Page 200 of 208 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well I spent the day reorganizing my DC shelves so I could group the figures by years. Well, most of them, as there are some exceptions. However, as you can see in the pics, I have a 30s/40s shelf, 50s/60s, 60s/70s, Jack Kirby, 80s, 80s/Super Powers, 90s, 00s, and then the shelf with the N52 figures on top are just random things like other variants, some more DC Direct stuff, customs, and other stuff I'll be getting rid of sooner or later.

And you can see close ups if you want via the Sideshow version here: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Dr...ction%208%2013
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ok. Where are you hiding your Megator?
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    It makes me really sad. I love DCIE, but the character choices confounds me.

That interview on Action Figure Blues was really good. They really bring up some great points, especially when it comes to character selection. I particularly liked how they called Scott out on Batzarro and how they tend to blame the fans for the line's performance. They did it professionally without making it personal, and their discussion really resonated with me.

I don't want to see DCIE end, but Mattel refuses to change their strategy on this. Their stubborn refusal to approach things differently is what is going to end the line.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    It makes me really sad. I love DCIE, but the character choices confounds me.

That interview on Action Figure Blues was really good. They really bring up some great points, especially when it comes to character selection. I particularly liked how they called Scott out on Batzarro and how they tend to blame the fans for the line's performance. They did it professionally without making it personal, and their discussion really resonated with me.

I don't want to see DCIE end, but Mattel refuses to change their strategy on this. Their stubborn refusal to approach things differently is what is going to end the line.
    That's because Mattel doesn't give a damn about the line. Their 2011 SDCC presentation showed that. Their character selection does not make sense at times, nor does their reasoning.

Okay, Scott says they can't do Mera because she requires a fully tooled body. Uh hello, what about the previous 60 years of Mera? All they need is a female buck, Star Sapphire's collar, and a new head. BOOM DONE!!!

He said they didn't have a budget to do the proper Red Hood. HOW?! All they had to use was use Jack Knight's legs, Mr Terrific's torso and arms, and give him a new head. Wow, that was so hard.

I get why they can't do Granny Goodness, and as much as it sucks, it is understandable. However, this Doomsday scenario is utter crap. They had 22 chances to do Doomsday as an oversized BAF. Instead, they chose to do wastes like 90s Despero, Apache Chief, Nekron, etc.

And then the screw ups like not doing the Cheetah they advertised. Not giving Terry his wings. Messing up the gold Dr Fate and then making promises to get him corrected. Gummy limbs, bad paint jobs, bent limbs due to assnine packaging decisions, etc. And let us not forget the joke of Gentleman Ghost with Giganta's pieces. I was lucky enough to find the entire Giganta set at one time, but I never saw GG again after that and it was a massive headache for many people. Hell, I experienced that head ache with the first Walmart set until they sold it on Matty.

I love what Mattel did with the line as a whole. I love that they went above and beyond to bring us such rare characters. However, I don't get some of their variants, or rather, some of the variants they did not do. Why not do a white variant of Raven in her own wave? Why not have Beast Boy in a red and white costume variant for his wave? Oh, but there was no problem doing Lantern versions of all of the main characters. Oh, but they couldn't give us a N52 GL or Cyborg, because that would have made sense. Instead, they had to do a piece of **** Miniseid and a repaint of Injustice Batman. Hell, they had a perfectly good opportunity to give us a Zod figure with MoS out, but nope, they want to do Injustice and Arkham Origins figures.

Their sub characters make no sense. We should be getting characters we do not have at all. Instead, they give us crap like 90s Aquaman and 00s Superboy. Those are figures that should have been made when there was a retail line. Those are figures that should only be given as quarterly variants. Those are NOT figures we should have to be forced to get in the sub. They may have been highly requested, but that was before the sub became the only way for the line to continue. I would have loved to have a 90s Kyle, but not anymore. I don't want him now that the line is pretty much over with.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; August 13, 2013 at 12:56am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

DCC offering 52 Shazam and a new versions of the Crime Syndicate.

And they still look like toys from 1997.

When is DC going to realize they need to start including articulation with these things?

The Crime Syndicate use the new super articulation.

I subbed this year to DC because I wanted Mallah. The containment suit Doomsday doesn't interest me and I know that would be the one made because it seems most DC collectors aren't all in. Especially with 50%+ of the figures having been done by DC Direct or DC Superheroes. Plus the $25-$30 price tag is crazy steep for such a small, no new tooled parts, no accessories toy.
    If the subexclusive had been unleashed Doomsday, I would have subbed. Or if all 3 of the inital figures were ones I wanted. But so far, all I'm planning on buying is Ice.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    AFI just posted their answers o'the month from Matty, and there's some bad news of us who collect the 1966 line...it looks like the only figures in this line will be the ones of which we already know. I'm very happy to be able to have those, but I am a little disappointed in no Batgirl, Freeze, Egghead, Tut...
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    AFI just posted their answers o'the month from Matty, and there's some bad news of us who collect the 1966 line...it looks like the only figures in this line will be the ones of which we already know. I'm very happy to be able to have those, but I am a little disappointed in no Batgirl, Freeze, Egghead, Tut...
    Wow, no Batgirl really leaves even the basic cast majorly incomplete, but I understand that isn't Mattel's fault. I'm surprised they've already decided to end the line before it's even hit the pegs. I had a feeling the need for individualized tooling and lack of potential re-use was going to give Mattel problems.

Oh, well, there's still hopefully the Figures Toys Mego versions coming out; maybe we'll get a better variety there.

