Page 88 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Many of the DCSH figures have been incorporated into DCUC without re-dos...so far, I count Batgirl, Azrael, Catwoman, Two-Face, Clayface, Man-Bat, Bizarro, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, and an upcoming Supergirl/Lex Luthor (armored) two pack. (Actually, with the exception of Man-Bat, they've all been in 2-packs or multi-packs). They look fine with the DCUC figures.

The Clark Kent sculpt, for example, from DCSH, has been used as the buck for Riddler, Two-Face and the Question so far. (Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the proportions on it because it makes the shoulders hunched, but it's the right height to match up with DCUC.)

At any rate, I'm pretty sure there won't be any Matty-exclusive sets in the near future, from what they've said about being disappointed in sales in '09.

It's hit and miss for me. Compare either Batgirl or Supergirl to Wonder Woman and Black Canary. The size differences are very noticeable. Strangely enough the DCSH Robin figure is larger and more in scale with DCUC than the DCUC Robin. The "scale" is all over the place.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    It's hit and miss for me. Compare either Batgirl or Supergirl to Wonder Woman and Black Canary. The size differences are very noticeable. Strangely enough the DCSH Robin figure is larger and more in scale with DCUC than the DCUC Robin. The "scale" is all over the place.
    I like the different body types. Not every woman should be the same height and shape. Some of the recent DCU figs are very skinny too, Katma Tui for instance. To me it makes perfect sense that an Amazon like Wonder WOMAN is bigger than SuperGIRL or BatGIRL.

Because Tin is often drawn as very tiny when compared to the others - he'd be only Mxyzptlk or Ganthet-sized, and not really big enough to be carded on his own, so it makes sense they'd release him packed with a female character.

That, I assume, is the logic - until something official is announced, though, I'm just guessing.
    Makes sense to me. Tin has very little mass and wouldn't make for much of a solo figure. As long as he has the same articulation as everyone else it seems smart.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Oh, that DCUC Robin buck drives me nuts (on Beast Boy and Kid Flash, too). They look like they're about 9, as opposed to teenagers.

Outside of that, though, I don't really have any complaints about the females' heights. The only one who really bugs me is Sinestro, but that's a whole 'nother story.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    The Tin pack-in sounds suspect. Why wouldn't they make him as a separate figure? They didn't make Kid Flash a pack-in with The Flash, just because he was a smaller figure. But it wouldn't be unprecedented to have three Metal Men in one wave, considering we got three Green Lanterns in the last set, with John, Katma and Killowog as the c&c. The Metal Men wave would make more sense if Platinum and Tin were separate figures with Lead being the C&C.

The oddest thing about that proposed wave is... the headliner is who exactly? Phantom Stranger?
    true but who is the real headliner of wave 14? i guess you can say alan scott since he is a GL?

i am betting mattel shifted some stuff around shortly after walmart received that list
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Oh, that DCUC Robin buck drives me nuts (on Beast Boy and Kid Flash, too). They look like they're about 9, as opposed to teenagers.

Outside of that, though, I don't really have any complaints about the females' heights. The only one who really bugs me is Sinestro, but that's a whole 'nother story.
    I know the Horsemen are big fans of the animated series, so that's probably why Robin and Beast Boy are so small. It would also explain the choice of costume for BB.

I agree about Sinestro though. He's sorely in need of a redo, as are Doomsday and Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I like the different body types. Not every woman should be the same height and shape. Some of the recent DCU figs are very skinny too, Katma Tui for instance. To me it makes perfect sense that an Amazon like Wonder WOMAN is bigger than SuperGIRL or BatGIRL.
    I like different body types if there is a scale dictating the differences. The DCUC figures have no rhyme or reason to them. The Barbara Gordon Batgirl was a full-grown woman who went by "Batgirl". Does that really mean she should be a full "foot" shorter than, say, Black Canary?

Yep. They look like nine-year-olds with freakishly overdeveloped muscles. Even by themselves, they look odd.
    Last edited by Teelor; February 9, 2010 at 01:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I like different body types if there is a scale dictating the differences. The DCUC figures have no rhyme or reason to them. The Barbara Gordon Batgirl was a full-grown woman who went by "Batgirl". Does that really mean she should be a full "foot" shorter than, say, Black Canary?
    That's exaggerating, she's a couple of inches, maybe half a foot taller at most. When Batgirl started out she was just a teenager, so she should be shorter than Black Canary.

That's exaggerating, she's a couple of inches, maybe half a foot taller at most. When Batgirl started out she was just a teenager, so she should be shorter than Black Canary.
    I measured them, and you are right: Batgirl is about 1/3" shorter than Wonder Woman (I have the Artemis version) -- but Batgirl's boobs only come to WW's waist -- doesn't that seem weird? I still think Batgirl looks too short. Barbara was originally a college graduate when she became Batgirl, so I still stand by my assertion that she should look like a full-grown woman. But to each his own.

