Thread: MYP/200X Castle Grayskull

MYP/200X Castle Grayskull

How rare is this item? Difficult to locate reasonably?
    Doc's Feedback (10 Positive!)

Awesome .Orgers!: bigassbuzz, brock_snyder, WDWFreak, madrage
    --------------------------------------------------
    Un-Awesome .ORgers!: Vorgon (impatient and unreasonable)

Enter the HYVE

i dont think its that tuff...i got mine at a local flea market for 25...MIB.... check evilbay or google shop
    Just when you thought it was safe to take a pee.....- Hard Ticket To Hawaii -

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    i dont think its that tuff...i got mine at a local flea market for 25...MIB.... check evilbay or google shop
    Thanks! Appreciate the info
    Doc's Feedback (10 Positive!)

Awesome .Orgers!: bigassbuzz, brock_snyder, WDWFreak, madrage
    --------------------------------------------------
    Un-Awesome .ORgers!: Vorgon (impatient and unreasonable)

Enter the HYVE

Widget
    Isn't this it?

http://www.amazon.com/Masters-Univer...4456739&sr=1-1

I remember this being one of the few 2002 He-Man toys that you actually could find in stores.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Remember to check with version of the castle it is too. One has more features and voices plus more lights on it.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I remember a few years ago I bought one for $14. They were still in stock online and marked down at either Target or Toys R Us. I can't remember.

ya 2 years ago my Dollar general had like 50 of them then poof all gone

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocTroy View Post
    How rare is this item? Difficult to locate reasonably?
    click that link in your sig.

I have 1 loose and 2 MIB...

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    When the 200x line folded for whatever reason, my local Woolworths (a shopping chain that has since folded... that suddenly makes the 200x line seem kinda old) was selling off Grayskull's for £10 (possibly even £8 on the last few if memory serves correctly). It kinda goes with my oft-told tale of how they were selling off figures for £2 each, and on one such mission into town to scoop some bargains, I found a whole stash of Prince Adams and Zodaks and the back of the shelf!!

There are indeed two different releases of Grayskull; the first version is generally the one to go for IMO.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    When the 200x line folded for whatever reason, my local Woolworths (a shopping chain that has since folded... that suddenly makes the 200x line seem kinda old) was selling off Grayskull's for £10 (possibly even £8 on the last few if memory serves correctly). It kinda goes with my oft-told tale of how they were selling off figures for £2 each, and on one such mission into town to scoop some bargains, I found a whole stash of Prince Adams and Zodaks and the back of the shelf!!

There are indeed two different releases of Grayskull; the first version is generally the one to go for IMO.
    Technically there are THREE releases, the first with the action chip activated features, the second where they disabled that and the features were activated by buttonw (i think) and the third was the VS the Snakemen boxart (i think identical as a toy though to the second release)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Technically there are THREE releases, the first with the action chip activated features, the second where they disabled that and the features were activated by buttonw (i think) and the third was the VS the Snakemen boxart (i think identical as a toy though to the second release)
    Yeah that sounds about right. The first "action chip" version was the first release, then two versions of 2.0 - as with most items later in the line, they came in the standard packaging and were then updated to the 'Vs. The Snakemen' style packaging.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    Wanted to bump this thread to express my appreciation for the 200X Castle Grayskull - it's actually the only Grayskull version I own. This is an excellent toy/playset - however, it seems that, these days, it's very underappreciated due to the fact that it came out between the Vintage '82 version & the much more elaborate (and expensive) 2013 MOTUC version.

I remember finding this 200X Castle Grayskull on sale for about $30 at a store called "Tuesday Morning" back about 8-9 years ago. It was an amazing bargain, and I find it far superior to the Vintage version - both in appearance & the play value. Great features & the then-updated weapons (from the weapons rack) were very cool.

I haven't checked to see if my version has the "chip" component, but I do know that, per the box art, it's not the later Snake-men version.
    Last edited by man-e-faces; May 17, 2017 at 01:02pm.