Thread: Finally! Brazilian Minicomics Translations!

Heroic Warrior

Finally! Brazilian Minicomics Translations!

Well, we're one step closer to being able to read and share these incredibly rare gems. The first comic is complete and translated! I have finished the entire "Trapjaw and the Attack on the Palace" and I have to say it looks damn cool. I've got four more, but this is a time consumer...the rest will have to come a bit later.
    Link removed by Toyjesus. (I removed the file)
    Last edited by Toyjesus; March 20, 2008 at 08:45am. Reason: Removed the file that the link was linked to.
    www.toyjesus.com
    All your MOTU Sticker and Instruction needs!

I'm looking forward to reading this! That link didn't work for me though. Is that a website or is a .cbz some type of file?

cbz is a file type for comics and images and stuff. You'll need a viewer to view them.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, my apologies. You would need to either run this:
    Removed Link
    or download the file and rename it to a zip file rather than cbz and view the individual jpgs.
    Last edited by Toyjesus; March 20, 2008 at 08:46am. Reason: I removed the link.
    www.toyjesus.com

Wow, that is AWESOME! Thank you! So how do you go about doing this? I'm guessing you used a translator on the net, then colored out the bubbles and added in the English translations? I know that was probably very time consuming, but I would LOVE to see some more of these if you ever get the time. Maybe we could have them on the new .org like we have the mini comics posted now? I'm a huge MOTU comic fan, so this just opened up a whole new realm for me!
    Last edited by Syl-Klone; February 13, 2008 at 05:22pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope so, that would be great. I'd love to get them posted here. I did the scans that are already hosted here and since have rescanned in a much higher resolution so many of the moire line patterns don't show. Hopefully all of them could be posted here in the future.
    www.toyjesus.com

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    thank yo so much. thats awesome. now if only these found thier way in paper form perhaps with some sort of staple in the spine...if only

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Very nice! The translation is very well made. By the way, "SOCORRO" means "HELP'. It's not translated. aybe you should let the original brazilian names to the figures in the back cover...what do you say?
    Looking for Brazilian Estrela figures? E-mail me!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I thought about that too. I changed them in the story as well, like Mentor becoming Man-at-arms and Trapjaw just being Jaw. I went ahead and just changed them to what they are most commonly referred to. I can always make different versions...I think I'll send them your way before posting so you can check it out. Not everything has a real smooth translation either so I have to take some liberty and figure out a smoother way of saying some of the things. I'll have to look at the book to find the word you mentioned isn't translated...I must have missed it. I'm about halfway through the He-Man book and the Man-E-Faces book, so don't forget to shoot me a PM and let me know which books you have that you can scan! Including those She-Ra's!
    www.toyjesus.com

You know, I remember seeing one of these Brazilian comics that featured one of my favorite characters, Tung Lashor! Any chance you have this one to translate? I could be wrong, but were the Widgets in this adventure too?

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. I could translate them, but I've got my own comics and hopefully someday scans that others provide to work on first. The ones on the website are a much lower res. I'd prefer if I put the work into it to use a rescan/resolution that is high enough to blow up on these larger monitors and high def tv's and maintain a really good picture image. Even the one I posted on my site earlier I think I dropped to 150 but the one on my computer is 600.
    www.toyjesus.com

I can't seem to download from either of those links. Could you host the pictures somewhere more accessible? I'm curious to read these...

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, I removed the file...it was pretty big and I needed my server space for my own personal stuff. If I get back into the translations I'll post them again sometime. I was hoping to hear more from blankabrazil on scanning some of those minis!
    www.toyjesus.com

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    I would like to see those brazilian minicomics. I'm very curious about seeing them.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!