Thread: X-Men: Apocaylpse

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

X-Men: Apocaylpse

OMG! They totally nailed Psylocke's classic look the way they nailed Deadpool. I was expecting Fox to wuss out and give her a generic bodysuit with a white X on the chest.

But that Apocaylpse though...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

That's nothing like the Apocalypse from the comics. He looks like an ordinary dude, not the first mutant.
    My post count just got bigger.

I thought Apocalypse was going to be all motion capture. I am shocked they went with this kind of look. He doesn't look like Oscar Isaac either, more like Sebastian Roche in purple pancake make up. That one picture makes them look like cosplay (albeit very expensive cosplay), which is too bad because I never expected Psylocke to look so accurate to the comics. Storm looks good although she looks like she has the same skin tone as Psylocke.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It is indeed an unexpected direction for them to take.... an X-Men movie where they will be fighting Ivan Ooze...

Yup....

In the name of the Lloyd!

I think they look great... other than Apocalypse's head.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Someone posted this photoshopped version of the one picture, correcting the look of Apocalypse's face and bulking him up. I think it looks a lot better...

Yeah Psylocke being pretty much exactly like the comics outfit is almost surprising considering the movies aren't known for their comic accurate outfits.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Don't insult the great Ivan Ooze by comparing acrapalypse to him.

Acrapalypse looks like the ******* child of beast and nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Yeah Psylocke being pretty much exactly like the comics outfit is almost surprising considering the movies aren't known for their comic accurate outfits.
    It is surprising to me because Marvel in particular is trying to cover up all of it's heroines or take their curves away.

But this IS Fox, not Disney...

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I will wait a bit longer before rendering judgment...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Someone posted this photoshopped version of the one picture, correcting the look of Apocalypse's face and bulking him up. I think it looks a lot better...

http://i.imgur.com/o0OEQ7x.png
    That is nice. Even just the change to the mouth is a huge help. Even if it had to be all added in post, it'd make him look a lot more like Apocalypse.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It is surprising to me because Marvel in particular is trying to cover up all of it's heroines or take their curves away.

I wonder if Munn had anything to do with,while I know her geek cred as always been shaky to questionable it would restore some for us if she actually pushed for a comic accurate outfit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That is nice. Even just the change to the mouth is a huge help. Even if it had to be all added in post, it'd make him look a lot more like Apocalypse.
    I think really a large part of the problem is mostly size, Storm is tall as he is (not sure of footwear) and it makes what should be an imposing figure come off not as imposing.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    an X-Men movie where they will be fighting Ivan Ooze...
    I have been saying that all day
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015

I love Magneto’s new costume. The word is the X-Men may end up having their own costumes this time. I like everything we’ve seen but Apocalypse, which is incredibly disappointing. I seriously think they should have done something with motion-capture for him. He looks very underwhelming. They have a very good actor portraying him, but his design is majorly lacking, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I love Magneto’s new costume. The word is the X-Men may end up having their own costumes this time. I like everything we’ve seen but Apocalypse, which is incredibly disappointing. I seriously think they should have done something with motion-capture for him. He looks very underwhelming. They have a very good actor portraying him, but his design is majorly lacking, IMO.
    Let's hope he will evolve into the bad ass that Apocalypse is before the film ends

So that is how Apocalypse is gonna look?

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

When did they try and take away Black Widow's curves? Poor Scarlett Johansson is asked on the regular if she can even wear underwear in her costume it's so tight. The Scarlet Witch and Gamora both had fairly low cut costumes as well. I don't really see where this opinion originates, how much more can they show off these women's bodies and still leave them with some sense of dignity?
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    When did they try and take away Black Widow's curves? Poor Scarlett Johansson is asked on the regular if she can even wear underwear in her costume it's so tight. The Scarlet Witch and Gamora both had fairly low cut costumes as well. I don't really see where this opinion originates, how much more can they show off these women's bodies and still leave them with some sense of dignity?
    I'm talking about the new "female friendly" direction the Marvel comics and cartoons are taking, so I was surprised at Psylocke actually retaining her classic comic book look. I thought for sure they'd stick her in some generic black bodysuit or something. I'm glad she looks spot on like Psylocke instead of half-assing it like they did in X3.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Thanks to days of future past X3 is literally a bad dream
    A PONY!!!

I wonder if the colours are off in that photo as well, he looks blue on the mag cover but he looks way too purple in that picture.

Psylocke looks fantastic!!! She has been one of my favorite X-men and it's nice to see that they kept true to her 90's/most iconic costume. Apocalypse on the other hand is a huge letdown. Maybe he will morph/transform at a certain part of the film making him bigger and truer to his comic counterpart.

Yeah they shoulda made him blue at least for now "GO GO POWER RANGERS!!" (Of course Green goblin looked power rangerish too)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    I think that cover looks amazing. Looking forward to this movie.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter Not that creativity is actually valued here.

My god I hope they fix Apocalypse as soon as possible.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO