Page 201 of 210 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't get the love for Scandal. Is it because she has boobs?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It occurs to me Damien could have a Classics figure before Talia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't get the love for Scandal. Is it because she has boobs?
    I guess. I keep confusing her for X2 honestly.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

To be honest, as much I love Talia, I will never expect Mattel do ever do her. It sucks because all they have to do is take the Catwoman mold, giver her a new upper torso with the zipper down and a new head. Or they could just use Raven's body and give her a new head. Or, do business Talia like she was in Hush, with a white button shirt, make a new head for her and Lois, and then share the body.

Hell, they should just take Hasbro's mold for Black Widow and give her a new head.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I just put in my order for a sub.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Talia doesn't make sense, I understand avoiding civilian versions of characters and characters more like Lois Lane, Alfred etc but Talia actually gets in on the action quite often. Also she was prominent in recent media.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Talia doesn't make sense, I understand avoiding civilian versions of characters and characters more like Lois Lane, Alfred etc but Talia actually gets in on the action quite often. Also she was prominent in recent media.
    Supposedly civilians were coming in the sub. I guess TG hinted at Lois and Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
    Supposedly civilians were coming in the sub. I guess TG hinted at Lois and Gordon.
    But we already had Gordon. I don't care if he is not comic accurate, we don't need him.

Secondly, that was also before Damian was decided to be in the sub. As such, Damian probably replaced Lois since Gordon will be an easy figure to make.

When did we have Gordon? If you mean Movie Masters he is too small.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Business Suit Luthor would be an easy one...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'd actually love a modern, civilian Lois Lane figure. They could (theoretically) add a Krypto or Mr. Mxyzptlk pack in, a la Bat-Mite.

I know civilians aren't everyone's cup of tea. I have most of the civilian characters I'd want through DC Direct - Alfred, Gordon, Jimmy Olsen & Perry White. They never did a Lois I liked though - I wanted one that didn't seem dated, as opposed to '40s/'50s style, or in a costume.

I can see the appeal of Doc Magnus or the Chief, but I could also easily live without them.

All that said, though, I don't count Talia as a civilian, and would love to see her in the line.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

When did we have Gordon? If you mean Movie Masters he is too small.
    It's still Gordon.

Anti-Monitor is too small, but it is still Anti-Monitor. Rocket Red is too tall, but it is still Rocket Red. Starfire is too short, but it is still Starfire.

Subs now at 51%, anyone think matty will use this to justify "we got just enough subs to go through"?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Interesting that the DC sub jumped 13% - perhaps that's due to Damian, but it seems weird that suddenly it has a jump larger than that of MOTU's in the same amount of time. (I remain somewhat dubious about the whole thermometer strategy, though. ) Anyway, the sub would have to about double in the next ten hours to qualify. I tend to doubt that can happen, but who knows - as others have stated, maybe they'll push it through (again) anyhow, and just raise the day-of-sale costs.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I think even if it makes it to 100% you are going to be definitely looking at higher DoS and probably higher overall costs next year. The interest just does not seem to be there.

MOTUC at the time of me writing this just needs a tiny boost to make it over the top, DC needs a hail mary.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think even if it makes it to 100% you are going to be definitely looking at higher DoS and probably higher overall costs next year. The interest just does not seem to be there.

MOTUC at the time of me writing this just needs a tiny boost to make it over the top, DC needs a hail mary.
    Maybe Mattel should actually do stuff to advertise the sub and what not instead of focusing 99% of the time on MOTUC. There is not a single ad or blurb in any DC book about it. There is nothing on DC sites, DC facebook pages. They expect fans to advertise for them for free and do their jobs for them because they don't have to pay fans a cent. In fact, fans pay them to advertise because then they buy the products.

Oh yeah, and better character selection. I mean, look at me. I did not sub until yesterday and that was really because I am in a DC mood right now and I want Damian and Ice.

It's still Gordon.

Anti-Monitor is too small, but it is still Anti-Monitor. Rocket Red is too tall, but it is still Rocket Red. Starfire is too short, but it is still Starfire.
    It is a different toy line/scale so I don't count it. Just like I would not count that DC Direct garbage. It is sad that something as prolific as DC can not sell a subscription but MOTU can.

I bought a sub today. Things look bleak, but we can only hope that the MOTU sub goes well and Matty and DC take mercy on this line...

I'm guessing everything shown so far will somehow become available if the sub doesn't go through but I'm really curious what the heck Matty can do (or is willing to do) with DC in order to sell it on Matty. More massive sets like the LoSH set?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

58% with 5 hours to go. Farewell DCUC. Was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm guessing everything shown so far will somehow become available if the sub doesn't go through but I'm really curious what the heck Matty can do (or is willing to do) with DC in order to sell it on Matty. More massive sets like the LoSH set?
    No, that was considered a failure, remember?

Don't ask!

Playing around with the 16x9 option on my camera:

Last edited by Dr Kain; August 20, 2013 at 12:31am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Subbed up last minute. I've been with this line since 2008, 2007 if you include the DC SH line, it would be sad if it just ended, so even though I'm not a fan of most of what they showed - I only like Ice and Doomsday, I subbed.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

But we already had Gordon. I don't care if he is not comic accurate, we don't need him.
    Nonsense. That's like saying that we don't need the upcoming Ra's Al Ghul figure because we already have the Liam Neeson version from The Dark Knight Rises.

Different scale, different source material, completely separate toylines.

So, what happens now with DCIC Sub ending in 62%? I did sub at last minute yesterday since I feel DC non made characters touching my conscience
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

What happen now is **** MATTEL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    So, what happens now with DCIC Sub ending in 62%? I did sub at last minute yesterday since I feel DC non made characters touching my conscience
    If we're lucky, we'll get the 4 2014 regular figures shown. Possibly one or both Domsdays as pricey SDCC items. Being that far off, there's no way they'd push this through. We'll either get what was shown, some of what was shown, or nothing at all...

Was this line so irrelevant for Mattel? I mean, I see Marvel Legends variety of characters and interpretations plus the special collections of Spider-Man, Iron Man, Avengers and stuff and I can't believe Mattel could not made some schedule for characters such us:

Zod
    Prometheus
    Damien Wayne
    James Gordon
    Brainiac (80's remade or new version)
    Anarky
    Sandman (Gaiman,if feasible)
    Zauriel
    Granny Goodness
    Aqualad/Temptest
    Impulse
    Connor Hawke (GA son)
    Mad Hatter
    And so more many....
    Last edited by Rhanen; August 23, 2013 at 11:06pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread