Page 25 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Been finding "the usual left-overs" at various Targets around here- GL and Nightwing- but my husband was fortunate enough to find me a masked Deathstroke the other day and says he saw pretty much the entire wave. But when we went the next day, just GL and Nightwing. That seems to be the story around here. No Wal-Marts carry them, which is frustrating because I really want their exclusive Wave 5 but it's like... are they really ever going to have these or what?
    Haven't been to the old-school TRU in a month, so I have no idea if their exclusive 2-packs are out or not. I suspect not.
    And there's only 1 KB Toys in my area and it's an outlet, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna get my hands on the Terry McGuinness unmasked BB variant when that supposedly hits.
    And the last thing that's eating me?
    Toyfare each issue now keeps showing the far-off in the future waves, like stuff that's not scheduled to hit til 2009!!! Wave 7 or 8 or some crap like that... which would be exciting if Mattel would actually get ample amounts of Wave 3 into stores like NOW. There's even a print ad floating around for Wave 4, but it's like yeah right- when are we ever going to get these? January 2010?
    Mattel has awesome properties and their toys are fashioned by the gods (but cursedly painted by blind monkeys half the time). But hot damn- in the past god knows how many years they STILL have no idea how to distribute these things so customers can actually buy them!
    No doubt Mattel's distribution problems have hurt themselves, but now it's also the fault of retailers, as they're reluctant to commit themselves too much to Mattel, based on their track record. (At least action figure-wise) If only retailers would spend a little extra $$$ and effort to put new SKUs into their computer systems by wave, it would help clear out the old stuff to make room for new. I can't tell you how many Wave 1 figures I've seen over the last few weeks while looking for Wave 3. If the stores won't do it, Mattel needs to get its reps out there to rotate the stock, otherwise this line is done for.

And it's not like The Dark Knight figures have been selling all that great, based on what I've seen at stores. (With the exception of the Movie Masters)

I think I read on Fwoosh that both Wave 4 & the Wal-Mart exclusive Wave 5 have been delayed now to November-ish. (Originally stated by toyguru that they were scheduled for October shipping) That'll push Wave 6 into next year, and hopefully by Wave 7, they'll get back on track schedule-wise. (I REALLY want Flash, Captain Cold, Blue & Gold!)

Most recent Q&A with toyguru from Fwoosh:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?o...=1105&Itemid=1
    Last edited by Skullface; September 10, 2008 at 02:15pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

it is basically a catch 22 type of thing.

This wave I would like to have a Green Lantern, Sinestro (either) and Deathstroke (masked). I have a nightwing and robin from earlier in the line. Would have liked a Harley but have had trouble finding one and at this point might be bust (I think I missed out on Cass batgirl also).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I found all of wave 2, sans Harley, at the grocery store I shop at. I now need Wave 1 Batman, and Wave 2 Harley Quinn.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I found all of wave 2, sans Harley, at the grocery store I shop at. I now need Wave 1 Batman, and Wave 2 Harley Quinn.
    Cripes - I can pick up about a dozen Batman right now......

Gosh, I just want one.
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Went hunting today, only found GL.

Alas robin and nightwing shall be found!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Man I hope Mattel changes this. Looks like you're going to need to order 2 cases in order to build the C&C Atom Smasher figure from series 7.

Copied from fwoosh:
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam
    Oh boy... here are the case assortments for wave 6 and 7 listed by a Canadian online retailer (http://www.goldenagetoys.com/store/d...ics/index.html)

All cases have 10 figures. In any case assortment for wave 7, you cannot complete the C&C figure. :shock:

Series 6:
    1x Superman (black suit)
    1x Superman (red suit)
    2x Mr. Miracle
    1x Dr. Impossible
    2x Hawkman
    2x Shazam
    1x Killer Moth

Series 6 Revision 1:
    1x Superman (black suit)
    1x Superman (red suit)
    1x Mr. Miracle
    1x Dr. Impossible
    2x Hawkman
    2x Shazam
    2x Killer Moth

Series 7:
    1x Batman
    1x Green Lantern
    2x Flash - Speedster
    2x Captain Cold
    2x Kid Flash
    2x Big Barda

Series 7 Revision 1:
    1x Wonder Woman
    1x Firestorm
    1x Flash - Speedster
    1x Captain Cold
    2x Blue Beetle
    2x Booster Gold
    2x Aquaman Blue
    Last edited by marndt8448; September 11, 2008 at 04:28pm.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Its a mixed bag for me. I know that Mattel will offer Collector cases which only has the set of figures for the wave, no extras. But I also understand that is Mattel's way of getting older figures to the fans.

You know how much a Black and grey Batman is going for? (I'm so glad I bought 3) I want a re-painted Superman with better color redeco. I was one of the few that was able to get a Clayface, Two-Face, Catwoman, and Batgirl figure. They are beautiful.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I also am one of the few that has Two-Face, Batgirl, Catwoman & Clayface. Only reason I have Batgirl is because I cracked open a case at TRU. Saw Two-Face like 4 times, and saw a pretty good amount of Catwoman/Clayface around last Christmas.

