Page 63 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 5231

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I found a Mr. Miracle and a mask-less Batman Beyond at a grocery store tonight! Did I mention that they were 4.99 each?
    That is awesome! what grocery store!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    That is awesome! what grocery store!
    Fry's, Kroger in some places. The 4.99 was just because I'm cool with the employees.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    REALLY hoping we get some lineups for future waves at SDCC, really hoping we get the lineup of wave 12 at least.

and I hope we get an announcement regarding a certain "Last Boy on Earth". I'd love to add him to my collection!

still waiting on Fate, Gentleman Ghost, and my Parademon, should be here by Wednesday. Next Week I'll order Commander Steel and Vigilante.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    REALLY hoping we get some lineups for future waves at SDCC, really hoping we get the lineup of wave 12 at least.

and I hope we get an announcement regarding a certain "Last Boy on Earth". I'd love to add him to my collection!

still waiting on Fate, Gentleman Ghost, and my Parademon, should be here by Wednesday. Next Week I'll order Commander Steel and Vigilante.
    Mattel's confirmed that three waves will be revealed at SDCC, so assuming they're the next three, that'd be Waves 10, 11 and 12.

We already know Power Girl, Joker and Man-Bat are in Wave 10 and The Question's in Wave 11.

There's a list floating around (I think even earlier in this thread) from the Wal-Mart computers with the supposed line-ups for 10 & 11, which make a lot of sense and since Wave 9's line-up was leaked the same way and ended up being accurate, I think it's a safe bet that we know who's in 10 & 11.

As for Wave 12, I'm really hoping the 'headliner' in the wave will be Martian Manhunter.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    As for Wave 12, I'm really hoping the 'headliner' in the wave will be Martian Manhunter.
    It's definitely time for Martian Manhunter, hopefully both his classic costume and his most recent.

I wonder when they get around to Zatanna, which version she'll be. I'm pretty sure most people consider her definitive look the magician tux with fishnets, but my first exposure to her was that George Perez designed one with the bell sleeves, that scarab thing on her head and the white cape. I'd really love to see that one included, so it fits in with the satellite era JLA characters they've already released.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    It's definitely time for Martian Manhunter, hopefully both his classic costume and his most recent.

I wonder when they get around to Zatanna, which version she'll be. I'm pretty sure most people consider her definitive look the magician tux with fishnets, but my first exposure to her was that George Perez designed one with the bell sleeves, that scarab thing on her head and the white cape. I'd really love to see that one included, so it fits in with the satellite era JLA characters they've already released.

J'onn's classic/modern look would make for a great (& easy) variant in a wave - new head and repaint, basically.

I'll take either version of Zatanna - but if I could only have one version, I think I'd honestly prefer the Perez one myself. (I'm all about 'Bronze Age' looks! ) But I think the two outfits are probably too distinct to allow for a variant in the wave, so we probably won't get both.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    i have yet to see any giganta wave at retail
    Me too. Wave 8 has been out for two months, but hasn't hit retail yet.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too. Wave 8 has been out for two months, but hasn't hit retail yet.
    Me 3 i wish i could just drive by Mattel and pick them up

Not only that, but no mention of Wave 8 at all on AFX, and none of Wave 6 or 7 anymore either. I hope they'll continue to offer them!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i think there holding everything till San Diego

Heroic Warrior
    I know people were asking about Movie Masters, so here's the scoop.

BigBadToyStore just got info from the distributor, that the Two-Face wave of Movie Masters is going Matty Exclusive.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

just got my first batch of Wave 8 figures.

Dr. Fate is nice, he's not an amazing figure, average at best, but it's nice to have him.

Parademon while not meeting expectations in terms of posability certainly makes up for it in sculpt.

and Gentleman Ghost exceeds every expectation.

holy cow, what a great figure, and the figure wasn't even engineered to be Jim Craddock!, it's a Joker base!

that blows my mind. but they executed it perfectly!
    Last edited by capitalzero; June 23, 2009 at 01:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This arrived today from Big Bad Toystore. Nice to have a Legion of Doom style Brainiac no pants and all, and a classic, non-mullet rocking Superman!