The Metal Men wave would make more sense if Platinum and Tin were separate figures with Lead being the C&C.
    Except that Lead is shorter, but wider than Iron & Gold. Ideally, they'd retool the Etrigan body for him. I suppose they could still do him regular sized as a CnC, like how Metamorpho was, but I kinda doubt it. They could use the Kid Flash body for Tin, but that's a bit too large for how the character is drawn. (Not that there haven't been scale issues in the past. Sinestro or Lobo anyone?)

While I'm not a fan of the Metal Men characters, the Iron & Gold figures look amazing, and I want the rest of the team now, based on the 4H's work. Pretty much all the base bodies are there:

Iron - Batman body
    Gold - Black Manta body
    Lead - Etrigan body
    Platinum - Wonder Woman body (I hate the Harley body, and the Mary Marvel body is too small)
    Mercury - Deadman body
    Tin - either the Kid Flash/Robin body or new tooling
    Magnus - The Question body

The oddest thing about that proposed wave is... the headliner is who exactly? Phantom Stranger?
    Mattel has said repeatedly that now with All-Star re-issues, there's no need for a formal A-list headliner each wave anymore. Look at Wave 14-headlined by Zatanna & Alan Scott? Due to JLU & BTAS, Zatanna is the only one that *might* get any sort of recognition from non-comic fans. But then again, there haven't been any All-Stars in either of the previous Wal-Mart waves. My guess is Mattel knows how fast these things move, so if they can sell through with a lineup of C&D listers, why not avoid problems like the Supes/Bizarro DCSH cases?

My only complaint about these upcoming rumored waves, as well as recent waves - I really need to see some more classic villains!
    Quoted for truth. If I only get one more villain, it HAS to be Toyman. (Just to finish off the LoD) However, my main villain in the "Why the heck hasn't this one been made yet" category is Poison Ivy.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I measured them, and you are right: Batgirl is about 1/3" shorter than Wonder Woman (I have the Artemis version) -- but Batgirl's boobs only come to WW's waist -- doesn't that seem weird? I still think Batgirl looks too short. Barbara was originally a college graduate when she became Batgirl, so I still stand by my assertion that she should look like a full-grown woman. But to each his own.
    True, it really does come down to personal preference. I'm more of a fan of the animated DC universe than the comics, so i'll always think of Barbara as being quite petite.

DCSH Supergirl I can live with because she's younger now than the Linda Danvers version (or even the Crisis era SG), so she can be smaller, but I always considered Batgirl older and think she should be in scale with BC and the others. Catwoman is another one I'd like to see re-sculpted, just a tad bigger. I have the purple suited one that came in the Walmart set, which is okay, but I'd like a better, updated figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Mattel has said repeatedly that now with All-Star re-issues, there's no need for a formal A-list headliner each wave anymore. Look at Wave 14-headlined by Zatanna & Alan Scott? Due to JLU & BTAS, Zatanna is the only one that *might* get any sort of recognition from non-comic fans. But then again, there haven't been any All-Stars in either of the previous Wal-Mart waves. My guess is Mattel knows how fast these things move, so if they can sell through with a lineup of C&D listers, why not avoid problems like the Supes/Bizarro DCSH cases?
    I'd say the first Walmart wave had Atom and/or The Riddler as headliners and the second had Batman and The Joker, who are definitely headliners. I'm okay without there being a huge name in each, because they're kind of running out, but I would think that in order to survive, people other than us have to buy them and I worry that that won't be the case with really obscure characters that "normal" people don't recognize.

Quoted for truth. If I only get one more villain, it HAS to be Toyman. (Just to finish off the LoD) However, my main villain in the "Why the heck hasn't this one been made yet" category is Poison Ivy.
    Back at you - with Martian Manhunter likely on his way, Ivy's the one real huge omission in the line, and my most-wanted villain.

I'd love a Toyman, and suspect we will see him eventually, but truth be told I really like the DCD Toyman, which I find goes in well with the DCUC figures. I want a DCUC eventually, but the DCD one holds me over.

I'd really like to see guys like Chronos, Killer Frost, Star Sapphire, Dr. Polaris et al - and more Flash Rogues - it really baffles me that we haven't seen a Reverse-Flash yet. If ever there was an easy repaint, that's it.

Superman/He-Man 2-pack with reprinted comic is official! Go get Toyfare tomorrow for some pics. TRU exclusive slated sometime around April. No price yet, but I'm guessing $30-$40.

Even though I have both figures and the original comic, I'm getting this as soon as I see it!

Oh, and those scans from Toyfare of Wave 14 don't do them justice. Wait until you see the magazine pics.....