Hopefully Mattel will change those rumored case packs. While the Wave 6 listings aren't too bad, those Wave 7 cases are a joke. Isn't the main reason for having BAFs to make the figures sell evenly? Not being able to build the BAF from a single case is not a good idea. If the initial cases don't sell well, how are stores supposed to get the refresher cases in stock to sell the remaining new figures from the Wave? I guess it could work out, similar to the Fin Fang Foom cases from Hasbro's ML. But the problem is that you can find ML figures. You really can't find DCUC figures as readily....... Smartest thing to do for 10 figure cases would be to put 1 each of the 7 new figures, 1 each of the 2 variants, and 1 refresher figure. Even smarter would be to make them 12 figure cases, and double up on both the refresher figure and the new headliner. (For series 7, The Flash)

And from what I've read, the option for online retailers to order full cases of a single figure aren't financially viable for most online stores. They're supposedly shipped to retailers directly from overseas, which while saving the extra step of going to Mattel first, will cause significant markup, due to the minimum amount that will need to be ordered.

Please let me be wrong on this......

EDIT: Just read on Fwoosh that one of the mods contacted Mattel about those case packs, and they were confirmed.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewt...=asc&start=105

EDIT #2: Crap in a hat! Wave 4 has already been found in Ohio at Meijer!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewt...er=asc&start=0
    Last edited by Skullface; September 11, 2008 at 03:07pm.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    oops.... Atom Smasher is the C&C for series 7, not Kalibak.

I hope I can find waves 3-4 easier than 2..haven't seen a single one from that wave yet.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Holy Snickies! Wave 4 is coming out sooner than expected. Thank god I don't have a Meijers here in El Paso. My poor wallet is still barely recovering from Wave 3. I almost want to cry.

Again, I can see that Mattel needs to start making these new cases. The line has taken off and people are clamoring for figures that they missed. I missed out on an Azrael and I was going to buy him on Ebay, but I'm waiting.

Hasbro does the same thing with Marvel and Star Wars cases and its worked out relatively well for them. Wave 2 disappeared as fast at it came. Wave 1 was not that hard for me because people didn't seem that interested in them. Now they are found in Wal-marts and TRUs with no problems. I see them selling, but not as much as wave 1.

I think this is a stragedy of Mattel to keep their toys on the shelves. Its a bad thing of course if the figures keep staying on the shelf and not sell, but its also a bad thing if the toys are selling like crazy and none are found on the shelf. Retailers hate having empty shelf space. Empty shelf space makes a retailer want to fill the space with other toys.

No luck for me tonight after work, but a friend did manage to score me a classic Sinestro. Down to the Corps version to be done with Wave 3!

Heroic Warrior
    TNI is reporting that Wave 4 has been spotted in Ohio.

I haven't even found wave 3 yet.

Must. Have. Batman. Beyond.
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Put me in the camp that hasn't even found wave 3 yet. And put me in the camp that must have Batman Beyond!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Anybody find any wave 4 yet? They've also been found at Wal-Mart, in addition to Meijer.....

Patience is key here. Mattel had distribution problems which messed up their distributions of wave 2 and wave 3, but I think we'll begin to see plenty of them and wave 4 soon for the x-mas season.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Patience is key here. Mattel had distribution problems which messed up their distributions of wave 2 and wave 3, but I think we'll begin to see plenty of them and wave 4 soon for the x-mas season.
    Tell me about Mattel's distribution problems on this line! It still has not shown up in Australia! Which has led to me having to buy them online.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Yeah?, this sounds eerily like 2002 all over again.

I'll believe it when I see it, and not a moment until.

I only saw Nightwing, Sinestro, and Green Lantenr of Wave 3 in stores by me. My comic shop had everyone but Robin. Other than that, when it comes to DCUC, it's gray dots at Target as far as the eyes can see. I can't believe that it's not a matter of Target re-ordering more, since that is all supposed ot be automated. I think it's Mattel's supply ability.

On the upside, I've found everything that's currently out right now for JLU, but it seems as though they only get a few cases, and once those are gone, it's more gray dots and empty pegs.

I need that Artemis.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I only saw Nightwing, Sinestro, and Green Lantenr of Wave 3 in stores by me. My comic shop had everyone but Robin. Other than that, when it comes to DCUC, it's gray dots at Target as far as the eyes can see. I can't believe that it's not a matter of Target re-ordering more, since that is all supposed ot be automated. I think it's Mattel's supply ability.

On the upside, I've found everything that's currently out right now for JLU, but it seems as though they only get a few cases, and once those are gone, it's more gray dots and empty pegs.

I need that Artemis.

Wonder Woman on ebay is already ranging between 30 to 50+ dollars. Its sickening!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    glad I only want Captain Atom and Cyborg from wave 4 then.

I really hope I don't have to order a case of wave 3 in order to get 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Wonder Woman on ebay is already ranging between 30 to 50+ dollars. Its sickening!
    I wouldn't worry about finding Wonder Woman now. Right now, she's the new figure, but she'll be re-released in Wave 7 - and with collectors having to buy both cases of Wave 7 to get the build-a-figure, Wonder Woman is going to be very much available later(at no doubt cheaper prices when everyone is going to be trying to sell off their extra re-releases) to people who aren't trying to assemble the BAF.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm not clamoring for those figures yet. Let the eager beavers shell out 70 for a figure. Right now most of the auctions are from Ohio or near Ohio. The figures will come out nationwide soon enough.