absolutely NO accessories, not even those lightning bolt things. Mattel, get your ****ing act together or just tell us you are done with the line because it clearly shows you aren't even trying anymore!!!!!!!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    No frustration here.

I picked up Moe Tuck Batman today at my local comic shop.

Haven't opend him up yet but he doesn't look as beefy/bulky as he did in the pictures.

Just picked this guy up... he is so MOTUC. You can change his head with all the other figures as well, so he blends in perfectly. His arms and legs are MOTUC, he has new gloves and boots, and his torso is a lil wider, but he is MOTUC nonetheless. It will be cool if more DC guys come out in this scale... I love putting the Val Kilmer Flipshot head on Batman here!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I picked this Batman up yesterday. He is awesome! This is how DCUC vs MOTUC should have been in the first place. I hope for a coresponding Superman.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; April 21, 2013 at 11:36pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Just a general FYI - I merged the Batman-on-MOTUC-buck into this thread.

BBTS got my Planet X Batman in. He's sitting in the pile of loot for now, but I'm really looking forward to getting him.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I picked this Batman up yesterday. He is awesome! This is how DCUC vs MOTUC should have been in the first place. I hope for a coresponding Superman.
    agreed 1000%

- - - Updated - - -

got my MOTUC Batman too, Target in Canada has them if any canadians are on the hunt.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Cool how many people want a MOTUC-buck Superman. I think it'd be great too. I they'll even use TP He-Man's closed fist (or one "like" it at least).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Hell, I don't want just TDKR Superman, but I also want Joker and Carrie Kelly.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    For those of us wondering, AFI has the scoop on the '60s Catwoman figure, and it will be Julie Newmar!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...twoman-figure3

AFi66Catwoman11.jpg
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Man of Steel wave 2 pics. Armored Zod looks great.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...5059&start=150

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    however face sculpt looks amazing!
    Ironic, as that's the only thing I don't like about it. Seems really "cartoony" to me, like more than it needs to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    For those of us wondering, AFI has the scoop on the '60s Catwoman figure, and it will be Julie Newmar!
    Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Sweet Lord! That is a my dream come true figure!
    I have a crush on CatWoman since I was a kid and mainly because of Ms Newmar.
    Julie Newmar Catwoman... I love it! I never buy just a single figure from a line, but for Ms Newmar I'll make an exception!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Man of Steel wave 2 pics. Armored Zod looks great.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...5059&start=150
    Those can't possibly be Movie Masters. They look horrible and the articulation looks to be missing.

66 Batman line looks to be amazing... I know that FiguresToys are doing their Mego styled 66 batman line as well... so unsure of what to buy at this point!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Holy injustice Batman!!!! I don't think my TRU is ever going to restock their DCU stuff for a looooooooooooooooong time:

Yes, those are ALL Injustice Batman...

BTW, am I missing something or is nobody reviewing the DC sub figures lately? I mean, Pixel Dan hasn't done anyone since Saint Walker. No one seems to have reviewed Larfleeze at all, but we'll have stupid advanced reviews on wrestling figures and of course MOTUC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saw the New 52 Darkseid today at a comic store, looks a lot better than online pics. I'm considering picking up the justice league chairty 7-pack.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Holy injustice Batman!!!! I don't think my TRU is ever going to restock their DCU stuff for a looooooooooooooooong time:

Its for a promotion regarding the release of the game, just in case you were wondering why he flooded TRU. He is free if you buy the game, so they kind have to have that many
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

if I buy that 7 pack I can write it off as a charitble donation can't I??

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

BTW, am I missing something or is nobody reviewing the DC sub figures lately? I mean, Pixel Dan hasn't done anyone since Saint Walker. No one seems to have reviewed Larfleeze at all, but we'll have stupid advanced reviews on wrestling figures and of course MOTUC.
    TRU got so many Injustice figures because they are free with purchase of the Injustice game. My TRU already ran out of all of theirs becuase of that sale. They had to give me a New 52 Superman since they ran out of Injustice figures so quick.

As for reviews, I just posted Mallah and New 52 Wonder Woman at the beginning of the week. Those are the most recent I have received. Mattel doesn't always send out every DC figure for review. Plus I know right now their stock of samples is low becuase Chinese NEw Year was holding up a lot of their shipments.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Larfleeze is kind of funny, he is missing the rotate at the bicep, but has a double elbow, but not a double knee, and has a hinge for at his wrists. Other than that standard articulation for the figure. I haven't opened mine yet. Was too busy opening other things and about to leave.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The Injustice Batman pile up makes sense, but that means my TRU will not restock their DCU figures for at least a year now as those will never move. Hell, look at how many they had in the picture. And they should have advertised it better because I went to Gamestop to buy the game and never once saw any advertisement for TRU deals, only the one Walmart had.