Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-man vs Transformers!!

Heroic Warrior

He-man vs Transformers!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/80s-T...79637155447790

There's kind of a fun tournament going on facebook right now. Best 80's toys ever... We already beat Star Wars in the last round... Never thought THAT would happen.

Now we're in the next to last bracket against Transformers.. 49 -51 losing right now.

Personally, I'd love to see it go all the way to the finals. GIJoe and Starwars are already out... I think He-man has a serious shot now O.O

I voted. He-Man is still 26 votes behind (457-473). Let's put him over the top … those transformers fans are talking some serious smack!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Voted!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Oh I hope we don't loose to them.
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.

I know! Transformers would be cool if they could keep even a half-arsed scale to them....I voted, where's Dan? you know he will get a piece of this!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

He-man is closing the gap! Only 17 votes now.
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.

Widget
    I love MOTU, but there's no way it should beat Transformers. Whoever seeded this bracket did an awful job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrouser View Post
    I love MOTU, but there's no way it should beat Transformers. Whoever seeded this bracket did an awful job.
    Of course He-Man should win. It was the most popular toy of the 80's and one of the popular cartoons of the era.

I think he forgot what website he is posting on
    MOTUC Needs: Fisto, Whiplash, Roboto, Wind Raider, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, King Randor, Sorceress, TOD Sorceress, Palace Guards, SLL, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Icer, Foe Men, Octavia, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strong-Or, Strobo, Standor, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Horde Prime, Pre-ternia He-man

motu is good, but I played with Transformers well more than I ever did He-Man. And right now, I am considering selling off some MOTUC for MP Transformers.

- - - Updated - - -

21 votes now.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Court Magician
    Sorry but, Transformers ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Sorry but, Transformers ftw!
    That is sorry, to think racist robots with a boring mythos and limited characters could beat the best blend of science and magic ever created.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    That is sorry, to think racist robots with a boring mythos and limited characters could beat the best blend of science and magic ever created.
    Um....what?

MotU will always be my first love, but Transformers have a depth of mythos and breadth of characters that Eternia has never managed to match. And racist? Are you just judging it by the Bay movies? That's like judging MotU by the 1987 movie. EDIT: Correction: Judging MotU by the Earth segments of the 1987 movie.
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; March 29, 2014 at 04:49pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Are the Transformers more racist than the Eternians? Hard to believe. Take Keldor's bio for example:

Banished from the royal palace, in part due to distrust for the rare blue-skinned Gar race, Prince Keldor™ became an outcast. He traveled Eternia® seeking knowledge and guidance, eventually discovering the ancient spirit of Hordak™. From him, Keldor™ learned of the dark arts, and came to realize that to truly unite Eternia®, he would need to take command of the planet himself. He gathered an army of fellow outcasts and led them in battle against his brother, Captain Randor™. Eventually defeated, and near death, Keldor™ once again turned to Hordak™ who, in exchange for his own freedom, agreed to save Keldor’s life by merging him with Demo-Man™, twisting Keldor™ into Skeletor® — Lord of Destruction™!

I'm one of the last people to cry racism, but those piece of trash robots from the second film made me ill. And yes, they were more offensive than anything in Eternia, because the racism toward the Gar is directed toward a fictional race that we can learn from. The transformers were offensive to real people, nothing learned, nothing gained as far as advancing or telling a story. As far as the transformers mythos, I find it lacking compared to Masters, the only thing I've seen to rival Masters is Barsoom and Star Wars.

The bottom line with transformers it's a bunch of robots. Who gives a flying flip about robots compared to flesh and blood beings? I can see how it appeals to kids, I liked them as a kid, but what adult really cares about robots? Skeletor is better than Megatron, with exception of Star Scream and Bumble Bee, the other supporting characters are forgettable at best. MOTU has more character depth, better humor, and more possibilities.

I'm not saying original Transformers was not good, it was one of my favorite 80's properties, certainly in the top five, I'd rank it #3. But it is not as good as MOTU, not really close.
    Last edited by Zodak's new shoes; March 29, 2014 at 05:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm one of the last people to cry racism, but those piece of trash robots from the second film made me ill. And yes, they were more offensive than anything in Eternia, because the racism toward the Gar is directed toward a fictional race that we can learn from. The transformers were offensive to real people, nothing learned, nothing gained as far as advancing or telling a story. As far as the transformers mythos, I find it lacking compared to Masters, the only thing I've seen to rival Masters is Barsoom and Star Wars.

The bottom line with transformers it's a bunch of robots. Who gives a flying flip about robots compared to flesh and blood beings? I can see how it appeals to kids, I liked them as a kid, but what adult really cares about robots? Skeletor is better than Megatron, with exception of Star Scream and Bumble Bee, the other supporting characters are forgettable at best. MOTU has more character depth, better humor, and more possibilities.

I'm not saying original Transformers was not good, it was one of my favorite 80's properties, certainly in the top five, I'd rank it #3. But it is not as good as MOTU, not really close.
    Fictional race or not, racist material is racist unfortunately. Especially when it comes from the so called "good guys" of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Fictional race or not, racist material is racist unfortunately. Especially when it comes from the so called "good guys" of the franchise.
    I agree, if it does not teach us something, the way the Eternian people treated the Gar was a lesson, some times even the good guys do things that are not good.

But your argument applies to the Transformers as well, they were supposedly good characters, but they taught us nothing.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Voted and now we are ONE vote ahead of The Transformers lmao
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Whoa. You're asking how adults could possibly be into robots, while defending an adult's interest in a cartoon about barbarians, magic,...and robots? I loved both. Why is that not ok? Why is it immature to like robots, but NOT He-Man? I generally agree with you, but I don't understand the logic here at all.

