Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NA He-Man - Volume One DVD - Official Talkback

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

NA He-Man - Volume One DVD - Official Talkback

The New Adventures of He-Man - Volume One DVD Boxset

DVD Release Date: Tuesday: 26 December 2006

Warning: This thread will contain spoilers.

Please post all your reactions in this thread. Scans and/or photos of the art cards and the interiors/discs of the set are not allowed.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I decided Im buying it from where ever is cheapest and not ordering online and having to wait

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Does Best Buy open early today? I wanna get my set while avoiding the after-Christmas-Day rush.

Does anybody know if Circuit City is carrying the set?
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    Does anybody know if Circuit City is carrying the set?
    Does not look like it according to there site...

Oh no. The set is like all special and everything!

Just got mine from Best Buy for $29.99. Didn't see it in the new releases though, which is a little aggravating since I want this thing to get noticed dammit!

The packaging is very attractive...(dare I say moreso than all the other sets)....with its celestialness. It almost looks like a brand new series. It pretty much is a brand new series to me!

More later...

Outside of the fact I loved the quality of the transfers, the documentaries are VERY worth watching!

Also the one art card with the NA Characters is too cool, makes me sad we dont have anything like stactions or a new comic to go along with the property.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Just out of interest, who got interviewed for the documentary? The reason I ask is because I was asked to compile some questions for interviews with Francis Moss, Michael Reaves and Misty Stewart, but I thought it was for individual interviews as opposed to a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    Just out of interest, who got interviewed for the documentary? The reason I ask is because I was asked to compile some questions for interviews with Francis Moss, Michael Reaves and Misty Stewart, but I thought it was for individual interviews as opposed to a documentary.
    I went through the first documentary quickly to get you an answer. Here's all the folks I saw...

David Teague
    Francis Moss
    Michael Reaves

and the wonderful speaker...James Eatock

Let me just add that I watched the first episode/parts of the documentary and have to say that Skeletor is out-of-his mind nuts. I love him.

I'm picking up my set later today after I get the bf motivated to get out the door. This set must be mine!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Only two Best Buys by me had it in stock according to the website -- was able to obtain the only copy at the closest location.

The art cards I am not particularly in love, but the best for NA is yet to come I am sure

I really like all of the box art A LOT except the colors on the cover are a bit dull compared to the box art file that was posted online. I would have liked the actual printed version to be a bit more vivid. Love the Sorceress on the back and Skeletor looks great with the white background on the side!

Documentaries...

Creating the New Adventures of He-Man: Some nice insights on this one, glad that they were able to get some interviews with some peeps that worked on the show. Great to see James commenting too -- and making a great point about Skeletor and stories we wished Filmation had done they did in NA. I also really liked that Michael Reeves remembered so much even when he only wrote two episodes.

Comic Adventures of He-Man: Digging interviews with the mini comic guys. I'm not a huge mini comic fan but I love to hear the background information and nice to see the She-Ra mini comics get a mention as well. Who is Val Staples and why is he on my tv? Loving how Emiliano is telling us his history of how he got into the brand!

Enter the episodes...

Woot! Most of these I haven't seen since the original television run so I can't wait! Plus, the ones I do have on tape from back in the day are not in good shape.

Going by the first episode so far the transfers are good, but not as good as the Filmation show transfers (remember this show was done by a different company). Some of the transfers look a bit VHS is how I would describe it (but still superior to an actual VHS transfer so far). The episodes don't have the "speed up" so that is cool as well.

Transformation sequence looks like a vivid with all the flashing colors.

The moral tags are at the end of the episodes. Which is great as these were not on the VHS tapes that Mattel released with the toys. Interesting though the Jet Lag logo is removed from the end of the episodes and instead replaced with the ER logo.

Also, A+ the "previously on He-Man" things are in the proper episodes. Got to love it when they say "He-Man, hero of Castle Grayskull".

Ok, off to finish the rest of the episodes on disc 1 and then on to disc 2. NA marathon tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Who is Val Staples and why is he on my tv?
    I'm sure many will ask the same question.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I can't wait to go home tonight...I'm gonna have me a marathon as well...take in the futuristic atmosphere and the music of this series that I barely remember...

