Thread: He-Man/She-Ra telepathic communication.

Hybrid View

He-Man/She-Ra telepathic communication.

Now, we've seen the Sorceress contact He-Man by telepathy a hundred or more times.

We've seen the Sorceress speak to Adora/She-Ra through a telepathy of sorts.

Can He-Man and She-Ra communicate with one another by telepathy?

If so, could they have an entire conversation that way, or is it something that can only be used for a sentence or two or three?

I re-call reading a She-Ra episode review where she contacted her brother directly through telepathy.

What's the verdict here?
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    i thought the telepathy was the sorceress's thing... she enabled it in she-ra and he-man, but they aren't capable of it by themselves... that's how i've always thought of it.

she-ra can communicate with animals though...
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    i thought the telepathy was the sorceress's thing... she enabled it in she-ra and he-man, but they aren't capable of it by themselves... that's how i've always thought of it.

she-ra can communicate with animals though...
    Which raises another question... if Beastman, and She-Ra, competed for an animal's loyalty, who would win?
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

The common denominator is The Sorceress, so she is the one that uses telepathy. So I would say, no, they cannot communicate with each other that way.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    Now, we've seen the Sorceress contact He-Man by telepathy a hundred or more times.

We've seen the Sorceress speak to Adora/She-Ra through a telepathy of sorts.

Can He-Man and She-Ra communicate with one another by telepathy?

If so, could they have an entire conversation that way, or is it something that can only be used for a sentence or two or three?

I re-call reading a She-Ra episode review where she contacted her brother directly through telepathy.

What's the verdict here?

I would like to think they could. After all, in "She-Ra Makes a Promise," I think that's the episode, She-Ra called Adam all the way from Etheria by staring at the stars and saying, "He-Man, I need your help." I think telepathy was involved there. Oh, but I'm not sure how long they could keep up that line of talk because of the distance or whatever. In the episode I'm referring to, she kept repeating herself so it could reach him...so who knows?! You could also chalk that up to them being twins and they have a "connection." *shrugs*
    Last edited by foxy11814; January 24, 2007 at 11:22pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy11814 View Post
    I would like to think they could. After all, in "She-Ra Makes a Promise," I think that's the episode, She-Ra called Adam all the way from Etheria by staring at the stars and saying, "He-Man, I need your help." I think telepathy was involved there. Oh, but I'm not sure how long they could keep up that line of talk because of the distance or whatever. In the episode I'm referring to, she kept repeating herself so it could reach him...so who knows?! You could also chalk that up to them being twins and they have a "connection." *shrugs*
    http://www.melendybrittfansite.net/V...eahtm/0071.htm

Quote Originally Posted by foxy11814 View Post
    After looking at Shadow Weaver's video link (thanks, Shadow Weaver! ), I agree that it's long-distance telepathy.

From looking at the link, though, it's clear that it's very limited telepathy, and couldn't be used for much of anything beyond sending out a distress signal... and it might only work for She-Ra to He-Man (and not from He-Man to She-Ra), as it might be somehow tied to her ability to communicate telepathically with animals.

At the very least, She-Ra is capable of initiating direct, but very limited, telepathy between herself and He-Man,... with out any aid from the Sorceress.

Of course, that's with She-Ra on Etheria, and He-Man on Eternia - if they're on the same planet, perhaps the greatly reduced lack of distance would allow for less limited telepathy.