Page 90 of 211 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    but DP fans can always hope for Elasti-Girl.....
    Isn't she retired and living with her husband Bob Parr and their (incredible) three kids?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Isn't she retired and living with her husband Bob Parr and their (incredible) three kids?
    Actually, I wonder if Pixar's character would mean that DC can't use the name any longer, like with the Marvel Family.

Sinestro Corps Batman?! He was a Yellow Lantern for all of one page! Hopefully, he'll be the Figure Stand character from this wave and I can just skip him.

I'm still a tad stunned that J'emm Son of Saturn is getting an action figure. Also, curious to see which Starman this is, and what the variant is. I'm guessing Thom Kallor. The variant could be nothing more than him without the face mask. Guess we'll see.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Okay, so if if this shakes out it's mostly what we'd heard, just with the OMAC switching out Mento. Are we qualifying OMAC as a villain (i.e., modern?) because that's been my gripe with these waves, is the dearth of villains.

The others all make sense - I am assuming the variant for J'onn will be the 'modern' look, but they also might slap a new head on him and do the 'real form' version.

For Starman, I have to figure at least one of the versions will be the Ted Knight classic look, since the overall aim of the DC line has been Silver/Bronze age looks for things. (fine by me!) I don't think there's an easy way to get Jack Knight out of that, but they can probably tweak the classic version to get a Prince Gavyn version as well.

At any rate, I'm very happy to finally get Martian Manhunter and Raven.

And yes, Sinestro Corps Batman is kind of a strange choice for a figure.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Actually, I wonder if Pixar's character would mean that DC can't use the name any longer, like with the Marvel Family.

Sinestro Corps Batman?! He was a Yellow Lantern for all of one page! Hopefully, he'll be the Figure Stand character from this wave and I can just skip him.

I'm still a tad stunned that J'emm Son of Saturn is getting an action figure. Also, curious to see which Starman this is, and what the variant is. I'm guessing Thom Kallor. The variant could be nothing more than him without the face mask. Guess we'll see.
    I totally agree - pretty useless/obvious variant though- lets hope he comes with the stand

I wonder what martian manhunter we will get? I assume the normal one will be the classic beetlebrow look but what of the variant? will it my him in his martian look or maybe the blue costume he wore after infinte crisis until his death?

JAG2045
    Last edited by JAG2045; February 28, 2010 at 02:23pm.
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I'm sure Golden Pharaoh will come with a Super Powers stand, similar to Desaad, Cyclotron & Tyr. SC Batman will have a C&C piece.

Dunno about the Pixar trademark deal, but if anything, Elasti-Girl would just be released with her real name on packaging.

Going by the trends in the line, I'd be very surprised if we ended up getting modern OMAC vs classic. I think the modern version would be better served as a Mattycollector exclusive/multipack character for army builders.....

As far as the Martian Manhunter variant, I'm guessing a different, "natural form" head. (Hope it's not a lame phasing translucent figure) I think Mattel will spend more $$$ on the Starman variants.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I'm sure Golden Pharaoh will come with a Super Powers stand, similar to Desaad, Cyclotron & Tyr. SC Batman will have a C&C piece.

Dunno about the Pixar trademark deal, but if anything, Elasti-Girl would just be released with her real name on packaging.

Going by the trends in the line, I'd be very surprised if we ended up getting modern OMAC vs classic. I think the modern version would be better served as a Mattycollector exclusive/multipack character for army builders.....

As far as the Martian Manhunter variant, I'm guessing a different, "natural form" head. (Hope it's not a lame phasing translucent figure) I think Mattel will spend more $$$ on the Starman variants.....
    I just assumed it would be a phasing variant, but the modern black costume makes sense. I actually always hated his "classic" costume. If he'd had normal human skin tone, people would have realized long ago how stupid his costume (or lack thereof) was.

