Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Embarrasing MOTU tales

  1. #1
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203

    Embarrasing MOTU tales

    I've been meaning to start this thread for a while, and the current thread about Mer Man (http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=145047) jogged my mind.

    Does anyone have any embarrasing MOTU-related tales that they'd care to share?

    I remember when I was about 5, asking my Mum why Mer Man wasn't called Sea Man!! (Oh, such innocent days!). I seem to remember that she mumbled and stumbled a bit, and said that if it were correct, he would be called Ocean Man!
    It wasn't until years later that I realised what I had said!

    Anyone else with similar embarrasing stories?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  2. #2
    ***ern Antiquarian Mosquitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    3,465
    I remember asking my Mum if she thought Sy-Klone had a willy, and then asking what the correct word for 'willy' was so I could write to the letters page in the UK comics and ask them... so I first learned the word 'penis' when asking about Sy-Klone's possession or lack of one...
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

  3. #3
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    I remember asking my Mum if she thought Sy-Klone had a willy, and then asking what the correct word for 'willy' was so I could write to the letters page in the UK comics and ask them... so I first learned the word 'penis' when asking about Sy-Klone's possession or lack of one...
    Would I be correct in guessing that they didn't answer the question?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior SLO-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post

    I remember when I was about 5, asking my Mum why Mer Man wasn't called Sea Man!! (Oh, such innocent days!). I seem to remember that she mumbled and stumbled a bit, and said that if it were correct, he would be called Ocean Man!
    It wasn't until years later that I realised what I had said!
    I don't see how that is embarrasing.

    Then again, I may be missing something.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

  5. #5
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I don't see how that is embarrasing.

    Then again, I may be missing something.
    Err... hmm... I'm not sure if this is serious or not. You see, semen makes babies. Or at least, that's what I was taught in school.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  6. #6
    ***ern Antiquarian Mosquitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    3,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Would I be correct in guessing that they didn't answer the question?
    I don't think I ever actually sent them that question, thankfully.

    I did send quite a lot of letters to the UK comics though, and two of them were printed- issues 68 and 69 IIRC.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

  7. #7
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    I don't think I ever actually sent them that question, thankfully.

    I did send quite a lot of letters to the UK comics though, and two of them were printed- issues 68 and 69 IIRC.
    I don't have those issues, what did you write?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  8. #8
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I don't have those issues, what did you write?
    Dammit, right on the edge of where I have the comics up to (I have to 64).
    I wrote in a couple of times, but never got it printed. Because my letters sucked.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  9. #9
    Mattycollector.com The_Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mattycollector.com!
    Posts
    896
    I remeber when I was five, I decided to bring my Grayskull and all my figures out into the backyard to play. For some reason, I thought everything looked more "real" out in the garden.

    But anyway, as I was playing, the girl next door to me, who was 7 opened the gate to our fence and caught me. Now, even at five, I had a MASSIVE crush on her. So, her seeing me, and HEARING me do all the voices, and "boom boom!" sounds made me want to die.

    But it turns out the reason she came over, is she seen Grayskull, she never had one. So, instead of making fun, we played for hours that day, and many days after.

  10. #10
    "Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Whispering Woods
    Posts
    4,963
    Lol, cute story.

  11. #11
    ***ern Antiquarian Mosquitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    3,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I don't have those issues, what did you write?
    Issue 68- "How did King Hiss grow snakes in his body?"

    Issue 69- "Why is Grizzlor so stupid?"

    I think the question "Does Sy-Klone have a penis?" would have followed on quite nicely from them.

    The links to those comic summaries are here:

    http://he-man.org/primary_sects/maga...tu_uk_68.shtml

    http://he-man.org/primary_sects/maga...tu_uk_69.shtml

    I wrote all the summaries on this site for the UK comics years ago, though when editing them the site's previous owners replaced the word 'I' with 'Aidan' so it sounds like they're just mentioning me in the third person.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

  12. #12
    Always Hawthorn Viceroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Err... hmm... I'm not sure if this is serious or not. You see, semen makes babies. Or at least, that's what I was taught in school.
    Hey Spacedust I don't think english is SLO-MAN's first language thats why he didn't get it.

    However it was a funny story.

  13. #13
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    Hey Spacedust I don't think english is SLO-MAN's first language thats why he didn't get it.

    However it was a funny story.
    Yeah, my bad, I was half asleep, but I was wondering if I saw it funny and no-one else got it!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •