Page 84 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Just noticed on Mattycollector that they now list the status of the Adam Strange/Starfire & Color of Fear 2-packs as "Gone For Good". Glad I managed to get the CoF set last week with the B'Wana Beast set!

With the Mattycollector 2-packs now finished, hopefully they will realize that if they put out good quality sets WITH characters people want to pay for, they will move. (Maybe new 2-packs will make it back to the site someday.)

Last I heard the DCSH re-issue Lex Luthor & Kara Zor-El Supergirl 2-pack is back on, and I saw the Batman/Robin & Aquaman/Black Manta Wal-Mart 2-packs in Toyfare. I hope the Golden Age Hawkman/Hawkgirl set is back in the cards!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    VIXEN! She was in the first fan poll but lost, but she was the one I voted for! YAY!
    THAT is her name. yeah vixen and ultra humanite. ....you KNOW they are coming especially with vixen being featured in JL AND in the JLU cartoon a few years ago.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just noticed on Mattycollector that they now list the status of the Adam Strange/Starfire & Color of Fear 2-packs as "Gone For Good". Glad I managed to get the CoF set last week with the B'Wana Beast set!

With the Mattycollector 2-packs now finished, hopefully they will realize that if they put out good quality sets WITH characters people want to pay for, they will move. (Maybe new 2-packs will make it back to the site someday.)
    Phew, thank goodness I decided to finally buy those during that sale they had a few weeks ago or I would have missed out.

hopefully instead of two packs they can do something like MOTUC and do a figure every month or every other month. they could even do larger figures or items like metron with his chair which they have talked about in many Q&As

Just a reminder that the Wave 11 set is available on Mattycollector. (Minus the variant Deadman)

Just got my Matty shipment a few hours ago, and the Color of Fear & B'Wana Beast/Animal Man sets are AWESOME!!!

The Super Friends Robin is also pretty sweet. Disappointed with Super Friends Hawkman, as I knew I would be, due to the non-green pants and NO mace/sword. But seeing as how he & Robin are for my almost-6-year-old, he won't care.....

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That was by far one of the easiest transactions this year.

Are MOTUC fans overloading the system?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Ahhhh! I completely forgot!!! Thank goodness I saw this post! I just ordered my Green Arrow!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

well i would say that is a safe bet. plus GB fans.

i bet alot of DC fans waited till wave 11 went on sale.

Best. DCUC. figure. ever.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

and the closest DCUC figure to MOTUC we will likely get haha

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    and the closest DCUC figure to MOTUC we will likely get haha
    Yeah, unless we get a Warlord!

EDIT: Saw over on Fwoosh that Wave 11 was found today at a TRU in Ontario Canada for 25.99 apiece. Best of luck to those looking for these at retail!
    Last edited by Skullface; December 24, 2009 at 11:22pm.

Yeah, unless we get a Warlord!

EDIT: Saw over on Fwoosh that Wave 11 was found today at a TRU in Ontario Canada for 25.99 apiece. Best of luck to those looking for these at retail!
    yeah but DC direct just did him a year or so ago. then again they did blue beetle in that wave as well and we are getting him in DCUC.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah but DC direct just did him a year or so ago. then again they did blue beetle in that wave as well and we are getting him in DCUC.
    I don't think Mattel pays attention to DCDirect, to be honest. (Neither do I anymore, since DCUC began, wah waaahh!)

I got an email from Big Bad that my Wave 11 is on its way, so goody for me! And since my hubbie and kid couldn't find Wave 10 at retail, I just bought all four that I wanted (PG, Joker, Beast Boy and Robotman) from one seller on eBay, for less than $100 including the shipping.

Heroic Warrior

What the deuce?!

The American and Canadian dollars are even right now, so that $26 is really $26!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspot View Post
    What the deuce?!

The American and Canadian dollars are even right now, so that $26 is really $26!
    Oh my GAWD! I wouldn't even pay that on eBay! That's insane!

Saw over on Fwoosh that Wave 11 was found today at a TRU in Ontario Canada for 25.99 apiece. Best of luck to those looking for these at retail!
    That doesn't even make sense, a retail chain wouldn't jack up the price of one line of figures just because that wave is supposed to be scarce right now. That seems like a typo. $15.99 maybe, but not $25.99.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    That doesn't even make sense, a retail chain wouldn't jack up the price of one line of figures just because that wave is supposed to be scarce right now. That seems like a typo. $15.99 maybe, but not $25.99.
    yeah even in canadian dollars that seems a bit....excessive.

Found these at Wal-Mart this morning!

Start hunting...They're out there!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

My post-Christmas may be better than my actual Christmas. Big Bad shipped my Wave 11 and I bought all four Wave 10 figures I wanted from one seller on eBay, so hopefully that should all be arriving in the next couple of days. (Reminds me of the year I went to Target the day after Christmas and found ALL the Masters 200x figures I wanted, Teela, Orko, Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw.) Woo hoo! I really hope I get the SP Steppenwolf in my case from Big Bad, otherwise I have to go hunting for that sole figure.

