Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    These Super Powers repaints should have been included in MOTU vs DC. The line might have lasted a few more years.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior

love the super powers reveals......

I had been wanting these for years. So for me thus is a dream come true. I will pick up two sets of each so have one for dusplay and one moc. I have to say this certainly makes dcuc feel more complete andvsatisfying. Really now we are getting mxyz the only three missing characters im sad we will never get are garth, speedy and bronze age supergirl.

Highly articulated, 6" animated Batman figures!

And what a great job of not letting articulation hurt the sculpt one bit!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=...edium=facebook
    Last edited by BCI Guy; February 19, 2014 at 10:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Actually, TG pretty well explained that. If the sub had gone through, with 12 figures to spread costs over and a sure level of sales, they could have done Myx with a straight re-paint of Supes. Now they have only 6 figures and no sure sales, so we get an overpriced Myx. It's not a great deal, but I can actually see the reason behind it.
    Um...yeah. I know. Not sure why you feel like you needed to explain that since I obviously watched the video and it still doesn't change the fact that they're charging full price for something that was created as an accessory. There is no amount of explaining that can change the fact that it is beyond, "not a great deal," it's incredibly shady.

Heroic Warrior
    Just when I think I can stop collecting dc figures these come out. I will end up buying all of these dang it.

Best Deathstroke figure ever made. He lives up to the hype. Tons of detail in sculpt, paint, and articulation that rivals Origins Bats. I'm going to get a second or third one once he hits retail, might give Origins lower torso to the 52 one. The weapons from the cheap Mattel version also work with him, sometimes better like the heftier staff.

Mattel vs DCC

52 vs Origins

Deathstroke Corps

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    Um...yeah. I know. Not sure why you feel like you needed to explain that since I obviously watched the video and it still doesn't change the fact that they're charging full price for something that was created as an accessory. There is no amount of explaining that can change the fact that it is beyond, "not a great deal," it's incredibly shady.
    I explained because I still don't see how it is "shady." He was originally planned to be in a full year's worth of figures with sub numbers supporting it. With only six figures and no sub level sales, it's now has to be a separate figure in order to be made. It's not how I'd like it to be, and it may not be worth the asking price, but there's nothing "shady" about it. Shady is promising you a bunch of stuff on Grayskull and then changing their minds. This is a questionable deal, but they are up front about it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Looks good, but I'd be a lot more excited if this was the original, rounder BTAS Batman. That look was the center of my Batman animated toy collection as a kid.

Updated: Looked up the story. I'd probably at least pick up that 1st series look Catowman. I'll judge as more reveals go on.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope that BTAS line takes off! We can get Superman and Justice League figures...and no going through Matty or Target dropping the ball!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's not what I'd have wanted for SP Kalibak. He had a very different costume. This just doesn't interest me even as a SP fan.
    We were never going to get a second sculpt of Kalibak - that's been obvious since he was originally released as a CNC. Considering the limitations of strictly doing a repaint (with his SP weapon!), it's about as close as you could get actually.

I'd trade all of this for the proper Doomsday they were supposed to make.
    Do you mean the 2nd tier 'unleashed' version? They didn't get anywhere near the number of subscribers they needed to cover the costs of making that thing. It's a shame, too. They could've sold a 5-pack of repackaged DCUC Supermen to go with it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Looks good, but I'd be a lot more excited if this was the original, rounder BTAS Batman. That look was the center of my Batman animated toy collection as a kid.

Updated: Looked up the story. I'd probably at least pick up that 1st series look Catowman. I'll judge as more reveals go on.
    From what's been said, I'd be very surprised if we didn't get the earlier Bats, maybe as soon as the second series, which I think they said was going to lean more toward BTAS. I would have liked these a bit more in a slightly smaller scale (fully articulated 5" figures could have gone along with all the old Batman animated stuff from Kenner), but these do look like they balanced the style and some good articulation quite well. I'll likely be getting at least some of these (some of the later cartoon re-designs would be an easy pass; the stick figure re-do of Catwoman was almost painful to look at).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Best $25 ever spent from DCC! He's super articulated and a huge improvement from the previous Croc, taller, and much more fun to play with. Only wish he had an articulated jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    We were never going to get a second sculpt of Kalibak - that's been obvious since he was originally released as a CNC. Considering the limitations of strictly doing a repaint (with his SP weapon!), it's about as close as you could get actually.

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...bakLoose1a.jpg
    http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...rs-Kalibak.jpg

Do you mean the 2nd tier 'unleashed' version? They didn't get anywhere near the number of subscribers they needed to cover the costs of making that thing. It's a shame, too. They could've sold a 5-pack of repackaged DCUC Supermen to go with it.
    I may have confused you by saying "supposed to," which was only my insistent way of saying they should have made a CnC Doomsday figure in DCUC long before we got to this tier system which failed. I'm very aware we didn't make their second tier, though that failure is all on Mattel, not fans like me who more than fulfilled our obligations by subbing even when we got crappy character choices in 2013. They shouldn't have waited so long and honestly should have made making a real Doomsday a given, not a carrot that they now CAN'T make without removing the incentive for any future subs.

