Page 208 of 210 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5246

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I REALLY did not like that 'unleashed' 2nd tier Doomsday. He was WAY too big. It was completlely out of scale with the other DCUC.

Doomsday was bigger than superman yeah... but he wasn't THAT big.

0b2aa_Death_of_Superman_Doomsday.jpg

He could still full-nelson him... it wasn't just punching a mountain.

Had the prototype video been closer to scale, I may have subbed. It was only a mini sub at that... but I didn't care about containment suit version at all...

Anyone pick up Doomsday at SDCC? I ordered my one on Matty yesterday but wondered what people think of him?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Warrior
    He is fantastic Up there with my favorite oversized dcuc figures like Grundy giganta chemo and darkseid

Such a striking figure and he makes unleashed doomsday a partial tooled item needing just head, firearms, hands, upper torso spikes

Heroic Warrior
    You guys see we will be getting the unleashed Doomsday figure now? I am excited but don't understand why we were told we wouldn't be getting him on several occasions.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    You guys see we will be getting the unleashed Doomsday figure now? I am excited but don't understand why we were told we wouldn't be getting him on several occasions.
    Because then many people would not have purchased the SDCC version.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    TG always does that. He'll lower your expectations by saying that it can't be done and then surprise you later.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Ill admit I still dont like DR. As far as Scott/Matty I have mixed opinions, but this conspiracy theory stuff is going over the top. Just seen the DC fans calling out Scott over Doomsday saying he was a liar. How the hell can the guy win against that? He said they wouldn't be making it, people were ******. Somehow they find a way to make it and complete people's collections and they are ****** again. What kind of logic is that? Things change in life and what is true one day may not be true the next.

They said no more 200x style stuff and no way we would get a 200x He Man head. They get shown at SDCC and people were made up. By the same logic what we were told is a lie. Im sure over the years this line has had many changes and im sure there have been some untruths told, BUT if peolle dont back the line we all suffer. How the hell are people going to cherry pick if there is not enough subs for it to go through?

Just seen the DC fans calling out Scott over Doomsday saying he was a liar
    Jeez! And you think those people would be happy to get the figure they wanted! It's not lying; the line didn't go through so they're merely finding a new way to market a figure that was fan demanded!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Jeez! And you think those people would be happy to get the figure they wanted! It's not lying; the line didn't go through so they're merely finding a new way to market a figure that was fan demanded!
    Crazy. As for a second sub the second figure is way less shipping and customs. If you just split the cost of the figures that way it makes it easier to make your money back selling them off

But if you read Scott's posts over at Matty, he has replied dozens, if not hundreds of times to inquiries about that specific item and it definitely will not be made up until the day before it was announced/shown with packaging.

Overall, they should just be happy they are getting it, I agree, but I kid you not - Scott has outright said "no way jose" up until just a day or two before the reveal. Not even "time will tell" but "no, it's not coming".

As much as I'd really like to get Doomsday, The Battle Ram will already drain me of funds. If I can get it later, then great. I'm also curious to see if people dump their DC Superheroes Doomsday after this release. If I could get that mold for a good price I'd be happy just with that figure.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    But if you read Scott's posts over at Matty, he has replied dozens, if not hundreds of times to inquiries about that specific item and it definitely will not be made up until the day before it was announced/shown with packaging.

Overall, they should just be happy they are getting it, I agree, but I kid you not - Scott has outright said "no way jose" up until just a day or two before the reveal. Not even "time will tell" but "no, it's not coming".
    I'm sure Scott was just as in the dark as the fans as to when/if it would ever see production; therefore, it's inappropriate to call him an outright liar in this case. Now, he's said other things in the past that make me wonder, but on this particular issue it feels like he's in the clear.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

No, there's a lot more to the story than that. From day one, we DC fans were told the one and ONLY way to get unleashed Doomsday, in no uncertain terms, was to hit "Tier 2" for the DCUC 2014 subscription. It was the huge carrot dangled in an effort to drum up subscription numbers. Scott said as clear as day from the get-go that there was no other way. Zero, none, zilch. We either hit "Tier 2" or we would NEVER get that Doomsday. He couldn't have been more clear. So he used that figure to strongarm people into subscriptions and now, lo and behold, here comes the figure anyway. So which is it?

