Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Secrets Finally Revealed!

This sounds like something that could've been really awesome! Faker is a doppelganger- but also bionic- and a sort of Anti He-Man! This storyline could've been so great, especially after the nice "Dark Reflections" 6-parter!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

What I'd like to know is what Faker would've looked like!

I wonder if we can see an art?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerico the warrior View Post
    Not sure about the Faker arc. I am sure the story would be 100% entertaining but I hate the idea of bringing in yet another villain especially one as plain as Faker.
    I think this Faker could have been an immensely interesting character. If I understand it correctly, in this version, Faker would essentially have been He-Man. However, this He-Man would have taken a dark, evil path in his life. Thus, his reactions to the good He-Man and the potential for his own inner conflict would have potentially made for great story material. This Faker was a king in his world. He wouldn't just be a "robot" who looks like He-Man - he would actually BE He-Man, albeit a twisted "reverse" version of that character. In the new story it even would have made sense that he's blue. His association with Skeletor (who is a hero in the Faker world), also would have been extremely interesting. It's a shame that MVC's re-envisioning of this character was prevented from ever seeing the light of day. I'm 100% certain Faker would have been a fan favorite villain with comic readers.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 27, 2006 at 11:02am.

Wait.
    There would be two comics at teh sametime? Did I hear that correctly

Or would the comic follow everyone into a different universe?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Wait.
    There would be two comics at teh sametime? Did I hear that correctly

Or would the comic follow everyone into a different universe?
    It seems to me that there would be a mini series running alongside the regular comic showing what was happening to good Duncan
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    It seems to me that there would be a mini series running alongside the regular comic showing what was happening to good Duncan
    Oh. I see. hmmm.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Cool stuff guys!

Working on Christmas though? C'mon...

-Brett
    Who was sleeping.

={+}=

that was GREAT - this is a cool way to reveal info

thanks, guys!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

That would have been great! I had been trying to think up my own version of Faker's origin and it doesn't even compare to this.

The really intriguing part for me is that Faker was actually Adam and he turned evil. That caught me off guard since I always envision Adam as an innocent character that is fully and completely good. To see him turn evil is more awe-inspiring than just having an evil He-Man in my opinion.

I'm sure Faker would have worked with Skeletor for a mini series, then would have been defeated and drifted off into the background for a while. Then when another big story line came about he'd make an appearance, and maybe eventually Skeletor would find a way to control him. Remember, Faker had only faced Keldor before, not Skeletor

Great stuff, but Val, don't feel pressured by us to reveal stuff you would rather hold onto. I know a lot of people are always complaining and wanting to know more, but I think it would be best if the big stuff is kept quiet. I guess all the stuff with the Horde would fall under this category. Basically what I'm trying to say is don't cave into the pressure and reveal something that you normally wouldn't. I'm sure we'll see this story eventually, be it 5 or 10 years if need be.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Great stuff, but Val, don't feel pressured by us to reveal stuff you would rather hold onto. I know a lot of people are always complaining and wanting to know more, but I think it would be best if the big stuff is kept quiet.
    Speak fo' yo'self!!!

I like this origin idea a lot - and figured, when I was reading volume 2 - that we were going to find out a little about the other dimension at some point - it was just too good a set up!

I wonder though, since Faker WAS Adam at one point - wouldn't he be able to use that against Adam/He-Man? or tell Skeletor, or anyone else for that matter?

Makes the figure SOOO much more interesting too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    While intriguing, I do not find this origin to be appealing for two reasons:

1. Faker ceases to be an android, and is instead a cyborg.

2. The plot seems to be derivative of Superboy #68 in which an accident with an experimental technology creates a doppelgänger of Superman, and leads to the population of a dimensional world with inverse versions of various supporting characters.

I've never read a single issue of any Superman comic.
    All story plots can be found derivative of some other story if a person looks hard enough.

But you're right about the cyborg part. He would be an android. And for good reason.
    A. This is new canon. Time to free the mind.
    B. We wanted a fun way to make Faker almost identical to He-Man so he was truly his double.

Not everyone is gonna like the story. That's just parr for the course.
    If we could make 100% of fans happy, then I'd consider running for president of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If we could make 100% of fans happy, then I'd consider running for president of the US.
    Now, that would be frightening
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I wonder though, since Faker WAS Adam at one point - wouldn't he be able to use that against Adam/He-Man? or tell Skeletor, or anyone else for that matter?
    Good point! Maybe Faker has *some* degree of honor though. Perhaps he wouldn't divulge that information to Skeletor.

Or maybe part of his memory was damaged & replaced with cybernetic technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Now, that would be frightening
    What? 100% of fans being happy, or me running for president?

