Thread: Looking at buying Big skeletor/trapjaw statue concerned with description need help

Heroic Warrior

Looking at buying Big skeletor/trapjaw statue concerned with description need help

I am looking at buying these statues but the seller is describing them as new but just displayed however he wrote:

TRAPJAW RESIN STATUE # 39 OF 750. HE IS IN GREAT CONDITION AND WAS ONLY TAKEN OUT OF BOX FOR DISPLAY INSIDE A GLASS SHOW CASE. TRAPJAWS ARM WITH THE CLAW HAS BEEN GLUED TOGETHER AT THERE JOINTS BECAUSE THE ARM SEEMED TO BE TO HEAVY FOR THE BASE AND I NEVER WANTED TO RISK IT FALLING OFF AND BREAKING SINCE THESE ARE RESIN MADE STATUES. HE IS FIRMLY ONE COMPLETE PIECE WITH NOTHING IS REMOVABLE EXCEPT THE WIRES HANGING ON HIS CLAW EVERYTHING ELSE IS ALL ONE PIECE

and

SKELETOR RESIN STATUE # 28 OF 1250. HE IS IN GREAT CONDITION AND WAS ONLY TAKEN OUT OF BOX FOR DISPLAY INSIDE A GLASS SHOW CASE. SKELETORS STAFF HAS BEEN GLUED TOGETHER AT THERE JOINTS BECAUSE THE TOP OF THE STAFF ALWAYS SEEMED TO BE TO HEAVY FOR THE BASE AND I NEVER WANTED TO RISK IT FALLING OFF AND BREAKING SINCE THESE ARE RESIN MADE STATUES. HIS STAFF CAN COME OUT OF HIS HAND AND PLACED ANYWHERE YOU LIKE. ALSO THE SWORD AND STICK AND WHITE BONES CAN ALSO BE TAKEN OUT AND MOVED AROUND ACCORDING TO THE WAY YOU LIKE

should I go for it or does it sound like its been broken and repaired to anyone im not sure if these pieces are just heavy and hes reinforcing them but id think glue would hurt the future value. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Heroic Warrior
    i can't answer about TrapJaw but for Skelly, it sounds like a repair job to me. the head of the staff is connected by a long pin type piec and a thicker peg type piece the only way it will fall off is if you displayed skelly upside down. which would cause his head and cape to fall off too.