Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexter TV Show

Dexter TV Show

I didn't believe it when I saw it, but it looks like after 5 strong seasons, everyone's favorite, handsome, and downright lovable serial killer with a conscious is back for more!

Wee!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    That is AWESOME news!!!

Dexter is one of my favorite shows ever!!

And the end of Season 5 felt way too much like a wrap up of the series... had me worried that, that was it....

But nothing to worry about now!

Thanks for the news Sky Breaker!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Cool. I'm so far behind on this series it's pitiful but I've loved what I've seen.

Can't wait for next season, only two more months now. This is right now one of my two favorite live action series, Spartacus being the other one. I started watching it at some point before season 3 started, and it was because the series was being discussed here in the forums and it had such positive comments that I just had to check it out.
    Last edited by krugos; August 1, 2011 at 10:48am. Reason: typo
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Cool. I'm so far behind on this series it's pitiful but I've loved what I've seen.
    Same here. I'm almost done season 1. It takes getting used to sitting down long enough to watch a show that's more than 30 minutes. All I usually watch are sitcoms.

I can't wait. None of the hour shows I watch are on now, so I'm in limbo till then.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I didn't believe it when I saw it, but it looks like after 5 strong seasons, everyone's favorite, handsome, and downright lovable serial killer with a conscious is back for more!

Wee!
    Why didn't you believe it? The show is renewed for S6 and S7 and is currently Showtimes biggest show

I can't wait, not sure if anything can top S1 and S4, S4 was just about perfect
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jester View Post
    Same here. I'm almost done season 1. It takes getting used to sitting down long enough to watch a show that's more than 30 minutes. All I usually watch are sitcoms.
    I watched the first few episodes and realized how good it was. I knew my wife would enjoy them so I quit watching so she could catch up with me (she's got one more). Once that happens we'll probably go through them pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Why didn't you believe it? The show is renewed for S6 and S7 and is currently Showtimes biggest show

I can't wait, not sure if anything can top S1 and S4, S4 was just about perfect
    Well you see I'm not really connected to the gossip that surrounds shows, even ones I enjoy. Dexter was so good, I just figured, like all good things, it came to an end.

Also, I didn't really know how big Showtime is. I figured if Heroes could get cancelled, being aired on major networks, a series like Dexter didn't have enough steam after 5 seasons to really continue. But then again, Lost was huge, and that ended abruptly. Anyone with an ear to how networks sell their shows/how ratings actually translate into dollars care to lend their incite?

Its kind of funny, I just found a new appreciation for Heroes, as rewatching Season 1 is bringing back a fondness for some of the characters. I love the characters in Dexter. Especially Quinn, Angel and Deb. I wish I knew the kind of dollars Dexter brings in.

I'm also watching True Blood, although I'm finding that the series has jumped the shark. It is so far over the top, and such a hodge podge of nerd fantasy mumbo jumbo, I'm just waiting for the musicial episode (ala Buffy) , or for Sookie to get pregnant by Eric (ala Twilight), and for the series to finally get staked. There seemed to be a reservation in Season 1, and now I'm just not digging it.

A little off topic, but is there anything else out there as good as Dexter, with a similar maturity?
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; August 1, 2011 at 02:59pm.

Well you see I'm not really connected to the gossip that surrounds shows, even ones I enjoy. Dexter was so good, I just figured, like all good things, it came to an end.
    It almost did, though not because of being bad but the writers felt they might have been able to end it

Also, I didn't really know how big Showtime is. I figured if Heroes could get cancelled, being aired on major networks, a series like Dexter didn't have enough steam after 5 seasons to really continue. But then again, Lost was huge, and that ended abruptly. Anyone with an ear to how networks sell their shows/how ratings actually translate into dollars care to lend their incite?
    Both those are network shows, pay stations and cable are a little different. Their shows live and die more by subscriptions (HBO, Showtime, Starz) to the network and DVD sales.

Winning a crapload of big awards (Golden Globe, Emmy, Screen Actors Guild) for Season 4 did not hurt either, and they were ALL well deserved. Did you know Micheal C Hall was battling cancer during all of Season 4? The performances him and Jon Lithgow turned in are imho some of tv's best of all time.

Its kind of funny, I just found a new appreciation for Heroes, as rewatching Season 1 is bringing back a fondness for some of the characters. I love the characters in Dexter. Especially Quinn, Angel and Deb. I wish I knew the kind of dollars Dexter brings in.
    Dexter is HUGE, the books are best sellers and the show is Showtimes #1, it owns the season premiere and season finale records for the network.

A little off topic, but is there anything else out there as good as Dexter, with a similar maturity?
    Mad Men might interest you, Breaking Bad as well. For cancelled shows there are a few like Six Feet Under (Micheal C Hall's previous show).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

it looks like after 5 strong seasons
    in my opinion, it was 4 seasons. in my opinion, last season was junk! No wonder they changed showrunners after 1 season. this season looks better! "Season."

If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    in my opinion, it was 4 seasons. in my opinion, last season was junk! No wonder they changed showrunners after 1 season. this season looks better!
    The new season seems to be more in line with S1, S3 and S4.

I think they were really confused with where to take things after S4 and it did take them awhile to get the show going storywise. The end of S5 was MUCH better than the beginning.

S6 looks like it will be up there performance and storywise with S1 and S4

Trailer looks interesting.

I really liked S5, though it's nowhere near as good as S3 and S4. It certainly improved as it went on, I would have liked to see Lumen introduced earlier (love Julia Stiles), but I still enjoyed the first episodes.

The performances him and Jon Lithgow turned in are imho some of tv's best of all time.
    I totally agree, John Lithgow was amazing in that role.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

The end of S5 was MUCH better than the beginning.
    Yes, because it marked the end of Lumen!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    I can't wait either!!! It's been way too long!

Slight Season 5 Spoilers Below

It almost did, though not because of being bad but the writers felt they might have been able to end it
    Thanks for the info. I tried giving Breaking Bad a shot, but stopped watching after a few episodes. Most likely due to being caught up in another show. I usually watch shows with my boyfriend, and his tastes are a tad narrow. While I appreciate hunky male leads that give stirring performances, the attractiveness of the star tends to govern his viewing choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Yes, because it marked the end of Lumen!
    Yeah, I agree. I didn't like Lumen either. We all know Batman fairs just fine without Robin... although it was satisfactory how they took out all of her attackers.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; August 2, 2011 at 03:59am.

Maybe it's because I have a crush on Julia Stiles, but I really liked Season 5(although what the villains of the season were doing was really tough to endure). Dexter is my favorite show on TV and one of the few where I'm up to date on. Season 4 was also slow moving for me since I had it spoiled for me before I started watching it. Rather than being on the edge of my seat, I wanted them to just hurry up and give me the ending I had heard about.

As for other cable shows, I used to really like True Blood, but it's gone downhill with each season imo. I really need to watch Breakin' Bad. I hear nothing but good things about it. I tried to watch Mad Men & Walking Bad, but didn't make it past the pilots(they weren't horrific but I just wasn't in the mood to keep watching). USA's Suits is pretty good, but not ground breaking or award worthy imo.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 8, 2011 at 01:42am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm finally caught up!!!!!!!

I didn't watch Dexter until recently when I saw it on Netflix. I downloaded season 5 and finished it over the weekend. I even went out last night and got three of the books and read half of the first one last night before I went to bed. From what I've heard, the first book is similar to the first season, but after that they are different.

Season 3 was my least favorite, mainly because I don't like Jimmy Smits. I have a co-worker I got hooked on it also and he said the same thing about Smits.

I don't get Showtime, so I'm gonna have my brother DVR them for me this year
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

So what did everyone think of the S6 Premiere?

Ack I missed it! I'm going to watch it right now!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Is it true he kills Casey Anthony? Or alteast, someone acting like her?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

already better than all of season 5.

Really fun premiere with Dexter's highschool reunion and him having to adapt as a popular guy. Collin Hanks and Edward James Omos as ritual killers are an interesting start to the season.

I hope Dexter never ends. What an awesome freaking show.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Two more seasons. I just heard on Howard 100 News that Showtime has signed on for two more seasons.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980