Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Olesker's Thread: "You've Got Questions, I've Got Answers"

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Any thoughts on the new "Space Mutants" logo?
    I confess some reluctance to criticize Mattel as they have given me much over the years in terms of business, wonderful projects to work on and great creative latitude.

However, I'm always as honest in my criticism as I am in my praise, so I have to say I agree with several other orgers who have said elsewhere that the logo seems out of place. It does look very 50's, which is curious given the context of the Mutants themselves.

Hey Jack,

What made you decide to have Adam reveal his secret identity to his parents? Not that I'm against the move or for it, it's just a very ballsy move. That's a pretty strong, really important moment to put in episode one. In season two how would that have played out with Man at Arms knowing the truth about Adam being He-Man? Would Duncan have essentially outed him to all of Eternia in an effort to capture him (seeing how he'd be a fugitive and all). With that knowledge possibly being public how would have his old enemies taken that news?

How long was Adam on Primus?

Did Duncan pull off his coup the moment Adam left? Is this something he always wanted to do or did something happen after He-Man left?

Thanks for your answers Jack and thanks for being so available for questions. It's very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull_Khan View Post
    Hey Jack,

What made you decide to have Adam reveal his secret identity to his parents? Not that I'm against the move or for it, it's just a very ballsy move. That's a pretty strong, really important moment to put in episode one. In season two how would that have played out with Man at Arms knowing the truth about Adam being He-Man? Would Duncan have essentially outed him to all of Eternia in an effort to capture him (seeing how he'd be a fugitive and all). With that knowledge possibly being public how would have his old enemies taken that news?

How long was Adam on Primus?

Did Duncan pull off his coup the moment Adam left? Is this something he always wanted to do or did something happen after He-Man left?

Thanks for your answers Jack and thanks for being so available for questions. It's very much appreciated.
    For your first question, let me start by saying I'm a former USAF helicopter air rescue medic and the military has a strong edict that states soldiers are given information on a "need-to-know" basis. Beyond an emotional one, I saw no need for Adam's parents to have this information. In HOFFA -- arguably Nicholson's best film -- one of his underlings asks to know some scret information. Hoffa tells him "Don't ask for something if it's a burden to ya to get it." I also felt the Adam/He-man information carried the potential of being a burden at some unforeseen point in the future.

I would not have had Duncan pull off the coup immediately. We've had a lot of discussion in many different threads about my wanting Duncan to "turn evil". That is not the case and that's been taken out of context. I envisioned Duncan pulling off the coup only after agonizing about it and only because he honestly felt it was something he had to do in the interests of Eternia. I did see The Sorceress, Teela and She-ra establishing a tripartite ruling alliance in Adam's absence -- a sort of benevolent matriarchy (I've always been big on female impowerment. I figure the gals can't possibly mess things up as much as the men have down through history, so why not let them run it for a while? )

I imagined a planetary threat coming and, through no faiult of their own, the women stumble. Duncan sees no choice but to wrest control. It's true that I said one part of him harbors some desire for power after having been in He-man's shadow for so long, but I believe that is understandable.

No, I did not see Duncan using the He-man information against him. That is simply not in him.

I believe He-man was on Primus for a few years of our time. And while we're talking about Primus, I'll reiterate that I respectfully disagree with those orgers who felt it was inappropriate for He-man to leave family and friends to go to Primus. I felt it was perfectly in his character and, in fact, that for him to not answer the call would have been very un-He-man-like. Every day our brave, courageous and heroic men and women in the military leave family and friends to protect our freedom and liberty. Their families make great and painful sacrifices in letting their sons and daughters go off to war -- as did my own mother and father many, many years ago -- but they understand. Could the most powerful man in the universe be expected to do any less when a world asked him to come because he is the last hope for humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    For your first question, let me start by saying I'm a former USAF helicopter air rescue medic and the military has a strong edict that states soldiers are given information on a "need-to-know" basis. Beyond an emotional one, I saw no need for Adam's parents to have this information. In HOFFA -- arguably Nicholson's best film -- one of his underlings asks to know some scret information. Hoffa tells him "Don't ask for something if it's a burden to ya to get it." I also felt the Adam/He-man information carried the potential of being a burden at some unforeseen point in the future.

