Page 85 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

i found a bunch of wave 11 hitting this area now. i really want kilowog but the only figure i want besides him are john stewart and steppenwolf so i only bought those 2.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Snatched up a Commander Steel at Target on christmas eve eve and a second Deadshot. Saw lots of TWGH Capt. Marvels. Can't wait for the remainder of the Chemo and Giganta wave to show up 'round these parts. Those posted figures like sweet. B'Wana looks especially sweet What's up with Mary Marvel being called Mary Batson? That's not her code name. Reminds me of the Rex Mason instead of Metamorpho mess from many, many waves ago
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

For anyone in the Fredricksburg Va area, the Wal-mart in central park has wave 11.

Sean79

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro 666 View Post
    What's up with Mary Marvel being called Mary Batson? That's not her code name. Reminds me of the Rex Mason instead of Metamorpho mess from many, many waves ago
    DC cannot use the word "Marvel" on any packaging/comic covers to sell product due to Marvel Comics. They can use "Marvel" inside comics and in TV/movies because the name isn't being used to sell/advertise the product. (Which is why Captain Marvel is packaged as Shazam!) They did the same thing for the Infinite Heroes figures:

EDIT: Just saw on the Matty site that the Alexander Luthor/Ultraman 2-pack has sold out! Animal Man/B'Wana Beast is the only one left!
    Last edited by Skullface; December 31, 2009 at 12:20pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Bigbad started getting their wave 12 stuff now. Only Desaad and Mary Batson though.

With seeing wave 11 in the store, and wave 10 being more available (still not everywhere, but I actually saw some on the pegs yesterday) maybe it will be easier to get these, even with a price jump
    Last edited by Troz Bloodbone; December 31, 2009 at 01:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Troz Bloodbone View Post
    Bigbad started getting their wave 12 stuff now. Only Desaad and Mary Batson though.

With seeing wave 11 in the store, and wave 10 being more available (still not everywhere, but I actually saw some on the pegs yesterday) maybe it will be easier to get these, even with a price jump
    My LCS manager said he should be getting Desaad, Mary Marvel & Copperhead sometime in the next week or so. So much for a break from DCUC......

I just got my four Wave 10s that I ordered and I am FLOORED by how great they are! The last Walmart wave... pretty much stunk. Really lackluster, drab figures, but Wave 10 are among the best figures in the entire line!

Robotman
    looks just as great as he did in the prototype photos. He's not a character I care anything about, but when I saw how sweet the pics looked, I was tempted to get him. He was fourth on my list of the ones I wanted, but I am indeed impressed with how nice he turned out.

Beast Boy
    , for as simple and basic a figure as he is, is still very eye-catching and very nicely executed. The hairy forearms are a neat touch. I could have sworn in the prototype photos he had his lower fangs (or whatever they are called) sticking out, as he is often illustrated as having in the comics (which I don't like), but they are not on the finished toy. Like I said, I could just be mistaken about that.

One negative remark, both Beast Boy and Robotman have some really awkward grammar in their bios. Beastboy's reads, "While traveling to Africa with his scientist parents, Garfield Logan fell victim to a deadly virus..." which would mean he caught this illness en route, when he actually got sick while traveling in Africa. Robotman's reads, "Once one of the greatest, and wealthiest, race car drivers in the world until a devastating racing accident destroyed his body. The mysterious doctor Niles Caulder saved Cliff Steele by transplanting his brain into a ceramic metal body." That first part isn't even a full sentence and has too many commas. The ones around "and wealthiest" are completely unnecessary. The way it reads altogether at first glance is that Niles Caulder was the one whose body was destroyed. (Also, there SHOULD be a comma after "doctor.") Anyway, moving on...

Powergirl
    is great! I'm surprised by how limited her head movement is, though, considering her short hairdo. After Silver Banshee had such great head movement, I'm surprised that PG doesn't equal up. And she has teenie, tiny hands, like Black Canary. Boo. BUT, overall, she looks fantastic and I am more than delighted by her!

Her bio on the back of her card is wrong, though. The origin listed is the out of date version, from back when she was the granddaughter of Arion. They even describe her powers as magical! Man, Mattel's quality control in this area really stinks!

And finally, The Joker! BEST! FIGURE!! EVER!!! The head sculpt and paint are FLAWLESS! If ever there were a DEFINITIVE Joker action figure, THIS is it! I love everything about him! It's amazing how much he trumps so many non-exclusive figures. I mean, this is the new Gold Standard as far as I'm concerned! There isn't a single thing wrong with him. The only way I could imagine anyone disagreeing is if they simply prefer a different interpretation of The Joker. THIS figure is the definitive Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez '80s Style Guide version brought to life... well, you know what I mean. Worth the wait, baby! 100%!