Also, please tell Jitsu, Ninjor, Michi, the entire native population of Beast Island, Nocturna, and the inhabitants of Targa that this property isn't racist. Or, art least, wasn't. It was the 80's. You'd be hard pressed to find American properties from that era that weren't racist in one form or another.

You can't argue the validity of enjoyment of these two properties because it is all based on taste and opinion, and insulting people's enjoyment of a robot-based cartoon while espousing "superior"enjoyment of a sword and sorcery cartoon is a little extreme.

You can't argue that one of these properties is "more" racist than the other, because they are both products of their time, and both have racist elements in their pasts. (Edit: You CAN argue it, but I doubt either would come out on top. While I'm sure most of it was the result of ignorance, and not intentional, they are both guilty of it.)

Some people like one more than the other. I loved both. What's the problem? If I had to pick one, if go with MOTU, but I'm not going to insult people who don't. I don't get that.

This is how I feel:
    Screenshot_2014-03-29-15-47-11-1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 29, 2014 at 07:20pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Racist? They were supposed to be rednecks, not black, I saw two stupid characters I could have lived without, but I saw no racism, just stupidity.

Sorry but I'll take those bots over humans when it comes to toy lines. Transformers are two toys in one, and I for one love guns, cars and tape decks vs a toy that just stood there looking like they wanted to ***** slap someone and squatted like they had to poop.

I have my favorite MOTU, and I love Filmation, but I watched Transformers way more than He-Man. Granted I am referring to G1, but we are referring to Vintage versions here, not modern ones, Bayformers are not much to my taste, nor were many lines after G1, but since this is about the 80's lines....Transformers it is.

And adults and robots.....wow man, that is a no brainer to figure out that adults love robots....such comments on your part to the contrary are purely your own taste and opinion. We can't like both? Why not?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 29, 2014 at 07:08pm.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I very much enjoyed the transformers animated movie .
    I have watched just about every kind of transformers series from 80,s to present day thanks to my little brothers fixation. I will say I was entertained but i have no love for it .

Heman , Thundercats , Robotech and Gobots were the only shows available in the mid 80,s South Africa . Only a couple years later when we moved to Namibia did we see our first glimpse of Transformers .

Little bro was in heaven and i was Meh what stupid new gobots that dont stay in their own volume when they transform . Wait wait ...... a jukebox really ??? and the bad guy leader shrinks into a little gun that needs another robot to shoot ? Why why why .
    The only thing i liked was no cartoony gobot faces and it was drawn better .

I have always been into swords and sorcery fantasy. Heman gave me everything i wanted and needed . I connected with MOTU emotionally .

Giant 30ft living bots dont do it for me speaking both as a child and an adult . Pilot controlling a giant robot like Robotech or Gundam is something i can connect with . I need living breathing creature factor to super charge my imagination .

I remember Swiftwind and She Ra,s comments about the Monstroids ...

The MOTU toys have way more variety , play value and poses . S1 Motu did a power punch from the waist. The rock warriors did the transformer thing , Webstore zipped up a cable , Orko "danced" , Leech sucked , Kobra khan squirted and Stinkor smelled funny . The weapons and armour could be swopped around , A kid who owned heman , beastman , man at arms and skeletor had 16 possible variations . Thats alot of play time and lots of choice .

Transformers you have a toy that switches betweeen a robot and a vehicle for the most part . If you bought all 8 Constructicon toys well you could make 1 big robot ....
    Last edited by MOLKROM; March 30, 2014 at 06:16am.
    Sword To Blanket

I'm wondering how this is even an argument on He-Man.org? WTF?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Transformers obviously, but given that MOTU beat Star Wars, the "importance" or "absoluteness" of these Facebook polls is highly dubious.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm wondering how this is even an argument on He-Man.org? WTF?
    Just because we're all here as fans of MOTU doesn't mean it's the be all end all franchise for everyone, and, it's the beauty of being able to express different opinions. That's why. And just because it's a He-Man site, doesn't mean we can't like and discuss our preference in the appropriate threads, of which, this is one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    ....is highly dubious.
    Maybe the poll just needs a new body, and new troops to command....
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Are the Transformers more racist than the Eternians? Hard to believe. Take Keldor's bio for example:

Banished from the royal palace, in part due to distrust for the rare blue-skinned Gar race, Prince Keldor™ became an outcast. He traveled Eternia® seeking knowledge and guidance, eventually discovering the ancient spirit of Hordak™. From him, Keldor™ learned of the dark arts, and came to realize that to truly unite Eternia®, he would need to take command of the planet himself. He gathered an army of fellow outcasts and led them in battle against his brother, Captain Randor™. Eventually defeated, and near death, Keldor™ once again turned to Hordak™ who, in exchange for his own freedom, agreed to save Keldor’s life by merging him with Demo-Man™, twisting Keldor™ into Skeletor® — Lord of Destruction™!
    I had a LOT of problems with the 'minicon' stories a few years back. Something about the idea of good guys and bad guys both fighting over who gets to control over the little guys and make them work for them and unlock abilities....

That... just SCREAMED forced slavery to me. I couldn't believe THAT storyline got approved. I lost a lot of respect for the line after that.

From what I heard, it was a 4 bracket concept. Action figures, Girl toys, board/video games, and other or something...

So the first few rounds were basically toys battling their own group.

As for He-man vs Transformers? I really liked them both. However, I never really 'played' with Transformers. I never had a good storyline going with them and the play value of the robots was PRETTY weak. As much as I loved my original prime... he only had a few points of articulation and none really for a 'combat' scene... With them, I found myself constantly changing them back and forth like a puzzle more then an actual toy.

He-man had action features, playsets, and a cool story to play with. I did a LOT more with them.