Heroic Warrior
    ***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...18799815_0.jpg
    This arrived today from Big Bad Toystore. Nice to have a Legion of Doom style Brainiac no pants and all, and a classic, non-mullet rocking Superman!
    Pretty cool. I already got like, 4 Supermen from those series, and the robot Brainiac (my fav), but even with that said, that does look like a cool set.

If only they had it Clayface vs Brainiac, I'd nab that set! Don't need another Bats or Supes.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

Quote Originally Posted by Tifaslover View Post
    Pretty cool. I already got like, 4 Supermen from those series, and the robot Brainiac (my fav), but even with that said, that does look like a cool set.

If only they had it Clayface vs Brainiac, I'd nab that set! Don't need another Bats or Supes.
    Yeah, I don't need another Batman, so I didn't get the Batman/Clayface set, but I didn't collect the previous series, so I didn't have a normal Superman figure, just the two gay ice dancing ones and black suit power mullet Supes, so I needed both of these figs.

Poe's got packaged pics of Wave 9 from Mattel's Facebook page on his site- www.poeghostal.com

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Poe's got packaged pics of Wave 9 from Mattel's Facebook page on his site- www.poeghostal.com
    Re: The Guardian's "First Time In Six Inch" sticker: When was there another Guardian figure?

I really wish they'd stuck with the Guardian variant, since I like the modern costume better than the plain Golden Age one. The Wildcat variant is unnecessary. They look too similar and I don't care whatsoever which one I get. And odd that Black Adam comes with that necklace. Technically, shouldn't that belong to Isis?

I'm looking forward to Green Arrow, Wildcat, and Black Canary the most.

That Guardian figure is a bit plain looking, and the sticker is a little odd, since most of the DCU are getting figures for the first time in this scale. Why is he the only one to get a sticker?

Heroic Warrior
    Re: The Guardian's "First Time In Six Inch" sticker: When was there another Guardian figure?

I really wish they'd stuck with the Guardian variant, since I like the modern costume better than the plain Golden Age one. The Wildcat variant is unnecessary. They look too similar and I don't care whatsoever which one I get. And odd that Black Adam comes with that necklace. Technically, shouldn't that belong to Isis?
    Heroclix had a Guardian.

Also, the necklace, yes, probably Isis'. But remember what happened to her. Why wouldn't he nab it and hold on to it, y'know?
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Black Adam wore the necklace in Jerry Ordway's The Power of Shazam! published 1994 - long before Isis' story in 52...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Another Grocery store score! Captain Marvel and Killer Moth, only 10 bucks for the pair!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifaslover View Post
    Heroclix had a Guardian.
    Does that really count? I mean Heroclix don't move or anything. I'M guessing they plan on reusing the stickers in the future on characters that may have had a JLU or other figure made but not a 6" DCUC one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Black Adam wore the necklace in Jerry Ordway's The Power of Shazam! published 1994 - long before Isis' story in 52...
    Ahhh... didn't read that series. Hope they still make an Isis for this line, though. I'd GLADLY take her over Mary Marvel or Freddie Freeman!

Heroic Warrior
    wow.

to each his own, but Isis was in one story, and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    wow.

to each his own, but Isis was in one story, and dies.
    No, she came back in JSA recently.

Heroic Warrior
    still, I'd rather have characters with seventy years of established stories, than a character with---two.

Well... I mean technically, legally, this is a new character, but it's clear she's based on the 70s TV character Isis. Same powers. Her name is Andriana Tomaz versus Andrea Thomas. No she isn't as old as the Shazam characters, but she's got enough history to warrant a figure. And I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a Mary or Freddie figure. (I might draw the line at Tawky Tawny... we'll see.) But they'd be in that "Guess I gotta buy 'em to make the build-a-fig" category, whereas Isis I'd be chomping at the bit for. And right, to each their own.