I'd definitely bet on a classic OMAC over the Infinite Crisis ones. But for Starman, I would have bet Thom Kallor, but it's really anyone's guess, seeing as how they did the modern Mr. Terrific, but the Golden Age Dr. Mid-Nite, just to name two. I actually really like the Prince Gavyn version as seen on JLU, but I doubt that's even a possibility. Well... more likely than Will Payton at least.

Ah, also I looked it up on Wikipedia and the Doom Patrol character is Elasti-Girl, while the Incredibles character is Elastigirl. So... that's probably difference enough. Also odd, Elasti-Girl's name is Rita Farr. Elastigirl's is Helen Parr. Isn't that strange?

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

DC Universe Classics All-Stars

I am new to collecting the DC Universe Classics and thought I would start with the All-Stars.

Can someone tell me which All-Stars have already been released and which are to come and when? I would VERY much appreciate the help. I currently have Nightwing and Superman...that's it.

Also, where do you find all of this information about upcoming releases?

I have also posted this over at the Matty Forums. Let's see who is fastest at giving a response.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am new to collecting the DC Universe Classics and thought I would start with the All-Stars.

Can someone tell me which All-Stars have already been released and which are to come and when? I would VERY much appreciate the help. I currently have Nightwing and Superman...that's it.

I have also posted this over at the Matty Forums. Let's see who is fastest at giving a response.
    Shazam and The Flash for sure. I found a Flash in the latest batch of DCUCs at my Target, which I think is the first time they've gotten more in stock in over a year. It was All-star Flash with Black Canary, GA and Vigilante. The Flash got snatched up pretty quickly.

I also know Powergirl, Nightwing, Hal Jordan and someone else will be an All-Star assortment coming out sometime soon.

The ones I can remember:

Batman (Wave 1 blue/gray version)
    Firestorm (Wave 2 Ronnie Raymond version)
    Green Lantern (Wave 3 Hal Jordan version)
    Robin (Wave 3)
    Nightwing (Wave 3)
    Wonder Woman (Wave 4)
    Shazam! (Wave 6)
    Flash (Wave 7)
    Vigilante (Wave 8 - I *think* he was rereleased as an All-Star)
    Green Arrow (Wave 9)
    Power Girl (Wave 10)
    The Joker (Wave 10 - announced for sometime this year)
    Superman (Wal-Mart 5-pack version)
    Batman (Wal-Mart 5-pack version)

I think that might be all of them, but I'm not 100% sure.....

Shazam and The Flash for sure. I found a Flash in the latest batch of DCUCs at my Target, which I think is the first time they've gotten more in stock in over a year. It was All-star Flash with Black Canary, GA and Vigilante. The Flash got snatched up pretty quickly.

I also know Powergirl, Nightwing, Hal Jordan and someone else will be an All-Star assortment coming out sometime soon.

The ones I can remember:

Batman (Wave 1 blue/gray version)
    Firestorm (Wave 2 Ronnie Raymond version)
    Green Lantern (Wave 3 Hal Jordan version)
    Robin (Wave 3)
    Nightwing (Wave 3)
    Wonder Woman (Wave 4)
    Shazam! (Wave 6)
    Flash (Wave 7)
    Vigilante (Wave 8 - I *think* he was rereleased as an All-Star)
    Green Arrow (Wave 9)
    Power Girl (Wave 10)
    The Joker (Wave 10 - announced for sometime this year)
    Superman (Wal-Mart 5-pack version)
    Batman (Wal-Mart 5-pack version)

I think that might be all of them, but I'm not 100% sure.....
    Thank you Wonderboy and Skullface for your responses.

How do you know if someone is an All-Star? Like I said, I only have Nightwing and Superman and they both say "DC Comics 75 years of Super Power" on the front and say All Star on the side.

Also, why do some figures not have the wave and figure # on the front?

Sorry I don't know much yet
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; February 22, 2010 at 04:00pm.

Thank you Wonderboy and Skullface for your responses.

How do you know if someone is an All-Star? Like I said, I only have Nightwing and Superman and they both say "DC Comics 75 years of Super Power" on the front and say All Star on the side.

Also, why do some figures not have the wave and figure # on the front?

