Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Snakewomen In Snakemen Society?

  1. #1
    Snakeman Hybrid cassie khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    snake mountain
    Posts
    99

    Snakewomen In Snakemen Society?

    this has kind been bugging me for a while now, if there were snakewomen how would they have been treated? what would there main role have been? would they have even been let in to king Hiss's army? ect what do you think.
    The snakemen will rise again mwa ha ha ha ha!


    Rest in peace eddie gurerro you stole the hearts of millions

    Dangerous Dogs Act Ban The Deed Not The Breed!!!!

  2. #2
    Hakujin discosupafly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    1,263
    Didn't we have a thread like this a few months ago? I think I remembered saying that one of the "charms" of those jerks in the Snakemen clan was that they were such... jerks. They were a bunch of zenophobic/racist sexist male chauvenist pig-snakes. That's what was so great about seeing them get beaten up - they deserved it!

    I don't think that women - even snake women, would have held any place in the Snakemen army. They would've been ridiculed. And probably eaten...
    Also, I always had the idea that the Snakemen were magical in their being and so "reproduction" as such was more or less something that King Hiss handled. Kinda something like stirring up more warriors from a magic cauldron or the like... I just find it very hard to imagine procreation between snake people, to say nothing of the fact that no female snakeman character has ever been represented in either the mini-comics or both major cartoon series.
    So even if they did exist, you can bet that those jerks would have delegated them to be slaves or mere servants at best.

  3. #3
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    While not particularly well educated on the patterns of behavior of the various species of snakes, I believe that humans are one of the few, or maybe the only, species on Earth that is so suppressive of its females. The Snakemen were depicted in the new series as having a lot of snake-like behaviors and characteristics. Plus, there was the green goddess who had snake-like characteristics in the early mythos.

    So, my conjecture is that it might have been that the females were revered as divine beings, or at least feared as such. The men took care of conquest, while their women were tucked away somewhere, or similar.

    I Think that most of the snakemen and women were killed off in long ago wars, and that King Hsss and his minions were all that remained, or nearly all that remained. I thought an interesting story would be for them to hunt for a mate, to preserve their race.

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie khan
    this has kind been bugging me for a while now, if there were snakewomen how would they have been treated? what would there main role have been? would they have even been let in to king Hiss's army? ect what do you think.

    This has been bugging you?

  5. #5
    MASTER CASTER skeletoncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,973
    i'm going to go with the snakewomen are holed up somewhere guarding their eggs and young offspring...personally, i don't like the notion that the snakemen reproduce magically...i'm ok with a few people being turned or cursed here and there, but that should be the exception, not the rule...

    fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon how you look at it, snakewomen are obviously pretty much not allowed to go into combat since we have never seen them there...my guess is there numbers are severly limited and/or producing/raising offspring takes on its own militaristic/survivalist approach where reproduction is as much a weapon and strategy of war/conquest as swords and mass attacks...essentially they are the "drill sergeants" of the snakemen, produce and train offspring to fight and kept hidden from the snakemen enemies to protect the future survival of the species/group...

    with that said i would LOVE to see a "butch lesbian" type snakewoman rise up and join the men on the battlefield, i think she would have to have EXTREME combat adaptations like Squeeeze or Snakeface to stand on her own with the rest of the men in times of conflict...for SOME reason i get an image of this warrior snakewoman weilding a cat o' nine tails with snake heads that can open and bite and whatnot...

    of course this begs the question of where do the specialized/adapted Snakemen like Squeeze, Snakeface, etc come from...do they belong to different sub-species of Snakemen, are they kinda like queen/male ants, they are normal fodder Snakemen who naturally develop into their adapted forms, or are the adapted forms the result of using specialized magic on normal fodder snakemen...??? i'm SO confused...
    Last edited by skeletoncrew; September 10, 2006 at 03:13pm.

  6. #6
    Expect 10 inches Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,985
    I have always thought that the various races on Eternia have classes amongst them. Through years and years of evolution the different classes have taken on different physical attributes. What we have actually seen only scratches the surface of the real Eternia.

    The class that Snakeface came from was probably very vein and over time their appearance evolved into something that can actually turn other "unworthy" creatures into stone for viewing what they consider ultimate beauty.

    Tunglashor's class was gluttonous and thus developed a tongue able to extract food from long distances, which also doubles as a weapon.

    Squeeze was from a class of slave keepers. Over years and years of keeping their slaves in line they developed elongated arms able to strike out at long distances to keep them in line.

    Rattlor's class was that of a hardened warrior. Every part of his body has been adapted for battle... including his head and neck.

    King Hiss was from a royal Class and gained the ability to hide his snake like appearance from allies/enemies for negotiation.

    Kobra Khan was from the only class to escape being locked into the magic void. His people had to hide away and developed a defensive ability to project acidic spit when confronted, or to cut through stone/metal walls and escape.

    The females of each class are hidden away and treated as property to prevent different classes from reproducing with each other and making new subclasses.

    The generic warriors we see are from the slave class. Their evolutionary mutations are not aloud to surface. When mutations begin to appear the "higher" classes kill them to prevent them from ever rising up and taking back their freedom.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

    Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    I have always thought that the various races on Eternia have classes amongst them. Through years and years of evolution the different classes have taken on different physical attributes. What we have actually seen only scratches the surface of the real Eternia.

    The class that Snakeface came from was probably very vein and over time their appearance evolved into something that can actually turn other "unworthy" creatures into stone for viewing what they consider ultimate beauty.

    Tunglashor's class was gluttonous and thus developed a tongue able to extract food from long distances, which also doubles as a weapon.

    Squeeze was from a class of slave keepers. Over years and years of keeping their slaves in line they developed elongated arms able to strike out at long distances to keep them in line.

    Rattlor's class was that of a hardened warrior. Every part of his body has been adapted for battle... including his head and neck.

    King Hiss was from a royal Class and gained the ability to hide his snake like appearance from allies/enemies for negotiation.

    Kobra Khan was from the only class to escape being locked into the magic void. His people had to hide away and developed a defensive ability to project acidic spit when confronted, or to cut through stone/metal walls and escape.

    The females of each class are hidden away and treated as property to prevent different classes from reproducing with each other and making new subclasses.

    The generic warriors we see are from the slave class. Their evolutionary mutations are not aloud to surface. When mutations begin to appear the "higher" classes kill them to prevent them from ever rising up and taking back their freedom.
    I like your thinking. These sorts of ideas would make great backstories.

    RE: snake women - who's to say that some of the snake soldiers/warriors were not female? maybe when it comes to the lowest class (soldiers), both sexes got involved???

  8. #8
    Expect 10 inches Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    I like your thinking. These sorts of ideas would make great backstories.

    RE: snake women - who's to say that some of the snake soldiers/warriors were not female? maybe when it comes to the lowest class (soldiers), both sexes got involved???
    Thank you... I actually had never even given any of it thought before typing the first message...
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

    Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

  9. #9
    Heroic Master of Tea Ry-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    736
    While not official canon. I really like the idea put forth with the character of Emprsss in the Fan Based Character Contest. Here's her info

    Quote Originally Posted by Royalt1us


    EMPRSSS (Emprisss)

    During the original wars on Eternia, Emprisss remained in the shadow of her husband King Hisss, preferring to watch the chaos unfold rather that immerse herself directly in the conflict. No stranger to the art of subtle manipulation and treachery, Emprisss used her wiles to stir conflict amongst their enemies, causing those who opposed King Hiss to squabble within their own ranks and ensure victory for the Snakemen.

    Though their banishment to the Void furthered her disdain for the Cosmic Enforcers, both she and Hisss knew their time would come to retake the planet. When the opportunity arose, Hisss asked that she remain safe in their stronghold, he would come for her when Eternia once again belonged to its rightful masters. Empriss was content to wait... for a time.

    After six months passed with no word, Empriss sent her scout Crimson to see what was happening beyond the void. When she was told of Hisss’ defeat and apparent death at the hands of Zodak and the Masters, she became enraged. It was then she declared that if Eternia would not kneel before a King, they would cower... before an Emprisss.

  10. #10
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,270
    They are SnakeMEN for a reason!!
    Hss would have eaten Emprsss for dressing better than him!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    125
    How can you tell the difference between a male and female snakeman? Since they are reptiles it might be hard to tell the difference. Hsss and Ratlor are obviously males but how do we know the others are males?