Meijer currently has DCUC on clearance for $9.72 each. The one I was at tonight had a good amount of Guardian, Black Adam & Deadshot, along with a lone Black Canary. Hopefully they're just clearing out the figures in the original Waves 1-11 packaging and will continue to carry the line going forward. The Meijers out here in the Chicago area have been pretty decent with selling through stock and getting current waves in, but I know ones that I've been to in Michigan have been swamped with Wave 2 leftovers.....

Any chance you'd be willing to pick up a Black Adam and Guardian for this fellow?

Pure awesomeness.....

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Any chance you'd be willing to pick up a Black Adam and Guardian for this fellow?
    I'll keep you posted when I head back in the next few days.....
    Last edited by Skullface; January 2, 2010 at 10:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just got a loose Eradicator I bought off eBay. He's in good shape, but very rubbery. Are all wave 5 figures like that?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Just got a loose Eradicator I bought off eBay. He's in good shape, but very rubbery. Are all wave 5 figures like that?
    From my understanding, the majority of that wave has tons of QC issues and crummy limbs. Personally, I only found Riddler, but I haven't opened him yet to see how he is, but after reading a bunch of posts from people that did find the rest of them, a good chunk of figures had rubbery limbs, and still suffered from mismatched assembly.....

My wife just called and she finally found the Batman walmart wave. Wanted to pick this wave up for my daughter for xmas. But glad we found them.

austin

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    does anybody need anything from wave 10?one of the walmarts in my area has some power girls,batman,manbat,beastboy,and robotman.the target in town here also has some figures for chemo man wave.

I still need wave 2 with c&c peices minus the red superman,all of wave 5.and all of the giganta wave,my target has the figures with both arms,which i will be getting tomarrow,and they have more od those in the stockroom,which i will check on.also a walmart in my area has the 5 pack on clearance for $40.00,their are 3 of those,one i will be getting tomarrow also.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    I was so suprised to find the gaganta and the kemo wave at tru

I need Wildcat (either version), Guardian, and Black Adam. Also a robot Mantis. Anybody who can score those, let me know!

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    DC cannot use the word "Marvel" on any packaging/comic covers to sell product due to Marvel Comics. They can use "Marvel" inside comics and in TV/movies because the name isn't being used to sell/advertise the product. (Which is why Captain Marvel is packaged as Shazam!) They did the same thing for the Infinite Heroes figures:

http://www.impulsecreations.net/cata...2681100194.jpg

EDIT: Just saw on the Matty site that the Alexander Luthor/Ultraman 2-pack has sold out! Animal Man/B'Wana Beast is the only one left!
    I knew the reason for Capt. Marvel but I didn't think that applied to Mary for some reason. Although I've seen them in stores regularly, I didn't notice her name change on the Infinite Heroes packaging until I looked at the posted photo, lol. Marvel needs to lighten up on that a tad considering the history and all. Someone posted a video of Neal Adams at the NY Comic Con regarding the Capt. Marvel/Marvel Comics:

Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Still want Joker..... never gunna find it
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Still want Joker..... never gunna find it
    Toyguru confirmed he will be getting re-issued this year, albeit without the Imperiex C&C piece. (If that matters)

From my understanding, the majority of that wave has tons of QC issues and crummy limbs. Personally, I only found Riddler, but I haven't opened him yet to see how he is, but after reading a bunch of posts from people that did find the rest of them, a good chunk of figures had rubbery limbs, and still suffered from mismatched assembly.....
    Upon closer inspection he has two right forearms. Sigh. At least I didn't pay that much for him.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Toyguru confirmed he will be getting re-issued this year, albeit without the Imperiex C&C piece. (If that matters)
    Oh good!! Nah the peice doesnt matter at all, I really mostly only get the batman related characthers, and the old joker just looks so out of place. Thanks for the heads up!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Wow I got two of the new Mego repros of Green Arrow today in the mail from Matty and the packaging is so warped it looked like they had been in storage for 20 years. UGH.

Right now I have about twenty DVDs on each in hopes to flatten them out.....
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Hey guys I have an idea why don't we post a want list of all the dc classis that we need .we can help eachother on our sets

Mine:

WANTS:

Wildcat (either version)
    Guardian
    Black Adam
    Robot Mantis

Does anyone have a list of everything that has been released for DC Superheroes/Classics and Infinite figures by waves?

I am thinking of trying to get back into these again even though they are not in my area hardly at all lol, and most of mine are in storage lol so I am basically starting from square one.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....