Quote Originally Posted by pennypunk View Post
    Good point! Maybe Faker has *some* degree of honor though. Perhaps he wouldn't divulge that information to Skeletor.

I've never believed in a clear cut difference of good and evil when the characters are involved.
    There's always a bit of blurring in my mind.

Did Faker look like the Toyfare figure or was he a bit different?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pennypunk View Post

there would also be the fact that that knowledge could potentially be used against faker by skeletor as well. there are some secrets that you have that you don't want anyone to know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cimmerian View Post
    there would also be the fact that that knowledge could potentially be used against faker by skeletor as well. there are some secrets that you have that you don't want anyone to know.
    Cimmerian is right.
    One has to consider, Faker and Skeletor both have similar goals on Eternia.
    Their teamup would be one like that of King Hsss and Skeletor from the classic mini-comics... one of convenience that each of them hope to take advantage of, and ultimately have the upper hand.

Which reminds me, wouldn't it have been fun if Hiss and Skeletor were forced into a shakey truce like the classic mini-comics when the Horde came around? Hordak and his army could probably do a job on either of them if they didn't.

I'm not sure if sharing Snake Mountain would have worked at all, though.

But as for this Faker news, the more I think about it the more I love it. It would have opened a huge world of possible story points, and Faker sounds like he would have become one of MOTU's most interesting new characters (not just as a villain, either). Could he have had a spark of compassion in him at all? Surely He-man would have tried to bring that out. Seeing Faker evolve over time, even if remaining a bad guy, would have been so much fun.

Kind of reminds me of Spike's character in the Buffy TVS show. The fans ended up loving him long before he ever became a good guy, no matter how much the writers tried to make him unlikable. In this case, Faker could remain a bad guy and I would still love to see how he would do over time. Bizarro MAA was pretty much bad to the core (didn't seem like there was much more to him than that), but Faker could have been a goldmine.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; December 29, 2006 at 11:05am.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior
    Why do they both have the same goal on Eternia? Faker would be king on his own Anti-Eternia. Does he really need to try and conquer Eternia as well? He´s got a resistance group led by Keldor on his planet, and I assume they´re fighting a good ongoing battle there. There´s no need for him to move over to Eternia.

And Skeletor in the new canon wanted to take over the council of elders, gain their power and rule over Eternia. He didn´t know about Anti-Eternia until Faker would´ve told him. And in the new canon he is smart enough to know that ruling ONE planet with a resistance group (and of course there would have been one), is difficult enough. He wouldn´t want a second planet to conquer if he´s constantly fighting on the first one.

Furthermore there´s still the MYP-canon, in which Faker was meant to be a robot built by Man-At-Arms to look like He-Man, to deceive Skeletor and his gang. That he is Faker can be seen in the cartoon. Just before the "skin" switches off, he turns blue. A very obvious nod to the Faker figure, if you ask me. And personally I like the idea much more that Faker was build by the good guys and later hijacked by the bad guys to add to their weaponry.

While I´m not too keen on everything Mattel did, I do like their idea to make ONE canon for the relaunch. They basically started all over, made everything new and cut off all conections to the classic line, starting a brand new Eternia.
    Thus, trying to combine all timelines from classic till 200x and merge them into one epic tale is extremely cool for fanfic, but the worst idea one can have for an official comic based on 200x timeline. The idea was meant to fail from the start, because it would´ve ruined everything Mattel wanted for the 200x timeline.

Therefore I am glad we´ve got some really cool comics with intended connections but no obvious ties to the classic line.
    No offence, but if MVC would have stuck to the guidelines Mattel intended for the 200x canon, I am sure we would still have some cool comics popping up every month or two.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Interesting thoughts.
    I don't agree with your notes on the reasons and direction, but still neat to see opposing ideas.
    Stuff like this gets us thinking about other plot loops and connections.

No offence, but if MVC would have stuck to the guidelines Mattel intended for the 200x canon, I am sure we would still have some cool comics popping up every month or two.
    No offense, but you would be wrong.

we need more....

Sex and violence. thats what sells these days!

And you being prez is very frightening indeed!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I think that unemployed skeley is god. And this is a great idea to tell the serets behind the stories. It gives something fresh and new to find out and uncover. Great idea.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

A big fan of Slush Head
    Man Faker would've been one of the coolest villians in MOTU history. This most've been so frustarting for you guys on MVC.

It sounds like a great idea. Would of been interesting having Faker become a more deadly anti-He-Man...Even Skeletor would have to be a little nervous having an evil version of the guy who kicks his butt all the time hanging around...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....