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    He-Cat - I LOVE it.

    I was never a fan of the Snake Men back in the day, but I now love them (thanks to the 4HM and MYP). Your empress loks like she'd fit right in. I'd love to see her take on the Sorceress.

  13. #13
    Heroic Master of Tea Ry-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    They are SnakeMEN for a reason!!
    Hss would have eaten Emprsss for dressing better than him!
    The X-MEN have several female members. But no one says that they can only be men.

    I don't think it's that hard to imagine Snake women.

  14. #14
    MASTER CASTER skeletoncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    I have always thought that the various races on Eternia have classes amongst them.
    if by "classes" you mean "sub-species" i'm with ya...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    Through years and years of evolution the different classes have taken on different physical attributes.
    i'm with ya, PERHAPS the snakemen magical abilities are specially adapted to mainipulate evolutionary adaptation and experimentation as well...giving them something of an edge(since they don't really use technology) and MORE varied appearance...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    The class that Snakeface came from was probably very vein and over time their appearance evolved into something that can actually turn other "unworthy" creatures into stone for viewing what they consider ultimate beauty.
    i'm not QUITE with these two, i like SnakeFace to be more or less unique...i THINK i'd like Squeeeze to be unique as well, BUT your backstory of his sub-species is SO cool you make me want to rethink that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    Rattlor's class was that of a hardened warrior. Every part of his body has been adapted for battle... including his head and neck.
    this one i'm digging, obviously the rattles gave this sub-species the ability to communicate over distances, which makes them a perfect leader/officer class...a group that would create and control an army...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    King Hiss was from a royal Class and gained the ability to hide his snake like appearance from allies/enemies for negotiation.
    this class would also be the primary magic users, ultimately responsible for the genetic legacy of the snakemen...this would explain why Hiss can appear human and then have multiple snake heads presumably controlled by one intelligence...OR could the other heads be previous snakemen high priest/kings that magically commune in one body...???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    Kobra Khan was from the only class to escape being locked into the magic void. His people had to hide away and developed a defensive ability to project acidic spit when confronted, or to cut through stone/metal walls and escape.
    personally, i would like to think that probably a few of each subspecies of snakemen survived, but without Hiss and the genetic magic they began to evolve more normally and slowly...a would suppose Khan's species probably don't all have acid, it is a more modern adaptation only happening to a few members...once again i like the characters to be unique or "special" not just another member of a species...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    The females of each class are hidden away and treated as property to prevent different classes from reproducing with each other and making new subclasses.
    i'd say hidden away, to make them sex slaves limits the character/story possibilities...but, deffinately VERY heavily guarded and watched out for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain
    The generic warriors we see are from the slave class. Their evolutionary mutations are not aloud to surface. When mutations begin to appear the "higher" classes kill them to prevent them from ever rising up and taking back their freedom.
    this is good...but, instead of killing them, they could promote them to officer ranks and USE their mutations for the evolutionary benefit of the snakemen...this type of genetic promotion could be where you get SnakeFace and some of the others...

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    who's to say that some of the snake soldiers/warriors were not female? maybe when it comes to the lowest class (soldiers), both sexes got involved???
    i deffinately like this idea, when it comes to the slave species perhaps they are magically sterilized or only removed/kills when they reach sexual maturity...

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Cat
    While not official canon. I really like the idea put forth with the character of Emprsss in the Fan Based Character Contest. Here's her info
    Emprsss is the *****...!!! she is the FIRST Snakewoman and deffinately should be worked into this stuff...anybody got any concept drawings or anything of this servant Crimson that is mentioned in the bio...??? that just might be the second snakewoman...

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Cat
    The X-MEN have several female members. But no one says that they can only be men.

    I don't think it's that hard to imagine Snake women.
    i agree...and if there aren't snakewoman where DO the snakemen come from...one at least has to envision some OTHER story to explain them...

  15. #15
    Heroic Master of Tea Ry-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy
    He-Cat - I LOVE it.

