Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NA He-Man - Volume One DVD - Official Talkback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Comparing D&D sales to NA is like comparing apples to oranges, there is no way NA was ever going to sell at the level of D&D.

D&D had a much bigger fan base (it does period and thats fact)

I think you should be comparing to other releases of similar volume like COPS Volume 1, Defenders of the Earth, Groovie Ghoulies, Blackstar, Zelda

From what I have read and seen in my Best Buys the number shipped vs the number sold is very respectable....only BCI Guy and those at BCI would know for sure how well its doing
    I suppose so, but for 3-4 week sales of D & D to be better than the 1st for New Adventures?. -- Guess I thought the He-Man name would uplift it to a similar level that original He-Man and She-Ra were at when they first showed up on BB's bestsellers list.

I just noticed the 'Maxis the Magnificent' profile incorrectly reads as Buck Westars. Are they any Easter Eggs on this set?

Also, looking through the unused episode concepts, the episode featuring He-Man and Skeletor working together to save themselves sounded like it would have been very good, I wonder why this one wasn't made.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveStarr View Post
    I just picked the set up yesterday and have a quick question. I noticed there is a special note under the listing for the episode "The Siege of Serus" in the booklet that says, "This episode has been digitally remastered for optimum audio and video quality." Why weren't all of the episodes remastered? Has anyone noticed a difference in quality between this epsiode and the rest?

Another a little thing - Why do the episode numbers all start with 32? I figured it was just some technical thing for Jetlag, but thought I'd ask...
    The 32 prefix was a Jetlag device. Prefixes were used to indicate which series a master tape was from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I suppose so, but for 3-4 week sales of D & D to be better than the 1st for New Adventures?. -- Guess I thought the He-Man name would uplift it to a similar level that original He-Man and She-Ra were at when they first showed up on BB's bestsellers list.
    But remember D&D was advertised in multiple areas, a lot of He-Man fans (the casual ones not the hardcore ones) might not even remember this show exists. Plus D&D also had the RPG fans wanting it for the booklet.

Try to find the sales total of Defenders of the Earth V1 or other random animated sets put out by Shout and I think you will see NA may pull in more.

I run across this all the time on my GI Joe site with people having no clue there was a 44 episode animated series between 1989-1991, even though it had 3 full waves of toys and ads it was just like NA in the fact its not remembered by the general public

The fact NA is getting as much press as it has is a good sign, remember sites like tvshowsondvd.com made it their pick and so far the reviews have been solid and good.

You cant ask for anymore success I think for a set most fans here did not think would ever see the light of day.

I mean look at this forum area, it was not even created till BigDaddy51200 and I were able to get people roused up about the show during the old fan dvd days of 2004, this area is only 2 years old for a show that has been around for a decade... success for NA has always been slow but long lasting. If this forum area is only 2 years old you can imagine the uphill climb it has been to get people to accept NA and now with the DVD's get them converted to fans (if anyone remembers before Sept 04 all NA discussion was buried in the classic area with probably a total of 3-5 fans).....I am proud of what has transpired since 09/04 in the way of fan discussion and I am sure in time DVD sales will reflect that but it wont be instant.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The fact NA is getting as much press as it has is a good sign, remember sites like tvshowsondvd.com made it their pick and so far the reviews have been solid and good.

You cant ask for anymore success I think for a set most fans here did not think would ever see the light of day.
    These are very good points.

Tallstar, you seem very passionate about NA, and that's awesome. And I hope that your quest to try and spread the word about it as much as possible works out as best as it can.

But really, I think that you need to realize that there's not going to be some big NA revival as a result of this DVD set coming out (which is a hope that you seem to be klinging to). Heck, if the MOTU sets (which have sold well and were projected to sell much better than NA) haven't generated a He-Man revival, there's no way that NA will somehow pull that off.

The way I see it is this.... I now have the NA set as part of my collection, and I can watch it whenever I want to. Now, whether 10 people or 10 million people also buy it and watch it, that doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I can enjoy it for what it is. I think that if you thought more along these lines, you'd find the whole thing to be much less disapointing.

Granted, I do want the set to sell well enough for BCI to make a profit, and based on what BCI Guy has said, they didn't project it to sell anywhere near the numbers of the MOTU sets, so it's not like they have some absurdly high expectations for it to sell on some asronomical level. I think that the set will sell well enough within what their projected estimates are.

You just need to be glad that you have the NA DVD set, and that the other one will be soon to follow. You will have the series, complete and in full, and that's what should matter the most. To hell with anyone else who doesn't like it or just isn't aware of it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Fsmiler

Hello

So you mean you found SHe-ra too hot to put her in the series?
    I'm from Cork too..
    Was there ever any plans/suggestions at having her in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmiler View Post
    So you mean you found SHe-ra too hot to put her in the series?
    I'm from Cork too..
    Was there ever any plans/suggestions at having her in the series?
    You might find this interesting

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=136831

It has a lot of Jack's input on what Season 2 would have held, also might answer some of your questions
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Might I also suggest you keep any questions for Jack in the upcoming Q and A thread? It'll be easier for him to answer them without this thread getting too cluttered up
    Thanks

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I got mine this morning and watched the first 5 episodes just now. Wow! I can't believe I have this series on DVD it truly is a treat and has long been in MOTU's shadow, but I honestly prefer the storytelling and fast-paced action more to the Filmation MOTU.

The whole package is again excellent and I like all the characters used on the disks, only gripe is the New Adventures logo looks a bit graphic-y on the disks and not smooth, but It doesn't matter too much.

The episodes are a joy to watch, I've always been a pretty big NA fan, I thought maybe it won't live up to what I saw back in 1990, but It has, I've honestly enjoyed the first 5 episodes so much, I can't wait to see the rest. Skeletor is so funny and I totally get his humour now than when I was 8 years old. Skeletor does look a bit goofy and He-Man's head is too big for his body and other animation mis-haps spoil the series slightly, but It's all good in the end.

Also saw bits of the Comic documetary, looks good and lots of info i'm looking forward to learning about.

Well done to everyone involved.

I just finished watching the 2nd documentary about the comics, it was very interesting as I did not know much about how He-Man was overseas.

I thought it was interesting to hear Emiliano say that it took some time or him to like the Filmation series as it was different from the mini-comics, kinda reminds me of the transition most people have problems with going from the Filmation toon to the DIC toon.

I am now done with Volume 1....Bring on Volume 2

I am now done with Volume 1....Bring on Volume 2
    I'm working on the slipcase at this moment...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Whoooo hoooo! They should make a BCI credit card with all the money I spent this year and plan to spend next year (Ghostbusters, Bravestarr, NA He-man, She-Ra)

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar

Bravestarr

Whoooo hoooo! They should make a BCI credit card with all the money I spent this year and plan to spend next year (Ghostbusters, Bravestarr, NA He-man, She-Ra)
    When does Bravestarr come out? Has this been announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Of_Metropolis View Post
    When does Bravestarr come out? Has this been announced?
    The Legend Movie is coming out in 2007, we are not given a date for the series but the intro for it is on all the recent BCI DVD"s to show whats coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    But really, I think that you need to realize that there's not going to be some big NA revival as a result of this DVD set coming out (which is a hope that you seem to be klinging to). Heck, if the MOTU sets (which have sold well and were projected to sell much better than NA) haven't generated a He-Man revival, there's no way that NA will somehow pull that off.
    Maybe it's just an ingrained part of my personality, but when I dream, I dream really really big. -- I see each new MotU/PoP/NA DVD release as having the potential to explode into something really successful....if only it could 'prove itself' to some third party on the charts. (Hope that made sense) I dunno. With enough dedication and fans on-board to spread the word, I don't see it as all that impossible to get it on the charts..lol

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    preview?
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Movie mayhem!
    I dont' think the NA release is going to spawn a revival in terms of a restart... I just hope it has its much awaited revival amoung the fans... so many fans that havn't seen this series now can... I think people will be surprised how much they like it.

A short crummy review...

...but another one to add to the pot.

http://www.andersonvision.com/PostNu...rticle&sid=255

"BCI shows a special kind of love and attention for this series that boggles my mind. For such a one-off series, you wouldn't think that there would be that much material to cover it. But, between the documentaries and the archived features...this is one of the best animated sets released this year."

Tell that to the people who put the Thundercats sets together!
    They could learn a thing or two from BCI!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Tell that to the people who put the Thundercats sets together!
    They could learn a thing or two from BCI!
    Did the sets at least improve as they went on? I never bothered after the first volume.

Back to the topic...He-Man as Cruncher...sooooo funny and good. That was an excellent episode.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Skeletor is so funny! So many of his lines have cracked me up

@Tallstar

the quality of the Thundercats sets are the same volume after volume
    for me they are OK!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I Was Watching The End Credits And Noticed Under The Production Assistents There Were 2 Names. One I Can't Remember But The Other Is Ana Gastyer. I'm Not Not Certain On My Spelling Of That Name. The Only Reason It Stood Out To Me Was There Was An Ana Gastyer On Saturday Night Live, And Was Wondering If This Person Was One In The Same? Anybody Know?
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    I Was Watching The End Credits And Noticed Under The Production Assistents There Were 2 Names. One I Can't Remember But The Other Is Ana Gastyer. I'm Not Not Certain On My Spelling Of That Name. The Only Reason It Stood Out To Me Was There Was An Ana Gastyer On Saturday Night Live, And Was Wondering If This Person Was One In The Same? Anybody Know?
    Nope. The SNL Ana Gasteyer didn't start her TV career until 1995, as "woman" in the "Soup Nazi" episode fo Seinfeld.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Movie mayhem!
    If she was a production assistant that wouldn't count as acting credit so I doubt it would show up on any kind of search you did in a database for her... I think it could be her