Page 27 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I haven't seen WW close up, but a lot of people are telling me that a lot of love went into making her. She looks great standing next to Batman and Superman. I can't wait for mine to get here.
    Here you go!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...nder-Woman.jpg
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 24, 2008 at 04:36pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

She looks great but I gotta say that the articulation on her thighs ruins it a bit for me. Those joints aren't on the prototype pics and makes her look stronger.
    I also still think the chest articulation on the female characters is unnecessary and again weakens the sculpt.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I agree 100% ! I was really worried they would do this on MOTUC characters, perticularly the women, but aparently its not gonna happen. It dosent look so bad when its hidden in the figures costume, but on bare skin it stands out a mile (IMO). I will still be getting Wonder Woman, but this really has spoilt the design of that beautiful prototype that shown at NYCC!
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 26, 2008 at 04:04am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I got my case just now and am equally pleased and displeased-
    Pleased:
    1- the figures' paint apps are GREAT, which is something I haven't been able to say about previous waves.
    2- I have Artemis AND Wonder Woman in one case, so I don't have to hunt for the variant!
    3- I got the Captain Atom I wanted (the normal version, not the chase)

Displeased:
    1- Ares' weapons are made out of the newly typical of Mattel kind of plastic where it's so flimsy it's wilting right there in the package (think Two Bad or Man-At-Arms' maces from the 2002 line, or Heath Ledger Joker's knife... flimsy and useless!)
    2- six figures to a case and I get 1 of each figure EXCEPT BATMAN BEYOND!!!
    ?!?!?!

I got 2 Wonder Woman and Artemis, but no freaking Batman Beyond- which is one of the figures I wanted THE MOST.
    Not to mention now I can't complete the build-a-figure...

Mattel just can't get it right.
    PS- someone find me a Batman Beyond and $$$ is yours

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The new case shipments was a request by the retailers. The line is hot, but they are not staying on the shelves which is a bad thing. Empty shelve space is a bad thing for retailers and they will have to move things around if there is no DCUC to sell.

Mattel is mixing the shipments in order to keep some figures on the shelves and give the figures a presence at the stores.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Here are another few shots of Wonder Woman. The first immage is an upper chest neck and face close up. (The detail in her face is amazing!). The second is Diana flanked by Superman and Batman. The third is a full body shot!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/pics/albums...6/DSC02303.JPG

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6977/aug08018lg0.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...IMG_0002-1.jpg
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 27, 2008 at 02:15pm.

Nice pics Angel T and while she's a fine action figure, I think prefer my Terry Dodson one!
    If I did't have that already, I would probably get this one though.

What the chest articulation like? Harley Queen's was well floppy!
    www.eamonart.com

Do you have any pics of your figure? I would love to see it.

UPDATE: No worries I found it! I agree 100% I would much prefer that Mattel took this approach to the MOTUC women. I not really a fan of loads of articulation. This sculpt is sweet. The original 4H Wonder Woman prototype was amazing, but the extra thigh articulation ruins the sculpt for me. I may have to pick up a Terry Dodson Wonder Woman now.
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 28, 2008 at 11:07am.

I only got her for drawing reference and was gonna sell her after in favour of the DC Four Horsemen one but I think I prefer this one.

www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my wave 4 today - 2x WW, Artemis, Cyborg, Ares and Captain Atom.

Very pleased with them, The detail on Ares is amazing! Artemis is really nice looking - if a bit Teela-ish in the head department,

If any UK peeps want my spare Wonder Woman, drop me a PM.

PM sent! I soooo hope she is still available?

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Got my wave 4 today - 2x WW, Artemis, Cyborg, Ares and Captain Atom.

Very pleased with them, The detail on Ares is amazing! Artemis is really nice looking - if a bit Teela-ish in the head department,

Where from? Did you import them?
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I totally lucked out and just found 2 Batman Beyonds, the gold variant Captain Atom, and a Cyborg at a Target in TX.
    Picked up the 2 BB and the Captain Atom... so now I have a complete wave (which didn't take too long actually, but hoo... the stress! LOL...), and now some spares (1 spare BB and the Capt Atom variant) to use as trading fodder to get some of these exclusive 2-packs that I am unlikely to find around here

I can't wait for the new wave. I'm wondering how many people will "putty" over the extra thigh articulation on Wonder Woman
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

So the Wonder Woman looks pretty good. How does the Batman Beyond figure look?
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

One word: PERFECT.

I got my order today and guess what?

I'm so ticked off Mattel right now. This is Triklops all over again. Mattel needs to get their acts together.

Man that realy sucks!!!! to finaly get some of these, just to find out its broken. Mattel needs to get their act together.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Good news is that a member at another forum showed me how to fix it the joint with a screwdriver and a drillbit.

Still, Mattel needs to work on quality control. I fear for the MOTU line now.

Heroic Warrior
    glad you got it fixed.

it always stinks when you bust a figure. I've been doing 'surgery' on broken figures for years, so it doesn't bother me, but still, you shouldn't HAVE TO, right out of the box.

glad it's not a total write-off tho, and that you managed to make lemonade out of lemons!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Good news is that a member at another forum showed me how to fix it the joint with a screwdriver and a drillbit.
    Can you pass on the recipe for fixing this? The same exact thing happened to my Firestorm, hence why I'm shy about buying cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just got my Wonder Woman, Cyborg & Ares from Impulse Creations yesterday. Very happy with their service. Ordered them late Thursday night, and got them this morning.
    EDIT: Nevermind - opened Sinestro up, and he's got 2 right feet. And his pant wasn't dry enough on his back when he was put into the package. *sigh* Time to keep looking......
    Skullface, do you know if Impulse Creations allows you to return defective figures like your Sinestro? I'm thinking about ordering a set of wave 4, but I like a said above, I'm worried about getting figures that will break on me and then having nothing to show for my money.

I think the stores in my area have stopped carrying this line. TRUs and Target are only getting in shipments of Infinite Heroes (and in Target's case, JLU). Walmarts and TRUs don't even have shelf space for the six-inch line anymore. If I don't order cases online, I think I'm screwed.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    SOG: Basically, just take a nail, or a piece of wire.

use the screwdriver/drillbit to form a hole in the exposed 'stump' on the shoulder ball, then another hole in the broken 'nub' inside the arm socket.

insert the wire/nail into the holes, and rejoin the arm. Since it's on a joint, you'll never see it.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    thanks for the recipe; I'll definitely try it out!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

This guy had the best solution. It really works!

http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/links/peg.htm

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Thank god I got robin tonight. Im terrified to open it.

Just need sinestro's peice of grundy....... dont want sinestro at all.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael