View Poll Results: favourite vintage figure round 1 poll 1. choose 21 figures to go into round 2

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzzsaw Hordak

5 25.00%
  • Rattlor

11 55.00%
  • Merman

14 70.00%
  • Snout Spout

2 10.00%
  • Kobra Khan

12 60.00%
  • Mermista

2 10.00%
  • Rotar

2 10.00%
  • She-Ra

4 20.00%
  • Sy-Klone

9 45.00%
  • Evil-Lyn

9 45.00%
  • Faker

14 70.00%
  • King Randor

8 40.00%
  • Kowl

4 20.00%
  • Zodak

8 40.00%
  • Mantenna

13 65.00%
  • Roboto

10 50.00%
  • Blade

5 25.00%
  • Stinkor

15 75.00%
  • Rokkon

7 35.00%
  • Blast Attack

8 40.00%
  • Leech

14 70.00%
  • Modulok

10 50.00%
  • He-Man

18 90.00%
  • Scratchin' Sound Catra

2 10.00%
  • Webstor

14 70.00%
  • Twistoid

3 15.00%
  • Two Bad

12 60.00%
  • Trap Jaw

15 75.00%
  • Spikor

10 50.00%
  • Glimmer

2 10.00%
  • Horde Trooper

11 55.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Our Favourite Vintage Figure.

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar

Our Favourite Vintage Figure.

There are so many of the vintage figures which I love for various reasons & this got me thinking that everyone must have their own reasons why a particular figure is their personal favourite. They could be nostalgic reasons that bring you back to fond childhood memories or simply because you like the look of that particular figure. Or maybe you liked their action features & accessories.

I then thought it would be cool if we all could vote for our own favourite figure & see who the fans think is the ultimate figure from the 80’s.
    It will be interesting to see if it will be a Heroic Warrior, a member of the Great Rebellion, an Evil Warrior, one of the Snake Men or a member of the Evil Horde.

With some helpful advice from He-bro we thought the best & most fun way to do this would be to post a number of polls over the next few weeks were we can all choose which figures are worthy of progressing to the final poll were we end up choosing the winning figure.

There are 93 figures in total & the maximum number of figures I can fit into one poll is 35. This means I am going to split the polls up into rounds. I have listed below how the rounds will be worked out during the course of the next few weeks….

Round 1
    In this round we have all 93 figures split up into 3 polls consisting of 31 figures each (figures for these 3 polls will be selected in a random order).
    In each poll you will vote for which figures you want to see go through to round 2. (You can vote on multiple figures.)
    To do this I will select the figures with the most votes from each poll.
    21 figures from poll 1
    21 figures from poll 2
    22 figures from poll 3
    This means that 64 figures will be going through to round 2.

Round 2
    This round will have the 64 winners from round 1 split up into 2 polls consisting of 32 figures each (these figures will be selected in a new random order).
    Again you will select from these 2 polls which figures you want to go through to round 3.
    16 figures from poll 1 & 16 figures from poll 2 will be selected. This means that 32 figures will be going through to round 3

Round 3
    This round will have the 32 winners from round 2 listed in 1 poll.
    You will then vote for the 16 figures you would like to see go through to round 4.

Round 4
    This round will have the 16 winners from round 3 listed in 1 poll.
    You will then vote for the 8 figures you would like to see go through to round 5.

Round 5
    This round will have the 8 winners from round 4 listed in 1 poll.
    You will then vote for the 4 figures you would like to see go through to the semi final.

Semi final
    Here we will have the 4 winners from round 5 listed in 1 poll. You will then vote for the 2 figures you want to go through to the final.

Final
    In the final we will have the remaining 2 figures. Now it is time for you to vote for the ultimate vintage figure.

I hope that all made sense, it probably sounds more complicated than it actually is.

I really want this to be fun for all of us so please feel free to comment below on which figure is your favourite & why. Feel free to attach images of your favourite figures etc.
    Even if you want to start campaigns to try to help your favourite figure win, that would be cool too.

I just ask that we all do this in a positive & friendly manner & respect everyone’s figure choices. We all have figures we love & figures we are not so keen on. As the saying goes “If we were all the same, the World would be a very boring place”.

So I think it’s about time we got this thing started. Here are the entries for ‘Round 1 Poll 1’

The Poll for 'Round 1 Poll 1' is now up & running so please vote for the figures you would like to see go through to round 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nightwing.; February 17, 2017 at 10:14pm.

Court Magician
    I never thought of Rattlor as one of my favorites but damn if I didn't head butt about a million heroes with his spring action. He got a vote.

Webstor probably had my favorite toy mechanism ever - until his string broke or tangled 30 minutes after I opened him. This is why I have distinct memories of buying three Webstors.

Stinkor. Enough said.
    Last edited by Universe; February 17, 2017 at 11:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I never thought of Rattlor as one of my favorites but damn if I didn't head butt about a million heroes with his spring action. He got a vote.

Webstor probably had my favorite toy mechanism ever - until his string broke or tangled 30 minutes after I opened him. This is why I have distict memories of buying three Webstors.

Stinkor. Enough said.
    those are very cool choices. I still have my original Stinkor & he still smells exactly the same lol

Spikor has always been one of my top figures. I wish he had a better voice in the cartoon. He-Man, Trap Jaw, and Horde Trooper were also some of the other ones I voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Spikor has always been one of my top figures. I wish he had a better voice in the cartoon. He-Man, Trap Jaw, and Horde Trooper were also some of the other ones I voted for.
    Spikor is definitely a cool figure. unfortunately I never owned him when I was a kid, so he does not have the same nostalgic value to me as other figures in the line but now that I own him in my collection I completely understand why he could be some fans top choice

Widget
    Some of my favourites here:

• Kobra Khan - countless trips to the faucet the day I opened that guy!
    • Buzzsaw Hordak - One of the figures I never had but who looked super fun. I'm surprised he got so few votes.
    • Horde Trooper - also never had one but also looked fun.
    • Trap Jaw - one of the best actkon figues ever made.
    • Webstor - he was a total bad-ass for a day or two till he fell down (mid-climb) and broke his armour. He was a total loser ever since, but I'll never forget his glory.
    • Roboto- robots and MOTU were two of the the coolest two things when you were 8 years old in 1985.
    • Stinkor - Stinkiness was the third coolest thing.

I did like Spikor too! But it looks like I'm one of the two people who didn't vote for He-Man. Partially this is because I just prefer the bad guys. I let my younger brother get all the good guys! Also, while I wanted MOTU since the first tv ad, we didn't actually get any for a couple years, and basic He-Man is a wave-1 figure we never got. That's my excuse, how about the other hold-out?

Finally, who voted for Snout Sprout?

Edit - actually I think I might have voted for Elephant Man. In my defense, only our bottom 10 got cut, so we had to keep more than we tossed. I just picked up Dumbo last week, having never owned him, so I guess he's kind of a novelty at the moment too.
    Last edited by crimhead; February 24, 2017 at 01:13am.
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

Trap Jaw hands down the best figure, but I have a love Battle armor Skeletor too.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Somehow I missed this one
    I'm sorry you missed it. I hope the figures you were going to vote for got to round 2.

I will be posting the new polls every weekend from here on in. By the way, If you can think of any ways to help me spread the word about these polls it would be much appreciated.