Sorry I don't know much yet
    If I understand correctly, the World's Greatest Super-Hero/All-Star figures do not have waves and figures, because those re-releases are non-wave specific. I have not seen any of the new-card-design WGSH/All-Stars yet, but I do know that was the change to the card for the 2009 figures.

I actually think there are only twelve so far, 6 from '09 (Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Firestorm and Captain Marvel (AKA Shazam)), and six new ones (Superman, Flash, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Power Girl, and Joker.) I'm not sure about Vigilante, but I didn't think he got a re-release, but if people are finding him on the new card design, then I guess he did!

Also, the grey Batman re-release is, I believe, just a TRU exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Actually, he's the same one that's in the upcoming Wal-Mart 2-pack. He's got the all bat chest logo, not the oval. But yeah, that TRU one has the accessories like the All-Star release. The Bats & Supes from the 5-pack are available on both the original card design (as they were shipped with Wave 11) and they are also on the new 75th anniversary packaging (Wave 12+)

Last edited by Skullface; February 22, 2010 at 06:03pm.

If I understand correctly, the World's Greatest Super-Hero/All-Star figures do not have waves and figures, because those re-releases are non-wave specific. I have not seen any of the new-card-design WGSH/All-Stars yet, but I do know that was the change to the card for the 2009 figures.

I actually think there are only twelve so far, 6 from '09 (Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Firestorm and Captain Marvel (AKA Shazam)), and six new ones (Superman, Flash, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Power Girl, and Joker.) I'm not sure about Vigilante, but I didn't think he got a re-release, but if people are finding him on the new card design, then I guess he did!

A BIG thank you to Thatman. I am slowly learning. THANKS!!!

Anyone else is free to educate me

Actually, he's the same one that's in the upcoming Wal-Mart 2-pack. He's got the all bat chest logo, not the oval. But yeah, that TRU one has the accessories like the All-Star release. The Bats & Supes from the 5-pack are available on both the original card design (as they were shipped with Wave 11) and they are also on the new 75th anniversary packaging (Wave 12+)
    OK, fair enough - once I have a character in hand, I tend to ignore further mention of it - kind of like "I finally have it, now I don't want to hear about it anymore!"

The Wave 1 Batman was all I needed, but my Supes of choice is the Wal-Mart five-pack version.

So there are two different versions of WGSH/All-Star Batman, then, but only one Superman?

So there are two different versions of WGSH/All-Star Batman, then, but only one Superman?
    Correct. WGSH/AS has Blue/Gray Bats w/oval, Black/Gray Bats w/oval & classic Supes. Though I guess technically, you can include the TRU exclusive one as well, making 3 All-Star Batman releases....

Anyone wanting a pretty decent checklist, go here:

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/figur...cuclassics.htm
    Last edited by Skullface; February 22, 2010 at 08:46pm.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Correct. WGSH/AS has Blue/Gray Bats w/oval, Black/Gray Bats w/oval & classic Supes. Though I guess technically, you can include the TRU exclusive one as well, making 3 All-Star Batman releases....

http://www.itsalltrue.net/toyrun/runthree/runthree3.JPG

Anyone wanting a pretty decent checklist, go here:

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/figur...cuclassics.htm
    Looking at the image, two things pop out at me. 1. Batman in the artwork HAS the oval, while the figure doesn't. And 2. Hal Jordan doesn't have trunks. It's the newer version from the comics. (Which... BOO by the way.) I wonder if the All-Star will be repainted.

All of the "new" figures I found at my Target were on old-style packages and the ones that were supposed to had the C&C pieces, which All-Stars don't. I knew Flash wasn't in the same Wave as the rest, so I assumed he was an All-Star mixed in, but I just realized that Vigilante also wasn't in the same wave as BC and GA, so I have no idea now where the heck they came from, if Mattel is shipping mixed assortments out or something. I can't say for sure, but is there really much demand for Vigilante? GA and BC, I can see, since over all, that assortment was so horribly under-ordered and therefore under-produced, I can see them shipping some extras out. BUT then again, for all I know, these could be returns. I doubt it, but it's possible. I could see those two being All-Stars, but like I said, they had C&C pieces.

Mattel's poor quality control has struck again; I just got the last figure I needed to complete Giganta only to realise her waist section is missing the vital connecting ring that joins the upper & lower body.

On the plus side, being forced to buy an extra Gentleman Ghost for the waist piece means I can now arm him with twin flintlock pistols.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; February 23, 2010 at 11:21am.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Mattel's poor quality control has struck again; I just got the last figure I needed to complete Giganta only to realise her waist section is missing the vital connecting ring that joins the upper & lower body.

On the plus side, being forced to buy an extra Gentleman Ghost for the waist piece means I can now arm him with twin flintlock pistols.
    You MAY be able to find just the pelvis part on eBay. I've been looking for Brimstone parts so I can have a complete figure without buying the figures I don't want. I only need his right arm, lower torso and left leg. So far, not much luck, but I'm not in a big hurry, so I'll remain patient and keep checking.

When the movie came out, I researched that. Turns out Disney and Pixar got the okay from WB to use the "Elasti-Girl" name in The Incredibles. WB retains the copyright.
    Last edited by Teelor; February 23, 2010 at 04:58pm.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    http://experiencethewonder.com/the_latest.php

DCUC: Wave 13 > Modern Cheetah - We were surprised to see the black halter and leggings added! Was this planned from the beginning or a later decision?

This was added on during planning. We do have plans for multiple versions of Cheetah as we go forward.

DCUC: Wave 13 > Modern Cheetah - Could we see the unclothed version as future variant?

Yes! We actually have this planned already.
    Hell yes!!! She's coming eventually!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Hell yes!!! She's coming eventually!
    The ONLY variant of Cheetah I care about seeing is Deborah Domaine.

The ONLY variant of Cheetah I care about seeing is Deborah Domaine.
    I'm looking forward to the Pricilla Rich Cheetah, but I will get the aerobics-wear Cheetah simply because I am a Wondie-fan. I am really glad that the "au naturelle" Cheetah will be offered eventually too. Now the thought of a Debbie Domaine Cheetah might be a fun prospect too!!!! Let's hope for George Perez Circe and Silver Swan to be on the list!!!!!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Pricilla Rich Cheetah, but I will get the aerobics-wear Cheetah simply because I am a Wondie-fan. I am really glad that the "au naturelle" Cheetah will be offered eventually too. Now the thought of a Debbie Domaine Cheetah might be a fun prospect too!!!! Let's hope for George Perez Circe and Silver Swan to be on the list!!!!!
    Since I have the set pre-ordered through ETC, I'll end up with both versions of Cheetah, but I'm not crazy about the halter-top look, so I don't know which one will end up on my shelf.

Circe I'd rather see in the JLU line, along with Lady Lunar, but I have to figure Angle Man is probably a nice easy DCUC figure-to-be.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I know it's probably a bit far fetched, but I'd love to see Dr. Poison made. I know she is probably one of the more obscure villians in the DCU, but I love her look and think she could be an awesome addition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Poison

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    I think Circe has a decent shot. Maybe not Silver Swan, but I can't help but think they could easily re-use some Hawkgirl parts, so it's certainly not out of the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I know it's probably a bit far fetched, but I'd love to see Dr. Poison made. I know she is probably one of the more obscure villians in the DCU, but I love her look and think she could be an awesome addition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Poison
    The problem with Dr. Poison would be the same as The Question, her cumbersome coat would make her practically a statue, rather than an action figure.

As far as obscurities that have ZERO chance of getting their own action figure, for whatever reason, I am captivated by Osira and her energy pyramid! Terry Dodson did some really nifty re-designs on some of Wondie's foes, but sadly they haven't really been utilized. I asked Gail Simone if there was any chance of her using some, but the answer I got led me to think not.

I know, terrible pic. Strangely, there aren't a ton of pics of Osira floating around the web.