As for Kalibak, I think you are wrong that it was "obvious" they wouldn't ever make a real SP Kalibak, but regardless that wasn't what I was saying I expected at this point. I was saying it's the only realization of an SP Kalibak that is worth seeing or buying. I could add a disclaimer that that's only my opinion, but I did so in my previous post. Closest I'll ever get? I'm not a begger, I'm the buyer. Sell me what I want or the merchant can suck an egg. That this is good enough for some fans at $30 each is sad to me but I'm within my rights to say it's not for me.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I may have confused you by saying "supposed to," which was only my insistent way of saying they should have made a CnC Doomsday figure in DCUC long before we got to this tier system which failed.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, Doomsday - the good version haha - is something I've been wanting since DCUC exploded onto the scene. I'll never understand why we got all of the related Supermen (including black suit recovery Supes), but not the bad guy. He was definitely on my short list of figures I wanted in DCIE, especially toward the end. I guess they thought that 3 announced figures and the Doomsday carrot would be enough to motivate people. I wonder if the work 4H were putting into Grayskull kept them from having more DC figures ready to unveil...

As for Kalibak, I think you are wrong that it was "obvious" they wouldn't ever make a real SP Kalibak, but regardless that wasn't what I was saying I expected at this point.
    My thinking on using the word 'obvious' is because no CNC or BAF that I can think of has ever been re-sculpted and re-issued - except for ML Apocalypse. And that was more about scale than a redesign. So that's what I was thinking when I said it was obvious we wouldn't get a newly sculpted CNC Kalibak. DCIE was all about desperate parts reuse (cough Batzarro cough). And that makes me sad, because I don't understand why they didn't just make a SP-true Kalibak to start. They clearly had an SP road map in mind, so it makes even less sense.

Closest I'll ever get? I'm not a begger, I'm the buyer. Sell me what I want or the merchant can suck an egg. That this is good enough for some fans at $30 each is sad to me but I'm within my rights to say it's not for me.
    That goes without saying. And I'm fully within my rights to say I think it's the closest we'll ever get to a SP Kalibak, and I'd rather own it than not. That being said, $180 plus shipping for 6 figures is a ton when I only want SP Batman and the CNC parts - especially with all of the toy subs currently ongoing. Blech.

Hook Hand Aquaman is on sale from Matty http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...0#.Uyd5u_l_uSo

Got my order in, hopefully the other ones will be available after early access

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Hook Hand Aquaman is on sale from Matty http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...0#.Uyd5u_l_uSo

JAG2045
    Now you can recreate Kate Beaton's "Hark a Vagrant!" Aquaman comics!

JAG2045
    Just from the pictures on Matty it looks like they did a pretty nice job sculpting him.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Brazil? (off hand I don't remember)

I've seen pictures of it. They made the Riddler using Hal Jordan Green Lantern body.
    It was Argentina
    (If someone didn't already answer this )

Heroic Warrior

Been forever since I added any DCUC figures to my collection, but with some of my tax retun I scored Dark Knight Returns Batman, Planet-X Batman, Super Powers Penguin repaint, and I have a deal to get Alex Luthor/Ultraman, Abin Sur/Hal Jordan, Trenchcoat Joker, and Golden Age Flash. Woo Hoo!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Got e-mail today saying DCUC Ice is on the way which is good (she now appears to be sold out on Matty)

Anyone else pick her up?
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Ah, I see. Yeah, Doomsday - the good version haha - is something I've been wanting since DCUC exploded onto the scene. I'll never understand why we got all of the related Supermen (including black suit recovery Supes), but not the bad guy. He was definitely on my short list of figures I wanted in DCIE, especially toward the end. I guess they thought that 3 announced figures and the Doomsday carrot would be enough to motivate people. I wonder if the work 4H were putting into Grayskull kept them from having more DC figures ready to unveil...

My thinking on using the word 'obvious' is because no CNC or BAF that I can think of has ever been re-sculpted and re-issued - except for ML Apocalypse.
    Well technically they made the "Unleashed" Doomsday in the DC Super Heroes line which preceded DCUC, so that's why they never really got to him in a proper scale or as a CnC. It would have been very much like Marvel Legends Apocalypse or DCUC Bane who was a redo after the DC Super Heroes version.

Got e-mail today saying DCUC Ice is on the way which is good (she now appears to be sold out on Matty)

Anyone else pick her up?
    Yep I have her on the way too.

Does any one know if Doomsday got dropped from EA and the regular sale in August? I see that some items mention it in the new sales link for the pre-orders while others don't.

I know that a bunch of that stuff like the hotwheels was never going to appear period during the online sale, but thought I heard TG say that Doomsday would.

Any one clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Well technically they made the "Unleashed" Doomsday in the DC Super Heroes line which preceded DCUC, so that's why they never really got to him in a proper scale or as a CnC.
    They released a Darkseid figure in the DC Super Heroes line though (two in fact) and that didn't stop them from making a larger CnC version of him for DCUC. They didn't get to him in time, obviously, but I don't believe it was because of that smaller version.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    They released a Darkseid figure in the DC Super Heroes line though (two in fact) and that didn't stop them from making a larger CnC version of him for DCUC. They didn't get to him in time, obviously, but I don't believe it was because of that smaller version.
    Yeah I think it's just that he was done already and he was something they wanted to get to like Darkseid and Bane just retail died and the amount of tooling was too much for the sub. But if he had never been done in Super Heroes he would have been more of a priority and would have come out in an early wave more than likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Does any one know if Doomsday got dropped from EA and the regular sale in August? I see that some items mention it in the new sales link for the pre-orders while others don't.

I know that a bunch of that stuff like the hotwheels was never going to appear period during the online sale, but thought I heard TG say that Doomsday would.

Any one clarify?
    It will be available during the online sale after SDCC.