I would not have had Duncan pull off the coup immediately. We've had a lot of discussion in many different threads about my wanting Duncan to "turn evil". That is not the case and that's been taken out of context. I envisioned Duncan pulling off the coup only after agonizing about it and only because he honestly felt it was something he had to do in the interests of Eternia. I did see The Sorceress, Teela and She-ra establishing a tripartite ruling alliance in Adam's absence -- a sort of benevolent matriarchy (I've always been big on female impowerment. I figure the gals can't possibly mess things up as much as the men have down through history, so why not let them run it for a while? )

I imagined a planetary threat coming and, through no faiult of their own, the women stumble. Duncan sees no choice but to wrest control. It's true that I said one part of him harbors some desire for power after having been in He-man's shadow for so long, but I believe that is understandable.

No, I did not see Duncan using the He-man information against him. That is simply not in him.

I believe He-man was on Primus for a few years of our time. And while we're talking about Primus, I'll reiterate that I respectfully disagree with those orgers who felt it was inappropriate for He-man to leave family and friends to go to Primus. I felt it was perfectly in his character and, in fact, that for him to not answer the call would have been very un-He-man-like. Every day our brave, courageous and heroic men and women in the military leave family and friends to protect our freedom and liberty. Their families make great and painful sacrifices in letting their sons and daughters go off to war -- as did my own mother and father many, many years ago -- but they understand. Could the most powerful man in the universe be expected to do any less when a world asked him to come because he is the last hope for humanity?
    Thanks for answering those questions and yeah I agree that Adam would have left Eternia to help those who asked for it. That's what he does, it's who he is so I'm fine with that. I usually equate Superman to He-Man on a lot of levels and I've seen Superman leave earth to help others countless times. Again it's just who he is. And for the record the NA Adam is my favorite version out of the three. Love his look and his character.

It sucks that we never got a second season. Kind of a bummer actually. Sounds like you were taking it to some very interesting places. Anyway thanks again Jack for answering my questions.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Firstly, thanks for your contributions to the boards Jack, you're an inspiring guy.

Anyway, has anyone discussed Toyguru's answer to this question:

4. Mr.Treeface: Optikk's bio leads me to believe that neither He-Man or Skeletor travels to the future. Is this indeed the case? Has that story line been scrapped?

Not as much scrapped as much as it has been streamlined. We looked at the notes for the proposed 3rd and 4th season of the 2002 series and tried to incorporate those ideas into the bios. One of our big goals for the MOTUC line was to create as many diverse characters and as many “battle situations” as possible to fuel fan’s imaginations as they create their own adventures. In the case of Optikk and the NA characters, they were incorporated into the Classic bios as they would have been incorporated into the 4th season of the 2002 show.

I guess you wouldn't have had any input into the 2002 show Jack, but what do you think of the decision to bring the characters you'd originally written for into the most recent MOTU show?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Firstly, thanks for your contributions to the boards Jack, you're an inspiring guy.

Anyway, has anyone discussed Toyguru's answer to this question:

4. Mr.Treeface: Optikk's bio leads me to believe that neither He-Man or Skeletor travels to the future. Is this indeed the case? Has that story line been scrapped?

Not as much scrapped as much as it has been streamlined. We looked at the notes for the proposed 3rd and 4th season of the 2002 series and tried to incorporate those ideas into the bios. One of our big goals for the MOTUC line was to create as many diverse characters and as many “battle situations” as possible to fuel fan’s imaginations as they create their own adventures. In the case of Optikk and the NA characters, they were incorporated into the Classic bios as they would have been incorporated into the 4th season of the 2002 show.

I guess you wouldn't have had any input into the 2002 show Jack, but what do you think of the decision to bring the characters you'd originally written for into the most recent MOTU show?
    Thanks for that.

I certainly had no input on the 2002 show as I was not a part of it. As for the direction Mattel is taking Optikk, as I've said in other posts, Mattel is a corporation and their obligation is to their shareholders. They best fulfill that obligation by selling lots of toys. So they need to do whatever they need to do in order to achieve that goal and if it means changing Optikk's bio, then so be it.

Look I'm a creative guy -- a producer/director/writer. But I'm also a businessman, so I get it and I'm fine with it. Frankly, whatever serves to keep He-man going is okay with me. Now that might sound a bit glib and those who strongly believe canon is sacred may be aghast. But let me ask this question: if by Mattel deciding to reveal that He-man was actually not Randor and Marlena's son, but actually the son of Skeletor and The Sorceress (yes, yes, I hear James Earl Jones' voice, but I'm just giving an example, so cut me a break here) we would all end up with a new movie and a new television series and a new toy line -- even though it goes completely against canon -- who amongst us would not jump for joy?

The point is, stuff changes. Maybe Optikk wasn't in the future. Maybe Primus wasn't in the future (even though Mattel told me it was when they first made their presentation). Maybe Primus is in the same time period as Eternia and is actually on a collision course with Eternia that can only be averted if Sebrian frees his planet from the Mutants, allowing him to find a solution to the impending collision and that was why he sent for He-man...aside from his also being the Sorceress' father. (I'm starting to get a headache. )

All speculation and a bit of overdone and overly dramatic fun. But the point is, at the end of the day toy lines and television series -- like it or not -- are about profit. And profit is certainly made easier to attain when you have a legion of devoted fans. So if tinkering with Optikk -- and even tinkering with sacred canon -- ends up prolonging the line and perhaps taking it into wonderfully inventive and unimagined directions, then I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 17, 2010 at 10:03pm.

Court Magician
    Sorry if this is off NA topic, but I have to say much I love you're work.

I didn't know who you were untill I saw this thread and after looking up what shows you were involved w/ I must say I am impressed and indepted to you for much of my entertainment as a boy.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
    Sorry if this is off NA topic, but I have to say much I love you're work.

I didn't know who you were untill I saw this thread and after looking up what shows you were involved w/ I must say I am impressed and indepted to you for much of my entertainment as a boy.

Thanks.
    For a comment like that you can get 'off topic' any time you like.

You might enjoy listening to Masterscast Episode 25, in which I'm interviewed, to get more background on my involvement in NA.

Thanks for being a fan of NA and my other work. Fans are everything for writers.

Best,

Jack

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I like to thank you as well Mr. Jack Olesker for writing all those great stories!
    I really enjoyed growing up with them and even to this day I still enjoy the majority of the stories. I particularly watched the following shows wehn I was a kid:
    The New Adventures of He-Man
    M.A.S.K.
    Heathcliff & the Catillac Cats
    The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
    Video Power
    Care Bears
    Beverly Hills Teens
    I finished watching M.A.S.K. some time ago and I recently bought the first DVD set of The New Adventures of He-Man which I'm eager to watch again!
    I'm also thrilled to finally have the first NA released MOTUC figure Optikk and I can't wait for more of them. Owning the figure really boosted my interest in The New Adventures again!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I like to thank you as well Mr. Jack Olesker for writing all those great stories!
    I really enjoyed growing up with them and even to this day I still enjoy the majority of the stories. I particularly watched the following shows wehn I was a kid:
    The New Adventures of He-Man
    M.A.S.K.
    Heathcliff & the Catillac Cats
    The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
    Video Power
    Care Bears
    Beverly Hills Teens
    I finished watching M.A.S.K. some time ago and I recently bought the first DVD set of The New Adventures of He-Man which I'm eager to watch again!
    I'm also thrilled to finally have the first NA released MOTUC figure Optikk and I can't wait for more of them. Owning the figure really boosted my interest in The New Adventures again!
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm pleased you liked so many of the series I've worked on over the years. If you get a chance, listen to the Masterscast podcast, episode 25. Lots of information in there.

Congratulations on getting Optikk., I'm not a collector, but I think he looks great.

Best,

Jack

I still feel the need to apologise. I still feel bad over my ignorance.
    Also..Ma Ma Ma MASK WOOOO.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    I still feel the need to apologise. I still feel bad over my ignorance.
    Also..Ma Ma Ma MASK WOOOO.
    Apologies are never necessary between fans who share a common bond -- and especially not for something you that you incorrectly perceive as a slight. So move on.

As for M.A.S.K. it has a warm spot in my heart. I wrote some early episodes for the series when I was at DIC. Then one day Andy Heyward (DIC's president) called me into his office and told me we'd gotten a last minute pick-up for thirteen more episodes. He said he needed "an Olesker-job" -- namely, he needed the thirteen episodes written well and very fast. (If that sounds a bit immodest, remember that Muhammad Ali once said, "It's not bragging if it's true.") Andy said we had exactly ten days to deliver thirteen half-hour episode scripts. He told me to pick out one writer, split the episodes with him, work from home rather than staying at the studio and come back in ten days when all thirteen were finished.

I chose Ray Dryden -- a friend who I'd brought on staff at DIC. Ray was also a director (CLONUS: THE PARTS HORROR; THE ATTIC), so, like me, he worked well under pressure.

We set up a hot line between our homes and worked twenty-hour days, going through pounds of coffee in the process. I wrote seven episodes, Ray wrote six -- and that means writing the story springboards, then expanding them into a full beat outline and finally into a thirty-page script for each episode -- and I also story-edited his scripts. I remember we'd call each other at three and four in the morning to discuss weapons we'd created for an episode and when one of us had duplicated a weapon that the other had just created we'd let out an anguished shriek.

At the end of the ten days I delivered the thirteen scripts to Andy. He smiled that thin, enigmatic smile he's famous for in the industry and softly said, "Well done." From Andy Heyward, that was high praise, indeed.

All in all it was great fun. But like the grueling survival training I went through in the USAF back when I was a helicopter air rescue medic, it's something I'm glad I did...but also something I sure wouldn't want to do again.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 8, 2010 at 06:33pm.

hey jack, first i remember being really excited for the show as a kid, the toys were great too! i dig the show for what it is. i just bought the dvd collection not too long ago and have been wacthing them regularly.the episodes are exciting and the tone darker and it seems the hero's have more at stake. with such a serious direection the show took, why were the mutants, well dumb? and why was skeletor so goofy with his singing and dancing. the show was good and in my opinion didnt need comic relief, although skeletor was a cool bad guy in the show, i just dont get his goofyness. sry if these questions were already answered! thx for the cool show!

Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    hey jack, first i remember being really excited for the show as a kid, the toys were great too! i dig the show for what it is. i just bought the dvd collection not too long ago and have been wacthing them regularly.the episodes are exciting and the tone darker and it seems the hero's have more at stake. with such a serious direection the show took, why were the mutants, well dumb? and why was skeletor so goofy with his singing and dancing. the show was good and in my opinion didnt need comic relief, although skeletor was a cool bad guy in the show, i just dont get his goofyness. sry if these questions were already answered! thx for the cool show!
    Thanks for that, Kelddorr.

Btw, I'm not ignoring your question. I'm presently in a very heavy post-production period for a documentary I recently shot down in the Bahamas and an appropriate reply to your question will be a lengthy one. So I'll get back to you by mid-week.

Best,

Jack

ok cool, awsome show, and good luck with your new projects let me just add, skeletor is awsome with the newer armor by the way! big fan of the super mario show too! got em all now!

Okay. First, sorry for the delay. Very heavy work period for me. Not an excuse; just an explanation.

It's true that the N/A mutants were not the sharpest Crayons in the box. For an explanation as to why this was so, you first need to remember that the thing a lot of orgers miss when they're making criticisms (and they're certainly entitled to their opinions) is that while board members are huge He-man fans, all of the early series were aimed at kids and were written for kids. When one is blessed with being able to write for children, there is an enormous responsibility to realize that in a small way you are having an influence on them. As such, I have always, over my thirty-five year career, tried to occasionally inject a pro-social element. In making the mutants less than brilliant I wanted to send the subliminal message to young children that Evil is generally stupid.

Skeletor, on the other hand, is the exception to the rule. He's Evil and he's also very smart. There was, however, a very good reason why he appeared goofy in N/A. Remember that on Eternia he was the leader of the pack. Now, on Primus, he finds himself walking into an already well established pack of bad guys -- the mutants. Being intelligent, he realized that for him to keep his regular 'kick butt and take numbers' attitude could be dangerous. Out-numbered, in a far away place, with no minions and facing formidable weapons, Skeletor decided it was best to act the clown for a bit so he could get the lay of the land before making his move. However, there were times, away from the others, that he dropped the goofy facade and hoisted his true colors, particularly if he was alone with Crita.

Too, I felt that once Skeletor started acting this somewhat humorous manner that he might have actually warmed to it. He had been overtly evil for an awfully long time and everyone needs a change of pace once in a while. (It's tough to name a even a few times in the orginial series when Skeletor had a genuine laugh of amusement -- evil laughsd don't count -- and in N/A I think he might have found that even and evil villain likes to have a genuine laugh of amusement once in a while.)

But the truth is, in N/A he was no less evil. I just thought he would enjoy the change of pace as far as his personal delivery was concerned.

I hope that answers your questions. And I'm also pleased that you liked the old Super Mario Brothers series. Heaven knows Daddy's having written for it has scored major points with my children over the years.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 27, 2010 at 06:31pm.

wow, umm, well it all makes sense, i did sort of forget that i was 9 or 10 when this show came out. lol, skeletor being goofy, did kinda confuse flogg, thx for the reply, be cool!
    Last edited by kelddorr; June 27, 2010 at 09:37pm.

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    This isn't so much a question as it is shameless gushing. I really loved your work with the Super Mario Bros. cartoons. Considering the limitations at the time as far as characterization and world building go (especially compared to how the Mario games are today), y'all did great. =]

Quote Originally Posted by the parasite eve View Post
    This isn't so much a question as it is shameless gushing. I really loved your work with the Super Mario Bros. cartoons. Considering the limitations at the time as far as characterization and world building go (especially compared to how the Mario games are today), y'all did great. =]
    Thanks, Parasite, and feel free to gush any time you like.

I loved working on Super Mario Brothers. Chartacters were really great and the storylines were a lot of fun. The series did leave me with one bittersweet memory however. The Christmas episode I wrote was my absolute favorite. But through an error that was no one's fault, DIC accidentally put another writer's name on it. Sad.

What's wonderful, however, is that with the resurgence of interest in Super Mario thanks to all the video games, Daddy's star is in ascendency with my children.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Skeletor, on the other hand, is the exception to the rule. He's Evil and he's also very smart. There was, however, a very good reason why he appeared goofy in N/A. Remember that on Eternia he was the leader of the pack. Now, on Primus, he finds himself walking into an already well established pack of bad guys -- the mutants. Being intelligent, he realized that for him to keep his regular 'kick butt and take numbers' attitude could be dangerous. Out-numbered, in a far away place, with no minions and facing formidable weapons, Skeletor decided it was best to act the clown for a bit so he could get the lay of the land before making his move. However, there were times, away from the others, that he dropped the goofy facade and hoisted his true colors, particularly if he was alone with Crita.

Too, I felt that once Skeletor started acting this somewhat humorous manner that he might have actually warmed to it. He had been overtly evil for an awfully long time and everyone needs a change of pace once in a while. (It's tough to name a even a few times in the orginial series when Skeletor had a genuine laugh of amusement -- evil laughsd don't count -- and in N/A I think he might have found that even and evil villain likes to have a genuine laugh of amusement once in a while.)

But the truth is, in N/A he was no less evil. I just thought he would enjoy the change of pace as far as his personal delivery was concerned.

I
    Personally, I loved your portrayal of Skeletor. This was actually similar to the way I always saw the character. (I was never much influenced by Filmation - I couldn't get it on any of the channels where I lived when I was a kid.) And it does even more now, knowing about things like Keldor - imagine how insane being transformed into this strange creature must have driven him. Evil, yes, but also completely bug-snogging nuts. Not quite Joker level insanity, but not entirely stable either.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

what episodes is optikk in, as in a bigger role? also, why wasnt the cyborg skeletor angle played in the cartoon? i just thought i'd ask and sry if these were already asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Personally, I loved your portrayal of Skeletor. This was actually similar to the way I always saw the character. (I was never much influenced by Filmation - I couldn't get it on any of the channels where I lived when I was a kid.) And it does even more now, knowing about things like Keldor - imagine how insane being transformed into this strange creature must have driven him. Evil, yes, but also completely bug-snogging nuts. Not quite Joker level insanity, but not entirely stable either.
    yeah i agree, he had to be nuts. i liked the filmation skeletor, but he wasnt all that bright. na skeletor is a genuis, master manipulator, evil, and he's pretty handy with his staff.i liked the skeletor in na. i just didnt understand why he acted goofy. i wonder if jack planned on him putting the stamp down on the mutants and takeing over though?
    Last edited by kelddorr; August 1, 2010 at 01:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what episodes is optikk in, as in a bigger role? also, why wasnt the cyborg skeletor angle played in the cartoon? i just thought i'd ask and sry if these were already asked.

yeah i agree, he had to be nuts. i liked the filmation skeletor, but he wasnt all that bright. na skeletor is a genuis, master manipulator, evil, and he's pretty handy with his staff.i liked the skeletor in na. i just didnt understand why he acted goofy. i wonder if jack planned on him putting the stamp down on the mutants and takeing over though?
    As for which episodes Optikk was in, I'll have to defer to one of the orgers -- and there are plenty of them -- who have encyclopedic memories about episodes. I wrote them two decades ago and I've done a lot since then, so the memory of specific episodes fades.

Optikk was, however, primarily in later episodes as he was part of the second wave of action figures and Mattel (understandably) wanted me to wait until the second wave figures were in the stores before heavily featuring them in my writing.

Some elements of the series -- like cyborg Skelly -- came and went. When you're writing for a series you try out different things and sometimes you get excited by a new element and discard older ones because you only have a limited amount of running time in each episode.

As I've said elsewhere, I had Skeletor appear particularly goofy -- especially in early episodes -- because he was the new guy on the block. On Eternia he was well-established, a major player and coming from a position of power. Here, with the Mutants, he had no minions and if he started strutting his stuff too soon then the Mutants could shut him down. Thus he elected to play the fool in early episodes in order to get a lay of the land. You will find him doing this less so in later episodes, as he consolidates his power, finds weaknesses in the Mutants' infrastructure and allies himself with Crita. However, he still retains some of his comical elements because I felt once he tried being more light-hearted that he might actually find he enjoyed it a little.

As for which episodes Optikk was in, I'll have to defer to one of the orgers -- and there are plenty of them -- who have encyclopedic memories about episodes. I wrote them two decades ago and I've done a lot since then, so the memory of specific episodes fades.

Optikk was, however, primarily in later episodes as he was part of the second wave of action figures and Mattel (understandably) wanted me to wait until the second wave figures were in the stores before heavily featuring them in my writing.

Some elements of the series -- like cyborg Skelly -- came and went. When you're writing for a series you try out different things and sometimes you get excited by a new element and discard older ones because you only have a limited amount of running time in each episode.

As I've said elsewhere, I had Skeletor appear particularly goofy -- especially in early episodes -- because he was the new guy on the block. On Eternia he was well-established, a major player and coming from a position of power. Here, with the Mutants, he had no minions and if he started strutting his stuff too soon then the Mutants could shut him down. Thus he elected to play the fool in early episodes in order to get a lay of the land. You will find him doing this less so in later episodes, as he consolidates his power, finds weaknesses in the Mutants' infrastructure and allies himself with Crita. However, he still retains some of his comical elements because I felt once he tried being more light-hearted that he might actually find he enjoyed it a little.
    ys, and im starting to notice him also getting more frustrated with the mutants too! good stuff thx jack! i need to find the second volume too, bring on na, for sure!

about the whole MAA taking power and the three women being in charge

is any of this realy necessary? Why couldn't He-Man / Adam simply return to the moment that he left (or at least a few seconds later)?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    about the whole MAA taking power and the three women being in charge

is any of this realy necessary? Why couldn't He-Man / Adam simply return to the moment that he left (or at least a few seconds later)?
    He could...but where would the drama in that be? I like to shuffle things around, complicate them and fill life with surprises -- some pleasant, others to the opposite. Imo, it's the ever-changing landscape that provides us with challenges and obstacles that we must rise to and strive to overcome, thus defining the quality of our character.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 18, 2010 at 10:57pm.