Page 92 of 210 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Great news about wave 5! I wonder if there's hope for the other Wal-Mart waves getting this treatment then. I guess I'll have to order Tytus separate because he'll have Battle Cat numbers, ie puny.

RE the lull, they seem to be putting out the waves faster and faster, suggesting to me that they are selling tremendously well. I honestly cannot tell in the stores, where all I ever see are the same five or so figures, usually Captain Cold, Wonder Woman, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Dr. Impossible, or Shazaam. It seems like in my area, the lull has been going on for some time already, but they haven't dropped the line yet. If not for buying waves online, I wouldn't have anything but those characters I mentioned.

BTW, anyone seen the Green Lantern 5-pack in Wal-Mart yet?

Lycan
    I just got my wave 12 box from Matty. I might go that route every time now rather than wait and buy expensive imports off amazon. Probably not much in it pricewise, but it saves the worries of missing one here and there. (plus so long as they dont sell out means I can add an extra monthly MOTU figure to the order to get super fast)

Would be handy if this walmart wave showed up on Matty but I guess being exclusive means it wont.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Buying the waves from Matty is the only way I'll go from now on. I can never find these in stores anyway. Good news about Wave 5 as I figured I would never get these as the prices were too high for me on ebay.

Are they going to be selling every single wave released now on Matty? If so I'll probably do the same thing. These things have been a major pain in the butt to collect!!!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Are they going to be selling every single wave released now on Matty? If so I'll probably do the same thing. These things have been a major pain in the butt to collect!!!
    I'm sure well start seeing more in stores that now everyone is picking them up at matties

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm still waiting on my Wave 12 from BBTS, and am beginning to worry it isn't going to show up. I'm wondering if Mattel is holding back BBTS' remaining shipment until they've maxed out sales through their site.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I just wish you could preorder them through Matty like I do with Big Bad. I don't want to have to mess with getting on there at 11 and fighting all the MOTUC traffic. Or if maybe Matty would break things up so the MOTUC figs went on sale one day and DCUC another or something. Plus, my work schedule is erratic, so I'm not going to request off just to order toys. And, sorry guys, but you that are MOTU collectors have my sympathies. It seems like a complete disaster and nightmare and I don't want to have to endure that! With my toy temper, I'd be wilder and more ticked than most of the guys posting on the Classics board! (Although I definitely want Evil Lyn and She-Ra, but I've already kind of accepted that I'm going to have to overpay on eBay for them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I just wish you could preorder them through Matty like I do with Big Bad. I don't want to have to mess with getting on there at 11 and fighting all the MOTUC traffic. Or if maybe Matty would break things up so the MOTUC figs went on sale one day and DCUC another or something. Plus, my work schedule is erratic, so I'm not going to request off just to order toys. And, sorry guys, but you that are MOTU collectors have my sympathies. It seems like a complete disaster and nightmare and I don't want to have to endure that! With my toy temper, I'd be wilder and more ticked than most of the guys posting on the Classics board! (Although I definitely want Evil Lyn and She-Ra, but I've already kind of accepted that I'm going to have to overpay on eBay for them.)
    None of the DCUC stuff has sold out anywhere near the first day though, has it?

I would think you could easily try at anytime on release date (or shortly after) and get them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    None of the DCUC stuff has sold out anywhere near the first day though, has it?

I would think you could easily try at anytime on release date (or shortly after) and get them easily.
    True, none of the DCUC stuff so far has moved very fast at all. (Except for the Wonder Twins, but as a con exclusive, they don't count)

While Waves 11 & 12 didn't fly out the door on Mattycollector, a LOT of people had already found them when they went up. This will be hard to gauge, as Wave 5 is by far the most difficult to find, and there are still a TON of us who never found them.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of orders placed by resellers and other sites to get a hold of these. While the secondary market prices will go down from the crazy amounts they command now, if they sell through quickly, there will still be money to be made to a degree.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

True, but I get paranoid, none the less, so I feel like I have to get on there immediately and order them, just in case. But yes, they haven't sold that quickly, so I probably should just chill.

Matty will be clogged because of Tytus too. That's going to be a scary afternoon in May.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro 666 View Post
    possibly wrap a little duct tape around the area to make the fit snug. I had to do that with some parts on both Imperiex and Giganta.
    Thank you for the advice! My Imperiex has terrible bobble-head, but at least it stays connected to the torso while Darkseid doesn't at all. The shoddy quality has actually ruined one of my favorite characters, but maybe tape or saran wrap will make the difference.

On Imperiex you just have to push down harder until it clicks.

EM

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuga Viper View Post

EM
    I had the same problem. I was a little worried about forcing it, but after reading that advice online, I gave it a shot. A little extra pressure and Imperiex's head snaps right in the way it's supposed to.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

EM
    Well, Imperiex's head is locked in so far as it would have to be forcably pulled off the torso, it's just a terrible bobble head the way it is. Did you continue to push even after it was attached? Jeez, I'm going to ignore my inner 13-year-old's laughter at how this sounds.

Lycan
    wow that's helpful! The wobbly head didnt really bother me, but it really does make a difference. Who'd have thought it
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Thanks to a friend of mine, I now have Public Enemies Batman, Big Barda, Mr. Terrific, Commander Steel, Vigilante, Animal Man, and B'Wana Beast. That completes Atom Smasher for me!

Now onto the ridiculously expensive remainder of Wave 8 to complete Giganta! I also need to backtrack to Wave 3 because I want a masked Deathstroke, and a yellow Sinestro.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Waves 11 and 12 didn't sell too well on Mattycollector.com. Unless it picks up with Wave 13, we might be going back to BBTS pre-orders and hunting early mornings at Wal-Mart again.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

They waited too long to announce which waves they would be sure to carry. I'd preordered all the waves early, 13 from Corner Store Comics, because I got burned when wave 9 sold out online so long before it shipped. If they said right now they will be sure to have wave 14 or whatever the next one is that's not ruined by Wal*Mart, I'll buy from Matty. Once again, they need to get on the ball about preordering.

Sigh. I think I've just given up. I just bid on a DeSaad and Darkseid C+C on eBay. I just can't justify spending $120+ on the whole wave when those are the only ones I want from it.

Sigh. I think I've just given up. I just bid on a DeSaad and Darkseid C+C on eBay. I just can't justify spending $120+ on the whole wave when those are the only ones I want from it.
    Same here the money tree dried up a while back

I haven't pulled the plug yet. Lot's of piecemeal backtracking for me. It's costly, but I like these too much to stop collecting.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

DCUC Plastic Man confirmed for SDCC.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    DCUC Plastic Man confirmed for SDCC.....
    Oooooo! Where? Can you post a link? Any other news? JLU? Retro Action?

Oooooo! Where? Can you post a link? Any other news? JLU? Retro Action?
    Attack of the show on g4 tv

Looks like the accessories are:

stretchy "fly swatter" right arm
    stretchy left arm
    stretchy neck
    spring-coil lower torso
    suitcase body/torso (SDCC exclusive)

Seems to come as a standard base figure with the above attachments. The suitcase has holes to plug in the arms & neck.

Will definitely try to pick up a SDCC one, along with a Matty one (or several) to display in different combinations....