View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Buzz Off and Clawful?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzz Off

20 37.74%
  • Clawful

33 62.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would win: Buzz Off vs Clawful

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Buzz Off vs Clawful

Who would win: Buzz Off vs Clawful

Here's another "who would win" scenario.

This time, it's between the bee-like Buzz Off and the lobster (or crab?) like Clawful.

Buzz Off is fast, and obviously, can fly.

Clawful is bulky, and has a grip that you can't escape from.

(Remember, this is a combat scenario, not which character you like best! )
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    I'll go w/ Buzz-Off. Clawful wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear. There are doors; when they are opened; nightmares become reality.

Clawful would win. Speed would only get you so far because once Clawful got a hold of Buzz-off he's done. I do not think Buzz-off has the power to take Clawful down for the count. Clawful can shred steel with his claws. Clawful not being smart does not matter because he is ruthless. I also am looking at these battles as a fight to the death and not as a cartoon where the good guy allways wins and they get the heck beat out of them and are fine a minute later.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Clawful would win. Once he cuts Buzz-Off's wings, our little bug fellow would stand no chance against the might of Clawful.

(Even though I set this poll), I'm really split down the middle on this one. Buzz Off is quite smart, definitely smarter than Clawful (but then again, who isn't ) and is a quick flyer, so could out-maneuver Clawful. That would give him the edge, but then he'd have to see it through - although fast, Buzzy isn't the strongest in terms of being a "warrior".
    Once Clawful got hold of Buzz Off, there would be no escaping. He would crush poor Buzz Off. (But that's if he got hold of him!)

I think this one would be very much a tie. But if Buzz Off was careless enough to get too close, then Clawful would get the upper hand (pun?).
    Last edited by Spacedust; December 27, 2006 at 11:35pm.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    Being very imaginative imagine this: We all agree that Clawful is dumber but stronger and Buzz Off but, Buzzy is faster, smarter and he can fly that is much better than Clawful´s powerful grab.
    Buzz Off can attack the Clawful from the air, for example with rocks, stun him and then chop Clawful´s head with his axe. If Buuz Off keeps himself in the air Clawful has no chance.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Doesn't this depend on which version of Clawful we are thinking of. Cause Filmation's Clawful was pretty smart unlike the MYP version.
    Also in the mini-comics he was depicted as one of the best.

Very good point - just like in the previous battle scenario, Ram Man vs. Tri Klops (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?t=144759), it very much depended which "version" of Tri Klops was being used (ie. could he shoot lazers from his eyes, etc.).

As it's an out-and-out 'to the death' battle, something which would never really happen in MOTU anyway, just take it that it's what you consider to be the "best version" of each character in the scenario. ("Scenario"... I like that word. I really must use it more often!)

(Also, I personally consider that in the Filmation version, Clawful is more average compitent than out-and-out smart, but that's just down to personal opinion! ).
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off!

Claw-ful. I always felt Buzz-off was pretty weak. Annoying voice, not all that interesting. So yeah.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
    Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off! Buzz Off!
    So let me get this right. You're saying Buzz Off?
    ~jay firestorm~

A big fan of Slush Head
    This poll is almost a tie, great selection of characters Spacedust, I am really enjoying these threads.

I think Buzz Off...

He's quite intelligent
    His weapon is powerful - and could probably pierce Clawful's shell after a while
    He can stay in the air for a LONG time and just shoot Clawful with his weapon
    He held his own against those Giants in the MYP series..
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Clawful would win.

I have to go with Clawful on this because I've always liked him in the clash of arms mini comic. You never got the feeling he was an idiot in the comic. He was extremly powerful and he beat the hell out of fisto! He seemed kinda smart in the vintage toon and even though he was powerful in the myp toon, they made him out to be an idiot. Buzz-Off is a cool heroic master, but he's basicly just a spy with no real power.....or could I be wrong?
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Clawful is the stronger and should win, but Eternia being Eternia, evil just can't ever win, so Buzz Off would be the victor in that fight...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Clawful is the stronger and should win, but Eternia being Eternia, evil just can't ever win, so Buzz Off would be the victor in that fight...
    Eternia being Eternia, He-Man would have to intervene, run around a lake to create a vacuum and suck out the water, cut a whole in the ground to trap a storm down it, make glass out of sand and turn into a tornado. Being Eternia.

(The more I think about it, Filmation lore wasn't all great)
    Last edited by Spacedust; January 1, 2007 at 08:55pm.
    ~jay firestorm~

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    and the lobster (or crab?) like Clawful.
    Technically, shouldn't he be lizard-like? In Orko's Fun Facts for Fraidy Cat, it mentions that by coincidence or not (no one knows), the four Evil Warriors Skeletor uses in that show are all reptilian---Mer-Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, and Clawful.

Personally I think he kind of resembles a komodo dragon, lol.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Technically, shouldn't he be lizard-like? In Orko's Fun Facts for Fraidy Cat, it mentions that by coincidence or not (no one knows), the four Evil Warriors Skeletor uses in that show are all reptilian---Mer-Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, and Clawful.

Personally I think he kind of resembles a komodo dragon, lol.
    Filmation's version in fact looks like a lizard which made alot of fans confused at the time myself included.
    Even in the spanish translation for Clawful they call him " Lagartenazas " which means Lizardclaws. I guess most people saw his cartoon version as a lizard instead of a crab or lobster.

In the episode " The Witch and the Warrior" he is able to crawl inside the sand and tolerate the heat from that specific region of Eternia and was even able to ambush He-Man, like a desert lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Filmation's version in fact looks like a lizard which made alot of fans confused at the time myself included.
    Even in the spanish translation for Clawful they call him " Lagartenazas " which means Lizardclaws. I guess most people saw his cartoon version as a lizard instead of a crab or lobster.

In the episode " The Witch and the Warrior" he is able to crawl inside the sand and tolerate the heat from that specific region of Eternia and was even able to ambush He-Man, like a desert lizard.
    You're quite right about the Filmation version. I was thinking more of the figure version, where his pinchers seemed to be more crab / lobster influenced. What, MOTU lore inconsitant?? Never!!
    ~jay firestorm~

Howdy

I would say Clawful, he quite strong and could provide He-Man a challenge (The Witch and the Warrior).

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    Howdy

I would say Clawful, he quite strong and could provide He-Man a challenge (The Witch and the Warrior).

Chris M
    Ah, but the scenario is between Clawful and Buzz Off. ...Except if Clawful couldn't beat He-Man, I guess Buzz Off hasn't got much chance. Oh well, anyway...
    ~jay firestorm~

A big fan of Slush Head
    If Filmation Buzz-Off fights against Filmation Clawfull Buzz Off definitely loses.
    This classic cartoon version was pretty lame, he looked weak.

But If MYP Buzz-Off fights against MYP Clawful he might have a chance against him since his new version is stronger and smarter.

These characters have changed dramatically so it's hard to decide which version collides.

It would be a good battle but I'm thinking Clawful. He was quite deadly in the Filmation cartoon, surprisingly. Buzz-Off was portrayed as a much better fighter in the new cartoon and Clawful was dumbed down to the intelligence of a rock (Which, got old...how can all of Skeletor's cronies be so dumb?..) But that didn't seem what the Four Horsemen had in mind...

If you just look at the characters...I think the Four Horsemen created a Clawful who was a true threat and could take Buzz-Off to the mat!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by SKELEPIMP View Post
    If you just look at the characters...I think the Four Horsemen created a Clawful who was a true threat and could take Buzz-Off to the mat!

This is very true but thanks to the cartoon everytime I see my Clawful Staction I see a dumb to the extreme lackey.