    I was never a fan of the Snake Men back in the day, but I now love them (thanks to the 4HM and MYP). Your empress loks like she'd fit right in. I'd love to see her take on the Sorceress.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew
    Emprsss is the *****...!!! she is the FIRST Snakewoman and deffinately should be worked into this stuff...anybody got any concept drawings or anything of this servant Crimson that is mentioned in the bio...??? that just might be the second snakewoman...
    While I would love to take credit for Emprsss... I can't.

    Tigerburn is the one who created her and then gbagok entered her into the competition.

    Sorry if there was any confusion as to who did what.

  16. #16
    MASTER CASTER skeletoncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Cat
    While I would love to take credit for Emprsss... I can't.
    Sorry if there was any confusion as to who did what.
    no confusion here, i knew you didn't create her...but, that doesn't make her ANY less the ****...!!! she rules...

    now about this Crimson character...???

  17. #17
    Todd Luck
    Guest
    For some reason this thread reminds me of that scene were, after eating ambrosia, Webstor has laid hundreds of eggs. One of the Masters, seeing this, says something to the effect of "I don't want to know how that's possible."

    I'm kinda surprised there were no snake women in the cartoon. They would've looked cool if they'd done them. I like the Emprsss design (Queen Hsss )

    They never said in the cartoon if the Snake Men were natives of Eternia or from someplace else, right?

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Luck
    For some reason this thread reminds me of that scene were, after eating ambrosia, Webstor has laid hundreds of eggs. One of the Masters, seeing this, says something to the effect of "I don't want to know how that's possible."

    I'm kinda surprised there were no snake women in the cartoon. They would've looked cool if they'd done them. I like the Emprsss design (Queen Hsss )

    They never said in the cartoon if the Snake Men were natives of Eternia or from someplace else, right?
    Are there any biologists in the forum? Does the female spider or snake lay eggs or is it the male? Who knows?

    Speaking of that super cool episode, I was thinking of exactly that, but a snake lair full of all of the snake women guarding all of the snake eggs that were a constant source of a snake man army. What a great source of enemies to carry on the She-Ra canon into series number five!
    Bring back He-Man!!!

  19. #19
    Todd Luck
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_it
    Are there any biologists in the forum? Does the female spider or snake lay eggs or is it the male? Who knows?

    Speaking of that super cool episode, I was thinking of exactly that, but a snake lair full of all of the snake women guarding all of the snake eggs that were a constant source of a snake man army. What a great source of enemies to carry on the She-Ra canon into series number five!
    She-Ra vs. The Snake-Women!

    I would hope she gets her own snake buster armor.

    The females lay the eggs from I've been able to find on the net.

  20. #20
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,052
    I was thinking the other day that maybe the new line tried to stick to the old line to much, as the only snakemen with characters were those that had a classic figure. There should have been snakewomen included in the new line, and possibbly a few new snakemen characters.
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Luck
    She-Ra vs. The Snake-Women!

    I would hope she gets her own snake buster armor.

    The females lay the eggs from I've been able to find on the net.
    Yeah, She-Ra would need some more bad guys/gurls if the line was to continue and Snake-Women would rock in my opinion.

    Yeah, if the females lay the eggs then this would explain why there were no Snake-Women and after Zodak killed King Hiss and the other Snake-Men, the Snake-Women vow to take over Eternia, but are banished to Etheria, just like St Patrick banished the snakes from Ireland and so they are the perfect new villains for She-Ra! No?
    Bring back He-Man!!!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    125
    I still think Snakeface, Squeeze, and Tongue Lashor are females.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast Guy
    I still think Snakeface, Squeeze, and Tongue Lashor are females.
    Is it their strong lisps that gave it away? I always thought that too!
    Bring back He-Man!!!

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Canadian_He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Cat
    While not official canon. I really like the idea put forth with the character of Emprsss in the Fan Based Character Contest. Here's her info
    Emprsss is an awesome character creation, and idea. It works very well for me.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior apokolips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    724
    You know, we're thinking like mammals here. Do reptiles have any distinguishing physical characteristics between male and female? If you saw a snake in your lawn, could you tell what sex it is? I get the feeling their army is a mixed bag, and we're too mammalcentric to tell the difference.
    "If I had a dollar for every time a tentacle-headed guy in a cape and boots said that to me, I'd... well, I'd probably have a dollar."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •