View Poll Results: Will you purchase the re-tooled Evil Lyn staction?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Bring her on!

96 73.85%
  • No thanks.

34 26.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil Lyn staction... Yay or Nay?

Evil Lyn staction... Yay or Nay?

After putting up the He-Man poll, I realized something.
    These polls can be an informative tool to help the Four Horsemen know how our community here feels about re-tools.

There are strong arguments for both sides:

A re-tool can help a full wave get out quicker.
    A re-tool can improve upon the existing character.
    A re-tool can possibly pull in more collectors.
    OR...
    A re-tool takes up the slot for another new character.
    A re-tool could potentially be a pegwarmer.

What do you think about the Evil Lyn staction?

Now this is a little different, as we're also getting a cool Screech accessory with her, so that may be more forgiving for those of you who don't like the re-tooled stactions.

Here's the poll, throw your vote in! And be nice!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

This was a tough one to answer. I will be purchasing an evil-lyn, but with some reluctance. I'm not extremely excited about getting a staction I already have a figure for but I do like supporting the horseman.

I would much rather see some new characters before re-tools. But if doing re-tools increases the chances of this line continuing, I'll get over it.
    The names Two-Bug, but you can call me Web-Off... ehh... or Buzz-Stor... err... whatever.

Yes, I'm wholeheartedly in favour of the Evil Lyn staction!

I am more for the Evil lyn staction because I prefer the pale skinned, white haired version. If it was another classic colored, i wouldn't be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Luigispice View Post
    I am more for the Evil lyn staction because I prefer the pale skinned, white haired version. If it was another classic colored, i wouldn't be happy
    That's a great point.

In fact due to that and the Screech, I'm sure that's why we've not had the great debates over Evil Lyn like we've been having over He-Man.

I excpect that most are in favor of her being made.

Although we've yet to see what exactly the He-Man staction will look like or what he'll come with.

What if he's a deluxe staction? With a Battle Cat included!!!
    (Kidding here, .)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Although we've yet to see what exactly the He-Man staction will look like or what he'll come with.

What if he's a deluxe staction? With a Battle Cat included!!!
    (Kidding here, .)
    Now that's actually a really good idea! And what about do Battle Cat with "real" fur this time? Same could be done with a staction of Skeletor and Panthor too!

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, I think a full sized battle cat would be a bit much to ask. Plus the Battle Cat that we already have was pretty nice. I wouldn't mind a Cringer, though.

In the name of the Lloyd!

peterm
    I hope to get one.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I cannot wait to get Evil-Lyn, this is the proper version I've been waiting for and its the best. I have the classic colours, but the MYP colours are the best.

As I said in another post, I was wactually more bummed about finding Evil-lyn taking up a slot than He-man. I don't know why, but I just wasn't crazy about getting her, despite how well done her staction seems to be. I've since warmed up to the thought, mainly because I think Screech looks great, but for some reason I still don't feel as excited as I could be. I like her more than the classic version, though, as I never really liked that Simpsons Yellow skin very much.

It's strange, I don't know why getting a redo of He-man bothers me so little.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I have nothing against re-tools. But I'm not crazy about getting a repaint of the exclusive. I would have rather had a choice at the convention rather than having Evil-Lyn take up a spot that could have been reserved for a sculpt we haven't had a chance to get yet. Basically the only reason I'll get this new version of her is for Screech.

Yes!!! I can't wait for wave 5 to get here...I love the Lyn repain!! PLUS she comes with Screech!!!

Not to mention...the actual action figure looks like she was smashed in the face. As soon as I get the wave 5 Lyn, she WILL be replacing the toy on my shelf. The con exclusive will remain MOC.
    Last edited by chuc98; February 12, 2007 at 02:45pm.

Nope.

I have both the original figure and the WWC exclusive. I don't really need another Evil-Lynn. But this doesn't bother me *nearly* as much as the report of a re-done He-Man. If I had my way, both would be replaced with new characters. But I can understand the scarcity of Evil-Lynn, so it's not as big a deal to me that we're getting another.

But on the whole, I say down with re-dos, because they hurt the line overall. Anything that takes sales away from the core audience (us He-Geeks) by offering them product they basically already have is bad. I don't think the gains in sales for newcomers/casual fans are going to offset the loss of hardcore fans who won't bite again for a re-do. Like me...

ho yer, her face sculpt is so much better then the figure
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I'd rather get the redos later than sooner- only because we get so few stations a year as it is. Redos do feel like they are taking up a slot to me.

I know allot of fans are happy with getting 6 stactions a year-but for me, the station line is being released too slowly for my taste. I would prefer 9 or even 12 stactions a year. I wouldn't mind redos added to the waves then- because we would not have to wait so long between waves for new figures, while starting to replace some older one.

While I am happy I am getting Evil Lyn, I am not excited about getting her. Same goes for He-man or any other redo.

Heroic Warrior
    As I didn't get the Con Exclusive Lyn, I will definitely get the regular version released with the normal sets of 3 that the next wave will have.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I'm buying her, but mainly because she comes with Screech! For me, the classic colors exclusive is the definitive 'Lyn. I don't really need another one.
    Maybe with He-Man, they could stick in a little Zoar (not the pheasant that the Sorceress comes with, but an actual classic line Zoar update!). Or a Comet Cat. Now a retool with a little added something, that sort of thing I can support.

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Not a fan of these retools. I want new characters more than anything.

Some, like Rattlor or Whiplash or Orko would be good to retool at a better size, but that is about it.

The other thing I don't like about Lyn is that she is not posed like a toy, with her leg and firey hand. That is supposed to be the rule with Stactions.

I will still get her because I support the line and am a completist, but I would much rather have new characters.

3 waves with a retool ='s an entire wave of new character Stactions we could have had..

Dr. Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega View Post
    The other thing I don't like about Lyn is that she is not posed like a toy, with her leg and firey hand. That is supposed to be the rule with Stactions.
    Yeah, the rule for stactions that don't already have toy counterparts. If you want an Evil-Lyn that looks like a toy, there's an easy solution for that...

Heroic Warrior
    see now I'm not ALL for retools though I voted yes bring her on and I voted yes for he-man too. let me change that - I'm all for retools but essentially not at the expense of other characters with a few buts.

He-Man really needs a 200X iconic version of him that does justice to the character. and I'd like him sooner than later AND it's appropriate to have him for this year it being the 25th anniversary of MOTU and all that.

Evil Lyn looks 1000x better as a staction than the action figure which makes me want to see everyone stactionized sometime down the road.

that being said I would really like to see all the 1980s characters get done with this reimagining and great detail. seeing as how we've had that with many figures I do want more new never before reimagined stactions first but I also realize that retoolings probably cost less than building a character from the ground up - it takes less time and thus can help the longevity of the line even if it doesn't sell as hot as a brand new character would.

so I may not be 100% behind retools before I see new characters I will buy them if I like them and I won't be complaining about not having so and so in place of so and so. Now if they start giving us pointless repaints and variants in place of new characters then I'll be ****ED.

a note before anyone says anything - CC evil Lyn and Sorceress were exclusives and didn't take anyone's spot.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    What do you think about the Evil Lyn staction?

Now this is a little different, as we're also getting a cool Screech accessory with her, so that may be more forgiving for those of you who don't like the re-tooled stactions.
    Yes; she would compliment the Sorceress nicely if she came with Screech.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Yes specially since she comes with Screech.

Heroic Warrior
    The only reason i'm getting her is
    1. Screech
    2. cool little flame thing in her hand
    3. completeing the set/easier than ordering the other 2 separately
    THERE ALREADY IS A MOSSMAN
    "yea yea thats right, its me mossman i was already made, dont make me again"

I DON'T CARE IF YOU FORGOT TO SEND OUT FOR FAKER, HE DOESN'T NEED A STACTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Yes; she would compliment the Sorceress nicely if she came with Screech.
    But she IS coming with Screech.

I hate the idea of re-tools/re-dos so early in the line I will buy them so that the line can continue and I get to see all of the vintage line in 4HM glory.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes