Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Olesker's Thread: "You've Got Questions, I've Got Answers"

Heroic Warrior

Staredown--a crossover

Here's an epic crossover.

Two different franchises. One contributor.

Why not?

Just trying to have some fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jack I wanted to see if you could help me Identify some locations on Primus that I am not sure about. First off heres the map.
    map of primus.jpg
    na02-04_full.jpg
    the_revenge_of_skeletor_-_01.jpg
    Thanks

I know the Eastern continent is Mida, where Nocturna is from, where on that continent im not sure cause its big.
    Vizar comes from Olympic, an ancient city in the south region of Opal, the Western continent of Primus
    Kayo comes from the underground city of Oonar, from the Terra region , where is this on the map?
    Now on 2 sources Terra is the name of the western continent, one is Opal. Which is it?
    Galactic City is where the galactic council are, correct? I assume it is on Opal? Or Is the Galactic City on the moon Eenos.
    Hydron comes from the under sea domed city of Serus, Right? I think it was originally called Orca?
    Flipshot comes from Levitan, the Floating city?
    Titus is the island inbetween the 2 continents?
    The sea in between the two continents is the Guardian Sea.
    The Oasis i assume is on the Western Continent as well, where Master Sebrian, Mara, Drissi, Caz, and Grot reside.
    Sagitar comes from Equinos, its own planet
    Tuskador is a intergalactic Trader, not sure where he is from, and Artilla comes from another planet as well, forget now what is was called.
    I forget Now where Spinwit came from, was it ever mentioned? Any other notably cities on Primus, that should or are worth mentioning. Hope u can help?
    Last edited by facet; December 12, 2014 at 01:34am. Reason: added info

Master of New Adventures!
    Facet, regrettably I confess that with the passage of time and having written over a thousand episodes of television since NA, my memory of Primus' topography and geography has faded, slipped my bounds and is beyond my reach.

Midor, thank you for that homage. Story editing Care Bears, as you may know, was my first staff job in television. Knowing of the horror novels and murder mysteries I wrote, my mother used to ask, "How can such a nice boy that worked on Care Bears write such frightening things for adults?" To which I would reply, "If you spent six years with the Care Bears you'd want to do some mayhem, too."

Case in point, he said, shamelessly promoting his latest visceral suspense novel http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QU6WDTE
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 18, 2014 at 10:31pm.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Facet, regrettably I confess that with the passage of time and having written over a thousand episodes of television since NA, my memory of Primus' topography and geography has faded, slipped my bounds and is beyond my reach.

Midor, thank you for that homage. Story editing Care Bears, as you may know, was my first staff job in television. Knowing of the horror novels and murder mysteries I wrote, my mother used to ask, "How can such a nice boy that worked on Care Bears write such frightening things for adults?" To which I would reply, "If you spent six years with the Care Bears you'd want to do some mayhem, too."

Case in point, he said, shamelessly promoting his latest visceral suspense novel http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QU6WDTE
    Are you responsible for creating the Care Bear Stare???

No, I believe that was Nelvana, which produced Care Bears before it came to me at DIC. I am, however, responsible for the pick-up line "Did you like the Care Bears when you were a little girl?" Let's just say the Care Bears were very, very good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Are you responsible for creating the Care Bear Stare???

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    No, I believe that was Nelvana, which produced Care Bears before it came to me at DIC. I am, however, responsible for the pick-up line "Did you like the Care Bears when you were a little girl?" Let's just say the Care Bears were very, very good to me.

Well, the Care Bears did bring a lot of love to the world.

Don't get me started.
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

Well, the Care Bears did bring a lot of love to the world.

Was it about 10 or so eps you wrote for the CBs? I can just about remember the show, it wasn't the sort of program I watched all the time back then... though I did rent the movie several times!

Anyway, back on topic I know it's been a source of some irk to some viewers, any memories of who did the sound effects for the NA? Just watched one of my fav Anime movies, Macross: Do You Remember Love, and heard a lot of the laser blasts sounds were the same as the ones used in NA.

While freelance writing numerous episodes of THE LITTLES, Jean Chalopin hired me to come on staff at DIC as the Assistant Story Editor of CARE BEARS. Within a month the Story Editor was gone and I was promoted to full Story Editor. Just as now, the entertainment industry was full-out combat and warfare, very political. Battle armor was required every day to survive and thrive. There's a scene in the film PATTON when George C. Scott is walking through the aftermath of a battle -- tanks smoldering and bodies everywhere -- and he looks to the heavens and softly intones, "God help me, but I do love it so." I know precisely what he meant because I felt the same way.

To answer your question, I story edited two seasons of CARE BEARS and CARE BEAR COUSINS, but didn't write episodes. I will still pounding out episodes of THE LITTLES concurrently. Writing assignments for POPPLES, LADY LOVELY LOCKS, for which I wrote all episodes, M.A.S.K., HELLO KITTY and my creation of the original series bible for MIHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS were to come.

As for sound effects, I wasn't involved in that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Was it about 10 or so eps you wrote for the CBs? I can just about remember the show, it wasn't the sort of program I watched all the time back then... though I did rent the movie several times!

Anyway, back on topic I know it's been a source of some irk to some viewers, any memories of who did the sound effects for the NA? Just watched one of my fav Anime movies, Macross: Do You Remember Love, and heard a lot of the laser blasts sounds were the same as the ones used in NA.

Don't remember watching Popples, most likely on the wrong TV channel, but I do remember watching some Lady Lovely Locks eps, I was actually looking for it on DVD not more than a few weeks back, but could only ever find the old UK VHS releases, or a couple eps on of those Girls Rule! DVDs... just checked again, as you reminded me of the name, Popples was on the other Girls Rule! DVD release (along with She-Ra and JEM). Were Popples and L3 done by the same animation company?

M.A.S.K., another of my fave series from the 80s, the completes series DVD boxset sits very nicely on my shelve