View Poll Results: How do you rate ("the original") Skeletor figure? (with 10 being the best)

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 point

1 1.01%
  • 2 points

0 0%
  • 3 points

0 0%
  • 4 points

0 0%
  • 5 points

0 0%
  • 6 points

1 1.01%
  • 7 points

5 5.05%
  • 8 points

7 7.07%
  • 9 points

13 13.13%
  • 10 points

72 72.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The original" Skeletor classic figure review thread

Chris here...

I can't believe that this thread has been around since January and I've yet to reply to it...!

The original, soft-head Skeletor was the very first MOTU figure I ever owned. Now, I read a lot of stories here about folks collecting MOTU from circa 1983 - 1985. Well, I was a real late-comer to the line, with my first MOTU figure coming in the summer of 1988!

The reason I came to own Skeletor was that Children's ITV in the UK had started showing He-Man as part of their school holiday summer mornings line-up - I'd always enjoyed He-Man, but having seen a couple of episodes of these re-runs I suddenly became absolutely obsessed with it! I remember recording the episodes and taking the tape with me when I went to visit my Grandmother, the tape at the time having three episodes on - "Daimar the Demon", "Wizard of Stone Mountain" and "Ordeal in the Darklands", which tells me my visit must have been on a Wednesday! Anyway, seeing how much I was enjoying the episodes, my Grandmother offered to buy me a He-Man figure, which she said she would bring round the next day. She told me that she expected she'd bring it round shortly after He-Man was on - however, I expect she got confused thinking it was on in the evening, because as soon as He-Man finished I waited impatiently all day!

Finally, at long last my Nan arrived, and guess what she'd bought? Yep, it was Skeletor! The original, soft-head, Skeletor, complete with "The Power of Point Dread" mini-comic! I absolutely loved him, and have a vivid memory of taking him out into the back garden to play with, even though it was threatening to rain!! Of course there was only so much I could do with just Skeletor on his own, so shortly thereafter my Mum & Dad bought me Flying Fists He-Man to go with him - but that's another story!

As for the rating I'd give Skeletor - needless to say I have to go with the flow here and give him a resounding 10 out of 10!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

10 just like the original He-Man orginal Skeletor is the best.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, definitely 10 material here. The original Skeletor had everything going for him that he needed. No classic MOTU collection would be complete without an original Skeletor action figure.

Sadly, I have to agree that Skeletor was "dumbed-down" during the show's final season. What a tragically unremarkable end to one of the most memorable animated villains to ever grace the small screen!

I really think Filmation should have created a more fitting final episode to one of it's greatest creations. Maybe someone should start a link allowing us to summarize our individual versions of what the "perfect" final episode would consist of.

...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TriKlops1971 View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree that Skeletor was "dumbed-down" during the show's final season. What a tragically unremarkable end to one of the most memorable animated villains to ever grace the small screen!
    I thought he was good in the She-Ra episode 'Of Shadows and Skulls' though Especially when he says: "Hordak and She-Ra beaten in one day! I should come to Etheria more often"
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

The Skeletor character and figure is simply remarkable. Very easy to identify, his individuality is obvious. The only reason I gave him a 9 instead of a 10 is because the head, when it's made in rubber, it seems too fragile to me. I personnaly saw, as a kid, a figure losing its head by a break in the neck that went bigger and bigger and seemed to be impossible to repair. Really sad. It should have been always done in hard plastic.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Simple, Skeletor is the best villain ever created. and the MOTU action figure was an instant classic.

Possibly one of my favorite action figures of all time. I won't go into any gory details, as I think things got a bit depressing in my response to the Original HM thread... Suffice it to say, I also didn't have this figure until the mayor's son's donations to me. Skeletor is the best!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!