Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NA He-Man - Volume One DVD - Official Talkback

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mangels View Post
    Yes, yes there are. Three, I believe. Sometime soon, they'll be up on my site. It's usually 2-3 weeks after release.
    Thanks Andy, I found two of them earlier, which is a first for me!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mangels View Post
    Misty was unavailable for interview. All interviews were shot individually, then edited into a documentary!

Jack was halfway across the country, and we did not have the budget to fly him to us or a film crew to him. We would have loved to film him though, and he would have loved to participate. [His later comments seem to indicate that he doesn't recall talking with me about filming, but that's OK]. But instead, he has become a very active part of this forum. Go Jack!

As for the art cards, the NAHM V2 set will also contain one Classic and one NAHM card. So out of the 16, two will be NAHM, two are HM & SRa, and 12 are HM.

Susan Blu was asked to participate in several sets — including the upcoming Bravestarr on which she was a main character — but she declined. I believe it was mostly due to work commitments as a voice director and teacher.

Yes, yes there are. Three, I believe. Sometime soon, they'll be up on my site. It's usually 2-3 weeks after release.

From what I've been able to find out, it was indeed the same Ana Gasteyer from SNL. There are other cartoon credits I've run across for her, prior to her acting debut.

Whew! Finally made it through the whole thread!
    Hi, Andy.

Now that you mention it, I very vaguely recall a conversation a long, long time ago. But it's been a pretty frantic year for me, with a full slate. So I'll cop to production overload for not having recalled this earlier.

You're so right, Andy, about how it's worked out for me to be on the forum instead. It's a tremendous joy for me to have direct contact with fans and also with critics of the show. Most everyone's comments are incisive and passionate, and I do enjoy the give and take. As a creative professional yourself, you know that one of the downsides of our career path is that much of our work is done alone. So to have this kind of interpersonal relationship with the fans is a delight for me.

Let me also congratulate and thank you on your contributions to He-man. Perhaps our paths shall cross at some point in the future. I colud envision the potential for an interesting collaboration there.

Best,

Jack

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet, so I'm gonna post it. I bought my copy from Amazon and when it finally came in, I was so happy and eager to watch it. I unwrap the shrinkwrapping and pull out the set and to my surprise...it's not The New Adventures of He-Man. In fact, it's season two of the classic He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The outer cover and the artwork on the spine s the official labelling with the NA artwork and barcode and whatnot, but the fold out has all the classic art, and all the dvd discs from the classic show. I further investigated the packaging, which is official, but it's like it was glued. So I peeled at it and it came off like butter from a hot knife and sure enough, it was the classic series. The label is official, with the correct bleed and cut for the packaging but it's indeed not NA. How do I get this fixed? Someone PM me if you have an answer. I'm not entirely upset because I like He-man all the same, it's just not what I paid for.
    I'm also on DeviantArt
    My buddies and I review stuff 3 Points of Articulation
    3 Points official site 3PA
    Personal Gallery The Art of Mista Jonz

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Jonz View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet, so I'm gonna post it. I bought my copy from Amazon and when it finally came in, I was so happy and eager to watch it. I unwrap the shrinkwrapping and pull out the set and to my surprise...it's not The New Adventures of He-Man. In fact, it's season two of the classic He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The outer cover and the artwork on the spine s the official labelling with the NA artwork and barcode and whatnot, but the fold out has all the classic art, and all the dvd discs from the classic show. I further investigated the packaging, which is official, but it's like it was glued. So I peeled at it and it came off like butter from a hot knife and sure enough, it was the classic series. The label is official, with the correct bleed and cut for the packaging but it's indeed not NA. How do I get this fixed? Someone PM me if you have an answer. I'm not entirely upset because I like He-man all the same, it's just not what I paid for.
    How frickin' strange.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista Jonz View Post
    I'd try to trade it at amazon.

Just got a copy haven't watched any episodes besides the 1st 2. I wanted to know,The second episode on my dvd seems kinda dark,is it supposed to be that way? I thought it was either my tv,or it was the video transfer?

Also,I couldn't find the answer by searching,but why does skeletor's face go from green with white eyeballs,to yellow with red eyes later in the series? is it explained in the series,or does it kinda just happen to look that way,when they change his costume?

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    Also,I couldn't find the answer by searching,but why does skeletor's face go from green with white eyeballs,to yellow with red eyes later in the series? is it explained in the series,or does it kinda just happen to look that way,when they change his costume?
    It's all explained in 'Sword and Staff'

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    well i finally got the chance to get this today. not sure when ill be able to watch it all but im really looking forward to checking out this series as i barely remember anything about it form when i was younger.
    -bdg
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Only 5 more episodes left to watch and i'll post my review of the set. So far, I've really, really enjoyed it.

I'm almost through the first disc and I must say I really enjoy the show! The characters are fun to watch and the stories are phantastic! The only downside of the series was the Transformation sequence, I miss BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL.

The set has been (at last) discounted to £29.99 over at Amazon

So, I got my DVD set, and I've watched about 2 & 1/2 discs worth of episodes, and I have to say... I don't see what's so bad about this show. Yes, it's a different environment with different characters, but I'm enjoying it. I particularly like the Jack Nicholson/Joker inspired Skeletor. It's funny, but in a lot of ways, it's like He-Man has taken on She-Ra's role... you really get this sense like the people of Primus are helpless, like the people of Etheria were, and He-Man is part of a rebellion almost against the Mutants.