Just read on the Matty forums that someone found the listing for the 2-pack in the TRU computer and it'll be $29.99.
    Last edited by Skullface; February 9, 2010 at 11:29pm.

I'd really like to see guys like Chronos, Killer Frost, Star Sapphire, Dr. Polaris et al - and more Flash Rogues - it really baffles me that we haven't seen a Reverse-Flash yet. If ever there was an easy repaint, that's it.
    Chronos! YES! His classic costume is ridiculously wacky, but I love it! If Killer Moth can make the cut, so can he! And definitely more Flash Rogues... it would never happen, but they'd make a killer wave all to themselves! (With maybe a Solovar c&c since Grodd's already been done!) Another classic baddie whose costume I just love is Count Vertigo! Bring it on!

I think Mattel has been soured on Flash rogues after our friend Captain Cold, sadly, became one of the biggest pegwarmers of 2009. Outside of being a little shrimpy, he's awesome!

I think Mattel has been soured on Flash rogues after our friend Captain Cold, sadly, became one of the biggest pegwarmers of 2009. Outside of being a little shrimpy, he's awesome!

That may be it, but as long as they're evenly packed, I'd hope the "moms and kids" quotient of the buyers would snatch up some brightly colored bad guys - Capt. Cold may be a bit more subdued, visually, but I'd like to think Mirror Master or Trickster, for example, would do OK.

Y'know at least around here, Captain Cold isn't the peg warmer he appears to be elsewhere. I'd say Hawkman and Killer Moth are the ones I run into constantly. If a store has ANY of these figures, it's those two.

Maybe The Flash can appear on The Brave & The Bold along with some of his colorful Rogues and give them a bump in popularity. At least one could be released with the inevitable Jay Garrick version... unless they decide to do a Golden Age villain instead. Hard to say which I'd prefer.

Y'know at least around here, Captain Cold isn't the peg warmer he appears to be elsewhere. I'd say Hawkman and Killer Moth are the ones I run into constantly. If a store has ANY of these figures, it's those two.

Maybe The Flash can appear on The Brave & The Bold along with some of his colorful Rogues and give them a bump in popularity. At least one could be released with the inevitable Jay Garrick version... unless they decide to do a Golden Age villain instead. Hard to say which I'd prefer.

By me, Captain Cold, Cyborg and Firestorm are omnipresent.

And as an aside, Flash WILL be appearing on B&B (whenever it comes back). Per the creators, there's a "Flash Legacy" episode which will air after the mid-season Starro story arc ends.

Lately I've been seeing Shazaam, Dr. Impossible, and Booster Gold the most, but Firestorm and Cyborg are always at one store (same ones I think). Last year there was a splurge at Christmas, but it didn't seem that way this year for me--must have just been unlucky.

True, it really does come down to personal preference. I'm more of a fan of the animated DC universe than the comics, so i'll always think of Barbara as being quite petite.
    I, too, am a DCAU fan. If the comics were as good as those shows, we'd be set!

Here in Chicago, I have noticed several characters warming pegs for months on end -- specifically, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Killer Moth and Firestorm.
    Last edited by Teelor; February 11, 2010 at 02:07pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I, too, am a DCAU fan. If the comics were as good as those shows, we'd be set!
    I like DCAU too, though I didn't feel they did right by the sidekicks, particularly Tim Drake. The Teen Titans show was partially to blame for that though, it prevented them from using most of those characters.

I don't really go for the comical take that BandB offers, but at least it showcases obscure characters in very toy-friendly appearances (something DCAU didn't always do).

NOOOOOOOOO I NEED MY ROGUES!!!!!!!! I need my flash figure to face the combined might of Mirror Master/Heatwave/Trickster/Captain Boomerang/Weather Wizard and The Top

I Personally blame Geoff Johns, I got into the flash via his run on the series and now the rouges are some of my favourite charecters

I agree that maybe we could get a whole wave of just the rogues (Maybe with a CNC of Girder

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

I agree that maybe we could get a whole wave of just the rogues (Maybe with a CNC of Girder

JAG2045

I'm more old-school and fan of the goofy, so I'd go for a C&C of Big Sir!

Maybe there's hope for a box-set (a la the Superman/Batman one from last year) with a Flash redeco and four Rogues....ones that wouldn't require a lot of new tooling, like say Reverse-Flash, Trickster, Top and Weather Wizard, or something like that.

I'm more old-school and fan of the goofy, so I'd go for a C&C of Big Sir!

Maybe there's hope for a box-set (a la the Superman/Batman one from last year) with a Flash redeco and four Rogues....ones that wouldn't require a lot of new tooling, like say Reverse-Flash, Trickster, Top and Weather Wizard, or something like that.
    Big Sur s a great choice, but then you're opening a whole new JL Antarctica can of worms! A box set would be great, but if there's room for one all-new figure, Captain Boomerang is a MUST!