But not only did we not hit Tier 2, we couldn't even hit Tier 1. And yet, here we are suddenly being told that we're getting unleashed Doomsday anyway. While that is good news, it's troublesome because a) it negates what Scott told all of us REPEATEDLY about that figure ever being released and b) news of this figure's release comes right on the heels of the sell-out of Prison Suit Doomsday, a figure that was sold under the guise of "The is the only oversized Doomsday figure DCUC fans are ever going to get." I'm sure many fans would've passed on that figure if they'd known unleashed Doomsday was coming, but the announcement didn't come until after the first figure was already sold to fans. Convenient.

I'm not going to outright call Scott a liar, but there was a heck of a lot of smoke-and-mirrors, misleading and withholding of information going on about this Doomsday figure. Fans very much have a right to feel manipulated in this situation.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    No, there's a lot more to the story than that. From day one, we DC fans were told the one and ONLY way to get unleashed Doomsday, in no uncertain terms, was to hit "Tier 2" for the DCUC 2014 subscription. It was the huge carrot dangled in an effort to drum up subscription numbers. Scott said as clear as day from the get-go that there was no other way. Zero, none, zilch. We either hit "Tier 2" or we would NEVER get that Doomsday. He couldn't have been more clear. So he used that figure to strongarm people into subscriptions and now, lo and behold, here comes the figure anyway. So which is it?

But not only did we not hit Tier 2, we couldn't even hit Tier 1. And yet, here we are suddenly being told that we're getting unleashed Doomsday anyway. While that is good news, it's troublesome because a) it negates what Scott told all of us REPEATEDLY about that figure ever being released and b) news of this figure's release comes right on the heels of the sell-out of Prison Suit Doomsday, a figure that was sold under the guise of "The is the only oversized Doomsday figure DCUC fans are ever going to get." I'm sure many fans would've passed on that figure if they'd known unleashed Doomsday was coming, but the announcement didn't come until after the first figure was already sold to fans. Convenient.

I'm not going to outright call Scott a liar, but there was a heck of a lot of smoke-and-mirrors, misleading and withholding of information going on about this Doomsday figure. Fans very much have a right to feel manipulated in this situation.
    Eh. He may genuinely have believed at the time that they could not make Doomsday Unleashed any other way. But that was more than a year ago. Things change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    Personally I don't care what he said I'm just over the moon happy I get a chance to get that figure .
    Agreed.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

I recall all of this as well. I've kept up on the DC stuff even though I've stopped collecting the figures some time ago, because I wanted to see "what might happen" to MOTUC some day. Folks, it's called getting bamboozled... and it's going to happen again. It's why I won't panic and buy extra subs to save any Mattel line. They'll either make the figures, or they won't. No need to go overboard buying stuff you can't really afford or have no real use for, unless you like blowing money. My priorities have really shifted this past year. I'm happy to buy the action figures they release if they are something I enjoy and want, but everything else is Mattel's job. They need to be doing the promoting heavily on their end too and not just sitting back waiting for customers to take up arms via social media.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Eh. He may genuinely have believed at the time that they could not make Doomsday Unleashed any other way. But that was more than a year ago. Things change.
    Even if this is the case (and I have my doubts), perhaps he should've paused and said to himself: "I told the fans, REPEATEDLY and CLEARLY, that the only road to unleashed Doomsday was Tier 2-level subscriptions for the DCIE 2014 sub. If we say we've found another way to release that figure NOW, why should anyone ever believe me again when I say anything? Like, when I say, oh, I don't know, 'We HAVE to drum up 10% more subscribers in order for the MOTUC 2015 subscription to go through'?"
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Heroic Warrior
    Things change, Wakko. That's all there is too it. The people who wanted that Doomsday aren't complaining. It doesn't mean they are, all of a sudden, getting any of the unannounced DCIE figures that the Horsemen were working on.

It's not the same thing. One toy on the cusp of production vs an entire year isn't the same argument, even with the same approach. I completely get what you are saying, but IMHO, that's not the seed I want planted in people's minds who are on the fence. I am not saying those who buy need to buy more (I bought 6, and use them all). They are saying to ask those who didn't buy yet to sub in.