This may or may not be useful info, but the day after Christmas, my Target put all the DCUC figs they had in inventory on the sales floor as "pre-transitional," meaning they are going to be going on clearance soon. Hopefully this will get them out of there so they can stock newer figures... hopefully it does NOT mean they are just getting rid of them for good! I was surprised that yesterday they'd stocked new Infinite Heroes. I don't think they ever got any since the first wave (and 2 Adam Stranges and 1 Weaponer of Quard are still there). The new wave includes Blue Beetle, Martian Manhunter (with new more poseable body), The Flash, Red Arrow, Mary Batson (evil version), Psycho Pirate and Bizarro. Really odd to see them, but I am FORCING myself not to just buy any super hero toys I encounter, so with much willpower I passed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    This may or may not be useful info, but the day after Christmas, my Target put all the DCUC figs they had in inventory on the sales floor as "pre-transitional," meaning they are going to be going on clearance soon. Hopefully this will get them out of there so they can stock newer figures... hopefully it does NOT mean they are just getting rid of them for good! I was surprised that yesterday they'd stocked new Infinite Heroes. I don't think they ever got any since the first wave (and 2 Adam Stranges and 1 Weaponer of Quard are still there). The new wave includes Blue Beetle, Martian Manhunter (with new more poseable body), The Flash, Red Arrow, Mary Batson (evil version), Psycho Pirate and Bizarro. Really odd to see them, but I am FORCING myself not to just buy any super hero toys I encounter, so with much willpower I passed on them.
    Target is not dropping the line, and DCUC is NOT going on clearance. (At least not corporate-wide) Toys will be reset in the next 2-3 weeks. When I used to work there, we always pulled ALL toys from the stockroom right before X-Mas. It's a company directive to keep the stockroom clean right before the reset. That way, we'd only be backstocking non-clearance items. (As clearance items cannot be backstocked-our PDAs would beep and refuse to update the backroom location with that item)

After each aisle gets reset, THEN the figures will get backstocked if they have more than what will fit on the shelf. The only way DCUC is hitting clearance at Target is if a particular store will no longer be carrying them, or if a particular store manager decides to institute a price reduction at his/her own discretion, which will ONLY be for that store. (Usually only done to eliminate overstock, or if a particular manager is desperate for sales-it's pretty rare on toys....)

Only other possibility of DCUC clearance is the Public Enemies figures, as they have their own DPCI number separate from DCUC proper. Target is notorious for ordering TONS of their store exclusives, most of which eventually hit clearance......

Targets in my area are clearancing the JLU 6-packs... including the just-released Eclipso and Thanagarr boxsets! Scored those for 30% off which was nice...
    not only that, but they're discounting the Brave & The Bold Deluxe figures by 30% and that included a new Metal Men Deluxe figure... score for me!
    When I scanned DCUC figs, they were full-price though.

If anyone scores an extra Thanagarian 6-pack, I will totally pack cost + shipping.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

i don't collect JLU but all the new stuff hit the nashville area if people are around here and looking.

the superfriends 3 pack NEARLY tempted me....nearly

Target is not dropping the line, and DCUC is NOT going on clearance. (At least not corporate-wide) Toys will be reset in the next 2-3 weeks. When I used to work there, we always pulled ALL toys from the stockroom right before X-Mas. It's a company directive to keep the stockroom clean right before the reset. That way, we'd only be backstocking non-clearance items. (As clearance items cannot be backstocked-our PDAs would beep and refuse to update the backroom location with that item)

After each aisle gets reset, THEN the figures will get backstocked if they have more than what will fit on the shelf. The only way DCUC is hitting clearance at Target is if a particular store will no longer be carrying them, or if a particular store manager decides to institute a price reduction at his/her own discretion, which will ONLY be for that store. (Usually only done to eliminate overstock, or if a particular manager is desperate for sales-it's pretty rare on toys....)

Only other possibility of DCUC clearance is the Public Enemies figures, as they have their own DPCI number separate from DCUC proper. Target is notorious for ordering TONS of their store exclusives, most of which eventually hit clearance......
    Yeah, I just started there like three months ago, so I don't know all the ins and outs, but I have known for years that pricing and inventory varies from store to store. My best friend lives on the opposite side of town from me and for XMas I got her the set of Mini Barbies through the decades, which her Target never got in. (Hers never got the Twilight Barbies either, which mine did.) She also kept talking about a Project Runway silk screener that she wanted, but that my Target never carried. Like I said, my Target has had the same sad handful of DCUCs and prior to now, the same sorry Infinite Heroes for... I'm willing to say over a year, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped carrying them. But if they just got in new Infinites, then they may still get more DCUCs in... not that I need them. I gave up buying them at retail and just order mine online.

As for JLU, magically right after Christmas, my store got in probably ten cases (at least) of the older six packs, which are now 1/2 price. Same for the Mini Barbie sets... we've had SOME in stock for months, but now we have a billion (they are taking up an entire fixture of shelves!!!) and they are also marked down to 1/2 price. I don't anticipate seeing the new sets until these are gone, or at least partially. Not looking too good at this point, though. Even at 1/2 price, they don't appear to be going anywhere fast. Sadly, it appears that no one in this area collects DC toy lines. Well... except the Imaginex toys. Those all sold through before Christmas. We've replenished them, but they continue selling through. So at least SOME DC toys sell... the ones that are actually made for children.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Found these at Wal-Mart this morning!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...C/P1100567.jpg

Start hunting...They're out there!
    I have that Question figure. I dig the character, but the figure is pretty mediocre. Not very poseable nor interesting. The worst recent figure (IMHO) has to be Black Canary. I received her as a Xmas gift, and her boots and feet are made of flimsy rubber. She needs her stand to remain erect, and even then the rubber bends so she leans to one side. At $12 or more, that's pretty silly. It seems that for every good DCUC figure, there's a stinker.
    I want to smurf your smurf.