The Galatic Guardians are on here...I liked that music at the beginning. The Running of the Herd and Warrior Mara are on season 2...I guess that box will have Skeletor, Flogg and Slushead...

Does Jack Olester do anything in an upcoming season set...I'm surprised there are no commentary episodes...

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    yeah, what's with the no Jack thing?

The art cards rock, although I'm surprised Ed's was Classic and not NA.

Just finished episode one, can't wait to dive into more
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    Seems like a good idea to move this to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It was mostly because we were sort of torn on which direction to go. The 4 NA cards were planned to be part of the 16 card MOTU set, so we felt they should have some kind of tie into the first 12 cards. But on the other hand, they were going into NA sets...

So we just decided to do 1 NA and 1 MOTU in each so we could keep continuity, but still get a chance to show a bit of NA.

There probably isn't a perfect solution, but I think it works really well. And all 4 cards for the NA sets are pretty awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine today. I've never was the New Adventures until today. Its not as good as the original, but I like it.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear. There are doors; when they are opened; nightmares become reality.

Heroic Warrior HordeTrooper1138's Avatar
    OK, I'm not planning to pick them up yet (at least not until I get the remaining two She-Ra's), but I have to say how disappointed I am. I went to Best Buy, Future Shop, Music World and two HMV's, and none of them had it.

I wouldn't be that upset about it (like I said, I have no plans to get the series at present), but I have begun to notice that the stores near me take an incredibly long time to get them, if at all. (The Future Shop took two weeks to get She-Ra S1 V1 along with He-Man S2 V2).

Is anyone else having these problems?
    Those who stand before us light the night sky in flame. Our vengeance burns brighter still. Every last traitorous soul shall kneel.

Those who stand before us light the night sky in flame. Our vengeance burns brighter still. Every last traitorous soul shall fall.

Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all!

Just throwing out some random thoughts...

Does anyone else think NA is way more mature than the original series? I mean, from what I've seen so far (the first three episodes), the plot is a lot better and it has more of a polished feel, what with the characters having interesting things to say as opposed to the same old same old every time.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    yeah, what's with the no Jack thing?

Just finished episode one, can't wait to dive into more
    When I first came on the Forum someone suggested I get in touch with BCI regarding doing interviews. I did, but didn't get a reply, so I assume it was too late in the production process for me to come on board. And, btw, I fully understand their not getting back to me. Having been on the other side of the desk for twenty years, I completely understand the pressures and time constraints of production. So I only expected a reply if there was a way for me to be in the docs. That said, I'm a bit sad about because I would have loved to have talked about the series. On the other hand, I've had an amazing opportunity to do that here, in the Forum, over these past months. Moreover, I've been able to get amazing feedback from everyone -- good, bad and ugly -- that I wouldn't have had from just doing the doc.

At the end of the day, there's no way I can describe the gratitude I feel toward BCI. If they ever want a favor, I'm the guy to ask.

Just got back from Best Buy they had 10 cpies, far more than any of the MOTU or POP volumes which were only 3 or 4 on the shelves.

Wendy wanted to watch the Comic extra first. She wanted to see and hear Val talk LOL. This is my first purchase not counting the two Best of volumes. I am going to get the rest in a few weeks Wendy has POP Volume One, now to watch the series later tonight after going to the COmic Shop and watching the Decent

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

My mom went to best buy for me today to get this since I'm so sick right now. She asked for it and the best buy worker said they didn't have it but when she was standing in the checkout line he came up to her and handed a copy to her and said he was mistaken. So, make sure you look for it.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm sure many will ask the same question.
    I've been asking this question for over 4 years now...

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    My mom went to best buy for me today to get this since I'm so sick right now. She asked for it and the best buy worker said they didn't have it but when she was standing in the checkout line he came up to her and handed a copy to her and said he was mistaken. So, make sure you look for it.
    Make sure to look hard too cuz in my store it was on the self, sideways, with the spine art out instead of the white Skeletor side with the title. So, it really blended in (it was under N in the general TV section).

I found mine under "H" in the regular DVD section, right next to the original series. It was NOT in the 'new releases' section.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

The Trades gave the set an A-

http://www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=5082