I won't get offended and call shenanigans on a pleasant surprise.

If the DCUC sub hit tier 1 and and went through and THEN they put out the unleashed version as they're doing now I could see why people would be ****** off. But since the sub didn't go through it sort of changes things a bit. From my limited understanding of the DCUC line and where it was at before it folded, people were pretty aware that there was only a very slim chance of hitting tier 2 anyway. And of course it didn't make tier 1! I only cherry pick the Batman DCUC stuff so I didn't subscribe.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Things change, Wakko. That's all there is too it. The people who wanted that Doomsday aren't complaining. It doesn't mean they are, all of a sudden, getting any of the unannounced DCIE figures that the Horsemen were working on.

It's not the same thing. One toy on the cusp of production vs an entire year isn't the same argument, even with the same approach. I completely get what you are saying, but IMHO, that's not the seed I want planted in people's minds who are on the fence. I am not saying those who buy need to buy more (I bought 6, and use them all). They are saying to ask those who didn't buy yet to sub in.

I won't get offended and call shenanigans on a pleasant surprise.
    Is it a "pleasant surprise" to those who only days ago bought Prison Suit Doomsday because they were told very clearly that it was the only version we'd be getting?

Is it a "pleasant surprise" to those who only days ago bought Prison Suit Doomsday because they were told very clearly that it was the only version we'd be getting?
    Yup. I wanted the containment suit more than the unleashed (as the DCSH works just fine) but I am elated that we are getting the unleashed one now. My DCUC collection will be 2 awesome figures stronger when the last Doomsday is released.

People need to focus more on the fact we are getting him than pouting about anything Scott might have said. It's silly.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    As much as I'd really like to get Doomsday, The Battle Ram will already drain me of funds. If I can get it later, then great. I'm also curious to see if people dump their DC Superheroes Doomsday after this release. If I could get that mold for a good price I'd be happy just with that figure.
    That figure is a nice sculpt, but it will pale in comparison to this new version. That DC Superheroes figure is way too small.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad we are getting him.. Sure maybe months ago doomsday was up in the air but I'm talking about in the last week Scott flat out said it wasn't coming and the picture leaked was a mock up using the prototype paint master but clearly the figure in pic was fully tooled and articulated in colored plastic. He would have known it was a go in the last week. That's what I'm put off by. It just destroys his credibility

And wouldn't won't fans want both versions? I bought bound doomsday and will buy unleashed doomsday. So I don't get the complaints over tricked into buying bound
    Last edited by Thatman; August 21, 2014 at 08:26pm. Reason: Name calling

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    MOD HAT ON:
    Guys, please remember that Toyguru is a member of these forums, and is entitled to the same respect as anyone else. To that end, please refrain from calling him a liar. It may be entirely true that he was not made aware of Doomsday Unleashed's release until shortly before we were. Whatever your feelings are, please discuss the topic (the really fantastic cool figure we thought we'd never get), and do not make personal attacks against Scott, or call him names. It's fine if you want to discuss whether or not the situation changed, but refrain from name calling.

Also, please refrain from telling other members they're whining, pouting, etc.

All that said, I'm very happy to get the figure, even if I just purchased Containment Suit Doomsday. I'd rather have two than not have the Unleashed version - which will be the one going on my shelf.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I don't fully collect DC, I buy the ones I like, and I'm glad that Doomsday "Unleashed" will finally be made. A definite buy! Just less than 3 months ago he posted a video on YouTube reaffirming how Doomsday Bound was going to be the wrap up version that was going to be released for the "doomed" line.

http://youtu.be/sgtn7iVzkt4

Perhaps expedient & heavy lobbying was made for this Doomsday to come out after sdcc & maybe any public inclinations he could be made could not be spoken due to legalities. Then again, this is Scott, and
    Smoke & mirrors = (marketing)...it can be taken however one wishes.

Bring on Doomsday! Love that scale he's in.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    I guess people need to look at it as if it was a surprise party. You are told you are going somewhere and BAM surprise.

I for one am glad both were made and will be buying the unleashed version.