As for the classics line, I really see no way forward if the subs don't hit the mark. I get the very strong impression DC wouldn't mind at all any reminder that there was something before the new 52 go away right now, so I think this is it for anyone who wants anything from the full 75 years of DC that Mattel got the license for (kind of feel for Mattel if DC is indeed now saying, "You bought the rights for everything, but we're only approving stuff from the past couple years because we want to shove our egofest down everyone's throat" as I've strongly suspected for some time now).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Wow, no Batgirl really leaves even the basic cast majorly incomplete, but I understand that isn't Mattel's fault. I'm surprised they've already decided to end the line before it's even hit the pegs. I had a feeling the need for individualized tooling and lack of potential re-use was going to give Mattel problems.

Oh, well, there's still hopefully the Figures Toys Mego versions coming out; maybe we'll get a better variety there.

As for the classics line, I really see no way forward if the subs don't hit the mark. I get the very strong impression DC wouldn't mind at all any reminder that there was something before the new 52 go away right now, so I think this is it for anyone who wants anything from the full 75 years of DC that Mattel got the license for (kind of feel for Mattel if DC is indeed now saying, "You bought the rights for everything, but we're only approving stuff from the past couple years because we want to shove our egofest down everyone's throat" as I've strongly suspected for some time now).
    I will likely buy an extra Joker and see if I can customize an Egghead out of him.

If there is no sub next year, and no other offerings, then it looks like I'll be pretty much done with DC, which may be the first time since I was in grade school that was true - in that gap between Super Powers and the 1st Batman movie. I've been picking up the DCC Arkham City figures, but the new Origins ones aren't really grabbing me, so unless there's something City-related, I don't see myself getting it. No '60s line, no movie, JLU is over and done, so if no DCUC/IE stuff, I guess that's pretty much it. (Or if Imaginext makes anybody else in the DC line.) I have absolutely no interest in the DCnU. The sooner they get around to their next 'crisis' and undo it, so much the better. If that doesn't happen - well, no money from me. (I haven't bought a new DC comic since DCnU began.)

And with four days to go, and only 38% of the way, I think the line's dead in the water, unfortunately.

Oh, that's disappointing. I saw they're taking orders for officially licensed 1966 Batman Halloween costumes and one of them was Batgirl. I was hoping that was an indication her figure was on its way. Boo.

Last edited by ksensor; August 15, 2013 at 05:20pm.

Honestly, the designs are so simple for these figures, I can't understand why they weren't mego style dolls to begin with.

And Mattel probably cancelled the line early to create a buzz so that people will think they're rare. Their little games are getting tiresome. I collect good action figures, not rare ones.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 15, 2013 at 06:22pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Just bought my 2014 sub, not even sure if the meter will be reached but I really want the line to continue

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

lol

I decided to redo my 30s/40s shelf since I am not keeping a Batman specific one right now:

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So it was just announced on Matty that Damian Wayne will be part of the 2014 sub. 3 days left and sitting at 38%, that should've been announced weeks ago. May be too little, too late.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    So it was just announced on Matty that Damian Wayne will be part of the 2014 sub. 3 days left and sitting at 38%, that should've been announced weeks ago. May be too little, too late.
    Just saw that; unsurprising move. The sub seems to be turning into "figures we had lying around". It's going to have to make a huge jump in the next three days, though.

I ordered my 1 sub on Tuesday, but unless Matty pulls another "we missed the minimum but went ahead anyway" move, I can't see this even hitting much more than 50%. Has been a good ride since the original 4H Batman line, but that'll cut me down to just MOTUC. And I'm OK with that.

Just saw that; unsurprising move. The sub seems to be turning into "figures we had lying around". It's going to have to make a huge jump in the next three days, though.
    Didn't Neitlich mention in a podcast that they still weren't sure about making him even recently, and he'd have to be an end-of-year figure? That might be why they held off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Didn't Neitlich mention in a podcast that they still weren't sure about making him even recently, and he'd have to be an end-of-year figure? That might be why they held off.
    They were waiting to get approval from DC...or that's the rumor.

Damian is just another reason for me not to buy a sub. I hate him with a passion.

If I thought my one sub would make a difference I might buy one but at 38% it hardly seems that way.

No, that can't be right we have to blame Mattel or Scott for every thing wrong with the line. I have started to wonder how much of a problem Star Wars is hasbro and how much is/was Lucasarts.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

sadly it looks like DC won't go through with it that low.

Hopefully they could make the figures shown, including both doomsdays.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Damian being in has sold me on the sub. I would rather have a classic character, but I'll take him (too bad they couldn't replace Superboy with Damian). I'm so sick of this bs though that Mattel has to go through licensing before they can tell us who is coming even though they said the licensing is the first thing they have to do ahead of time, and the subs need to be lock in over a year prior.

To be fair... People ******* and moaned about him being cancelled so I wouldn't say that action was about something they had lying around.

Despite what site I am on, I am more of a DCUC fan than MOTUC. If DC does end, it will be a few MOTUC (Especially Mara if she happens) and then my toy money goes exclusively to Funko MLP vinyls, Figma, and other random JP toys. DCD can keep their bad sculpts and horrible scale issues.

I actually like Damien. I thought he was an interesting variation on Batman having a son. Much better than a kid in a Batman costume who goes on camping trips with Bruce, Clark, and Clark's identical-looking son. I think the one DC character I don't want is Scandal Savage.
    Last edited by MrBear; August 17, 2013 at 02:05am.