I dunno. I've heard so much negativity towards this show over the years, and never having seen it, I didn't know what to think. Now... I think it's just fine for what it is.

Yeah, outside of some of the character designs, I really don't get why a lot people hate NA so bad. When I was posting around the 'net, asking if folks would check it out, there was some hostility. I nearly got my head bit off.

Today was the first time that I've seen it in a store in Asheville. It sold out at both Best Buys and at B&N the first week it was out. There were only 3 copies left when I found it today.
    This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. Did you dry these in a rainforest? - Eddie Izzard

Heroic Warrior
    I've finally finished watching it, and I might just watch it again later. (Yes, everyone, it's that good. Can't wait for the next one!
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Finally got my hands on a copy! The first Best Buy i went to didn't have it, and when i did a search online today, the other 2 i normally would've tried didn't have it either. BUT i found another Best Buy that i never knew existed and was a closer drive for me anyhow and the site said they did have it! w00t! But the stupid 16 year old working the department looked in the Anime section and said "No, we don't have it. The web site is sometimes wrong." Uh-huh. That's why i found it over in the TV Series section Weird that they DID have the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special in the Anime section though...when the rest of the volumes were over in TV. Crazy.

Can't wait to start watching it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    Finally got my hands on a copy! The first Best Buy i went to didn't have it, and when i did a search online today, the other 2 i normally would've tried didn't have it either. BUT i found another Best Buy that i never knew existed and was a closer drive for me anyhow and the site said they did have it! w00t! But the stupid 16 year old working the department looked in the Anime section and said "No, we don't have it. The web site is sometimes wrong." Uh-huh. That's why i found it over in the TV Series section Weird that they DID have the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special in the Anime section though...when the rest of the volumes were over in TV. Crazy.

Can't wait to start watching it!
    And I can't wait to hear what you think, Rainbow Brite.

GR81 says:

I just got my copy today too
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Well I watched the episodes and I have to say that it's not too bad. I just hate that Garry Chalk is doing He-Man. I keep saying to myself that It's Prime! The Character designs is a bit ehhh to me. And regardless that they say Primus is another planet. The way it's shown in the series it does come across as them moving into the future of Eternia. But in all not a bad series. Again the documentaries were good. I did like the one about the comics. Get to see our fearless leader. Can't wait for part 2 set. I want to see She-Ra... I mean Teela show up.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I just made it threw disc 1. (Im a busy guy)

This show rules.

Id ALMOST say I prefer it to the original!! I like the music and sounds, and the charachters arent as just there for a episode,but actually used in full back up,unlike the original (if that makes sence to you)

GO NA!!

The Scientests dont annoy me too much, but they are way over used IMO. I deffitally dig the farmer girl(keep forgetting her name) and Kaz, they make the show more of "We're really screwed and have the underhand, rather than MOTU". Wich is nice.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I picked up a copy yesterday and watched the first five episodes so far. I never watched NA as a child. I don't think it ever aired here, and if it did, I must have been out of the "cartoon phase" by then. The only reason I knew anything about the series before the DVD release was because of this site. Anyway, at first, I wasn't going to buy it, because I couldn't imagine He-Man without his regular supporting cast and I was a little biased since I love the Filmation version so much. In the end, though, curiosity won over, and I picked it up, because I love He-Man, period. I might give my thoughts overall once I'm finished watching the whole set, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad I decided to give it a chance. The episodes I have watched are very well written and executed. I can't wait to see how He-Man/Adam's relationships build with Flipshot, Hydron, and Mara. I already like Caz; he reminds me a little of Orko...finding ways to get into or cause a little trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy11814 View Post
    I picked up a copy yesterday and watched the first five episodes so far. I never watched NA as a child. I don't think it ever aired here, and if it did, I must have been out of the "cartoon phase" by then. The only reason I knew anything about the series before the DVD release was because of this site. Anyway, at first, I wasn't going to buy it, because I couldn't imagine He-Man without his regular supporting cast and I was a little biased since I love the Filmation version so much. In the end, though, curiosity won over, and I picked it up, because I love He-Man, period. I might give my thoughts overall once I'm finished watching the whole set, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad I decided to give it a chance. The episodes I have watched are very well written and executed. I can't wait to see how He-Man/Adam's relationships build with Flipshot, Hydron, and Mara. I already like Caz; he reminds me a little of Orko...finding ways to get into or cause a little trouble.
    Now this is a nice way for a writer to end his day...

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Ive finally ordered my set, cant wait to recive it. Ive heard some great things about it, and although ive seen most of the episodes I cant wait to see them in DVD quality!

Heroic Warrior
    Happy as can be about the content of the set.... I have the boots. BUt, does anybody feel the dvd quality is not quite the same level as FIlmation? Is there a reason that is known? Were the master tapes not as well preserved? Anyone else feel this way? Still love the set, esp for content - the toon has so much depth and the series has the insane mix of the worst ep ever IMO of the He-Man canon and the funniest, along with some eps that at least rival with the absolute best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedd Vinyl View Post
    BUt, does anybody feel the dvd quality is not quite the same level as FIlmation? Is there a reason that is known?
    The quality isn't the same. It didn't go under the same restoration process that the Filmation library did. It got a less expensive "clean-up". We would've liked to have had it match the Filmation shows, but the cost would've exceeded the profit from the sales.